Just Had my BBL Today! So Far Happy with Results Although I Can't Really Tell What the End Results Are Going to Be!

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I saw dr. Ethridge about a week ago for my...

I saw dr. Ethridge about a week ago for my consultation. Aside from being super cute! He was very friendly and had a great bedside manner. We both agreed on a Brazilian butt lift to give my booty More of a full shape. I didn't have a whole lot of fat to extract to begin with so I knew my but wouldn't change much other than just look a lot more plump. Sinnoh Kim Kardashian booty here! I did ask him to take pictures During the procedure so I could see what to expect before the swelling sets in. I'm super excited. I think my pictures look awesome and can't wait to see the finished result. all reviews I read said it would be more painful than breast augmentation, however I'm not sure if it's due to the anaesthesia from this morning. The anaesthesia was given about 12 hours ago so I would assume it had worn off by now... I will update more as I can. I would definitely recommend dr. Ethridge!

updating with pictures on a table

So I was totally drugged up last night LOL and completely forgot to post my pictures during surgery. This morning, drugged up again LOL I posted a whole new review with a whole new set of pictures. So if you want to see more pictures head on over to my other review it should be approved by the end of the day I would think. Sorry for the inconvenience, hydrocodone sure takes its toll on a person I guess LOL

48 hours post-op shower time!

14 hours after my procedure I finally get to take a shower! Take off my tummy binder and instantly had a panic attack. So I put it right back on LOL I think something about that thing was holding me up in a sense. Once I took it off I felt superlite and had a pitted feeling in the bottom of my stomach, I think something about that thing was holding me up in a sense. Once I took it off I felt super light and had a pitted feeling in the bottom my stomach, took a few minutes and got my heart rate under control decided to try one more time. The second time was much better, and oh my God that shower! It was like heaven, I didn't want to leave LOL. Snapped a quick photo for you guys. I'm not super-excited about my current shape, I feel like my rear end is smaller than I would like and I feel like my midsection is larger LOL but Dr Ethridge assured me that it was going to look like this, so it's not like I didn't know what I was getting myself into. The swelling in the midsection won't go down for about 6 months, but I can see that it's at least flat. My bottom on the other hand could be bigger. But like I said, I'm sure I didn't give him enough to work with to begin with. laying on my stomach has become agonizing, walking around is okay. The pain is not too terrible however I cannot take my hydrocodones. So Tylenol is what I'm resorting to.

Day 3 and I promise I'll leave you alone soon LOL

so we are three days in to my Brazilian transformation! Swelling seems to be about the same. Snapped some more photos for you guys! I wanted to show you the things that I've been using to help me through this healing process. the first of which is the tan garment that I'm wearing. This came custom with the BBL from dr. Ethridge. I'm also using a waist cincher on top of that I ordered this one off wish it was about $10. But the thing I'm most excited about is my booty buddy! It did set me back about $90, but I feel comfortable sitting without squishing my new booty. I do still feel like my bottom is much smaller than I had expected, but once again Dr Ethridge reminded me that as my swelling goes down in my waist the projection of my bottom will be more. Also I did ask how many cc's when it to each butt cheek, and he had told me was about a hundred and fifty. So I guess it's just a waiting game from here on out.

2 weeks post-op

so I wanted to update everybody. Soreness is 100% gone, I feel great and I'm ready to exercise. I see the doctor tomorrow and hope I get the go-ahead... StairMaster here I come! My stitches has seemed to start dissolving already. The scar seems like it will be non existent. So I snapped a few pics of the scars for you to see as well as a side profile, it appears as though a lot of my swelling has gone down and settled at the base of my belly. there are knots where the swelling is that feel sort of hard looks like that but not pinchable, so I'll have to talk to the doctor about that tomorrow. I had read some things online saying that the water can settle and looks like that but not pinchable, so I'll have to talk to the doctor about that tomorrow. I had read some things online saying that the water can settle and cause fibrosis in the area, I hope that's not the case. I had also read things about getting lymphatic drainage massages to help with this however dr. Ethridge suggested I do not get any lymphatic massages. I'll update you guys on what he says tomorrow. But so far I'm super excited my results, I think my tummy should look smaller. But I know the swelling could last up to 6 months so I'm holding on to that! y'all have any questions or any pictures you need me a snap for you let me know I'll be more than happy to!

Two and a half weeks!

So it has been just under 3 weeks, I started exercising 3 days ago and a lot of the fluid has gone down. I'm not sure if it's due to the exercising, but I'm starting to really love my results. It's nice to know that if this is how I look just 3 weeks out, I still have a ways to go before I reach that 4 to 6 month Mark... so how awesome will I look then? so far I am enjoying the results of this more than my breasts. I'm super excited to see what the future holds. You'll have to excuse the pictures, my husband works out of state and these photos were taken for him. However I thought I would share them with you guys to show you how great I am feeling. I feel sexy for the first time in a long time. Sleeping in lingerie, wearing sexy panties under my clothes. For the longest time I've just felt like a mom, with Mom body, but now I feel young and sexy again!

Oh yea!

forgot to add, I have a six pack again!

almost 4 month update.

So first let me start with the good. I think my body looks great! While my butt isn't exactly what I'd hoped it would be, I am more slender and athletic now. That being said I do believe this is a result from me dieting and exercising versus the fat transfer. My reasoning behind that is I have been dating for the past four months and exercising at least 5 days a week. I have managed to lose 15 pounds since my surgery, and seeing as you should not lose much weight after fat transfer, I am concluding that this is from diet and exercise. The bad, a lot of places that were like oh I still have a lot of fat, and my buttocks has completely gone back to its original shape. I now have the dumpling in the sides of my buttocks that I had before, and my butt is not as full or firm. I mentioned this at the last office visit and dr. E. assured me I was seeing things. I'd like to also add at my initial consultation he told me that having gluteal implants was not a possibility as it is unsafe and doctors do not do it anymore... that being said I have been researching this now for 4 months, not only do many doctors still perform gluteal implants which is what I initially wanted, but MOST doctors still perform this procedure. And having gone to several consultations with these doctors, it is a perfectly safe procedure. This leads me to believe that dr. E. does not do booty implants, but he still wanted my money so he told me that no one else does them either, that makes me feel financially raped. I'm very upset at this.
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Original review was great for dr. Ethridge. He answered all of my questions, and made me feel extremely comfortable. I was very happy to choose him and satisfied with my decision. However, after researching questions I had asked him in our initial consultation I found that he was not completely truthful when I told him what type of surgery I wanted he told me that type of surgery could not be performed. Having found out that it could have been performed. Not super happy about that. Deliver I just recently saw him and he assured me that getting butt implants was not the way to go. He thinks I'm healing great and he doesn't think I've lost all of my bottom. I still feel like it's gone, but he says that I could still be experiencing some swelling which can take away from the size of the butt. So... We will see in a couple of months. I do think he's a really great plastic surgeon and would highly recommend him however, I would recommend doing research before going in just so you have a clear idea what can and can't be done. I'm only giving three stars on answer my questions because even though when I follow up with my concerns he's more than willing to answer them, I didn't really like the fact that I was told that nobody does butt implants anymore when in fact they do.