Ready for a Booty Squats Aren't Giving Me. Dominican Republic, DO

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Hi, everyone I've been researching surgeons for...

Hi, everyone I've been researching surgeons for the past few years to decide on who to go with for a BBL. I have had breast augmentation and liposuction done with Dr. Handel in Sherman Oaks, Ca. After reading all the reviews and speaking to a patient I decided to go with Dra. Fatima Almonte for my bbl procedure. Please anyone who has had work with her feel free to contact me I'd love to speak to more people who have had work done with her. So far my interactions with her and her staff have been great. I guess my one concern is most of the patients I've seen or the one I spoke with were all heavy before their procedure, I am not heavy and I'm not looking for a extreme change just more volume in my butt I just want to know if she has the same success with patients on the slimmer side. I will keep everyone up to date with any progress.

Pre surgery pics

Added pre surgery pics can't wait to add post surgery ones

Been debating on gaining fat or not

Hey everyone, I've been researching as much as possible before surgery. I know I have plenty of time before my surgery date on Oct.20th with Dra. Almonte. I've been debating gaining more body fat or not before surgery. I want a Dolly Castro butt and I'm not sure if I have enough body fat to achieve that look. Some of the research is frustrating because some people say you need to workout out to get a butt and while that's true there's just certain looks you won't get through diet and excercise alone, I know it better than anyone being a athlete all my life. Just the thought of having to gain is a bit scary for me, I did look at doing it the healthy way though by increasing intake of good fats like salmon, avocados, nuts and eating whole grain pasta. I see from reading everyone else's posts mixed feelings before and after surgery is normal. I guess like anyone else I just want the best possible outcome.

Pic of Goal booty

I made a reference to wanting my booty to look similar to Dolly Castro so here's a pic of Dolly for those who aren't familiar with her. I'm pretty sure I should gain 5 lbs of fat before surgery I'm currently 135 so I don't want to go to much beyond that. I go heavy lifting on my butt at the gym so till surgery I'm going to keep doing my best to put on muscle butt gains.

A bit about me :)

I am 32 no bio kids just a step daughter and lizards I've rescued, yes reptiles need rescue as much as dogs & cats. I am happily married to a amazing man, we both work in entertainment fields which has us traveling all over. I was a gymnast for 10yrs of my life and switched to competive martial arts and competed in various MMA competitions. I've been a athlete my whole life but somewhere along the way I lost my full perky booty and I'm in a fight to get it back. I am always grateful for my health and the body I have I just want to be a better version of myself, get my old booty back. After all I've been reading on everyone's recovery I am grateful I have such a supportive husband to take care of me all the way. I do have genuine concerns about when I can return to work due to the nature of my job being so physical but I will do my best I'm a tough cookie. I have also downloaded the app called duolingo to brush up on my Spanish.

10/20/16 can't come fast enough lol

Hey everyone so I've still been doing tons of research on everything from speeding up post op healing to what happens to reabsorbed fat. I did find out that oregano ointment is excellent to put on wounds to prevent infection and scars. I knew about how good oregano oil was to take as a dietary supplement, its good to prevent BV, yeast infections and colds, I just never knew you could apply it to wounds. I also found some great surgery profiles on Instagram whom also follow me back. It has been nice chatting with other ladies going through the same journey as me. I have to also mention how wonderful both Dra Almonte has been and her assistant Lesley any time I have a question about anything they get back to me. I have also looked at various bbl surgery pillows and realized they sell some of the ones I'm seeing on eBay for half the price lol, like one pilliow they call a booty body pillow and all it is is a pregnancy pillow. Although for my sitting up pillow I think I'm going with the one Dr. Miami sells. I do plan on being in the DR for 3 weeks so I pray that will give me enough healing time before my flight home. Thankfully me and my husband have some close friends who lived there which also helped my surgery research. Ladies be careful in choosing your surgeon, I did learn from my friends who live in the DR a lot of local women die from doctors who aren't certified for the surgery. People lie including doctors so if they say they have a certification really check to make sure it's legit. I guess that's it for now if anyone wants to follow me on Instagram just DM me and I'll give you the info:)

iron supplement

I researched iron supplements as not all are created equal and settled on taking floradix and to my dismay I found it tasted like wet dog. At first I was chasing it with apple cider vinegar, but then I found pineapple juice works better. Yes I know apple cider vinegar sounds odd but I already include it as a supplement in my diet because it's great to help keep the body in a alkaline state which prevents a myriad of diseases. I can tell the floradix supplement is working I feel more energetic and I can't wait to see my new blood results. I have endometriosis so anemia has always been a struggle for me. I am determined to have my iron up I even put it in my vision board as a goal.

Still researching

I am so excited to have my surgery done with Dr. Almonte, I'm starting to get the nervous feeling too. I am still researching everything to make surgery go as smooth as possible. I keep trying to find out if her office offers other procedures like hand rejuvenation etc.. I can't find out much though I guess I'll just have to email Leslie to find out. Other than that not much is new, I am still making sx friends on Instagram. After everything I've been doing to stay extra trim for all my summer shoots I'm really looking forward to the part where I get to put on weight for my surgery. I'm an Apache and from the south I do love to eat lol.

Night before surgery

Well ladies I am here in the Dominican Republic staying at My Recovery Home yes that's the name. I met Lesley Maria today Almontes assistant she's so sweet and speaks perfect English because she was born in the United States. I am not big on the food at the recovery house but there's tons of places to order from for food delivery. There is also a store like Walmart called LaSirena around the corner that will have most of your after care needs like pads antibacterial soap snacks night gowns etc. I am feeling nervous as hell because my hubby couldn't make it with me so I'm alone but doing ok. People here are nice I took a vitamin called hemaplex and floradex to get my iron up it went from 12 to 15.5 but I was also on it with diet. Gaining weight for this surgery was so hard I can't wait to feel good in my skin again. I did eat my final diner before surgery at a upscale steak house not far from here called David Crockett I highly recommend it if you want a splurge meal. Well I'll keep everyone updated:)

I'm on the flat side

Almonte is amazing and the ladies here at CECIP are awesome. I couldn't take any good pics yet but here's a few. I am also on tons of drugs so I'm kinda out of it. I will update more later also rating the steak the night before did help a lot I've not thrown up or anything just in pain.

Be ready for this decision

Good morning ladies so the first night in CECIP is hard I just had my first crying spell waking up in so much pain plus they wake you up about every 3 hrs this is the most painful proceedure I've ever had worse than Breast implants and liposuction my ass hurts. Not to mention all these shots hurt so bad they really do especially the one they put in the iv it's like razors in your veins and the shots in the legs are no joke. I really wish my hubby had made it here like originally planned

On day 6 after surgery

Hi ladies I don't have any great pics yet but I'm loving my results. I am staying at My Recovery Home that's the name. They are great here someone is always here 24hrs a day. Everyday the pain gets easier but unfortunately my period decided to arrive 10 days early so no fun. I got my first massage yesterday which was great really helps a lot with swelling and helping to shape your body. I started using the abdominal board and the lumbar board yesterday and they are incredibly uncomfortable but I'm managing. Please ladies if I could give a big piece of advice bring your own pain meds from home you really need strong meds to get through this or you will truly suffer. So far the most painful thing I experienced was the drain removal they did not give me pain meds before doing it and I blacked out from the pain and was in bed all day after that. Dra Almonte says I'm healing fast thankfully but she said it had a lot to do with my fitness back ground. I managed to gain 25 lbs to get this surgery done and I'm happy I did even though it was depressing having to gain weight. I have great results though and I'm excited to go back home. That's all I can think of right now I'm very in and out of it due to all the meds. Oh one more tip bring anxiety meds too I've had a few panic attacks at night and was grateful I thought to bring them.

One more quick thing

I forgot to mention please familiarize yourself with some Spanish and do understand everyone runs on island time expect to wait for everything everywhere.

Back home update

It has been a month and 4 days since surgery and I'm still loving all my surgery results. I am already back in the gym and my current measurements are 34DD-23-43. I haven't taken any pics recently I still want to wait for more of the swelling to go away and uneven spots on my abdomen. The healing part of this really is a process and takes time so be prepared for that. Swell hell dats are real but can be managed by how good you're eating and the amount of water drinking. My worst swell hell day has still been the plane trip back at least for me that was extremely hard even with my booty pillow. Getting through security was ok and I'm so thankful I got wheelchair service. I guess other tips I could give are besides keeping up in water and eating healthy during recovery drink turmeric tea and dandelion tea also a cup of hot water with lemon in the morning does wonders. As far as my workouts have gone since surgery I haven't been doing any real cardio just lifting weights in a way that keeps my cardio up like circuit training. I have also been making my own green juice at home and adding lots of tumeric and ginger to that as well it helps a lot with inflammation. Overall I'm very happy I choose Dra. Fatima Almonte and am very happy with my surgery results and will go to her again. Here's some early post surgery pics

Post op venting

It is moments like this that make me envy the ladies with desk jobs. I had my first photoshoot since surgery and it was rough. I still have swelling and light bruising on my abdomen even though I'm over dosing on arnica pills and cream plus taking tons of tumeric and bromalin for inflammation. A few things I would advise is be prepared to not only save money for the surgery but also set aside what you can for the massages and healing treatments for when you return to the United States because that in itself is a small fortune. If I haven't said this in a earlier post I highly recommend getting strong pain meds oxy, Percocet etc... because even at 6 weeks out from surgery this hurts. While everyday does get better it's not the easiest of recoveries at least not for me. On the up side I'm back in the gym I'm still loving my butt and I'm pretty sure I'll be ready for my red carpet event in January. Here's a few new pics too

Things I definitely needed

Hi everyone happy holidays:) so I wanted to list some of the things I bought and definitely needed to recover. I tried to not buy tons of stuff and did a good job with that. Here's my absolute recommendations.
Pregnancy body pillow
Super soft robe and slippers
200ck arnica
Tumeric
Roasted dandelion tea
Strong indica
Some people have been shy about this subject so I'm going to talk about it because I wanted to know when I was researching. I had sex with my husband 14days after surgery both vaginal & anal and it did not hurt me or effect my surgical results. We also practice bondage and he was able to tie me into various positions at about a month post surgery. I think the fact I practiced light yoga everyday post op helped me heal faster to.

Question for everyone

Hey ladies happy holidays to everyone out there. I am still very happy with my results my waist has shrunk but my booty is still at 42 so I'm quite happy. My question is has anyone taken the supplement gluteboost they always advertise in my fitness magazine the website is www.gluteboost.com since I do workout and enjoy having a full booty I'm wondering if it will actually help me build my glute muscles.

Still happy and still healing

I hope everyone is well. I just wanted to leave a update on how I'm healing. I am still getting some swell hell days but not nearly as bad I also was only wearing my faja at night but I've now started slacking on that and I've found it to be fine. I am still getting treatments to help drain extra fluid and to also tighten the lose skin on my tummy and back. I also just finished the award show and red carpet events and I'm happy to say everyone thought I looked amazing. I've been working so hard to heal for that red carpet event and I'm grateful it worked out ok. I still have a lot of healing to go but it's ok I know I will get there. I'm just grateful that god has got me this far.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

I am very happy with Dra. Fatima Almonte and I love my surgery results. Her assistant Lesley is also amazing and speaks full English since she's from the United States. I have been healing quickly and would get work done with Dra.Almonte again she cares about your life and your health and really makes a effort to listen to what you want.