Tummy Tuck, MR, Liposuction, BBL - Dominican Republic, DO

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I have been researching Plastic Surgeons for the...

I have been researching Plastic Surgeons for the past two years. After the birth of my children my body was a wreck! Although I am afraid to go overseas, I love the results the Dominican Republic doctors deliver. I emailed and whatsapp'ed Dra. Duran, Dr. Cabral and Dra. Yily on 9/2/16. I told each doctor the procedures I wanted, only Yily has responded; she responded via email on 9/3 and responded on Whatsapp later that same day.
The email I received from Sasha, Dra. Yily’s assistant was very thorough and I became confident in my decision. I responded to the email and said I wanted to do a Tummy Tuck, Lipo and BBL. I inquired about available dates. Since I got a response via Whatsapp later that evening I noticed it was quicker to get a response via whatsapp with Dra. Yily directly. Dra. Yily let me know what dates were available and I let her know I was ready to make my deposit. She sent over the wire information but I thought it was the same information as what was in the email I got from Sasha. WRONG! I should have used the information I got on Whatsapp from Yily for my wire.
Now, I have to wait on Sasha to respond to my email to confirm my deposit and appointment. Since my initial email to Sasha on 9/2/16, Sasha replied in less than 24 hours on 9/3/16....I have since made my deposit on 9/6/16 (based on information I got from Dra. Yily via Whatsapp) and I am still waiting. I asked Dra. Yily via whatsapp to remind Sasha to check her email. I am concerned because I have sent my money and I do not have a confirmed surgery date. Its only been a couple days so I hope Sasha responds to me soon.

Deposit paid, getting ready!

So after some waiting, I got my confirmation email from Sasha/Yily and I'm booked for May 17th 2017. I'll be staying at the Luxury RH. I'm stalking plane tickets (using Hopper) trying to get a deal and I'm contimplating coming back first class. I was initially going to take my mother but the more I think about it, I think I'm going to go by myself.

I've been reading every review I can find about Dra. Yily and at times I get scared from various reviews that aren't so good but then again there are several reviews that are good, with pictures to prove it.

I think what scares me most is this iron level requirement. I don't want to get down there and be told my iron levels are too low so I've started taking Vitron C, Folic Acid and B12 8 MONTHS in advance.

So far, I'm sticking with Yily because all the doctors I read about in the DR have had their share of "botched" work. I'm going to continue to pray that everything works out for the best.

I have Faja questions, idk what size is best and I'm wondering about checking a bag or just carrying a carry on. Seems like I don't really have to carry a lot of stuff. I'm really concerned about carrying such a large amount of cash. It seems like no one really talks about how they carry all this money down there and what precautions they take. I asked Sasha about this because I read one girl said she got robbed. Sasha assured me that the RH has security.

In the meantime I'm working on dropping this weight. I'm down to 185, going to be around 160 when I get to the DR in May. I posted some before pics for you guys.

Switching to Dra. Fatima Almonte?

Something about Dra. Almonte has me more at ease. I'd hate to lose my deposit but I would rather a doctor who could tell me how many surgeries per day they had. I know is none of my business, but I would rather be 1 of 3 patients rather than 1 of 6 patients for the day. Another thing I like about Dra. Almonte is that I can pay in full from the US. I'm really hesitant on traveling with $6k+ dollars in cash on me to the DR. My original date with Yily is available with Almonte so there won't be major changes if I switch.

Nope NOT switching doctors- Ticket bought

I bought my ticket....

Now I am going to start little by little buying my supplies. I don't plan on buying much since I already have the clothes, I just need to focus on the medical supplies. I hope to fit everything in one carry-on since I don't want to pack heavy.

Packing...

I leave for the DR in 3 months. I started packing this morning. I am trying to make this suitcase as light as possible. I'm only carrying a carry on. I'm putting Maxi dresses, wife beaters/tank tops, flip flops, deodorant, baby wipes.... I'm not going to overdo it. March 2017 will be here before I know it!

Getting Cold Feet.....?

So I leave in a little over 2 weeks and I am starting to get scared out of my mind. Like, am I being selfish for doing this. Anyway, I've already came this far so I might as well just stick with it. Any of you dolls get cold feet?

4 days until I leave!

.....and I'm stressed out. I'm 2 lbs overweight. 2 pounds isn't a lot but since I'm hearing I need to have a BMI UNDER 35 I'm worried. I'm especially worried because there are a bunch of dolls that were all of a sudden an inch shorter or 2 pounds heavier. It seems like the days of going to another doc if one doctor sends you home are over. Well, I'm drinking water, drinking tea, eating very little, nothing after 7pm, trying to get this weight off. Wish me luck.

On the plane

I'm enjoying route to the Dominican Republic to see Dra. Yily!! Only thing is idk where I'm headed to get my labs today. I haven't heard anything from their office. I have a connecting flight so I'll call the office to find out.

Bmi....?

So this morning I weighed in at 187lbs and I'm 5'2. That would put my bmi under 35. I'll update on what my weight and height are in the DR. I'm on a liquid diet until I get on that scale.

