28, Wanting a Cute Grigoryants Nose!

Hi all, I've wanted a nose job for several years...

Hi all,
I've wanted a nose job for several years now and I've been browsing this site for a long time. I don't think my current nose is awful, I just want a different one. I fell in love with the results posted on RealSelf from Dr. Grigoryants' patients as he seems to specialize in cute, little, slightly upturned noses, a look that I adore. I am hoping for a huge change and I wouldn't mind having a nose that people suspect was "done."
I had an email consult with Dr. Grigoryants in July, and booked my surgery then. It's only two months away now and I'm getting so excited! My pre op will be the day before at 3pm and my surgery will be the next morning at 6am. I will be making the ~6hr drive from Phoenix and staying the night in LA and my husband will drive us back the next day. In order to get back to LA for the post-op appointment a week later, I was thinking about flying in and out the same day. Does anyone have any thoughts on flying with all the packing and stuff still in your nose?
I will keep you guys updated!

About 2 weeks away...

I'm about 2 weeks away from my surgery! I'm getting super excited and I thought I would upload a few more "before" pictures. It is so weird that this is my "before" nose. Every single person I have told has asked me why I am doing this as I don't "need" it. I have been spending a lot of time in front of the mirror lately doing "finger morphs" trying to make sure that this is in fact something I want to go through with and I am positive that it is. I'm only doing this for myself and I think that a rhinoplasty will improve my appearance. I have an Airbnb booked and I've bought a few supplies, like a neck pillow, arnica, and Biotene spray. I did ask Dr. Grigoryants about my plan to drive home to Phoenix and then fly in and out of LA on the same day for my post-op appointment and he said that I should not fly. I still plan on returning home via car the day after my surgery to spend the majority of my recovery in my own home, but I will now just drive back to LA with a friend for my cast removal.

All done!

My surgery was this morning and everything went great! I'm not in a lot of pain at all. The worst part so far is all of the dressings in and on my face! I'm also bleeding through my "mustache gauze" pretty quickly and the blood trickling is a nasty feeling lol. I am pretty out of it still so I will try to update tomorrow with more details :)

Day after surgery

After I wrote my update yesterday, my mild discomfort just became pain. My nose is throbbing, I have a headache, my top teeth hurt and I have on and off nausea. My muscles in my legs, back and neck are also very sore this morning. I feel like I've been hit by a truck, lol!
So on Thursday I met with Dr. Grigoryants for my pre-op appointment and he got right to the point with what he would do to my nose. He pointed out a few asymmetries I had never even noticed and told me what he could and couldn't fix. I was pleased with what he had to say but I had brought some pictures of girls with tiny ski slope noses that I wanted to show him and he told me that that shape of nose looks good on those girls because they already have small nostrils and squarer faces. He said because my face is longer and narrower that this kind of nose would end up looking very piggy and unusual on me so he was going to not lift the tip of my nose as much. I totally agreed with him and was thankful that he told me why he wasn't going to give me that look. Dr Grigoryants took some pictures of my nose and then we were done! They sent me home with my medications for anti nausea, pain, antibiotics, and lidocaine cream.
Yesterday, the day of my surgery, my arrival time was 6:00am. I first went into the same day surgery area where I changed into a gown and put my clothes in a locker. The nurses were super nice and they got my IV started and asked me a bunch of questions about my medical history. Then I went into the pre-op area where I met with the anesthesiologist, the OR nurse, and quickly saw Dr. G again. The anesthesiologist asked me if I wanted to wake up feeling more alert or like I'd had a couple of drinks and I told him more alert. He gave me a little bit of Versed right before they wheeled me into the operating room. I remember moving onto the table and having a mask on my face before he injected what I think he said was Propofol and then I was off to sleep. When I woke up in the recovery area, it took me a minute to remember where i was. I felt kind of nauseous and the nurse asked me to rate my pain. I think I said it was a 3 and she gave me some Dilaudid and some anti nausea medication. I was surprised to learn I had already been out of surgery for about 45 minutes at that point. I was in and out of sleep, and after a little while, I was wheeled back to the same day surgery area where the nurses showed my husband and me how to change the drip pad and went over aftercare with us. When I was wheeled it to the car to leave the hospital I was shivering and my teeth were chattering uncontrollably. It was really weird because I didn't feel especially cold. When I got back to our Airbnb, I ate a little bit and then fell asleep for several hours. Around 4:00pm, I found out that there had been a family emergency at home in Phoenix so we drove back last night which was an absolutely miserable drive. When we finally got home I fell asleep quickly but kept waking up throughout the night due to being uncomfortable from sleeping upright as well as having a dry mouth. I'm feeling pretty lousy this morning and I hope that this recovery passes quickly!

