Revision rhinoplasty (with rib graft) - Dr Ion, London

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

What I had on my face before my first rhinoplasty...

What I had on my face before my first rhinoplasty was called nose, but for sure it was not one. After op it went from 1 to lets say 5, and it was such a huge improvement for me that I was happiest in the world. However it still bothers me and now I feel mentally ready to try to improve it once more.

Searching revision rhino specialist

So now I am in research for someone I could trust my nose to once again. I spoke to my original surgeon (will not post his name here, I think its enough to know he is from my very small country, where very few rhinoplasties are carried out every year, so no chances for mastering it, however in my opinion he's very good), but he did not feel he could help me further, so I expanded my research worldwide.

And being not so limited financially (fortunately) I am very limited time wise and absolutely cannot afford numerous consultations, even if they are very advised... I decided I could manage 2-3 consultations during this year, with the operation hopefully next autumn... Hopefully.

So.
I contacted almost all the surgeons from my "wish specialist list" via email sending them my pictures and asking if I seemed a good candidate for revision or better leave my nose alone. To be precise, two of them were not in Europe, but simply wanted to hear their valuable opinion. All of them were very kind to respond me and in all of their opinions my nose can be somewhat improved. As one Dr put it-I have good reason to be optimistic. And I am. To a certain extent of course, more optimistic-realistic.

The list I gathered was mainly "inspired" by all kinds of forums as I find them a great source (not that I trust 100% of reviews of course) for finding out the experiences of real people. So if anyone curious I considered
Dr Toriumi in Chicago - quoted ~25000 usd all in for my revision (plus 2-3 weeks stay in US). For now I no longer consider going to US since I feel the follow ups would be a problem to me.
Dr Hosnani in Tehran - his gallery is out of this world. And he specialises in thick skin patients just like me. There must be many more super good rhino specialists in Iran, however I found very few due to lack of English websites. He quoted me 3300 usd full service pack plus ~9 days of hotel seperately. Might need to use ear graft. Spoke about 60% improvement he feels he could deliver.

And my top 3 I found in Europe I feel I want to consult in person:

Dr Trenite in Amsterdam-super experienced, wrote numerous books on rhino, quoted me up to 9000 eur all in (with rib graft most probably).

Dr Robotti in Bergamo Italy - did not give his quote, but from experience of the others it could be ~10-13000 eur (will precise the quote later). He feels he would need to use the rib graft. And he thinks I can be optimistic:) his gallery is fantastic.
Other two revision specialists in Italy I consider are Dr Palma in Milan and Dr Sciuto in Rome. If I would manage to squeeze 3 consultations in one short visit to Italy, I would love to see them as well.

Dr Ion in London - offers 3d imagining, uses innovative operation techniques, part of them invented by him, offers good after care. Already booked a consultation. To be honest my intuition pushes me towards him very much. And being a woman I take it seriously:) if he agrees to take my case and we find a consent, I might stop my research there.

Thats about it for now. I contacted few other revision specialists, all of them fortunately cite the same problems and offer more or less the same solution, which is great.

Will let you know how things proceed.

Good luck in your researches if you are searching and fast healing to those already post op!

Revision Rhinoplasty with Dr Ion, London

After very lengthy research I've chosen Dr Ion to perform my revision rhinoplasty and now all I have to do is wait. 3 months left to go. Not too excited since I know how risky this procedure is, however want to try to improve my nose which still bothers me 10 years after my primary. The main factor why I chose Dr Ion is that he does not abandon his patients if something goes wrong. I'm

Why I chose Dr Ion

If anyone is curious why I've chosen Dr Ion, I can tell that I searched high and low for my surgeon, I've considered many, really, a lot of them, worldwide, I contacted previous patients, researched again, I contacted Drs by email, whatsapp, what not, checked every single review or picture I could find, read every review, positive or negative, and in the end I chose him.

He has sth I call "Dr Ion effect"- every time I see his results I say to myself "boom!" No matter what nose a patient came with, no matter how many procedures he or she had before, the result is boom-straight, boom-defined, boom-cute, boom-good looking nose... This is phenomenal.

Of course, performing over 200 rhinoplasties per year, he has a chance to master it and develop his own signature nose, doesn't he.

He also has outstanding rib grafting skills, they often turn out super good, straight, not bulky, and since he felt I would need one, this is very important to me.

Not only has he good, sometimes fantastic, sometimes - perfect results, but also his results are CONSISTENT. You really CAN expect a good result. Also, his results are often even better than his morphs. Very encouraging. Not to mention that you get to say what you do not like about your nose, and he seeks to do what you ask for, not what he wants.

Of course, I'm aware he has ~15% revision of his own work rate, and anything can happen really-infection, shifting, unexpected healing - we are non in a wonderland, unfortunately, but this brings me to the next point why I chose him.
Dr Ion stands behind his work. If shit happens, he will see you, he will offer you certain solution, he will do something. Even negative reviewers said he saw them asap with their concerns and offered some treatment, not only blamed uneven swelling or healing properties, like so many other top surgeons do. I find this very important.
Another thing I've noticed: in his personal website Dr Ion comments his after results and often states that the patients "after" have "normal nostril show", something about that the noses turn out not too upturned. This makes me think that he has developed his personal operating techniques which allow him to achieve such results. And seeing how many patients of top Drs end up with ms piggy noses, this is another credit to Mr Ion.

One more important point is his absolutely lovely personality. I felt so relieved when he agreed to perform my revision, since he could easily turn me down, as he has so many patients... He is calm, he is confident, you trust him.

Of course, there are many other reasons why I chose him, like his location (London is very easy to reach), his price (very reasonable given his results), his staff (always respond quickly and are very kind), the hospital he works in (I prefer to be operated in hospital, just in case), etc etc.

So I chose him and in 3 months time Dr Ion will perform my revision.

Good luck with your researches!

Morphs by Dr Ion

Here are the pics of my current nose and the morphs Dr Ion made for me. If you take a close look, the bones around my nose are extremely wide (so wide that I cannot wear sun glasses, they do not sit, but slide down immediately-I am pushing them up all the time), so he will try to bring them in. I also have an inverted v and my tip is rather bulbous (more on one side than the other)... The front morph shows more smooth, more defined nose with no inverted v. I really had nothing to add or ask for when I saw it. On the profile my nose is overprojected. I also have congenitally low radix, which makes my nose look even more prominent. Dr Ion proposed to slightly (1-2 mm) augment the bridge and reduce the tip projection by few (3-4?) mm. I thought very long and decided that I like all these changes and sincerely do not know what more could I ask for... Now my hope is (of course) that he delivers THESE results. Or at least very close ones.