Heading to Dr. Almonte for TT and Full Lipo - Dominican Republic, DO

I'm excited to be getting this procedure completed...

I'm excited to be getting this procedure completed. I am not interested in a BBL, but a TT and as much lipo as humanly possible. I am 5'9" and 207lbs, size L or 12/14.At my highest weight, I was 282lbs. I had a vertical sleeve done with only minimum weight loss (stopped at 50lbs exactly). I've been back to the yo-yo diets every since. I got by first CBC 3 weeks ago and my hemo was only 11.8. A 12 is required for any procedure and a 13 for more than one procedure so I loaded up on iron, beets and shakes and got it up to 12.8 in about 2 weeks. I still have 3 weeks so I am hoping to be at 14 by the time I arrive in DR. I am staying at New Life and have already been in contact with Massiel via WhatsApp just to introduce myself and find out what to expect. She was very responsive. She also told me no need to bring gloves, chux, cotton, alcohol and tape. That will make my bag a bit lighter. I'm going to do my best to keep my profile updated. My procedure date is July 4, 2016 and I will arrive in DR on July 2, 2016 and return home on July 16, 2016. I read that it is best to arrive at least two days ahead of surgery in order to lesson the risk of a blot clot so I will get there early and walk, walk, walk! I've been to over 20 countries and love to travel so I'm happy to be getting another stamp on my passport AND a new tummy!

Adding some pictures.

Starting from the bottom.

A few of my favorite pictures

These are the pictures that have me thinking I want a BBL.

Getting closer!

Wanted to post a few more pictures I found that I really like. Trying not to set my expectations super high but I would be happy with any of these results!

On the plane now!

Headed to MIA then SDQ right now. Staying at Armonia RH. My procedure is on Monday. Looking forward to getting on the other side of all this. I will post pictures and keep you all updated.

Lesley is busy but thorough

So all I read a few reviews that said Lesley may take a few days to get back to you. This is true! However, I am a total type A personality. I like clear instructions, schedules and clarity. I never go to an appointment with confirming and I like schedules and time tables. Well, forget about this. When Lesley says you are confirmed, it's true. She got you! But I was extremely concerned because I never was told where to meet the driver, who to expect and when. I was mailing her feverishly as I was at the airport in Chicago and then Miami and didn't what I was going to do when I got to SDQ. So I decided I had better book a hotel for the first night since, due to flight delays, I was arriving in SDQ after 10pm. Just as I was walking out the airport however, I saw a guy with a sign with my name on it. I was so relieved! But I was also a bit annoyed because this plan was not communicated to me. Now I know my package included transportation from airport and appointments but it would have been nice to get a confirmation and instructions on what to expect. So he was prepared to take me to the recovery house but I had already booked a non-refundable room at a hotel so asked him to take me there, which he did. No I am waiting for him to pick me up and take me to the office for blood work. I will then check in at the recovery house and then spend the night at the hospital. While Lesley is amazing and obviously extremely organized (she gets hundreds of emails a day), this would have been a much easier transition for me had I receive some instructions on what to do and where to go. I'm not complaining (well, maybe a little), because she had my trip organized but she just didn't tell me. I was so nervous while flying here that I thought maybe I had been scammed and there was not going to be an surgery at all. Now, that may just be me as I always try to prepare for the worst when I don't have all the information. So, please just know while Lesley may not get back to you right away, or at all as in my case, you will have a driver waiting for you with your name on a sign. When I say Neper (the driver) I was so happy I could have kissed him. I decided that tipping him would be more appropriate, however. ????

So I'm off to get my blood drawn. Hope my iron is good! Update you guys later.

One more thing

Bring a nice warm sweater. Yes, it's hot and humid here but everyone has the AC on blast and I hate being cold! I was freezing and starting to get a sore throat and we can't afford to get sick!

Update

A bit of disappointing news. My hemo fell to 12.1 so I am not able to get all the procedures don't that I wanted. To be excluded is the full back lipo and the BBL. I didn't care one way or the other for the BBL as my ass is already large but I really wanted my back to be sculpted. I am getting the TT, full sides and maybe my thighs so I'm happy for that. I'm trying not to be too upset because I think it's great that they will refund your money rather than risk your life and tax your body more than it may be able to take. So, I guess I will be having a round two in January!

Lesley Maria, Dra. Almonte's assistant

And I met Lesley. Not only is she drop dead gorgeous, she is the sweetest person. I love her already!

Leaving today

I'm sad to be leaving today with no surgery. This adventure costs me about $1500 and I didn't even get the chance to sit on the damn beach! I did learn a few things that will help me for my return trip.

1. Get a private nurse that will sit in your room with you for that first night of surgery. The nurses in the hospital are less than engaged and simply do not come to check on you. You have a call button and they may or may not respond but pay attention to where the call button is located. Each room only had one and yours may be too far for you to reach.

2. The devil is alive! You absolutely have to lock up your money and valuable. I've met two women that had cash stollen from them both at the recovery house and at the hospital. Ask ahead of time how much money you need to bring to the hospital to pay for whatever extras they throw at you (and they will). Then only bring that and pay everyone before your surgery.

3. The extras! So you probably already know you will have to pay for the medical insurance. Not a big deal and it makes sense. It's $150 cash. But if you have things like asthma, or other such conditions, you will have to pay for a specialist to evaluate you. And guess what, I paid $150 for my specialist to say I am not healthy enough for surgery. Bitch! All I have is a damn cold and anyone with asthma knows that when you get a cold, fluids sets up in your chest for a few days but then it passes. They were not trying to hear that. I asked if I could wait for 2-3 days but that specialist scared Dr. Almonte so bad she was too concerned to do it. I was so mad and sad I cried like. A baby. But it's God's will.

4. The recovery house gals may give you contradictory information than what you are told by the hospital staff and Lesley. Listen to Lesley and the hospital staff! For example, out RH staff told us not to shower the night before surgery with the hibicleanse anti microbial liquid. Lesley said shower at night and in the morning. Just do it. Never hurts to be extra clean.

5. No one speaks English! But you will have wifi at the hospital and a the recover hour. Download a translation app so that you can ask the nurses what they are doing and what medications they are giving to you. You deserve to know!

I learn this all because I decided to stay with my roommate and take care of her at the hospital last since my flight isn't leaving until today. I'm glad I was here to help her. Please support each other when you can! I'm mate than salty that I didn't get my procedure done but I am glad that I am able to help my Realself sister.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon