African Descent - Rhino with Dr G - Glendale, CA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I'm very unlikely to post pictures (really sorry,...

I'm very unlikely to post pictures (really sorry, because it's pictures and reviews that have helped me decide on dr G.)

I decided to save my money for Dr G based on these reviews. I'll be flying in from Africa, I've been in contact with the office, Sent in my pics, sent in labs, etc hoping it goes well, because i haven't seen much black noses in his site, though i notice many ethic people. i hope i get the nose i want, because this is a huge amount of money especially from my currency.

surgery done (rhinoplasty/ septoplasty/ opening of air ways) & Lots of Information

so it's all done. the wait & anticipation was more nerve wrecking than the surgery considering your asleep during it.

initial consult from months ago: via email, with pictures and free

2 weeks Pre surgery: no alcohol, no smoking, no meds, no vitamins. only tylenol allowed.

the preconsult yesterdat was really good.
Staff: really nice & friendly
(no foods or liquid after midnight/ 2am)
no digital imaging, found out i have a very slight deviated septum

I gave them a lot of stress with my bank payment from abroad, appointment times etc, but they were wonderful and nice. i communicated mostly via email and phone.

Hotel : Glendale Hilton ( about 5 mins from his hospital & surgery place) ($22 with taxi, and $10 with lyft app)

Surgery: they said walk through doors at 10am.
got there 9.50am, signed paper work, told them of any allergies about 5x, wore a band started about 1pm. ( i was prepared from realself & the women at his office i was prob start about 12 noon)

Had someone pick me up, so i left their number with the nurses, so they wouldn't wait all day.

nurses & anesthesiologist @ usc verdugo hills: were so nice and amazing

After surgery: had a huge amount of anxiety about breathing, but i calmed down with within 20 mins, i was actually fine. and i needed to use the restroom (i don't think other patients experience this)

Pain: one a scale of 1-10, pain was a 3.5 at nose & slight headache. I took a pain killer at the hospital and havent needed one since.

Food I was told to eat clear foods like chicken broth, jello, juice. i had chicken noodle soup and jello, i hope it doesn't store in my body too long since the metabolism is slow after anesthesia but i was hungry, and she said a little pho was ok, but i finished the ramen.

Nausea: didnt throw up, and havent felt sick since yesterday

Bruising: so far none, i keep looking at my under eyes, and for now its fine. They gave me gloves to put ice inside, so you don't have to buy an ice pack.

gauze: i was shown how to change it

dressing comes off in 4 days then i'm allowed to travel home

Aesthetics: no imaging was done, we just went over what i wanted on email, pre consult and before surgery. he also explained that i should not worry about having a pointed nose, and surprisingly i can never have one. my bulbous tip can be adjusted but it cannot become super pointy which is nice to know.

even though i didn't post pictures i hope this was a lot of information.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon