Costa Rica (Dr. Lev) Nov 3rd 2016 :: Scheduled for NL, FL, Chin Implant

Hello fellow age fighting warriors! I will be...

Hello fellow age fighting warriors! I will be traveling to Costa Rica for surgery with Dr. Lev on Nov 5 2016 and staying at Verdeza. Wondering if anyone else from this site is planning a trip that time as well. I am a little nervous but I am so busy these days I have little time to think about it. I just need to get in there, get through the pre-opt and get the happy pill or injection the morning of the surgery and from there I'll be home free.

Before Pictures

First Post surg pictures and thoughts

Surgery was Thursday morning it is now Sunday afternoon. I saw Dr. Lev yesterday and he removed the "helmet" but re-wrapped me with a tight bandage that I was able to take off today and wash my hair. So much better to finally have that tight bandage off. I am still not able to chew; I can’t seem to get my teeth to line up but this is normal. I think my stiches look great. All of the staff at Verdeza say Dr. Lev is known for his meticulous stitching. Very swollen in these pictures.
A couple of suggestions make sure you have a definite plan on your pain medication at your post op appointment. Dr. Lev had me on 1-2 Tramaset every 8 hours. Plus 1 Enomtyum every 8 hours. Both are for pain. I found it very difficult to wait 8 hours. The recommendation is to start with two tablets of Tramaset and Verdeza only gave me one so I was behind from the start which is never good. I researched and found out I can take it every 6 hours. I thought it would be better to take one every 6 hours instead of waiting to take 2 every 8. I had a very difficult time explaining this to the nurse at Verdeza. I finally convinced her to let me take care of my meds myself as I had written everything down and would be careful with dosing. I also discovered that Tramaset makes my legs jump so sleeping was difficult. What saved me is that I brought with me some Ativan for sleeping and some Hydrocodon that Dr. Lev said I could switch to. Now that I have the best pain meds for me I am not in any pain just uncomfortable, sore and nauseated. I brought some Peppermint oil for the nausea which seems to help. Hope I can cut way back on pain meds by tomorrow.
When I arrived at Verdeza they said one of the patient’s had to stay a few extra days so they were short a room and upgraded me to a deluxe room (at no extra cost) for the first 4 nights then transferred me to the standard room yesterday. The standard room is very nice but it is on the freeway side of the building and is very noisy all night long. If you stay here, ask for the side that is not facing the freeway.

4th day pics

4th day pics

Got the helmet off and hair washed! baby steps

6th day post pictures

These pictures are from yesterday 6th day post surgery. I am trying to wean off the narchotics and only took 2 hydrcodine yesterday 8 hours in between but had to take 2 more in the evening as the pain increased. My ears bothered me all day. The staples were also bothering me. I tried some cold gel packs on the staples and that seemed to help. Hope today will be better pain wise.
Now look at this chin! Does it look too big for my face? I feel like I have a cross between Rene Russo and Jay Leno's chin! I know I am still swollen but every time I pass the mirror I am a little shocked by the image. Please honest opinion, isn't it a little big? Masculine? I am staying positive and deciding that I will get used to it and love it in time. But I would like to hear honest opinions.

Before and after side by side post surgery day 9

Costa Rica Plastic Surgeon

I can't say enough good about Dr. Lev. I have looked at a lot of pictures on this site and I feel sorry for some of the people whose doctors did not seem skilled enough to hide the stitches and the stitches are bulky and irregular, that is going to leave nasty scars. