54-Year-Old Female Used Voluma For Adding Fullness To Mid-Face - Hunt Valley, MD

I turned 54 in June (2014) and looked pretty good...

I turned 54 in June (2014) and looked pretty good then. Friends were regularly remarking how great I looked at 54. Fast-forward to 5 months later, and the effects of sudden stressor in my life -- the loss of a parent, ballooning workload, big problems in my husband's family, big problems in my family, has created lots of stress made worse by worrying, sadness, lack of sleep, not eating right and so on. Unfortunately, the cumulative effects of all this stress has had a negative impact on my face. Bottom line is, oxidative stress causes cell death in humans and directly contributes to our aging process. It certainly seems to be my situation.

2 Weeks Later Following Voluma

The effects of Voluma are really apparent at 2-weeks out. It also helps to get quality sleep, stay positive, eat right and drink water, which I have been doing. I think a combination of these things have made a significant improvement in my how my face looks!

12/5 - Big Improvement

Here's another photo taken on 12/5 - the improvement is clear! Again, the combination of the Voluma, rest, drinking water and eating right have really helped to improve my otherwise tired, drawn and aged face!

December 2015

It's been about a year since my November 2014 Voluma treatment. I had another round of Voluma 9/30/15. Things are still looking pretty good!

4 Months After Voluma Treatment

It has been 4 months after my last Voluma Treatment. In that time, I've been through hell and back. As a consequence of enduring numerous personal issues, I developed terrible health problems in response to all the stress. BUT we survived, and things are getting back to normal now. Let me tell you, friends.... stress is the WORST thing for our happiness - AND our good looks -- as we ALL know too well! I am now back on track, back at the gym, getting good rest, drinking lots of water (I make spa water - frozen organic mixed fruit mixed with water), eating much better (cooking a LOT at home), taking long soaks in the tub using my homemade bath bombs (WORK WONDERS), taking long walks, using the sauna at the gym, getting in-touch with my spiritual side, meditating, staying positive, etc.... All of these things are so important. While I'm not completely out of the woods, I look - and feel much better already. My best to you all!
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

I've been traveling to see Dr. Robert Weiss at the Maryland Laser, Skin and Vein Institute in Hunt Valley Maryland off and on for the past 6-8 years. He advertises his practice as, "providing the most innovative and effective treatments in the world for aging or sun-damaged skin." I agree with that claim. Dr. Weiss is extremely experienced, knowledgeable and is genuinely committed to investigating, learning and providing the best treatments possible in dermatology and dermatologic surgery. Dr. Weiss is, in a word, fantastic! I just wish his office was a little closer to me - but the hour-long drive is worth it. Today, I was seeing him to have Voluma (a new treatment for me) and Botox (had it several times - tried and true for me). Dr. Weiss injected 1 cc of Voluma mid-face - where he said I needed it (he is very experienced and has a great eye as a result). Fortunately, the "apples" of my cheeks are still full and I didn't require it there. I saw immediate results which can also be seen in my pictures. I will continue to track my progress as time goes on, but right now, this is a procedure that I can (so far) highly recommend.