5'8", 138 lbs, 35Y/O, Mom of 2 - 485cc Moderate Silicone Unders - New York, NY
Long story short, always wanted them but never...
PreOp: 1 month away!!!
My nutrition is on track and I work out every morning… determined to keep it up. I decided to tell only a handful of friends and family about the surgery because I find that it is something I’ve already decided and only value my and partner’s opinion. I’m blessed that he’s unconditionally supportive as he knows that it is something I have always wanted to do. I told him he might just get to play with them… ha! Today I needed a strapless bra and went to Victoria’s Secret and got measure: 32C… I have no idea how I am even a C but needed the bra nonetheless! Happy to share my journey and experience so if anyone has any questions, feel free!
3 Weeks Away: Planning, Nervous but Still Ready!
- I have received paperwork from the PS confirming the date and instructions along with PreOp Instructions, list of medication to stop taking, Final Bill, PostOp Instructions, and PreOp Testing.
- I have an appointment schedule for the testing this week. I hope that everything goes well and I’m cleared. *fingers crossed*
- Feeling nervous, mostly surrounding recovery. I plan to go back to work on Day 6 PostOp. Wondering if the amount of time is too short but (at this point) not willing to lengthen it and lose vacation time and take away time from the kids. Ideally, want to bounce back ASAP. Trying to stay as realistic as possible with the expectations.
- Another aspect I’m worried about is people close to me noticing the change. I decided not to tell many people because I find it to be personal. I already had an instant where I told a close friend and her boyfriend brought it up. I am pegging that one to the risk you take when you tell people your business. Still worried about the conversation if someone asks or brings it up. Depending on the person, I’ll decide whether it’ll range from “Sure, they are all mines” to “Not too comfortable chatting about it.” I’m cringing even writing this because those are just conversations I do not care to have. I’m direct so it’s all or nothing with me.
- I remain happy with the decision to do it. Mainly because I want to feel feminine and not be afraid of the things I wear because I’m too flat. Feeling extremely blessed to have a close friend who has already had them for several years, this community and FB community to help understand all the things this process entails. I even found a girl that had the surgery with my PS and it’s been such a comfort to see her progress.
- I’m told that Arnica Montana tablets are good for the bruises and soreness and I’m currently testing that theory with all the bumps and bruises I easily get all the time. Supposedly taking it ahead of time improves your chance but it’s just a theory. I went all over the place looking for them and finally got them on Amazon.
I highly recommend Snapchat as a source. Unbelieve that you actually get to see surgeries in real time. Not for the faint of heart… they are some I just can not stomach!
More planning to come as the day approaches. Until then, hope everyone is enjoying their summer! ?
2 Weeks PreOp… yikes!
My blood work came back indicating an infection (currently being treated with antibiotics) and anticipating that I will be all cleared for surgery by the end of the week. DEFINITELY RECOMMEND DOING THE BLOODWORK AT THE BEGINNING OF WHATEVER TIMELINE that your surgery recommends so you have plenty of time to tie up loose ends and eliminate surprise. I want to buy things that will help me prepare for recovery but I don’t want to get too out of hand so impatiently waiting. I want to buy a D bra SO BAD but who knows if that will be my size afterwards. At this moment ,It feels weird and surreal like it is something that is not really happening soon. Focusing on work and home to make sure all is together so I can rest easy once it is done. Pray for me!
Cleared for surgery but debating size!
So I did the RICE TEST last night and (whoa!) I think I may be going a tad too big with the 485cc. Deciding between 445 and 485cc Silicone Moderate +. I’m 5’8”and 135lbs. Anyone else with similar stats or body frame? I just don't want them too big for my frame.
9 Days away!
Officially on Boobie Side
Post Day 3
Post Op Day 6
1st Post Op Appt
He concisely answered all my questions before I even asked them, which made it clear that he's experienced and confident in his craft. He was my first and only consultation and based on the reviews, connecting with recent patients and meeting him it feels I'm in the right hands. He made me feel comfortable even with my husband in the room. Dr. Greenwald was straightforward and that is something I very much value. He's on point and hands you the info to decide with no pressure. It has been a pleasure working with him as I welcome the girls! Ha!