Rhinoplasty with Mr Uppal. - London, UK

I had a closed rhinoplasty procedure done by Mr...

I had a closed rhinoplasty procedure done by Mr Uppal. He has improved and reduced my bridge, width and tip.

Mr Uppal measured and explained how much cartilage/bone he would take out. He also created an after photo using his Ipad. He asked me if I was satisfied with the predicted picture as he digitally modified my nose, in front of me. He is friendly and animated whilst also professional. The other surgeons I met over the years during my rhinoplasty research have been blasé during their consultation.

As I woke up from the surgery in the hospital I felt no hint of pain. I thought once the antistatic wore off, I would be in agony. I however I felt no pain during my day stay in the hospital and the whole month of healing. It was a very pain free surgical procedure.

The only con I had after the surgery, is that I bleed alot for two minutes after the surgery. This is because I did not have my head levitated long enough to stop the flow of blood. I was not informed about this before the surgery, as this could happen if the nostrils haven't been blocked with nasal packing to help block the flow. I alternatively was given had a nose bandage that was put over my nostrils, which I had to replace every day. (I only needed the nose bandage on for three or four days after the surgery. )
The nurses at St John & St Elizabeth hospital dealt with the problem efficiently within seconds and informed me how to prevent the bleeding. The staff were very friendly and helpful and discharged me only when they saw me fit enough to leave. The staff also made me feel at ease from the beginning of my stay and until I left the ward.

I had my cast removed by Mr Uppal. I was shocked and very pleased with the new nose. It swelled up dramatically the first weeks after the cast was removed, leaving one nostril higher up then the other. Dramatic swelling is expected to happen the first few weeks. It will also swell down more after six months of surgery. I was also informed in the beginning of my consultation with Mr Uppal that it takes a year to see the final outcome. It has now has swollen down a great deal after two months and it has now a very natural look. One of the nostrils is slowly stating to even out after the first day of cast removal.

I was happy with the two month follow up with Mr Uppal. I was put at ease and he listened to my concerns. He listened to my concerns and reviewed the issue of my nostril. He informed me that my nostril will hopefully even out when the scars inside my nostril even out. He also gave me useful tips to help stop swollen of the tip over the months to hopefully give me a quicker recovery time. He has agreed to do revision after another three month follow up if one of my nostril has not even out by then. I am very pleased that it would only be done under local antistatic whilst I am awake.

I am also very pleased with the professionalism and helpfulness from Mr Uppal's PA, Sharon.

Overall I am very pleased with my nose. I am confidante again and I do not feel anxiety now when I look in the mirror. I feel that I made the right decision to get my nose improved as I feel that the years of anxiety of my nose has now vanished. I now can focus on the main important issues in my life without having to worry. People and family members have now seen a happier side of me. They also are very pleased with the outcome of the nose.

One year post operation.

One year review. post op

Overall, I am happy with my nose. I have less panic attacks when it public and I can now go out not wearing makeup and am more confidant. Only down point is that one nostil still is bigger than the other. I did recive free revision, under local anaesthetic and awake. It doesn't bother me but I might get revision to make them even in a year's time.
London Plastic Surgeon