Hoping for a Life Change - Fayetteville, AR

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I am 51 years of age. I have had large breasts my...

I am 51 years of age. I have had large breasts my whole life. I know my size isn't considered large to some, but for my frame they are. I am 5' 4.5" tall, weigh 132 lbs, and am small boned. I now wear a 32 DDD. I have been a runner for many years. I have experienced the usual back, shoulder, and neck pain in addition to other widespread pain. I have been on pain therapy medications for a little over a year. It has alleviated all but the pain I feel is resulting from very dense and heavy breasts. As I have gotten older, they have become more bothersome, physically and mentally. I have 2 letters of recommendations from doctors and am hoping it is enough for insurance to pre authorize coverage. I have a consultation with a PS on August 10th. I will update when I have more information. I am very, very modest, but I hope to post some pictures as well. I know pictures have been very helpful for me and feel I should do the same. If I know I will get to have the procedure, I will post some.

A Little Nervous!

Well, tomorrow is my first consult. I am a little nervous and a lot excited at the same time. I hope my insurance will cover my procedure, or I will have to wait till next year. I'm so ready to have this done! Wish me luck!!

On Hold

I have decided to use a surgeon that doesn't accept insurance. He is supposed to be very, very good. I will be waiting until May of 2017 to give me time to save money. It is going to be hard to be so patient, but look forward to when that time comes! In the meantime I will be checking up on progress of those I have read about on here. I will post my story when the time comes.

Super anxious now!!

I go to the ps for my pre-op appointment this week. My surgery is set for next week. I am having the lollipop method of reduction. I am getting a little nervous! Not enough to change my mind, but I am getting ready to physically change my appearance. I would like to hear from others of you that have had this done and what you think of it.

Getting Anxious....

After I went to my first consult back in August and found out that the surgeon I wanted to use doesn't take insurance, I figured it would be a long while before I would be able to have the surgery. Here I am less than a week away from surgery, and I am so excited! I have gotten all my prescriptions filled and am still needing to pick up a few items before next week. I have loved reading everyone's reviews on here. They have been very informative. I plan to share my experience as it happens, and hopefully post some pictures too!

It's Done!

Well, I just had my surgery yesterday. I slept all day and night. This morning I woke up with a bad headache. I know I need to drink water and I will after my coffee fix. I can't wait to see my results. My PS was planning on doing lipo, but he said I didn't need it. I can tell a difference even with the girls wrapped up! I'm so excited! Now I pray for good healing!!!

Early Opinion

I am completely thrilled so far with the results of my procedure. Everyone at the clinic has been wonderful, and so far my ps is living up to my expectations. I am on day 4 PO and everything is good. I have very little swelling or bruising. I had the lollipop procedure done. I'm not sure how long the tape stays on, but I am excited to see my new girls without tape. I have very little pain. I have feels in the left nipple but not in the right yet. My neck pain and shoulder pain has drastically been reduced. This has been the best thing I've done for myself!

Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

I had high expectations for Dr Vanderpool and his staff based on the word of others. Even though it is early in my journey, so far they have all met or exceeded those expectations! I am excited to see the final outcome in the future. I am very happy so far!