Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift (W/ Implants), Liposculpture with DURAN! 1/13/16 - Dominican Republic

I am a wife and mother of two great kids. I am 34...

I am a wife and mother of two great kids. I am 34 y/o, 5'10" and roughly 183lbs.

I am at the point where I want to regain some of what I sacrificed for child birth. I just refuse to get used to my body that way it is, I believe that because I have the ability to change my body and it is something I really want to do, then by all means I should do this for myself. If I couldn't do anything about then I wouldn't waste my time worrying. I have been pondering this set of procedures for over three years. I have been back and forth between surgeons, trying to decide how I can maximize on this experience for the best outcome. I want to have a breast lift with implants, a tummy tuck and liposculpture including butt lift. It's a lot, I know, but I have been mentally preparing for a while now....

How am I arranging this?

Well, I am using the 'surgi-coordinator', Laura Rodriguez who has been timely in responding to my emails. I got a call from Duran today after I made my payment, but I missed it due to work, darn it! Will definitely talk to her before hand though.

I need a recovery house!!! I have been reviewing mannny posts and I am torn. I should be settled on something by the end of this week,

Wish Pics

Feeling Blue :-(

Why when it come to doing something for me it seems like I am being selfish, since when did having kids equate to abandonment of self? I have been thinking about this for years, I wish I could have my husband's support emotionally and financially. Is it fair for me to pay for this by myself, considering we have kids together and I work really hard and have been selfless for 11 years?

I want this so bad for me, just for me.

My Pre-op clothed pics

This is what I'm working with now

More wish pics!!

My booty is a bit big already, so I just want a lift and more roundness. I like the upside down heart. I want a minute waist, OMG, I used to have a small waist, I want that back...

OMG! No word from Duran!

It is virtually impossible to get in touch with Duran. Any tips. I haven't heard from the 'surgicoordinators' since Friday either. This is driving me nuts, I need to be 100% sure I have my date.

Any tips will be appreciated.

Before pics - taken 12/7/15

This is what a have to work with...might lose 5 or ten lbs. Idk yet because I want a but lift.

Plane Ticket - check!

So I booked my flight for 1/10/12 and ordered some supplies on amazon.

Surgery Date Confirmed for January 13, 2016!

Yesss!!! Finally this is going down! I received my stuff from Amazon, but the faja I bought is too small (I could've sworn I ordered a medium), I received a size small. I will have to return that. Not sure if it makes more sense to just buy it in DR when I am fitted by Duran. For sure I will need two fajas.

I also started taking b12, folic acid and iron. I am more mindful of my diet and hope to lose about 10lbs by surgery day, which is 1/16/2016.

Let the count down begin!

So nervous...

Helpful Tips on how to increase Hemoglobin levels

Hey ladies,
We all know how important it is to have a great hemo level before surgery, this is important for many reasons, so I have been researching ways in which I can improve my hemo level and below are some tips that I found helpful and thought to share:

Why is hemoglobin important?
"Hemoglobin is an iron-rich protein present in red blood cells. This protein is responsible for carrying oxygen throughout the body.

"Its main function is to transport oxygen from the lungs to the body’s tissues, so that living cells can perform properly. Hemoglobin also helps carry carbon dioxide away from the cells and transport it back to the lungs."

What is the normal range?
12-16 for women

How to improve hemo level?
Here are the top 10 ways to increase your hemoglobin naturally.

1. Eat Iron-Rich Foods
According to the National Anemia Action Council, iron deficiency is the most common cause of low hemoglobin levels. Iron is an important element in hemoglobin production.

Some good iron-based foods are liver, red meat, shrimp, tofu, spinach, almonds, dates, lentils, fortified breakfast cereals, almonds, oysters and asparagus.
You can also take an iron supplement. Consult your doctor for the correct dosage as high doses of iron can be harmful to your body.
2. Increase Vitamin C Intake
Low hemoglobin levels due to a deficiency of vitamin C can be corrected by eating more foods rich in vitamin C. Iron cannot be fully absorbed by the body without the help of this vitamin.

Eat foods rich in vitamin C like papaya, oranges, lemon, strawberries, bell peppers, broccoli, grapefruit, tomatoes and spinach.
You can also take vitamin C supplements after consulting your doctor.
3. Take Folic Acid
Folic acid, a B-complex vitamin, is required to make red blood cells. So, a folic acid deficiency automatically leads to a low hemoglobin level.

Some good food sources of folic acid are green leafy vegetables, liver, rice, sprouts, dried beans, wheat germ, fortified cereals, peanuts, bananas, broccoli and liver.
You can also take 200 to 400 milligrams of a folate supplement daily after consulting your doctor.
4. Beetroots
Beetroot is highly recommended to increase hemoglobin levels. It is high in iron, folic acid as well as fiber and potassium. Its nutritional value helps increase the body’s red blood cell count.

Cook 1 to 2 beetroots along with their peels in a microwave or roast them on the stove. Allow them to cool and peel them before eating.
You can prepare a healthy juice with 1 medium-sized beetroot, 3 carrots and 1/2 of a sweet potato. Drink it once daily.
5. Apples
An apple a day can help maintain a normal hemoglobin level. Apples are rich in iron along with various other health-friendly components that are required for a healthy hemoglobin count.

Eat at least 1 apple (if possible, opt for green apples) with its skin daily.
You can also prepare a glass of juice by mixing 1/2 cup each of apple juice and beetroot juice. Add a little ginger or lemon juice and drink it twice daily.
6. Blackstrap Molasses
A folk remedy used to fight anemia and increase your hemoglobin level is blackstrap molasses. Blackstrap molasses contains iron, folate and many B vitamins that can help increase red blood cell production efficiently.

Mix 2 teaspoons each of blackstrap molasses and apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of water.
Drink this once daily.

(info courtesy ofhttp://www.top10homeremedies.com/how-to/increase-hemoglobin-level.html)

I am exactly one month away from surgery and have started trying some of the recipes for healthy smoothies. Today I tried the sweet potato, beets and carrot smooth y...it was so good. I didn't know what to expect, but I am so pleased with its taste and nutritious value that I think I might have at least one daily.

Recovery House Planning

I have been in touch with High Class Recovery and Sea Lily via whatapp, but it seems the prices will turn out to be the same (or very close), roughly $1200 for 13 nights. I don't know who I will choose as yet, but will decide by this weekend. Gosh I was hoping to get a more reasonable price. Any thoughts?

More wish pics (Deelishis

NYC Massages

I got this info from kbeautyxo's page...thx doll! I will be reaching out to set up my massages when I return.

" Ladies if you are in the NYC area I would highly recommend her. She's located in Washington Heights 181st and Audubon her name is Clari and she has her private massage spa downstairs in a salon called Sugar Wax Center.. She only works by appointments so you can reach her at (646) 460-9940... Her packages run from $400 for 10 sessions ONLY UNTIL JUNE 25!!! So hurry and book your package now (that's only if you've already had surgery, you can not book in advance if your surgery is after June 25) she's really amazing I love her positive attitude & her hands are magical, had me so relaxed.. Good luck & Happy healing!"

If anyone has more info on NYC massages please let me know.

Hair Do for Trip to DR

I want to make sure I have as little as possible to worry about, my hair being one thing. So I thought to braid my hair like this for the trip; it's out of sight and all I have to do is keep it covered at night so it remains neat for two weeks. My hair is natural now.

Lab Results :-(

I found out that my hemoglobin is 11.9...I'm so disappointed. Guess I need to go harder on the juicing and iron tabs. I am hoping to be at least 13 by my surgery date, in roughly three weeks.

Counting Down to the Big Day!!!

My supplies have been rolling in from Amazon, So far I have
Iodine swabs
surgical steri strips
arnica gel
ABD pads (absorbant pads)
8X11 lipo foam pads
Maxi pads
4X4 gauze
antiembolism stocking
knee high socks (I heard many ppl complain of freezing when they get out of sx)
waist trainer
bromelain pills
Ibuprofen (600 mg pills) (these are NSAIDs and helps with inflammation as well as pain - my PCP gave me prescription for this)
Maxi dresses

As for my pre-op diet, I have not been 100% great with that, but I am taking my iron and B vitamins. I don't really see the purpose of the extra vitamin C tablets because I take my iron twice daily with a full glass of OJ (which has 100% daily vit. C needed). Also, from what I have read, vitamin C is water soluble and does not get stored in the body, therefore if you take an excessive amount it doesn't really do much, because your body does not keep the extras for a rainy day. I think taking enough daily is good.

OMG! this is really going down! I read a few bad reviews re Duran and I was a little put off, but with all surgery there are risks and her's (from what I saw so far) are minimal.

more on juicing

My breakfast concoction. Handful of fresh spinach leaves, broccoli, sliced apples and a cup of OJ blended and strained.

Shave or Wax?

Well, this is probably too much for some folks, but I need to ask. I have never waxed 'down there', I always shave or use Veet. However, I am wondering if it's better to shave or wax, I want to be cleannn for surgery. Any thoughts? Vets?

11 days to go!!!

I went shopping in the dollar store, got some cheap cotton panties that I can dispose of, 'wife beaters' (hate this name, but that's what we call them), plastic curtain liners for the bed to act as a barrier between the mattress and leakage, toothbrush holder.

OMG all I can think about is this procedure, I am consumed by it.

Tips I learned along the way so far

Since I have never been hospitalized, except for childbirth, which were normal (vaginal), I am super nervous about being put to sleep and having this procedure. I am ready, I know I am, I really just want to be over with it, the anticipation is uggghh...ok...moving along.

I have been ready tips from other ladies who have had surgery and I found something really helpful. This doll said she kept fainting, so she drank gatorade with a little salt for her fluid/electrolytes balance, which is totally thrown off from having surgery. I thought this was an awesome idea, note taken.

In other news, I am drinking non-fortified OJ with my concoctions, like blending apple, kale and OJ or spinach/carrots/apples. Calcium blocks (lowers) the absorption of iron, so make sure you don't drink the calcium fortified OJ with your iron pills or green blends. The best way to take iron is with vitamin C pills or like I do, with OJ (w/o calcium). I also drink blackstrapp molasses at night with water, then trace with OJ (it's gross but I want the iron baddd).

Hemoglobin went up!

I was a bit worried about my hemoglobin, which was 11.9 on 12/23, now it's 12.9...yaaay! I am thrilled. I have roughly one more week before surgery, so I will definitely stay on top of my juicing, black strap molasses and iron tab. My period just finished, so I should be over 13 by my surgery date.

I was afraid to take two iron pills per day because I know iron can be toxic and harm the liver, etc, etc...so I resorted to one iron pill a day along with sources of natural iron.

How much weight to gain for BBL

Hi Vets,
I was wondering how much weight is typically gained (above your ideal weight) for a BBL. I am about 10 lbs over my ideal weight and though I can't do much about losing weight now. I want to be SNATCHED in the waist, I hope I can still get that.

How much weight did y'all gain?

Side note: My sister in law is going with me. I was initially going alone, but my family was worried as heck. So now they can rest a little better, because someone will be there with me the whole time.

in DR at Sealily

I arrived in DR at about 6am today, Christina was already waiting for me. Ride to recovery house went smoothly. Here are a few pic. I see Duran tmrw for consultation.

updating you on my phone from DR

Plz excuse the typos, when replying to a comment, I cannot see what I am typing until I post it. For some reason, the txtbox is not formatted correctly.

in other news, I see Duran tmrw for blood wrk/consultation.

At Cipla Today

!So I am doing my blood work and ekg today. I came at 10:00am paid the $220 and is waiting until 12:45 for ekg. I saw Dra Duran! She looks a little older, but still beautiful. I also saw a Cabral doll leaving. Overall, the facility is clean and professional. I met Fani, Duran's assistant.

more sea lily pics

I thought I uploaded all the pics before. Guess not, here u go.

hello from the other sideeeee....lol

Had my sx about 4pm yesterday. I am back at the RH since about 10am. Here are some pics from today. I am clothed, but trust me when I say that my waist is so snatched that I feel like I am wearing a compression garment and am not. Mo faja until Monday when I go for f/u.

pics not uploading. ..ughhh

Idk whats wrong, my pics not uploading.

trying again...

I took these today.

trying to upload pics...

I cant seem to upload pics from my phone...omg! I am still not able to wear a faja until Duran sees me on Monday, but the swelling is not bad st all. I am draining like a broken faucet. Lol...which is good. So my swelling remains minimal. I wanted to upload pics but its not working again...will try again later.

full reviews are coming...

Hi ladies, I know you want to know all about the surgery, recovery and all... promise to give a detailed review when I get back to the US next Sunday. For now I will give short updates with pics.

I did not take any pain meds today...

And you know what....I am just fine. Thank God for making this a bearable process. I feel lucky, because I have read many stories that make u dread the pain. When needed, I take one extra strength motrin a day for pain (600 mg).

pics pics....

Tmrw will be a week since my surgery. I am feeling ok...no pain meds in three days. Yay! Just having to deal with swelling and tightening of my faja. Ughh...oh its tight.

One week PO boobs

helppp... swelling, oh boy...

I have a lotttt on swelling around my but and thighs...ughh...my ankles too. I had lipo on my outer thighs and a mini bbl (insert little fat under lower but cheeks).

I am taking bromelain pills for swelling, I am nervous about lasix.

Any suggestions vets?

What Procedures I had done

Tummy tuck with musc repair
Breast lift with implants (silicone)
Mini butt lift (little fat under lower butt cheek s)
Fat reduction in hips/outer thighs
Lipo on torso

full front and back pics

Boobs look a little weird from this angle, but u get a better view of the incision. Plz excuse my huge hideous tat in the back. ..college day of boredom and poor choice

pics taken today

Coming along...pics b4 my massage today.

made it back to NY in one piece today

Thank God! My scheduled flight was canceled, but I was able to get on a flight last minute.

Sea Lily Recovery House Review

Hello ladies, As promised I am about to give you an overview of my experience at Sea Lily RH. When I arrived on January 11th, I was met by the owner (Christina) and her son (David). Christina doesn't speak much English, but her son was able to. They had a nice name plate waiting for me at the airport and it wasn't long before we spotted each other. I has sent them a pic of me before I boarded the plane, so they knew exactly who to look for. The recovery house is about 15 minutes from the airport. When I got to the RH, I was not happy. It was about 6AM when I arrived the house was dim, there was no hot water and i was just put off. Despite telling them I was leaving, the folks there were very nice. I went to Wendy's High Class RH and from the get go she and her drive meant business, rushing me to decide if am going to stay and wanting payment. The place was not bad, but I didn't like it because the sheets looks like they had been slept on. Overall the place looked nice, but I couldn't get over the sheets and small rooms, so I went back to Sea Lily. At Sea Lily, there was a translator, I cook, laundry lady, nurse and message therapist. The place was clean and well staged. I continued to have hot water issues, a big turn off...but I stayed because after sx I couldn't shower, so the hot water did not affect me that much. Also, a nurse slept in my room with me every night post op, that was a big PLUS..she helped me to get up to pee, emptied my drains and sometimes cleaned me up before she left in the morning. During the day Christina gave me my massages and cared for me (her son David is a med student and helps out too). Overall, my stay there was good, the staff is very pleasant and really try to meet your every need. However, I think they need to improve in the clinical aspect of post op care, I mentioned this to Christina and they are already working to improve this. They have also upgraded their wifi, which is now accessible throughout the house. I think they are really trying to be better.

My Experience with Duran/Cipla

I went to Cipla to do my labs the day after I arrived, Tuesday. I was scheduled to arrive for surgery on Wednesday at 6AM. I arrived on time for surgery and noticed there was one other lady there scheduled to have surgery as well, she went first. I did not go into the OR until 4PM that day, I was not happy...but I told myself to let it go and stay positive. After getting marked up in the morning, I was sent to the 2nd floor to be placed in my room. That process took forever, I did not get my room until about 2PM, then I waited and waited. The owner of the RH waited with me for the most part, but she had to leave around noon, I understood.

Finally a nurse came into my room and gave me my gown and the infamous blue pill. I changed into my gown and waited for the 'go-ahead' to take the blue pill, around 4PM. I took the pill and was wheeled down on a stretcher to the lower level where the OR is located. As my transporter pushed me through the double doors into the OR, my eyes were all over the place, I even saw Dr Cabral and recognized him right away. He smiled as I greeted him. Next thing I know I am in the OR and IV is getting started, Duran was there and the team was getting ready. The nurse inserted something in my IV that burned, I started talking to her and showed her a pic of what I did and did not want; she smiled and showed it to Duran, who also smiled and reassured me that everything will be ok. the rest is history....

I woke up at about 7PM in my room, where my personal nurse from the RH was laying on the couch. She asked me if I was ok and if I needed anything. I wasn't in a lot of pain, but I was really uncomfortable and wanted to get off my back so bad. Ughhh, I was draining everywhere. I barely slept through the night and couldn't wait to leave. I was shaking from the anesthesia, but I wasn't cold...by the next day I had stopped shaking.

Duran came in the morning to check on me and give me instructions for my medications. My nurse took me to the RH where I had a private room. I slept on the recliner. I was draining a lot so she emptied my drain and changed my pads. From that point I was ok, I followed up with Duran 4 days later and then one week post op to remove the drains, She was very pleasant and down to earth, no nonsense kinda gal. I liked how she personalized my care and did what we thought best suited my body. I am pleased with her work. She didn't rush me, in fact, she only did two surgeries that day.

Waist Measurement...

So my waist is now 31"...it was about 33" before surgery. I am very swollen, but I was hoping to have a much smaller waist. I know its early, but I am having one of those moments. I have fluid in my lower abd and my back is crazy swollen...ughh

Two Weeks Post Op

I am neither excited nor sad, I just feel bland today. My ankles are super swollen, my lower abd and back also. I can't do much for myself at home because I can't bend, stretch, drive, dress myself, wash myself, pick up stuff off the floor, reach for stuff in the cupboard, etc... I was expecting my waist to be much smaller and I still can't walk 100% upright with my garment on.

Ladies, surgery is just the beginning of another journey, you will NEED help, especially if you are having multiple procedures done, like I did. I knew I would, but the reality of it is like woah. Thankfully my husband and relatives are chipping in.

I hope I have a much more exciting update next time. Maybe I should just do weekly updates. We'll see.

My Questions for Duran about follow up care

So I have been concerned about my swelling, and care of my incisions, etc. I emailed Dr Duran my questions and she responded a few days later. Here are my questions and her response, just in case you ladies might have similar concerns.

"Hello Dra Duran,

I have a few questions for you.

I had surgery with you on January 13, 2016. I had a tummy tuck with muscle repair, breast lift with implants and liposculpture.

Could you please answer the following questions for me.

(1) I am having a lot of swelling in my lower back and legs, although I wear my compression sock daily. What do you suggest for the swelling in my legs?

(2) I have a little fluid in my lower abdomen, do I need to get that drained? Or will it reabsorb over time?

(3)How often do I need to change the level of my compression garment, I am now wearing a large, on the second hook. How soon do I need to make it tighter?

(4) Can I sleep on my side now? I have been sleeping on my back.

(5) You said I should remove the tape two weeks post op, and use the powder; should I reapply any tape or just leave the incision site open and use only the powder?

(6) How soon can I start to use the silicone strips for my incision scars?

(7) how soon can I start massaging my breasts?

Swelling Is normal at this time, compression stocking are necessary during The first 3 Or 4 weeks if You are not active and walking as normal, fluid need To be drained if It Is a lot because a little your body can absorb but a lot not; The garment need To be more more tight, massaje in breast i never use To do it and I hope You dont do.
Sleep in one side no no no for 3 weeks.
After remove my tape dont cover again, let it free untill it Is close and complete Healing
Start use The silicone after 2 months

*Review update edited by member request 2/4/16*

Faja Downsizing

My current faja is a large, it has three rows of hooks, I am down to the third row (the tightest compression). I know I need a medium at least by this Wednesday or Thursday, I don't want to buy another, I have three large fajas now. I want to adjust the sides. I am going to try sewing the sides on one and see how it goes.

Interesting note, I paid for two fajas from Duran. IDK why she gave me two large, I would think a large and a medium would make sense. Then again, I noticed the the second faja is double layered (unlike the first) and feels tighter than the first, although they are the same size. hmm...oh well let me see if I can fix this thing to fit tighter.

Which items I actually used in DR

Okay I read a lot of threads with lists of items needed while in DR. My biggest fear was infection, so I though of all the ways I needed to protect myself. I insisted that my care givers wear gloves.

These are the items I found most useful:
-Maxi pads ( the thick long ones) ---bring at least 2 large packs
-Chuck pads
-Shower curtain liner (I drained a lot the 1st couple days and the liner protected the recliner I slept on)
-Neck pillow (like the one you use on the plane)
-Anti-embolism socks
-Night gown that opens in the front
-Female urinal (so helpful)
-Baby wipes
-Large cotton panties
-Wife beaters
-Maxi dresses
-Iodine swabs (to clean drain sites)
-Chlorox wipes (must have)
-Gloves (Absolutely)
-Hand sanitizer (one bottle is fine)
-Stool softener (must must must have)
-Iron pills, multivitamins ( you need both, in my opinion)
-Ensure (you can buy them in DR, I did)

Wish I brought:
-squirt bottle, like the ones they give new mothers to wash their vagina. I prefer washing it, instead of just wiping. Remember you can't shower for a while. I still haven't had a shower...but I wash my bottom half and wipe the top. OMG, especially when you have your period, gotta wash....

DO NOT get your dressing wet.
DO NOT let them put any ointment over your dressing, it will only make if come off quicker and you don't want that.

tapes are off

I removed the tapes 15 days post op. My incision sites are pretty much closed. I now clean the sites with normal saline, dry it very well and apply a powder Duran prescribed.

I was quite surprised at this, here are my measurements with my faja/surgical bra on.
Bust 39.5"
Waist 30"
Hips/butt 48"

Girls I have curves for days, lol...

I have some swelling in my lower back and the upper part of my butt that was lipo'd, so I expect my waist to become even smaller, esp when I start waist training. I shaved off some of my hips and added just a little fat to the bottom of my butt, so I guess the increase in my hips is from the butt addition. Prior to sx, my hips/butt were about 45"

So I have 3 large fajas, they all fit differently, they are different brands. I mainly wear the 2nd stage one the Duran gave me. That one doesn't feel as tight anymore, so I ordered a medium. In the mean time I sewed the torso portion of the two fajas from Duran about two inches smaller and have been wearing those now. Because of my waist/hip proportion, I find that a smaller faja squeeze the hell out of my hips/thighs, but do not give me enough compression on my waist. I think it's actually better that I sew the waist portion smaller in the large faja. I ordered the medium anyway, will see how that fits, since its a different brand. Now that I have sewed in the 1st and 2nd stage fajas from Duran, I get better compression on my waist.

I never thought I would say this, but I feel more comfy with the faja on. I wear it about 22 hours daily, only take it off to wash up and for my massages. I have two so I alternate when I have to wash it.

pics w/ faja

U can see in the front where I sewed it in. This is the stage 1 faja that I adjusted.

I don't like my side profile...

Due to the swelling in my back, I look thick from the side, like my waist doesn't look that small. :-(
This is me last year before surgery, well I was 10lbs lighter...but you see my back was ok, I sorta had that dip...lol.

I plan to lose about 10lbs after I heal...maybe I will during the process anyway.

What does your confirmation for Sx with Duran look like?

So when I made my down payment via the surgicoordinator, I received this email/calendar confirmation of the date with Duran. Here is a screen shot of it. As you will see, the heading has the cost as well.

Duran confirmation

Third Try...

Obsessed with measurements

Hey ladies, My main request for Duran was a small waist and I have been watching my measurement like crazy. My waist was 28.5" this evening! So happy to see progress. My energy is also improving, I have to remind myself that my body is still healing and I can't do certain things. However, being a mom, I gotta do what I gotta do - I' so thankful my husband is really there to help me with everything. This man works crazy hours, but he irons the clothes, does laundry, food shopping, helps me to clean...I mean this guys still turns around and helps me to wash up and then get this faja on. I appreciate him so much! I gotta do it u for Valentine's Day ;-). Another great thing, the pocket of fluid at the bottom of my abdomen is getting much smaller, I did a profession massage session on Saturday and I think that really helped. The lady did light therapy, then ultra sound, then hand massage...it was awesome! Will do that again this week. Thank you all for your kind words and for reading all this rambling... :-)

What to look for when buying a faja

As I mentioned, I manually sewed in my large faja to get more compression. I also ordered a medium colombian faja from ebay for $80+, which came a few days ago. Unfortunately, the medium faja does not feel as tight as the one I currently use (the new one squeezes the hell outa my legs), mainly because the material is too stretchy. When I checked the details of the fabric, I soon realized why, it has less nylon than the one Duran gave me and more spandex/elastic. Ughhh. I wore it anyway, but I plan to sew it in as well, I can't afford another one so soon.

So ladies, the faja Duran gave me has very good compression and the opening allows for a #1 and #2. Make sure your faja has at least 80% nylon and no more that 16-20% elastic. The exact make up of the garment from Duran is 84% nylon and 15-16% elastic for the outer and inner layers. The nylon is what gives you that good compression, because it doesn't really stretch.

Hope this helps.

Here I am now, hoping for continued progress. I am happy with my results so far.

just boobs

Determined to get a smaller waist

Hey ladies,
I started wearing my waist cincher today. I plan to wear it over my compression garment for now, only during the day. I wont sleep in it. So far it feels ok, my skin feels fine. I have been reading other RS blogs of girls who had like a 36" waist and went down to 26. Others have seen at least a 5" difference in their waist. I need that. I am at 28.5" at the smallest part of my waist now. Even 2" less would be great. Plz lmk if u have any ideas on shrinking my waist. Also, my abd is hard, there is little to no fat there, my back doesn't get as much compression and is still swollen.

one month PO and waist training

This corset is not very tight, there is mesh between the bones so it stretches. I ordered the Ann Cherry latex cincher, I should have it to wear by next Monday.

Body types I admire...

Hips and little waist...#bad, #mygoal

Do you celebrate this day? I do. My husband never liked to, but he does get me a little something on VD. Girls, he has been super sweet since I got back, like wow. We've known each other since high school, started dating in college, 2000, and you know after a while the fire is not as hot, esp after kids and such. Now I am feeling like I did early on in our relationship, you know that honey moon phase.

#feeling good.

booty shots from yesterday

These didn't upload

Almost 5 Weeks PO! How do I get around?

Hey Ladies,
I still have not returned to work. At this point in my recovery, I still avoid bending as much as possible, when I do, I bend at my knees (squat). I am able to get in and out of bed by myself. I sleep at about a 40 degree angle, on about 5 pillows and my boppy. I do sleep slightly on my side at times with the boppy between my legs. When getting out of bed I roll on my side and then roll off the bed. I avoid using my ab and arms as much as possible. I cannot put on my faja, my husband does it everyday. I wear it for at least 23 hours everyday.

I just started taking a shower, mainly because I have an opening on both breasts, small ones at the intersection of the circle and the line incisions. I want to avoid getting my boobs wet until they are full healed. Duran gave me an antimicrobial wash and I use that on my boobs only and wash with my hands, I use regular soap on the rest of my body. Afterwards I clean my boobs with normal saline and then blow dry them before putting the power and a gauze pad to cover. All my other incisions have healed.

I have a family, so I have to clean and cook. Again, I don't lift anything heavy, I use my oven a lot to avoid using my arms (to turn, stir, etc). I try to keep my arms at my side when doing most things. I do not pack away the pots and plates, I ask for help with that. When I do the dishes, I use my fingers to scrub instead of my arms, to avoid using my pectoral musc. I try not to cut anything, like raw meat. My husband does laundry and grocery shopping. I have not started folding clothes yet, he does that. Well, I have some to do today...lol.

Girls, I use my feet and scotchbrite to scrub my tub and I spray to bathroom cleaner on the walls and let that soak, then I barely rub the walls. Shew, I find a way...lol

I have not driven since sx, I may do it at 6 weeks. I really don't wonna mess up my results, but I have to work soon and ppl can't help me all the time.

At first my mom would help but I don't like to bother her too much, so I get creative.

waist training stuff

Girls, u know my obsession with a smaller waist. So I have been doing what I can to make it happen. I bout a waist cincher, a wsist trainer and is now using a scarf around my waist. I got the scarf trick from a fellow RS doll. My measurement with garment now is 39" @ bust, 29" right below bust, 28" @ waist, 48" @ hips.

booty pics

Sorry about the mirror.

Compression garment issues

I received my XS faja and needless to say it was not match for this booty, ughhh. I have three fajas, but only my adjusted stage two has been working for me, but time is taking a toll on it. I also have a faja that doesn't cover the legs, it's cut like a panty, that one is small, it has great compression on my waist, but again the butt and leg part is unbearable, it digs into my vag and legs. I don't want to have to buy another faja, but it looks like I have to get a medium and sew in the torso portion to fit my waist.

Almost 6 wks PO.....Pics

My boobs are giving me a little trouble, but am still happy with my results. I am better than where I was.

Now I am very concerned!!!

Remember I told you that I have trouble with my boobs, well it seems to be getting worse. Ughhhh

From 33" to 27" Baby!

Ya'll know I am obsessed with a small waist, so I have been checking. This morning I checked and voila one inch less. This is TMI, but oh well...My period started on Friday, so instead of wearing the faja, I have been wearing the corset and the cincher. I slept in the corset on Friday for the first time, a little uncomfortable, but I loosened it and I was fine. Saturday I wore the corset all day and tried to sleep in my cincher, I could not, so I put on the corset. Now I realize that it's better to wear the cincher during the day and the corset at night, this will be my routine - cincher in the day and corset at night. Training and cinching baby!

My problem with faja is that because of my hips, I cannot seem to find a faja that will give me the compression I need on my waist without cutting off circulation in my legs. Now I don't have to worry about my legs and I get all the compression I need on my waist/torso.

My boobs have not healed but seem to be improving little by little. My small opening in my TT area is almost closed. I have good days and bad days still, but I am happy with my results!

Loving my new body despite the little issues. Can't wait to go shopping. As for my boobs, one is almost completely healed...the other is healing.

update on boobs

Thank God! Progress is being made. My right boob has healed. The left is on its way. #lovemyboobs

out n about today

Quick pic of me running around... 8 wks PO.

my waist training update

Now that I am 8 wks PO I have been sleeping in my faja and wearing my corset during the day. I basically wear each for 10-12 hours daily. As for my waist cincher, I plan to wear that when I exercise. I will begin fast walking for about 4 miles this wknd. I want to shed about 10lbs too. Right now my waist has gotten to 26.5" but only when I wear the corset.
I feel like I have lost the little fat that was added to my booty, but it's ok. Maybe I will fluff? I am good with what I have either way.

oh, side note... went out with my hubby to lunch and the attention was crazy. I mean, lol, guys love a small waist n some booty.

first day of exercise

I walked about 4 miles today. I wore my waist cincher during that time. It makes u sweat. Snapped a few pics after my return.

I wore a long sweater over this. look kinda big tho. idk. ..

Update on Boobs, etc...

My boobs have healed and I can finally shower with no issues. My waist is 26.5 at its best in the am. I sleep in my compression garment and wear my corset during the day. I have started a new job and I wear my corset under my clothes to work. I am driving more, but I am still mindful of what I do with my arms. I am trying to watch my diet and make sure I don't gain any weight. I hope to go out soon, I haven't really got dressed up and hit the club in over 6 months.

Overall, I am doing ok. I notice that I get really bloated if I keep off my faja or corset for a few hours. My waist can go from 26.5 to 28" if I don't wear my garments. I don't like that too much.

Pics to come soon.

few pics

Here I am now.

updated pics

Me today. Feel like I need to lose 10 lbs.

Update, Job, Life...after surgery

I am getting back in work mode. I have not gone out (except for the movies/dinner) since surgery, so I haven't really played dress up and such. I really like my new body, although sometimes I feel like "what the heck, it should be better...". My waist is stuck at 27", but if I don't compress, I get bloated back to 28", ugghhh. My monthly should come any day now and I feel like a stuffed sausage. I gained a few pounds I think, when I returned from DR I was 192, then 2 wks later I was 188, then a week ago I am 192lbs...IDK...*sighs* I want to lose 10lbs, so I am being more careful of what I eat. I don't exercise I much as I should, another thing I need to work on. I feel like there is still some fluid in my lower abdomen, esp if I take off my garment for like 2 hours, I get a little pouch in my lower abdomen. ughh.

My jeans don't fit, except for 2. I love wearing dresses and skirts, those fit perfectly. I want to go shopping!!! I need to get it together and enjoy the new me!

Hey ladies,
I am pretty much back to normal, but I still sleep in my faja and wear my steel boned corset to work daily. Without compression I still swell up in my abdominal area. On my best days my waist is 26", 28 when am swollen. My hips are still 48". I went clubbing for the first time in 6 months, it was great!

bought a new dress

4 months PO

I still sleep in my faja and wear my waist trainer daily. Hips still 48", waist 26.5". I have some issues, but with my regimen am ok.

Me yesterday, oh boy....

Just be ready for wanted & unwanted attention.

Hello ladies, it seems that post sx some of us get hooked on booty greed, boobs, etc. I am stuck on my waist. I seriously think about it all the time, I want it smaller and smaller. On my best days I am 26.5" waist and 48" hips still. I wear a medium latex waist cincher at times, a small steel boned corset or my compression garment...I am ALWAYS compressing/shaping. My usual routine is wearing the corset during the day and sleeping in my compression garment, except when I'm on my period. Since surgery I had naked sex ONCE, other times I am in compression garment or corset. LOL...that's bad. I wear my surgical bra a lot too, always to sleep, never slept without it. I feel weird about my boobs being touched because the left one has that fragile spot, IDK, I'm just nervous about the boobs being touched or squeezed. I NEED TO TONE MY BODY, seriously. I need definition in legs and arms, but work is so stressful, by the time I get home and attend to my kids, it's time for more work, then bed.

this morning

Pic update

few more pics

6 months later

Still loving my results. You can follow me on instagram @ yardybarby!

few more pics

almost 7 months P O

Loving the new me...flaws & all
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

I was able to reserve a date with Duran via a surgicoordinator. My experience with Duran has been pleasant and professional. After my surgery I saw her twice for follow up and although our time spent together was brief, she made me feel secure in her competence and vision. I got what I wanted and I am happy. My only issue is that it was so difficult to get a hold of Duran, but hey, she is in high demand and very busy. However, I think as a post-op patient it would have been nice to get a more timely response from her when I had issues. Nevertheless, I thought she was great!