MY journey to Duran**APRIL14 2016** BBL, TT, Liposculpture-

So I'm very excited that I finally decided to get...

So I'm very excited that I finally decided to get this procedure done AND I'm going to the Dominican Republic to do it. I've spent months doing research about the procedures, reading reviews, and looking up average cost. So I have emailed a few doctors in DR and I'm waiting for their responses. Right now I'm looking at dr. Duran, Yily, Baez x Robles and Salama. I'm really thinking about going with Duran or Robles but I'm looking to get some insight from the dolls!! I want a DRAMATIC difference. Please share your thoughts

What are YOUR experiences???

I spoke with my mom today and she recommended Dr. Lima... But I'd like to get recommendations from you dolls!!! Please help me make the best choice. I want a DRAMATIC Body change! So I guess I need an aggressive surgeon..

I Received three quotes so far and I'm extra confused!!!! In my search I haven't really found a before and after story for a female with a similar build to mines!! So I'm not sure what i would look like after the procedures! My DILEMMA!! LOL Soooooo I'm going to post my pre-op pics today cause I'm hoping You Post-Op Dolls can help a sistah out! Pa-Leeease!!! I'm also going to include some wish pics too. I want hips and a little more bootay. I also do plan on gaining weight. Which Doc is going to be aggressive enough to give me the results i want?

Pre-Op Pics

Didnt upload with my last post

Duran's Hands Will Re-Create Me! BBL/TT/Liposculpture

That's IT!!! I've been looking at tons of BEFORE and AFTER pics for months! Duran is the doctor I feel the most comfortable with. She has no deaths, she is Board Certified, AND listens to her patients from what I've gathered. The complaints about her are standard complaints across the board, nothing to serious!! I'm cool with that! I initially wanted to also get a Breast Lift with fat transfer but Dra. Duran doesn't do that, she will only do implants. And I'm not comfortable with the thought of a foreign object making home in me, not for me! But if that's what you want go for it! So its cool, I'll leave that for another day :)

SOOOO, Do not go through the Surgery Coordinator to schedule your appointment with Duran, your recovery house or your transportation if you don't have too!!! See, I was so ANXIOUS to get in contact with her that i initially was like "yeah okay, I'll pay an extra $200", foolish me!! The amount of money this procedure and all the extra things are going to already cost you, I suggest you keep that $200 and get to work!! I only know this now cause of I've been OBSESSED, for the lack of a better word, with reading as many reviews as possible and the comments on them! And I must say, I've compiled a lot of useful information.

For one, I've been in contact with Durans office future dolls!!! Yeeeesss!! I'm hype lol

I called Duran's office directly early at 6:30 am and I GOT THROUGH!! Twice!! I confirmed that they received my email and that there were available spots for the date I had in mind. So, Yes I'm happy! I then turned around and emailed the coordinator and told her thank you
but I was all set as they couldn't get me a new quote for the services I was newly interested in!! Whooh! Now I can use that $200 on other necessary things. I'll be calling Duran's office on Friday morning if I haven't heard from them.

Once I confirm my date I WILL post ALL of her contact information! Sorry Dolls, but my window of opportunity is SMALL and I HAVE TO GET this SPECIFIC date or I'll have to wait another year!! That would break my heart, I already had to postpone it to this year!

2nd- Booty Buddy Pillow its $69 but it is more discrete and wouldn't generate as many questions.
3rd- Rosa Mosqueta oil is on Amazon for around $18- Much cheaper than the $40 in DR
4th- Buy your 2nd garment here before you go! I've read to many reviews about this- my main concern is getting a garment that doesn't squish my butt.. I read on here that you should cut out the butt part of the faja cause too much pressure will kill the fat cells.

I'll keep you posted!! Happy research!

Down to a BBL and a TT... MAYBE

So I haven't told my "friend" about what I want to do cause I don't want to hear about how upset he is that I'm about to go spend this ????... I already know it's a lot lol but he is my ???? and I don't want to cause any issues between us, our current situation is fragile. But anywho, he put the possibility of us having a child together back in the table so now a tummy tuck might not be the best thing... I refuse to be a bm twice so a baby is off the table until a real commitment is made. But none the less i would love to build a family with that man.

I want to atleast have my BBL DONE ? But now i feel like just a BBL is a waste of money.
I don't know, what do you think?

Final Duran quote! Yaay

So for a BBL, TT AND LIPOSCULPTURE Dra. Duran quoted me $4900.00!! Right under my 5k limit and most importantly it's with the surgeon that I want.

Next I have to make the $250.00 deposit and secure my sx date.. I'm so excited! God willingly, nothing will get in my way!

I will post all of Durans info next week.

Post-Op meds!! YAY

My PCP will prescribe me as many of my post of meds as he can so i am very happy about that!! Thats $250 i get to put towards my procedure. Ive read so many stories of girls paying to much for their meds or never getting their change back. This was something I didnt want to go through so I called my PCP and just flat out told him "Hey, I want to have elective surgery and I'm considering a BBL and TT." I then proceeded to tell him about the test Duran wanted me to have done and THE VERY NEXT morning I was scheduled to have my blood work done.SO pre-op dolls: if you have a PCP, talk to them!

I got my labs back and i am uber excited to let yall know my hemo is at 14.9!!!!! And my period had just ended so I'm very elated about that because i was scared that my hemo would be low. I dont have to buy the blood builder pills but if your hemo is low I think the sooner you get your PCP involved the better chances you have making sure you're completely ready for the big day! Good Luck.

LADIES, I've been trying to find a way to go around having to pay $150 to Durans office for medical isurance from the moment i was informed of it! lol bad right?! Anywho, I kept seeing girls talking about using a site called so I went to go take a look at it today. I spent about an hr comparing offers and they are REALLY CHEAP but then I noticed that none of them covered EMERGENCY MEDICAL EXPENSES!!!! AND I'M LIKE WTF????

SOOoooO I proceeded to google "medical insurance for cosmetic surgery abroad", "cosmetic surgery insurance in Dominican Republic" among other things cause I couldnt believe what i was reading!! ALL of you dolls who paid for insurance through were NOT covered for medical emergencies related to your cosmetic procedure! Many of them wont even cover baggage issues or flight changes if they know thats what you went to the DR for.. I'm so happy that many of you returned home safely!! BUUUUUUUT future dolls GO WITH the insurance your surgeon is recommending you get. JUST a suggestion.

As for me, I'll be paying Dra. Duran the $150 to make sure I'm covered.

Anyone stay at Maria's Recovery House??? DR

Has anyone recently stayed at Maria's Recovery House in Dominican Republic? I'm getting ready to make my deposit this weekend and just would like to be sure about it... Please Comment

I've been reading but I can't find a review that explains the best way to sleep after doing a BBL and TT together! Please give me some advice. Paaareeeety pleeeease

DURAN DOLL TO BE!!!!! 04/14/16

Yikes! I made my $260 deposit yesterday through Caribe Express to Dra. Duran... And i had nightmares all freakin night about this!! I woke up and started to second guess her as my surgeon.. Yily has me second guessing lol.. But I know and pray! I made the right choice with Duran.. I did all of my research and I'm most comfortable with her... I had a bad night I guess it's my nerves because I'm REALLY going forward with this..

SO here's her contact info as promised:
Send an email with your full name in the subject and then call.
Cipla #(809) 331-5050 ext 212
call between 6am-745 am eastern time
They will send you an email with all the info they need you to send them. MAKE SURE you're reply my email is going to durans gmail and not her hotmail- I made that mistake.
Then call that number again. And tell them you sent the email.

Everytime you send an email, call them and let them know. I'm here For you dolls so if you need any help just let me know.

Abdominal board and tt?

I clearly see that the abdominal board is essential to achieve the best final look but they sell so many different kinds. What board worked best for you?

Update on me

So I'm 27b 5'3" and I currently weigh 140lbs. I want to be 150+ by April.

I have 2 beautiful children, 5 and 2, and they did a number on my body! But it's okay. I actually don't hate my body at all. My butt looks much smaller in the pic but it's actually nice and heavy with a nice cuff!

I've arranged for a friend to stay with my kids for the 2 weeks I'll be gone and an additional 2 weeks to assist me with driving. I'm pretty much on my own with all of this but it's cool, I'm a tough cookie lol.

I don't plan on telling my boss why I'm taking the time off cause they'll just gossip. Sooooo lol I plan on hiding my results (wearing loose clothes) until July. I'm also going to start using the booty buddy pillow at work before I go so they won't be suspicious. Lol I'm too much.

I haven't told my "friend" about it yet either because I don't want to argue with him about it. I will tell him before hand but I just hope he understands cause either way I'm going forward. I'm doing this for me! I deserve to get myself back again.

Durans Contact Info!!!! And method used.
Send an email with your full name in the subject and then call.
Cipla #(809) 331-5050 ext 212
call between 6am-745 am eastern time
Then call that number again. And tell them you sent the email.

Great Price For my Flight

I booked my flight through and boy did I get a deal!! $365 round trip, I couldn't pay it fast enough even though it was Delta. I've been watching the prices for the last month go up and down on JetBlue cause I love JetBlue but I need to save where I can. So I know this was a good deal.

So future sx sisters watch those ticket prices. And good luck

Recovering at Maria Recovery House

I paid my deposit today. I reserved for 11 days but I think I'm going to up it to 13 days not sure just yet.

Her price includes everything the other rh have plus it includes all transportation! You get to pick what you want to eat off her menu and that's important to me cause I'm picky. She also has hospital beds and regular beds. I reserved a hospital bed.

There isn't a full review for her here, or at least I couldn't find one, so I will be sure to give a thorough review about my stay.

I attached her info to this. She has a special going on at $60/night and $15/massages.

HELP i need to gain 10+ lbs

I have 2 months to gain as much weight as possible. And I need a bit of help. I need to increase my appetite but I don't know how. I've been drinking ensures after every meal but I don't think it's enough.

Any suggestions?

LOOKING FOR AN SX BUDDY?? Dont want to be alone

Im booked for April 14 with Duran and I'll be staying at Maria recovery house from April 13-26.

Ill be flying out of JFK at 8 am on the 13th. Anyone else having surgery close to mines?? THE RECOVERY HOUSE IS ONLY 5 MIN AWAY from CIPLA. I have some support, mainly just from my mom, but she cant travel with me. I am fluent in spanish too !! lol Let me know

FYI: If youre booked around that date Expedia still has a low price for less than $400 round trip through Delta. (((hugs)))

Need help picking your surgeon in DR?? MUST READ

I myself was very torn when trying to decide on a doc and even though i eventually figured out what to look for, I spent HOURS/DAYS researching first. Research is your bff in this situation and you should still do it but this review wouldve saved me some time. I read this on Duran_DollfromHarlem page so i'm reposting it here for all my future SX ladies.

Helpful post by Pretty_Lady below:

Hi Ladies, just want to share my thoughts on what you should look out for when choosing a doctor in DR only. Please note that this is just my opinion based on my research and all the post op results I saw on realself and in my total of almost 5 weeks stay in DR (both 1st & 2nd round). I will be discussing mostly the popular doctors in DR. If you disagree with me, that's fine, no offence meant or taken, but if it helps you in making your decision in any way, I will be happy for you. I will try to be as unprejudiced as possible but if I'm biased against Yily or favour Cabral, please don't blame me, it is based on my experience.

1) Determine what is most important to you because the best breast doctors are not the best in BBL and Liposculpture unfortunately. Is communication and aftercare more important to you? Sadly there is no doctor in DR that has it all in 1 package. You will have to trade off something for what matters to you most.

If I have a good body already with good fat storage (no saggy/excess skin), a little something on my behind already and was more interested in having an excellent breast work, I would choose Baez (the lady), Robles or Disla in that order. They have had no reported deaths or infections that I know of. Baez has top notch communication and aftercare and uses FDA approved implants which costs a little bit more. She is also the only one that has textured implants which stay where they are placed and you won't have to worry about your implant dropping or wearing a breast band. Their Liposculpture and BBL on small girls with enough fat and no saggy skin is on point and amazing. If you are in the same RH with Baez or Disla patients, you will envy the aftercare they receive. The doctors clean the incisions themselves and take care of their patients better than any of the other doctors I will talk about. Robles aftercare is great as well but the time taken to book an after care appointment and wait time to see her is just horrible. If I'm a big lady or have tons of excess skin, I will not go to any of them except maybe Robles. You will not like the results from them if you do, except if you want to console yourself by the fact that you look much better than what you started off with, but that's not what you paid for or is it? Some of Robles patients are complaining of their belly not being flat after TT.

Duran is great with after care and does it herself and communicates very well with her post op patients but it will cost you an arm and a leg to get through to her to get a quote or a surgery date, but it is worth it at the end. She is one of the almost well rounded doctors there, good with all body types, her skills are just crazy. She does good breast work with different lift techniques depending on your body and what you ask for, note that I said good not excellent like Baez. She sculpts a lean and mean torso like Cabral but she still maintains the definition at the waist line for extreme curves. The S curve at the back and the curve at the bottom of the butt cheeks differentiates her patients from that of other doctors. By looking at pics I can tell if the doctor is Duran or Cabral (their work is quite similar and different from the others). The only faults she has: extremely difficult to contact initially, 1 reported death, infections more than 2 that I've read of, 1 patient still unable to walk post op, some complaints of volume loss from BBL and hips and some have complained of belly bulging after eating (that may be normal I think?)

The great Yily acclaimed to have mad sculpting skills, yes I agree but when she actually does the work herself, there are lots of reviews to prove and disprove her results. Yily is a skilled and excellent doctor for certain body types. If I have a good skin tone (big or small it doesn't matter), some foundation for BBL, no TT, breast work or any other lift required I would go to Yily. I would also require a guarantee that she would do the job herself. Yily is hit or miss, when she does the surgery herself and gets a hit, the results are jaw dropping awesome but when she misses, it is quite mediocre. For breasts, she misses more than she hits, her Liposculpture success depends a lot on body type. There has been lots of complaints on belly not flat after TT, loss of volume from BBL and hips with time and horrible breast work. Communication is okay for pre-op but mediocre to non-existent for her post op patients. Aftercare is handled by another doctor, so it's great. A lot of how I took care of myself after my 2nd round was what I learned from my 1st round aftercare with Dr Anna (Yily's post-op doctor). Yily's cons: 1 death due to sepsis, several cases of infection, burns, poor communication post surgery, results don't always withstand the test of time.

Cabral: A lot of people call him the king of barbies. He is very good at what he does and is excellent with every body type but to be honest, I think I would give half of that title to Duran. His results are just amazing, he takes big and shapeless and turns it into gorgeous Barbie (I am one of them). He pushes the boundary, does what other doctors say is not possible, finds fat where others say there is no fat. If you are big or small with excess skin or other complications or require lifts on other body parts, Cabral or Duran will be your best bet. If you are not sure if you have enough fat for a bbl and want to be sure the little the doctor can give you will stay, Cabral is the one. His bbl's and hips hardly ever lose volume except if you are losing weight, his lipo is very aggressive (my arms haven't recovered yet) but the results are gratifying. He sculpts a lean and mean torso, gives you that s curve at the back and overall Barbie look. If you want the curve at the bottom of the butt cheeks, you would have to ask for it, but Duran does that best. Communication with him is the best both pre and post op via whatsapp and FaceTime. He is humble and open to discuss his history if you ask about it. Cabral has a doctor and nurse for post op and aftercare. They are ok, if you had only lipo and bbl, they drain you and check that everything is ok. They never cleaned my incisions even when I insisted, they only looked at them and told me they were healing fine. I came with all my supplies, so I cleaned by myself and applied my antibiotic ointment with the help of a lady at my RH. If you want and can wait, you can always see Cabral for aftercare, for my nose I always waited to see him, cos I didn't want to take any chances with that. Cons: 2-3 deaths, lots of burns and 1 infection, aftercare needs a lot of improvement and some complaints of uneven stomach after lipo.

2) know your body type and dimensions because the doctor you are raving about may not be the one that gives the best results for your body type. Note that the doctors can only re-distribute your fat, they will not remove or reduce your rib cage or hip bones. If you know a doctor that can move the rib cage or make them narrower, I'm interested. So if your ribs are wide from the top to bottom, then getting the hourglass shape will be quite difficult and depend on the doctors skill with fat re-distribution (a steel boned corset can also help). The most important thing to know is: are you short waisted, average or long waisted? Then how long is the distance between your bottom rib cage and the top of your hip bone? That is the soft part that can be pushed in or lipoed to create that dramatic curve at the waist. If that part is short, don't expect that beautifully curved waist you see on a lot of ladies on realself. It has to be at least 4" or more to get that kind of result for an amazing hourglass shape. If you are average or long waisted, then almost any doctor you go to will be able to give you that definition at the waist with lipo for the hourglass shape. But if you are short waisted and also have a short gap between bottom rib cage and hip bone (1 to 3"), then you need to choose a doctor that will lipo your torso for that lean look and use the curve of the hips to create the illusion of an hourglass shape. They start building the hips from around the waist and it curves into your full hips for that wow effect. It's only Duran and Cabral that I have seen do that, that is why I dub them the king and queen of barbies. That is the difference between what Yily did on me and what Cabral did. I only have about 2-2.5" between my top rib cage and hip bone, my waist now (26 to 27") is not so much smaller than what Yily made it (28"), but Cabral built up the hips and used the flare of the hips to create a much better hourglass silhouette than what I had before. When Cabral worked on me, I had even less fat than I had when I went to Yily, but he was able to still harvest fat from my belly (which Yily had worked on before) and some from my thighs for hips and BBL.

3) doctor's history and 'background' check: after all said and done, you still have to be comfortable with the doctor you choose. You can see that the most popular doctors who have done the most surgeries have had cases of deaths and infections. I would not rule a doctor out without trying to ask them about it first. Talk to your doctor and discuss their history, be sure you understand why the issues happened and the steps they've taken to prevent them from happening again.

Above all ladies, pray about your decision and choice, be at peace with it in your spirit and believe that you will be safe. Be prepared to take care of yourself post op whether the doctor does it or not.

Goodluck and best wishes!

Started my supply bag

I made a Goodwill run yesterday and got. 3 gowns with the button up front and pockets for just $6!! I got the button up instead of the zip cause I figured it would be better to to pull the drains through the holes into the pockets instead of pulling it up through the bottom of the gown. (((Winks at self)))

I also purchased 2 dark colored dresses to wear with no sleeves for $4!! I bought them dark because I've read the vets say that the dresses stain and walking around in a light colored dress in public that then starts to stain from the drains is embarrassing. I don't want to go through that.

I spent a total of $10. I wasn't going for cute I was going for COMFORTABLE and cheap BECAUSE these item will go in the trash when I'm done with them. Except the dresses cause I kind of like them.

Thank you to MissBootyFull1 she has shared Durans direct WhatsApp # (809) 707-7163. SO Im reposting it because we all know how hard it is to get in contact with the Doc.

Good Luck Ladies.

So Dra. Duran wants you to get Arnica cream and tablets. But I wanted to know the difference and i thought this was useful:

Which topical should I use: Arnicare Gel, Cream or Ointment?

Arnicare Gel has a cooling effect for fast pain relief. This non-sticky, non-greasy gel is quickly absorbed by the skin. Arnicare Cream’s soothing effect makes it ideal for massaging sore muscles. Arnicare Ointment adheres to skin longer to provide prolonged action for injuries that require a longer healing time.

****Medical Supplies Ordered-CHEAP****

So I bought all of these from and I used a coupon because I never shop without finding a coupon lol I have kids so I need to know how and when to save. So ladies I paid $32 with shipping for these items:

Perineal Irrigation Bottle $0.53
Box of 100 Povidone-Iodine Prep Pads $5.36

i wish upon a star...

Wishing OUT LOUD!!! Lol

SAD but such is life! SX must be CANCELLED

So a lot has happened this week in my life and I had to make a hard decision. My daughter starts the 1st Grade this year and I found an excellent school for her but it requires me to make a lot of serious changes. My babies getting a leg up in the world surpasses me a million times over.

With that said I would like to switch or just give someone my SX DATE with Duran for what I paid. If you're interested let me know. I also have a reservation at an RH.

I am still very sad. This was my second try! But it's cool i will be keeping all of my supplies for the 3rd attempt.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon