43 Years Old, 2 Children Now Ready to Take Care of Me

So, I am 3 weeks away from taking the plunge with...

So, I am 3 weeks away from taking the plunge with Dr. Joshua Greenwald for an abdominoplasty, small umbilical hernia repair and mastopexy. I'm medical and I had done a lot of research prior to meeting with him. I felt very comfortable after our initial meeting. I had a consult scheduled with another doctor and cancelled it.

I have been thinking about this surgery since I had my first child 15 years ago. My youngest is now 8. I'm tired of tucking my stomach into my mom jeans. I've nearly choked myself trying to cinch up my bikini top (of course with high waisted bottoms) to make these breast appear to sag a little less. I work out regularly and would like to actually look like I do!!

I have spent the last several years taking care of everyone and losing a little bit of myself (as lots of moms tend to do). Now it is my turn!

Surgery yesterday

I am confined to this surgical bra and binder for a week before I can shower!! I am going to be such a sweaty mess!! No photos to add now but I will post a few pics of my prepop markup soon.

I have taken only Tylenol and the discomfort has been tolerable. My stomach feels very tight and I feel some burning at the incision site. I have one drain in place that I dump 3x daily.I have a leg compression device that I have to use for 3 days to avoid blood clots. So far, only one episode of nausea since surgery. I am so thankful for that.
I was happy to find that there was no loss of nipple sensation because there was a 10% chance. I do notice some numbness in my upper left thigh. Unsure of my stomach yet.
I'm anxious to see what everything looks like, by I have to wait a whole week!!!

Thanksgiving Day

I thought I would post some things that I am thankful for today to get into the spirit of the holiday:

1. I am thankful for rattle of pots and pans that I hear now as my husband and mother in law prepare thanksgiving. I don't have to cook!!!

2. I am thankful that I was able to have this procedure that I had been contemplating for so long.

3. Of course I am thankful for my wonderful supportive family.

4. I started with Tylenol on day 1 then increased on post op day 2 to lortab and methocarbamol provided by Dr. Greenwald. These have helped to adequately control my discomfort.

5. I am thankful for my plastic surgeon's concern. He has called twice since surgery to check on me and his office has called twice.

Of course there are so many more things on my list, but my meds are making me a little drowsy now. Hopefully I will be able to stop them soon. Have a blessed day, everyone!

Bandages and drain are gone????

I just lost the whole review I typed, so this will be short. There is still a bit of swelling due to a bit of an extensive hernia repair as well as flank lipo. Breast lift is healing well. I am not taking any pain meds at this time. I thought I would graduate to my Spanx garment today (instructed to bring it to the first post op
visit, but no such luck. I have to wear two binders now, but I won't complain. I paid a lot of money for this, so I will do what it takes to get the near results!

More pics

Still some swelling for which I am wearing 2 binders. I have numbness of my belly as well which feels really weird but should get better with time. I am still walking bent over but getting closer to totally upright.
New York Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Greenwald is very knowledgeable and put me at ease. Payment has been easy with his coordinator Barbara. All of my questions have been quickly answered through email or phone calls. 5 stars so far!