Flight, RH, Pre-op, BMI, Surgery, CIPLA

My flight was good no delays, or anything. I flew Jetblue. Upon arrival in the DR, the airport was not at all a madhouse as everyone described. It was actually the fastest I've ever been through customs. I had to have been in the airport for about 15 minutes tops. Most of that 15 minutes was waiting for my bag to come on the conveyor belt. I checked my carry-on Because I didn't want to carry it and opted to carry a backpack rather than a purse. The back pack had so many compartments I felt comfortable putting my money in it.

I opted to stay at Healing Haven RH. Yily assistants didn't tell me where i was to go do pre-op testing. I didn't even realize that I didn't get any "upon arrival" instructions until my driver Shawn asked. Shawn contacted me early in the morning and was tracking my flight as I was in transport. I told Shawn i didn't know and i also told Jueles i didn't know where to go. Within 5 min, jules told me my pre-op would be at Elohim. I only had to wait 5 min for shawns arrival. He picked me up and off to do blood work at elohim we went. We weren't able to do all my pre-op testing because I landed later in the afternoon so I missed my appt with the Cardiologist at CIPLA. I would have to wait until the morning (the day of surgery to see the cardiologist ).

On the day of surgery we arrive at CIPLA around 630am. luis, yily's front desk lady arrived at 7am. I waited for about 10-15 min, to go and speak with her. She made us fill out forms and we paid for our surgery. The Cardiologist arrived and we were off to complete our heart check. The Cardiologist goes over your blood work, and your medical history, she is one of the main check points in your surgery journey. You MUST be honest with her, your life depends on it. She went over my blood work and let me know my Hemo was 13.1 so I was good to go. My heart evaluation went fine and my blood pressure was normal as well. I mentioned to her about my childhood as thma, it was a very long time ago but she made a note about it in my file.

After you get the go ahead from the cardiologist, you are then instructed to admit yourself to the hospital CIPLA. You take all your paper work to another girl that goes over everything and takes your height and weight. This is the BMI part. I'm going to tell you about this in great detail so you'll know what to expect.

BMI - I got weighed the day of my surgery after I paid and got admitted to surgey. I didn't see anyone get turned away. The scale is a regular old school doctor scale it is NOT a fancy digital scale. I was 185lbs and my height is 5'2. You sign more papers at this last check point and then you go and wait for a hospital room.

Now ladies, my surgery was on a Tuesday which meant girls needed to be discharged to go home before I could get a room. This resulted in a two hour wait before we could get a room. As soon as we got a room, almost immediately around 12:30pm, they came for my surgery buddy. All this time i still had not seen Dra. Yily to get marked up. About an hour into my surgery buddy departure Yily walked in and asked me what i wanted. My surgery buddy she was gone for about 3.5 hours and then I was next.

As soon as she was done and wheeled back into the room. The anesthesia doctor introduced himself and told me to take the blue pill. He told me he'd be back in 5 min. He came back in 5 min and together we walked to the operating room. He attached something to my IV in my hand and that's it. I was out and didn't wake up until they wheeled me back into my hospital room.

I didn't sleep much through the night. It was more cat naps that felt like 8 hours. When it was finally morning, they brought us breakfast put us in our faja. They didn't fasten our faja because we had tummy tucks. They also draw your blood again in the morning to check your hemo. Your hemo must be up for you to leave the hospital. Well, my 13.1 hemo dropped to an 8.5. I needed a blood transfusion. My blood didn't arrive until 2pm. I was finally discharged from the hospital around 5pm.

Finally home

There's so much to cover. I don't even know where to start. Ok, I stayed at Healing Haven Recovery House and I throughly enjoyed my stay. The food is great, Shawn the driver is always on time and doesn't miss a beat. The assistance is good and they sincerely care about you. Jueles, the lady of the house, has a wealth of information to share and she has many contacts to get what you need. I am in love with my results! I saw Yily for almost every follow up appointment.

My flight home was was probably the worst part of my whole experience. I thought I was going to have issues going home with my drain but the folks in the DR gave me no problems. By the way, get the wheel chair service and please be prepared to tip. Anyway, my flight ended up being canceled and I had to spend the night in the airport. That was seriously uncomfortable.

I'm home now and my husband gives the best massages, he gets out so much fluid without hurting me.

Anyway, I've posted some before and after pics. They are not photo shopped at all! That is all Yily's work!

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Drain Removal/Seroma

I got my drain removed 15 days post up. It was such a relief! But then came the fear of fibrosis and seromas. I am getting massages regularly but if the holes seal up, there's no where for the fluid to go. My surgery buddy brought my seroma to my attention. When I realized I might have had one, I sent a short video to my RH to ask Jueles if it was as bad as I think it was. That's one of the good things about Healing Haven, I can always reach back and ask for advice. Long story short, I drained my own seroma from my belly. It didn't hurt at all, I drained about 40ml.

Fajas!

So, If there is one thing I wish I would've done I kind of wished I bought two fajas. I bought my Faja from my RH and I bought a size large. My 2nd stage faja is a Fajate so the large I have in that brand is very different from the XL Faja I got from CIPLA (Yily). The Fajate brand material is not as stretchy. Anyway, I called myself taking my first faja, the XL one, to the cleaners to get taken in so it will be tight again. I took it in 2 inches on each side. When I tell you I had two lipo foam boards, a back lipo foam board and TWO towels in that thing and it was STILL too big! I now wish, I would have bought the Medium and Large Faja from my Recovery house. Right now my first FAJA is useless to me. I'm looking for a second faja so that I will have more than one.
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon