Journey to Little Boobies. Evansville, IN

I'm 18 years old and a senior in high school. I've...

I'm 18 years old and a senior in high school. I've had large boobs since I was in elementary school, the final size before my surgery was a DDD left breast and an F right breast. There was a major size difference, almost 300g more in my right than in my left. I am just barely 5'3 and I weighed 180lbs before my surgery. I had my bilateral breast reduction on January 19th of 2015 by the amazing Dr. Ryan Flannagan. I had 751g removed from my right breast and 570g taken out of my left. I am only barely three weeks into recovery but I am already healing at a very fast rate. I still experience sporadic pains and uncomfortablity from time to time and probably will for at least 6 months to a year. I just wanted to let every woman out there know that it does not matter your age and it does not matter what people have to say. Your body belongs to you and you have the power to do whatever you need to to feel comfortable with yourself. I have never been happier and it was hands down the greatest decision I have ever made. I stumbled upon this website and some of the stories I read have really helped me come to grips with what I have to look forward to. They have also helped me answer several questions that I had not previously known the answers to. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me!

Just a Few Worries

It's been 1 month and 3 days since my surgery, my next appointment isn't until March 17th because my doctor said everything looked perfect at my last post-op. I'd been wearing gauze in my bras since the day after my surgery, but I noticed that when I got out of the shower there was a thin layer of a whitish-green slime over my dissolvable stitches. I panicked and asked a friend who had the operation 7 years prior if this was normal, she asked for a picture so I sent one, and she said it looked completely normal and told me to give it about 2 more weeks before I got nervous. Just this past Monday I tried wearing a bra without the gauze and had to rip the fabric out of the incision site. One of the incisions started to bleed semi-heavily and of course I panicked. The greenish layer is no longer slimy, rather it is just hard and dry. There are areas under this that I can still see open flesh and some blood. Should I be nervous or am I just not used to the healing process? I have little to no pain during the day or when I'm sleeping so I'm not sure if it is an infection or not. Help me please :-D

Need a Few Answers

My left breast is healing very nicely, the dissolvable stitches have disappeared completely from what I can see. The dead/dying skin is still there, but a smaller amount, and the incision is probably less than an inch away from being completely closed. The right breast - being the larger of the two - had much more tissue taken out and is swelling more than the left. That is not what worries me, though. I am worried because the incision on my right breast is much wider than the left one. I can see the skin and blood underneath very clearly because it is about 2 inches wide still, if not more. There is little to no dead skin on this side and it looks pretty normal. I haven't seen or felt anything that causes panic of infection that I know of, but this is my first surgery and I'm not sure what that would look like. I keep telling myself it's just taking longer to heal because it was such a big difference in the amount of tissue taken out and that the swelling has something to do with it. I have a check up in about a week, but I would like to know a little more before going in. Can anyone help me or give me some advice?

More Pictures of My Progess

Dr. Ryan Flannagan

Dr. Flannagan was so easy to talk to. Being a younger patient who had never had any type of surgery, I was unaware of so many things but he covered each and every one of them for me. He was completely professional as well as being one of the friendliest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Dr. Flannagan is extremely qualified and he does amazing work. He made me comfortable immediately and was very patient with me. I would recommend him 10/10 times to anyone within driving distance. Outstanding. The nurses were amazing as well; I was waited on hand and foot during my overnight stay. I could not even think of one complaint because my caregivers were comparable to angels.