Going To Dra. Duran - Dominican Republic, DO

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Hello everyone, I've been on this site a few...

Hello everyone,
I've been on this site a few months now trying to decide between doctor's. I live in San Diego, CA... so going to Mexico would be a good idea since it's so close. How ever I fell in love with the before and after pics of Duran and Yily. I emailed them both and I got a very quick reply from Yily. After reading tons of reviews and looking at a bunch of pictures. I really wanted to go to Duran. It took about 3 or 4 weeks of me sending emails to her 2 emails and facebook account and I finally got a response. I heard she gets tons of emails daily, so I understand. But she quoted me $3800. I'm very excited and I can't wait to be a Duran Doll!!!!!!!

Thinking of Hiring a nurse in DR.

My husband and I have a time share and I was thinking of using it in DR and just hiring a nurse. I rembering someone saying they charge about $25 a day. Please if any one has some information about nurses in DR let me know.

before pics

Sending Dra. Duran money

Can someone please help me, I'm trying to send Dra. Duran my deposit. I'm not sure how to. This is what she told me:

If you would like to secure your date for surgery, please send a us250 deposit
Bank Account (for deposit, You can transfer money from Citibank To my bank Banreservas) not electronic transfer please (it is personaly from bank to bank in us money)
Banco de reservas República Dominicana.

*** Can someone please explain this to me.

I'm now booked for the 21st of April!

I called Dra Duran's office early this morning and I was booked for April 21. Only thing is I wanted a sooner date... FYI for your information ladies, she's unable to see who as sent a deposit, so you have to bring papers showing that you did send it.

Booked for sooner date! FEB!!!

So after weeks of call Duran's office I finally got in touch with Elizibeth and she was able to get me a sooner surgery date. I'll going the first week of Feb! I really excited. On the other had I'm a little stressed now. I still have to pay for a recovery house and book a plane ticket those two alone will cost me about $1,200 I saved for my surgery and because of christmas I have to cut back on a lot to make sure I have enough. I already told my friends I'm not going any where... lol But it will be worth it. I'm just happy I was able to get a sooner date with Duran. It was just between her and Yily, and I'm positive I made the right choice for me. Not to speak bad about anyone but as far as Yily, I just heard to many bad things about her and her service and attitude. She does to good work though... I can honestly say I don't remember reading anything bad about Duran... so in this case the good out weighs the bad.

Now I need a surgery buddy.... First week of Febuary.

After talking with my husband, It would be cheaper for me to go alone... not only that but he doesn't have his passport, and he won't be able to get one within 3 weeks. Also I don't have anyone to watch my daughter. So If there's anyone that is having surgery with Duran or anyone who needs a buddy let me know. I want to stay at Yasmine's recovery house. It's not as nice as others but I read a lot of reviews and there wasn't to many from her and I wasn't impressed by the others. I'm not looking for marble counters and flat screens I'm looking for service I can trust and feel at home. So ladies if you're reading this let me know asap.

wish pic...

wish pic

Not sure about what recovery house...

Ok... I was reading about Angela’s Recovery House and I one thing I liked is that she has a hook up on massages for $20! I just need more info on prices,... Any help would be appreciated...

4 Days until I leave!!!!

Rushing to get all my stuff together.... making sure I have all the last minute supplies. Pulled out the money I need for the surgery, RH, massages and a little extra on the side :-)

3 years later

I want to apologize for getting my surgery and not updating any of you. Now that I'm back on looking into getting another surgery I thought I'd give an update. As I posted I went to Dra. Duran. She gave me exactly what I wanted! I told her I didn't want any fat let in my stomach and back area and she did just that. My waist went down to 27 inches (I've gained weight since). I get compliments all the time and I love how I look. If I could change any thing about my journey is going a lone. It was kinda scary getting to DR later than expected due to a flight delay. I don't speak Spanish and had no way of contacting my doctor or the recovery home. I kind wish my hips started a little lower. If your thinking about going to Duran I would just do it! She's awesome and I trust her and she does really good work. While I was in DR I remember have really bad nerve pain that I thought was chest pain and she came to the hospital late at night to make sure I was ok.

Regrets AFTER surgery:
Not wearing faja long enough. Wear it at least 6 months. I was in a rush to show off my results. If you're still swelling up that means you should still be wearing it.

Working out too soon. I think I was in the gym 2 or 3 months after and I think doing this gave me a few spots that look like fat is missing.

Staying in DR for too long. I was there for 11 days.

Not having the proper pain meds. I feel like a lot of people do this as well. While at the recovery home there was two other girls in a lot of pain because of not having good pain meds. I wouldn't go with the ones they give you in DR. Again this was three years ago so I don't know if they have changed.

Please let me know if there's any other questions.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon