33 Year Old F, 2 Kids, 5'3 140lbs, Diastasis with Minimal Lose Skin

Hi guys and gals! I'm no stranger to plastic...

Hi guys and gals! I'm no stranger to plastic surgery as I have had surgery in the past. I had breast augmentation in 2007 and had saline implants prior to having my two children. I now have a 5 year old and a 6 month old and I'll be completely honest! I absolutely adore my kids but I loath what pregnancy has done to my body. I have severe recti diastasis that is at least 10 cm vertically and 3-4cm horizontally. I have no stretch marks and minimal skin to stretch. I just have a bulge and a belly button that produces (looks like I have 3 nipples Lol) Im looking into medical tourism to get the most bang for my buck.

I'm hoping to go to the Dominican republic and possibly Cuba. I have been in correspondence with a few drs in DR and a Cuban medical representative in Canada.

Looking forward to sharing my journey with you all! Including my new tummy and breast augmentation

Dr Mallol in the DR

I just sent a deposit to dr. Mallol in DR.

There is a 15% tax with the rate when you deposit through surgicoordinator. Good thing about the deposit process is that its done through PayPal. So no bank walk ins... You have the transaction recorded on your PayPal account and on your banking online account.

I'm deciding on whether on not I want to replace my saline implants. My son is refusing wean (yes I am breast feeding) and I will have to stop if I plan on lifting or plumping anything up. But I have no intention of doing so if he's not ready.

Diastasis

I need to take a pic with me flexing so you guys can see the bulge at the center of my abdomin. See minimal skin! I could live with that... But my tummy has grown from a 25 inch to a 31 inch from diastasis.

Confirmation

I land may 2nd and im scheduled for may 3rd.

I've been purchasing things for my trip! I have to pack lightly due to my scheduled tt. I've had a c section in the past so I have some experience with sore abdominals.
I'm only bringing a carry on and I'm more than likely going to opt for while chair service on the way home.

I'm loathing the connecting flight back to canada. But I'm prepped! I have my pain meds locked and ready to go. I'm gonna purchase some gravol as well.

Looking into purchasing some compression garments but I'm not sure of what faja or 3 panel abdomenal binders are suitable.

Diastasis Recti

The reason for my surgery

Internal organs pushing the stretched muscle. Can't wait for the return of my glorious abs! As u can see, I'm pretty lean and I exercise. But no matter what I do, after eating I get an instant pooch. Look damn near 4 months pregnant. My 6 year old tells me I look pregnant all the time. Kids are devilishy brutally honest.

Gotta love em!

Recti Diastasis

I was browsing on various procedures on google when I stumbled upon Real Self.  I'm no newbie to plastic surgery.  I had Breast Augmentation in 2007 and these puppies have been through hell and back with breast feeding and the stretch and pull of 2 pregnancies.   Now I have a case of Diastasis which is a fancy word for separated muscles post child birth that can be attributed to the ever growing girth of my ballooning abdomen.  Thank you polyhydroamnios!  Love the offspring, but damn you tummy!  I've got a case of a serious outtie and a pooch that is somewhat flat before I eat, but transforms into a four month gestation belly after I consume...mini particles of food.   Cute aint it?   Imagine working out rigorously and reaching your goal weight, nope image being super toned and at optimum fitness level, lean like some grain feed poultry and *gasp* right between what you believe are abs is a ridiculous space that tents when you move from a laying position or when you flex.    Gosh I'm so over you recti diastasis.  <br /><br />So I've decided to seek talents across the atlantic.  Found a former island by the name of Hispanola and made contact with the staff of Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.  Who I've managed to stalk his patients on here endlessly and even referred a girlfriend's girlfriend to test out his work, and I must say that I am utterly pleased.<br /><br />Only issue I have, is the communication.  Like these people who answer his whatsapp and emails are thee absolute worst.  But I've heard great reviews otherwise.   Looking forward to sharing my journey with you which is in less than 50 days.

Sea Lily Recovery House

So I got my confirmation for my RH. I chose Sea Lily. I like the reviews and the pictures. There are not a lot, but the pictures sold me. I hear the food is super good! Anyone who knows me knows that I love a good meal. So +++

One of my bffs is coming down with me. We're both getting a well deserved mommy makeover on the same day (high 5).

I'm getting liposculpture as well as some new breast implants. I found my implant card from 2007. I currently have 325cc saline filled implants. I'm a large c small d. But I have saggin skin *breast feeding yippie* and I'm looking to have a breast lift. Can we say "backless for the summer"??? That's body goals! No bra... nipples out loll hoping I can trade my 325 for 350 or 400cc gummies. Not too big! I can't deal with larger breast as i train regularly and i dont like restrictions. They are heavy and ache the back and look bad after years of wear and tear.

I'm just bringing a carry on for my trip. I always travel like that. The way home i may check my bag if it's too difficult.

I also called my airline and requested wheelchair service. I have also chosen my seats for my return home. I am a window seat kinda girl. But on my way home I'm choosing the isle and I'll be in the priority seating of the cabin so I can be brought on first and get access to the bathrooms.

What else? Oh yes I bought an additional faja a few sports bras. I have a bunch of medical sterile supplies like gloves, hand sanitizers, sterile gauze, saline and some of the many things on the list sent to my email.

Wish pics

Just posting some wish pis for my breast revision and tt.

Visualization is key!

30 more days

I have one more month before my surgery. I've continued working out as I am a firm believer of fitness and it's benefits. Two things that really have me anxious over us post operative pain and the fact that I've got to sit out for 6 weeks and not lift any weights. I've stopped taking multivitamins and the other medications and possible herbal teas that's are suggested prior to surgery. *sigh* other than that I am awaiting my faja to arrive this week and a money belt I've purchased.

I've been reading that I need to buy a tourist card prior to landing as it cuts down the time through customs. I'm hearing conflicting information regarding whether or not it is valid for 30 days or a year. So I'm more than likely to buy it a few days before I leave.

Pre-op recommendations

Some pre operative recommendations as per mallol assistant.

I have strep throat

Thanks to the kiddies. I'm stuck in bed miserable and on antibiotics. Can't swallow a damn thing and the tylenol is thee worst. I need the smooth capsules!

Feeling better

Thank goodness for penicillin and old school remedies! I've been miserable for the last week due to my acquired strep throat and I lost all interest in eating foods and swallowing any vitamins. Yes I've been very miserable because I haven't had the strength to go work out or the energy to clean my home. But I can finally say that I'm feeling a little more like myself today. I almost was beginning to think that the medication wasn't working lol. I started mixing some horrible things together just to feel better. I was chopping ginger, garlic, lemon juice, honey and cayenne pepper together with some warm water and just chugging it down. Grossest thing ever! I gagged and heaved every single time and it made my tummy absolutely bubble. After two times of self torture I decided to just stop! I settle with maybe 1/3 of the ingredients and drank lemon juice and honey with warm water. I have been doing it morning and night. My ear no longer hurts and the chills are gone. I've been able to swallow food and drinks and I'm no longer lethargic. I don't wish strep throat on anyone! It's horrible and contageous! So folks please wash your hands religiously and keep hand sanitizers on deck at all times and if you have something please stay home so you don't get others sick.

I was able to work out today which made me very happy. It's one of things that lift my spirits when I am down or stressed. Looking forward my surgery date is getting super close and now I'm thinking about when I'm going to withdraw my money from the bank and where i plan on storing it and stupid ass US customs :eek:. Unfortunately no flights are direct from Canada to sdq except Air Transat which flies seasonally. If I had have known about their seasonal option I would have bypassed the US layover and called it a day. Only issue with those smaller companies is that they don't have regular flights and maybe fly out once a week. So if u miss it or have to stay longer your pretty much on your ass until the next flight (which can be the following weekend) or yout just say f it and book with another company and layover anyway. I've been through that before when westjet was in its infany lol. Although I had an amazing time stuck where I was stuck I can't do that no more lol.

Holy smokes batman!

Hey y'all!
The days are dwendling down and I'm starting to get a little nervous. It's the idea of pain that has me anxious and the stupid scar. I look at my tummy everyday like I can't wait to put this all behind me, i have bathing suits i havent worn yet because of this non sense. Looking forward to having a new belly button and wearing fitted dresses again without having to suck my gut in anymore.

Mallols assistant sent me a list of possible drugs used for pain post surgery as well antibiotics at my request. I'm bringing some dilaudid with me just in case. Although it makes me groggy I'm bringing it for the way back home and some gravol along side of it and stool softeners. You gotta take them before bed and let them work their magic. Straining is super painful after abdominal surgery. I'm having flash backs of my c section recovery right now *tears*

I'm also going to purchase a sweat suit. Something about sun dresses and compression socks on a plane scream eww lol.

I just remembered I have an IUD... my head began scrambling with the email stating that one must stop birth control prior to surgery. I had questions and so I asked and yippie I don't have to remove it. It's the estrogen based birth control that is the problem. Basically, estrogen increases your chances of bloodclots. Which increases even more after having a surgery. But thankfully that isn't the type of bc that I'm currently on.

Hope u guys are doing well!

Less than 2 weeks

I have butterflies guys omg lol

Just printed out my tourist card and requested the usd from my bank. It's really on!

Went to the gym today and I'm actually dreading the 6 weeks off with no weight lifting. I finally lift my former weights pre pregnancy and the idea of having to sit out again is killing me. See exercise has been my gateway out of post pregnancy depression. It's a natural medicine that leaves me feeling great. So I'm scared. Can't even lie. Feel like I'll have to start all over again :-(. But mannnnnnnn it will be worth it.... no more diastasis and new bewbs. I've already made plans to debut them this summer lol.

Hope you all are well!

Loose skin

Please go away lol

My abs are behind there. Wait and see

Iron in a bottle

I don't care for meat much these days. So I look for other sources.

6 days....

Yes guys

6 more days. I was more nervous last week to be totally honest. I had my money converted to USD this morning. The conversion rate stinks! I lost 1.5 grand converting from CAD to USD. Lady at the counter told me last week would have been a better time to change my money over. You can't predict these things unfortunately.

I'm feeling good otherwise. My bff who is coming with me isn't feeling too well at the moment. Like dog sick feeling thee absolute worst. We're both crossing our fingers and praying for her swift recovery.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon