Bbl and liposuction-Mother of two who needs her curvy body back

Hi everyone! I am really excited about the...

Hi everyone! I am really excited about the decision that I made to have this procedure done. I have a 8 year old and a 22 month old. Since having my first child my body has totally changed and not for the better. I have been trying many years to diet and exercise to get my curves back and that flat tummy that I miss so dearly. Recently, I made the decision that enough is enough, I need to have surgery to get the body I want. I have put down the payment and waiting for a confirmation from Dr. Mallol as to surgery date. I can not wait! :)

I finally got my scheduled surgery date

Hey ladies. I am scheduled for June 21st! I am super excited! I will post before and afters once my procedure is done. I order the package deal and specified that I will like to stay at Armonia Recovery. Will anyone be there on June 20-27? They told me it depends if they have availability. I heard great things about this Recovery house.

Buying the essentials

I am in the process of buying the things I need for the trip. This was a last minute decision and I really do not want to buy something that I will not use. (Working on a budget too) . So far this is what I have on my list :

Arnica pills 30x (bruising and swelling)
Arnica cream
Povidone / iodine solution pads (antiseptic)
Povidone cream
Neosporin ( scar healing )
Bcaa (muscle and tissue repair)
Female urinal

I am not sure if I want to purchase a boppy pillow. I am thinking of rolling a cotton towel instead. Plus, I can take a towel with me anywhere by throwing it around my neck lol. Any suggestions? Also, I never got a list from doctor to prepare me for the surgery. Did anyone get a list?

Avoiding an infection

Okay, so I am nervous because I keep thinking of surgical site infections and want to avoid at this at all cost . I wanted to share some tips with you that I read on.So I will be supplementing with various vitamins so I can have a superb immune system . Of course eating nutritious is on top of the list . I will be using Lugols Iodine to rev up my system and clean me out before and during my surgery ( kills parasites and bacteria while keeping the good bacteria).I will be purchasing betadine which is povidone and iodine solution (I believe that is how you spell it). I read a clinical study that it kills MRSA bacteria in fifteen seconds. I will be upping my probiotics by eating yogurt and supplementing with probiotics. On the site a surgeon posted that a patient is suppose to shower thoroughly with antibacterial soap 3 days prior and on the surgery day and you should not shave near your surgery date because it will increase your chances of infection. You should take care of any infections (example: tooth abcess, urinary tract infection ) before entering into surgery . Of course, people who smoke have a higher chance of catching an infection. It is advisable to quit. I will be carrying all types antiseptics in my luggage lol. The pictures I see of surgical infections are no joke ! Please ladies lets be wise and take all precautions .

Reconsidering Procedure

After careful thinking, I have decided just to get a lipo and bbl done without a tummy tuck . I feel that is best for my current situation. I have a two year old and I do not want to ruin my results . I also have to consider that my doctor is located overseas and I don't want to risk running into complications and left without help. I know I won't be completely happy with results but it is a process. One step at a time. I have my round 2 planned in the future. I have my fingers crossed that all goes well for us all. God bless. Xoxoxo

Weight loss

Hey dolls, I am up to the point that I will like to lose weight before my surgery. I was contemplating if I should lose it after the surgery . I have been eating horribly lately . I gained over 35 pounds the past year.I feel like I should make a life style change now by getting fit. I am 3 weeks away and I want to see how much I can lose by eating sensible and excercising. I am currently weighing at 185 pounds.

Pre-op pics

I have decided to post my pre-op pics. I am going to give you a brief history too.Currently, I am 5'3" and weighing a little over 185 pounds . My measurements are :45-36-45. I wear a bra 38csize ,14 pants , and large or x large shirts.Less then 7 months ago I was weighing 153 lbs. Why the weight gain? Well, I decided to stay home with my children due to medical reasons. I felt I was needed at home then at work. From the struggles of my sons illness I gained over 30 pounds because of depression. I was eating over 2500 calories a day. Also, I use to be active and will go to the gym. Since then, I have not gone to the gym close to 6 months because of financial issues. I use to always like my body until I had children. My waist expanded and my stomache never got flat. No matter how much dieting or excercise I have done, I could never achieve the body I wanted . I mostly gain weight in the middle and when I do lose weight I lose the weight on my bottom half. I had enough and decided that I will no longer torture myself . It was obvious I needed help and made a decision to have surgery. At first, I wanted a tummy tuck and bbl but thought it will be a high risk for now to have a tummy tuck. I have a 21 month old and don't want to sacrifice the results. So I am holding off on the tummy tuck till next year but will be having a bbl and lipo my arms and inner thighs. There is 24 days left till my surgery and will like to regulate my weight by changing my lifestyle by eating sensibly and excercising . My goal is 30 pounds but I am not sure that is realistic. If I can lose 20 pounds I will be happy and I am still not sure if that is realistic either lol. Sorry for all the typos . I hope you join me on my journey.

Juicing and walking

Thus so far I have not ate excessively and walked a steady pace all day. I have juiced today just make sure that I get all my greens. Jump from no activity/coach potato to being active all day. I hope this works and that I stay motivated . Need to lose about 30 pounds by June 19th. Then I am out to have my surgery. Yay!

2 days and 2 pound weight loss

I am super excited today. I seem to be making some good progress so far. I lost two pounds the past two days. I know that's not much but it is to me. 28 pounds more to lose until June 19!

My heart goes out to you ladies

Ladies today I have read a couple of reviews and made my heart sink . My thoughts and prayers go out to you ladies and that God will lay his loving healing hands over you , that you may recover from whatever has a hold on you. I thought surgery was going to be a walk in the park. I don't know what I was thinking. I thought I knew what I was doing, but wow I really did not. Complications can occur and it has me very terrified to fly out the country to get my procedure . First , I made a decision to back out on my tummy tuck . Now I want to back out of my bbl too. I am so anxious and depress at the moment . I think it's because I want to get this done asap. I am sick of looking this way. Agh. I already know and picked out the surgeon for my round two but I think I might just go locally solely altogether . I don't know what to do..... Today, I went to buy a few dresses because nothing fits right or period on me. I looked in the mirror and told myself is it worth it? I don't know if it is. I am going to have to think about it....

Today was the tip of the iceberg and I could not take it anymore. I have sent a message to Dr. Mallol. I will let you ladies know what he says.

Dr. Mallol Post op care for avoiding an infection

Please read previous review for my details . He has asked me to post this.

Smoked a Ciggarette

Hello dolls- I had a lot on my mind and smoked two ciggarettes. I am not a smoker but occasionally smoke when I am highly upset and by the chance yesterday was the day. Afterwards, I realized I am not suppose to smoke! Ugh. The last time I smoked was a year ago. I am scheduled on the 21st next month . Has this happen to any of you ladies? Do you think I will have any complications after the surgery ?

Hello ladies- Another of our dolls got an infection . Please keep her in your prayers!

3-4 weeks post op

Hello ladies- I have been quiet for a while. I wasn't sure if I should share my experience but I don't think that will be fair. This is the community that I read everyone's eperience and it was only fair to share mines.I will like to say that this has been quite a journey and it has not been an easy one . I thought I will be up and running around and it is not like that at all. Recovering is hard but worth it . I like my results so far. I had a bbl but I am a tummy tuck candidate. My husband and I still will like to have kids. Therefore , I only had liposuction and a bbl. There were a lot of ups and downs during the journey . Dr. Mallol is an exceptional doctor and did excellent work . However, I do believe he is overworked and the aftercare is not what I expected. Nevertheless, he delivered over and beyond . When I got there and was waiting for surgery. Anxiety sank in and was worried of infections. I specifically asked if I can disinfect myself before going in. Within minutes he had one of his assistant deliver personally to my room a gallon of disinfected solution ! I was so happy ! Quickly I disinfected and was less anxious. Also, he lipo my inner thighs for free! Okay, now the ugly. I have to say that his staff lacks integrity and professionalism . His assistant sexually harassed me. Let's just put it that way . I will not get into details because I am still upset and ashamed with the experience . Imagine a patient who is from out of the country arrives alone only to be taken advantage of. I was taken advantage of and disrespected . I was ashamed and did not know what to do. Am I suppose to walk out and leave? After I just paid all this money and came this far ? It still breaks my heart and a lot goes through my mind till this day. I spoke to Dr. Mallol of the experience and he assured me that I won't see his face in postop and I didn't. He did say he wanted to speak about it when he saw me but he never follow up . Even though , he doesn't come off that way and Dr. Mallol told me this is the first time a complaint of this nature was ever brought to his attention . I will like to state this is my journey and this is what I experienced . I will like to share my experience so no one will ever go through this. The other bad experience I had was from the Blood bank representative who came to the recovery house to collect my payment . She took all my money ( my money was in peso to the owner of the house, I did not have exact change so expected change to be left but nope)and claimed that was the exact money for my transfusions. I had two blood transfusions . She did not know I had an application that can covert perso to dollars and dollars to peso. Immediately , I notified Dr. Mallol and he apologized for her behavior. He did mention that she does not work for him but he will immediately contact her. The following day , she came to the recovery house and returned my money . She apoligized and gave me a lame excuse. I will speak about my recovery. When I first came out of surgery I was unsure of my results. When my girdle was removed I had a lot of loose skin on stomach (Basically hanging!). Ugh. I expected this and hope that my skin will retract. Dr. Mallol couldn't promise me but he said you must wear the girdle for the skin to retract and he was right. My skin retracted so much! I am finally feeling happy with my results and it appears after all these years in the gym I had a six pack under all that fat! In a way I was shocked but then again I wasn't because I have always took care of myself and lift weights. It was just recently I fell into a deep depression because of my sons illness as I mentioned before. I still need to work on it and lose that weight. I will eventually will but baby steps. I will post before and afters shortly

Pictures along the way

My pics along the way. Before and afters.

Comparison before and after

A side to side comparison of before and afters.

No compression garment with jeans

Today first time put on my pair of jeans with no compression garment. I am pleased so far.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Mallol can deliver exceptionally great results . I wish his post op care and staff was the same.