25 Years Old, Rhinoplasty with Dr. G. Glendale, CA

Tonight is the night before my rhinoplasty surgery...

Tonight is the night before my rhinoplasty surgery with Dr. G and I couldnt help but feel this urge to log my journey on here. This website and all of the reviews have been my guiding light the last year. It's insane to think that 11 months ago I was making an appointment for a consultation, and here I am tonight anxiously awaiting my surgery.

I started hating my nose about 5 years ago because I began to feel like it was actually getting bigger (weird I know). My profile bothers me so much that I can hardly stand for people to look at me sideways and I cover my nose when I laugh/smile because of how bulby it gets. Long story short, I just can't imagine going on like this for the rest of my life. Right now I feel like I look like two different people when I'm facing forward versus from my profile.

I knew I wanted Dr. G within 5 minutes of meeting him in my initial consultation. He walked into the room, handed me a mirror, and immediately started pointing out what he would do to correct my nose. Now I know my nose isn't awful, but it was comforting to hear him point out the flaws I despise! Especially because my friends and family always act shocked that I would ever want a nose job. I'm also not expecting a miracle here...if Dr. G can just soften my profile and lift my tip a little I will be more than happy!

My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow at 7:30am, so I am hoping to get a little bit of sleep. I will try to log on tomorrow to document day 1.

The pics I have uploaded are before pics. Sigh, here goes nothing...

Post Op Day 1

I'm writing an update while I'm awake because as soon as the bleeding subsides best believe I will be sleeping my life away.

So today was the day! Let's get straight to the point, I saw Dr G for about 3 minutes before my surgery. He came to my bedside, described what he would do (shave hump, bring in nostrils, lift a tiny bit, and shorten the tip), and before I knew it I was waking up in the recovery room.

I woke up in EXCRUCIATING pain. To the point where I regretted ever signing up for this, and felt like dying would be a better option. Why does everyone leave this part out? I was surprised because I've had a handful of surgeries (both cosmetic and medical) and have always considered my pain tolerance to be relatively high. The nurse was super sweet though and kept increasing my pain meds until I was at a 7/10.

I'm still pretty uncomfortable now about 4 hours after my surgery but it's at least tolerable. I have nausea and a lot of bleeding going on. So my gauze is being changed about every 20 minutes...making it really hard to fall asleep :( Dr G told me that I would have more bleeding than normal due to the incisions on my nostrils... so it wasn't a surprise.

I'm hoping it only gets better from here. My nose seems SO small already! I'm trying not to focus on it because I know any improvement is better than none :)

Better pics of surgery day

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

So far I am very pleased with Dr. G. I know a lot of people seem to have issues with his quick, to-the-point attitude but I actually find it refreshing. He isn't selling you his charm, he's selling professionalism and experience. With that being said, he still tries to have a bit of small talk which I appreciate and never seemed annoyed at any of my (probably annoying) questions. I haven't had my surgery yet but I trust him 100% to do the best he can possibly do.