Day 3 trying to be patient

Wow sorry for my last dramatic update, lol! I got a pretty good night of sleep and woke up today feeling a bit better and have been only taking regular Tylenol. The pain meds kind of make me nauseous so I think I'm at a point where I can just take one before bed. I decided to ditch the neck pillow because I felt like it was hurting my neck more than anything. The post care instructions state to just sleep at a 30-45 degree angle, not bolt upright or anything like that. The swelling is starting to move into my cheeks and I am pleased that I don't really have a lot of bruising to speak of. My post op appointment is on Wednesday morning and I can't wait to get this cast off!

Day 5 Post-op

Not much to report since my last update. Getting ready to drive back to LA in about an hour for my post-op appointment tomorrow morning :-D
My husband washed my hair for me in the kitchen sink this morning and i feel much better, lol. My hair was sooo greasy! The swelling and bruising is going away and I think my cast might be starting to loosen up. Not sure if that's normal or not. The tape that's holding it down is starting to lift a little bit. I'll list a few other things I've noticed so far:
-my lips seem to be a bit more plump than usual so that's a nice perk if you can overlook the giant splint in the center of my face :)
-I've been sleeping pretty well. I'm not really in any pain anymore at all and the headache has gone away.
-It's tough to laugh, smile or eat. It's especially hard to chew with my mouth closed since I have to breathe through my mouth still. My nose is still entirely blocked.
-I'm following Dr. G's instructions to clean the bottom of the nose with damp tissue and applying Vaseline but there's a lot of tape and stitches there that I don't want to mess up so I'm not getting too aggressive with it.
-Sneezing and yawning seem to put excessive pressure on my stitches so I'm trying to avoid it, but it's really hard sometimes!
Also, i feel like I have an unusually large amount of snot leaking out of my nose lol! I feel like it's in the back of my throat, too, but I can't really do anything about it since I can't "hock" it up... it's really gross. Getting my splints out tomorrow is going to be cathartic ! I can't wait to breathe through my nose again!

Cast OFF!

Today was the day! I was given some lidocaine cream at my pre-op appointment to apply to my stitches 30 minutes before my post op appointment so I did that and it definitely numbed the area a bit. When I got there, Dr. Grigoryants saw me right away. He quickly removed the cast and splints which didn't hurt at all and I could immediately breathe again. When he snipped the stitches out, it stung a little bit but not that much. He seemed really pleased with the way my nose turned out, and so was I! Even my husband immediately said, "Wow." Dr. Grigoryants told me it was obviously still swollen and that the indent in the tip was from the cast but would go away. After that, one of the girls from his office came in and showed me how to tape my nose and clean out the inside, and that was it!
My nose is still really fat and I'm already in love with it, so I can't wait to see how it looks in a few weeks! I'll post more pictures and before and afters as the swelling goes down :)

More pictures

I tried to put on some makeup today. My skin is really patchy (probably from not washing it) and my nose is ultra tender still so putting on foundation was a challenge!
I'm still carrying a lot of swelling around the sides of my mouth giving me "jowls" that I can't stand, but I am not too beat up overall and I think I can go shopping today without getting weird looks. Let me know if you guys have any questions!

Day 11 Postop

Dr. Grigoryants is an artist! In the last couple of days, the swelling in my tip has really decreased and I am loving my results so far! Still have big crusties up there that are driving me nuts, but I can breathe and smell just fine :)

I have only communicated with the surgeon and his office staff via email so far but everyone has been very helpful.