Much Better Now

Dear Dr. Ching, Over two years ago, I had...

Dear Dr. Ching,

Over two years ago, I had bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction with less than satisfactory results. The reconstruction was not right for my body frame, leaving me physically and psychologically uncomfortable. I feel so fortunate that you were willing to work with me to correct the reconstruction, since I know that not all surgeons will work on someone who has had previous surgery.

The entire experience at his Center exceeded expectations. You immediately identified the ill-fitting shape and size of the reconstruction and offered solutions for my consideration. You encouraged questions and addressed all of my concerns patiently and simply, never making me feel like these were dumb questions, and even allowing email communication with you. I felt like I was the most important thing you had to do at the moment, which encouraged me to relax and concentrate on our discussion. While I know that your practice is very busy, the appointments are arranged in such as way that I have rarely waited for more than five minutes to be shown into an exam room. The office itself is serene, clean, and neat which is important to make patients feel welcome and valued, especially when anxious about an upcoming procedure. You set the tone of respect and kindness for your patients, which I really appreciate.

From the moment I called your office to make an appointment, I felt welcomed and pampered. The receptionists, Janelle and Katrina, couldn't have been more pleasant and efficient. My Patient Counselor, Keri, was attentive and able to identify and address my main concern with simple explanations and great patience. Once the surgery was scheduled, she went out of her way to do some follow up for me "for my peace of mind." After the surgery, your RN, Yuma, has followed me closely, answering my millions of questions and allaying my fears when something seemed different. She is professional, efficient, skilled, and gentle. I feel like I can ask her anything and trust her advice.

Finally, I want to add that I really appreciate the ability to send email message to you and your staff whenever I had a question. That level of communication really helped me to feel connected to you and your great office staff. I cannot thank you enough for your skill, kindness, and concern for me during this difficult time. I feel and look much better, thanks to you.

With regards, SW
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Shim Ching exceeded all expectations with his surgical skill, artistry, gentleness, and compassion. I am so grateful to him.