Sculptra- Not So Worth It - East Peoria, IL

My surgeon suggested that I might be a great...

My surgeon suggested that I might be a great candidate for Scupltra because I am thin and he described my cheeks as "gaunt". Yep, made me feel warm and fuzzy. I read through all of the mixed reviews and had put the procedure off once due to indecision. I didn't like the fact that I had to pay for it up front do to the fact that they have to prepare the solution a day in advance. I wasn't sure I would see the results that they Doc had claimed that I might.
Well, I went in the day of my appt., I had paid two days prior. When I arrived, they whipped out the consent form- It included a series of possible risks, that had not been presented to me prior to that moment. Scaring was the biggest risk. So, here I stood, having already paid and feeling very backed into a corner. I went through with the procedure, which by itself was a fairly easy and simple one. I had a little bit of swelling for a few days and that was all. I did the massage procedure that they had shown me in the office.
Within a week I had a few round pea like areas. These areas would pop up randomly where the injections had been and then within a few days would go down. Right under my left cheekbone though, I developed one that did not go away. It did not appear until well after the injections- say over a month later, and it did not go down. It continued to grow. A soft, moveable and palpable lump that became visible under my cheekbone.
Last week the Doc injected a steroid into it and put it off as a minor complication that was "rare". Hmmm. It has started to go down, but I was warned that it may leave a hollow space where it was. Seriously?
Would I do it again? No
Would I tell others to do it? No
It was expensive and the results are very subjective. I would have been better off with a filler that was injected as opposed to some medium that is supposed to make your collagen "grow".

Dr. Putnam has been my doctor of choice for the past 3 years. I have used him for Botox and Juvaderm injections. He has always been honest and professional. I would certainly feel good about recommending him to a friend. His nurse is awesome, but his front desk girl is somewhat pushy and can be rude if you catch her when she feels rushed or busy.