FINALLY after 10 years! Septo-Rhinoplasty recovery!! (:

I am 21 years old , engaged with a 10 month old...

I am 21 years old , engaged with a 10 month old daughter ! Tomorrow November 1st will be my very first consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist ( Dr. Spencer Cochran ). He has good reviews and I liked his before and after results a lot !! I have a desired nose in mind! Something feminine and a lot smaller than mine now ! The way my nose used to look before I broke it ! I used to be called all types of names growing up. (Bird names, Pinocchio , Tucan Sam, big nose, etc etc..) it all started when I was 11. Kids used to ask what happened to my nose because a small bump started appearing . They all asked to touch it! And ever since my nose has only gotten bigger and worse !!! And I've also been having breathing issues for about 10 years . Constantly blowing my nose all day long !!! Terrible and gross habit . Hopefully I can have some clue of what I can do to fix this huge issue! My nose is WAY too big for my tiny face , and tissues in every pocket/ purse / room.. is only getting more annoying !!! I pray for the best !! Hopefully I can get it done and feel confident and let my biggest insecurity go!!

My first consultation 11/1/2016

I saw Dr. Spencer Cochran today. He was very polite and answered all my questions !! He showed me the surgery I would need for my very crooked nose and explained it all in perfect detail. He showed me a computer image of the before and after of my nose. And edited my photo to give me the results ( I WANT ) and he did it all right in front of me ! It was amazing to see how he could fix something I thought would be nearly impossible to fix. Dr. C explained that I could choose what I wanted my results to look like. And this was amazing to me, because I didn't think my high hopes and dreams were achievable ! But he reassured me that i could have exactly what I want if not, close enough ! And that made me feel so much better about getting it done . I didn't know how messed up my nose really was until he showed me up close and explained everything wrong with it. He wants to give me a slight slope with an overall smaller nose and that's exactly what I want ! In the next few months I'll set up a surgery date !! :D

How much of my nose needs to be moved !! Shows in the red !!

My nose is red where it's crooked to the right side and needs to be moved to the left to be straightened

Need to figure out how I'm going to afford this.

As of right now I have no insurance and I am a stay at home mom. If only this was free! Lol

Extra photos

Hopefully it won't come fully out of pocket. Cause my pockets are empty . When this isn't just a cosmetic issue, but a health issue.. it becomes more serious to me now than ever

One day

Hopefully I can figure this out. I don't want to wait another day: 10 years is long enough ! X

A dream that could possibly come true

Playing around with some more edits. Because these pictures would be so nice if my nose didn't ruin them :( I can't even imagine what it would be like, to take a picture like this and actually feel good enough to post it.

Wanting it more and more everyday.

It's starting to feel like I won't be getting the surgery. It doesn't seem like I'll be getting the help I need . I cannot afford it on my own. I've been waiting 11 years now.. and I think the years will just continue on and I'll never be able to fix my broken nose . It's so annoying having these breathing problems and strong insecurities but it doesn't feel like that's enough to get anyone's help.

Every edit makes me sad

:( why can't this be real

Thankyou Jesus ! Will actually be getting my nose done on Feb. 22nd!!!

This almost seems fake . Because I never thought I would ever be able to fix my nose. But I was just told the good news and made the surgery appointment ASAP !! I can't believe I'll finally have a normal nose

Rhinoplasty essentials !!

Just purchased a bunch of items to prepare for surgery recovery. I looked at a bunch of reviews and watched tons of YouTube videos just to find the basics. All of them are pretty much the same.
-Eye cold relief ice pack
-dry mouth spray and lozenges
-Vaseline
-arnicareGel
-dulcolax (gentile laxative)
- face wipes
And other things I just wanted to have include
-Comfy Button up shirts
- Easy Take off sport bras
-soft Scunci hair ties
-Boost protein drink ( you won't be able to eat that much and I tend to lose weight fast. Soo protein drink it is !)
-jello

There are tons more foods and drinks I will be buying in a few days ! Like
-ice pops
-ice cream
-soup
-Mashed potatoes
-yogurt
-fruit cups
-Fruit smoothie ingredients
Etc etc..
I am so excited !! It's becoming more real and I can't stop watching videos of rhinoplasty stories ! Soon I will have my own ! :D

Back from surgery !!

Went so well that I have no pain whatsoever ! Just some slight discomfort , but the meds totally help to ignore it and knock me out haha. Pictures are from the day of surgery! On 2/22/17
The results are amazing already !!

First day with cast on pictures !!

Looking super swollen and bruised !

Day 2 with cast ! Pictures

I started a YouTube Channel all about my surgery !!

Search for Samantha Cruz . And it looks like this

More comparison pictures !

Add my on Instagram

For easy access to photos of my recovery xoxo

I have a severely broken nose and deviated septum....

I have a severely broken nose and deviated septum. Causing breathing problems and infections. Also my nose was crooked to the right and became deformed over time and grew extra large !! My doctor was amazing ! He specializes in the nose and really knew what he was doing. He made my nose pretty much as perfect as he possibly could. And even though it's hard to tell right now, it's a 100x better than my old nose. And he even fixed my breathing ! I can breathe and it's been years since I've been able to say that ! This is going to give me confidence that I haven't ever had and change my life completely ! I Thankyou Dr. Cochran and his team for all their hard work and kindness toward me. It means so much and I'm glad I chose him and not any other doctor !!

A couple days after the cast removal

Still bruised and yellow. And my nose is slowly going down in swelling ... and I mean slowly lol

A week after cast off !!

Swelling is going down it's only getting better! But I'm still being patient because it needs 12 months to heal

GOT ELBOWED IN THE FACE TODAY (LITERALLY CRIED SO HARD)

I was extremely emotional after my husband literally Just elbowed me right in the nose 5 minutes ago. It made a loud cracking sound and bled a tiny bit for about a minute. It's okay but it still hurts. I literally was so careful for days and I can't believe this happened. I cried because I waited 10 years to finally feel good about myself and it costs so much money to do so. That I was afraid I was gonna have to deal with being unhappy again and waiting to get another surgery to fix it. I can't believe it happened and I wish I could rewind time and prevent it .

10-11 day difference

The difference in just a little over a week!

A few days of healing , everyday gets better !

It's a slow process but it seriously changed my life already. I sometimes think to myself "oh no someone is looking at you from the side, turn your head so they don't see your nose!!" Then I remember .. "oh yeah!!! My nose from the side right now is my best angle !" It's truly a blessing and I still can't believe I had the chance to get it done. Makes me so happy! I'm still slightly bruised and yellow but it's okay some makeup helps ! Without it I kind of look sickly lol. Super pale and yellow is not a good look on me haha. But it's all worth it for he end result ! Everyone remind yourself to be patient !!! Xoxox
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Amazing sweet people and extremely smart and hardworking surgeon! Knew what he was doing ! And did an amazing Job! So happy I went with him ! Confidence in him, his work and my nose has never left !