My BA Diary. I Had Internal Bra Procedure with Donut Masopexy Lift and Implant Exchange with Dr Revis. - Florida, FL

I want to write this review to help women in their...

I want to write this review to help women in their choice of plastic surgeon. I cannot find my before picture on my phone so I will need to wait until I go home to be able to upload it. I had my first BA at 19 and although there was no problems I feel after 4 years they say really low. I went back to my original surgeon and he was just really negative about doing a lift and told me to come back when I was in my 30s and had 2 kids. I'm 24 at the moment so I really didn't want to spend the rest of my 20s no liking my boobs.

I had a donut masopexy lift with internal bra procedure and implant exchange. My original implants were 380cc so Dr Revis said he would either do 375 or 400cc. I am 5'2 and petite so I don't want to have massive boobs.

I found Dr Revis on real self and he has really good reviews. I liked that when I emailed him with my pics and questions he always replies. He is really friendly. His patient coordinators are both lovely. The hospital where I had my surgery "Boward Medical Center" was like a 5 star hotel. All the hospital staff were really nice. I travelled alone from the UK to have this done. I would say if you can to bring someone with you as I have moderate pain and discomfort. I feel the pain killers do help a bit however.

Post op

Had my post op appointment today. Dr Revis went with 400cc as they fitted better. I am quite swollen so when the swelling goes away my implants will drop slightly. I don't feel in as much pain today as I've been taking my medicine. I am finding it difficult to open doors as I can't lift my arms above shoulder level.

Day 2 post op

Not much changes swelling wise but I feel I am not in as much pain and have more movement in my arms. I have been sleeping propped up to help with drainage.

Day 3 post op

I am now day 3 post op. Yesterday I took a pain killer when I woke up (6am) then around lunch time then I never took another one until about 9pm. I am going to try and not take them now as I feel they are making me feel a bit weird! Under my breasts still feels really tight but it has perhaps loosened off slightly. I managed to wash my hair last night which shows I have an improvement in my arm mobility. I would say the swelling has subsided slightly especially in the middle of my breasts. I would say the puckering from the internal bra has also improved which is great as I am still early in recovery.

Hand from IV 3 days post op

Still quite bruised

Day 4 post op

Ok so I never took any pain killers all yesterday and I felt ok. My boobs just feel tight like I have on a tight underwire and have a weird heavy feeling. I'm still taking my antibiotics I think they finish either tonight or tomorrow. Yesterday I walked to the shops and bought food and managed to carry the bag. I sat at the hotel pool yesterday but kept my top half out of the sun. The movement in my arms is much better compared to one day post op. I feel I am recovering quickly. I can't wait to be able to sleep on my side again though! I've been sleeping propped up and I have been using one of the blow up cushions you get for going on a plane around my neck. I would advise anyone having this procedure to get one as it lets you get a better nights sleep.

Hospital

I feel I didn't give an in depth enough review on the day of my surgery. I arrived at Broward medical centre at 5.30am as my surgery was 7.30. The hospital is amazing it is the nicest hospital I have ever seen. Dr Revis came in and drew on me and chatted. He is honestly a really nice genuine man. He really cares. The nursing staff were all really nice to me and made me feel relaxed. I was really worried about being put to sleep as from my first BA I remember I did not like the feeling. The nurse put an anti anxiety med through the IV and I became so relaxed I don't even remember the anesthetic going in! The next thing I woke up in recovery my chest was sore however the nurse gave me some medicine and it eased off. I was given water to hydrate myself and then a while later one of Dr Revis' patient coordinators came and picked me up. She took me back to my hotel and made sure I was comfortable. My advice is to keep on top of the pain meds as I never took them for a few hours and I did end up feeling really sore. For the first two days I kept up with them and by day 3 I didn't need them. By day 3 I felt a lot better in general.

Another reason I really like Dr Revis is when you email him he always replies. I have emailed him a few questions why I have been recovering in the hotel and he has always replies. I do tend to worry about things so it was good to have the extra reassurance from him.

Day 5 post op

I'm travelling home today. I would say I'm feeling better day by day and still not took any pain meds. I'll probably need some help from someone with my luggage at the airport. I'm going to leave it until the weekend before posting again.

10 days post

The swelling and shape is improving. I'm finding it difficult to sleep at night because it's very sore for me to lie on my sides. I still have a level of tightness under my breasts mainly when I try to take in a big deep breath.

4 weeks post

I am still healing but I have the plasters off now.

4 weeks post

I had a bit of nipple irritation I think it may have been from what I was wearing on Saturday night. However I've been using some hydrocortisone on them (told to by dr) and they are starting to feel better and not be as dry. My boobs are so much better than what they were. I just hope when they settle the nipple is sitting slightly higher and I have the upper pole fullness.

6 weeks post op

So I am now 6 weeks post op. I have been back doing light excercise. I only have some pain in the mornings. My dermatitis around the nipples is clearing up nicely too.
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Dr Revis always replies to my emails no matter what kind of question I have. He is very friendly and makes you feel at ease.