26 YO, No Kids, Single 5'2, 155 LBS - Dominican Republic

So i have been researching for a while and for a...

So i have been researching for a while and for a long time my options for doctors were Dr. Velilla at Evolution MD in Miramar or going to DR and praying Duran replies and my new love Dr. Baez. I've decided to go with Baez because not only did she reply fast, her quote was reasonable and I like how she doesnt exhaust her days doing surgery which could be tiring unless you're a super human. I believe I read that she only does 1-2 surgeries a day, this couldve increased with popularity but i am not sure. I found her on IG and then followed up here on RealSelf. I contacted her via Whatsapp with several questions and she responded within a few hours. My initial questions were in English then i began using my 4 years of spanish class to correspond with her in her native language and i did notice the responses were quicker at that point because I am assuming she didnt need a translator at that time. Idk. But long story short, i am now waiting for her to give me a date so that i can pay my deposit. She only takes cash per my research so i am hoping to pay 80%-90% of it before i board a plane. I do not want to travel with that much cash. As far as Recovery Houses, my friend referred me to Betty Recovery House which she said she loved and was super nice/swanky. I am in the process of contacting them now to see if they have availability. My goal is to have my procedure scheduled for late July/early August. I need to do this before I start my new job.

I asked the doctor to lipo my stomach, back, arms, inner thighs (I am craving a thigh gap, a little space to pair with the new hips i am seeking LOL) and sides of course and my butt is already fairly big especially considering I work for the government and I dont want to look too crazy. But i definitely want my hips rounded out.

Mallol in July :) BBL, Lipo and wanting BA also

Mallol quoted me a price of 2750.00 (3900.00 with recovery house) without breast augmentation

and

4390 with breast augmentation. Im thinking I should get my breast done too. I want small implants, I'm a 34C which i like the size but not too crazy about the shape...I would want to get to a full D without a padding, etc. I am excited

Idk what i want to do...breast or no breast.

Also, please comment if youre going to Mallol in mid or beginning July so we can go through our journey together. :)

I wish Baez would reply back...

Everything is a little up in the air and you can tell i am going crazy...Baez still hasnt replied, i still admire her work but she must be extremely busy now-a-days.

Staying at Betty Recovery House

I got a better deal from the recovery house versus Mallol...I will be getting painkillers from my PCP and I'll buy my own faja's also. I posted the Recovery house quote and the quote from my doctor. I'll save a little bit of money which will go toward my flight of course. Still aiming to finalize everything and keep a July 14th date.

Wish picsssss

Confused/Stressed/Tired of Searching

I dont know what doctor to choose...i emailed Duran several times, Baez never responded after initial chat. I've also emailed Manon, Yily, Contreras and even Cabral. I just want the best work, i want a huge butt, small waist and nice, symmetrical boobs. What is a girl to do. I am still scheduled to have the work done by Mallol on 7/13/2016 and i do like his work. I just dont want to make any mistakes, nor can i afford to.

Started to order initial supplies

Just ordered Boppy pillow, mens wife beaters (tank tops), arnica gel, wipes, disinfectant wipes, lysol spray, water pills, master lock safe, etc...idk but i just spent over $100 on Amazon unfortunately lol

Mallol on 7/13/16!

I am excited...I just finished securing things with Dr. Mallol and my RH which is Betty's. Sent over my flight information to both parties...How much money did you ladies bring to DR? I started packing, im bringing maxi dresses and stretchy one pieces only. I think I only need to purchase things to sleep in...Any tips for me ladies?!?!

I will be arriving in Santo Domingo on Tuesday and my sx is scheduled for Wednesday. I am excited. I wish I could post before pics but I have so many tattoos lol. I'm going to find a creative way to post pics.

Birth Control while getting a BBL

Has anyone actively been on birth control and if so please share in detail which method you were utilizing, etc. thank you! :)

Mallol doll

I will update more later but my experience was great with Mallol. U can get botched surgery, infections anywhere even in the US. Sure we regulate things more and u should always do your research but the doctor and his staff were amazing to me and I hope I progress and only get better. I stressed aggressive lipo with a big butt and hips and that's what I got. Many of the girls in my recovery house think I went to Duran or Cabral because I am so perfectly curvy. So far I am grateful with Mallol did. I will say that the recovery houses could be kept a bit more tidy. I had to Lysol and disinfect very often. It's too many people recovering and healing at once.

Sidebar...

I also think it's difficult to completely rate your results so early post op because your body is still in shock and trying to rebuild itself. You're still sore, swollen, in a foreign country without the comforts of your own home. I had to receive a blood transfusion and I told the doctor to be very careful and even said "I cannot die here" to him. I'm sad that many of you had bad things to say and it now has me down. I will pray for all of you and myself for a speedy recovery and that we get back to the states with good health. I will update soon. But I am completely snatched. And my butt and hips look amazing but I wasn't too big to begin with. I told him to go bigger at the bottom and small at the top because I didn't fly all the way down for mediocre work. Lol

More pure absorb, pineapple juice, water, Lysol and prayers

While in recovery ladies!

Hello, I changed my initial review because it had...

Hello, I changed my initial review because it had my doctor listed as Dra Baez but i went with Dr. Mallol instead! Please see my original posting and feel free to ask me any questions. Dr. Mallol is amazing, my work looks phenomenal and I havent had any complications in the healing stage. I am currently 11 days PO and I am experiencing soreness which I believe is different than pain. I will post pics soon although they wont be up for long.

A few befores and afters

Sorry all, I'm super self concious about putting my pics up and I'm not sure how long I will leave them up. But here's a few before and afters. The pics taken in a restroom with the raised tank top was 2days PO. The faja pic was a week and a day post op.

Traveling to DR for Surgery

Let me just start off by saying, accidents/malpractice/botched surgery can happen ANYWHERE. It can happen in America, Europe, Asia, wherever! My mom had lipo done by a top surgeon at GW Hospital and developed seroma because the doctor told her to avoid wearing a compression garment (faja) and told her massages were unnecessary. Total BS!

For me, it was important to extend my faith in God and trust in Him.

Obviously conduct your research! Choose a doctor that responds to you quickly, if theyre in practice of doing so pre-op, the chances that they'll be there for you post-op are higher IMO. Dr. Mallol checked on me while I was in Santo Domingo at 11:30 PM at night! Whereas other girls at my RH with their "Celebrity doctors" could barely get in contact with their doctor because they were so busy (I'm assuming). Mallol and his staff took excellent care of me, however, in many cases (per the other girls of the RH) the doctors spoke English and the staff/nurses did not so as so many others have said before me....MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A TRANSLATOR APP ON HAND. I was lucky enough to be alone in my bedroom at the recovery house. The food was amazing at Betty's, the drivers and nurses were incredible and 90% of their staff that I met spoke good English. I packed Lysol wipes, Lysol bathroom Spray and Lysol disinfecting spray because cleanliness was key for me. I believe many of the infections caught arent from the procedure per se, but more so the aftercare and practices patients adapt once they leave the hospital/clinic. I lysol'd even after I used the restroom! I didnt want to get sick down in DR! LOL here i am 12 days PO and loving my results and I rep for my doctor HARD because he took care of me. He is the best, hands down. I wouldnt select another doctor or recovery house. I thank God I made the choice that is right FOR ME! Dont be scared, frightened or deterred.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

Amazing doctor! Excellent bedside manner! Even texted me to check on my at 11:30 pm after my procedure!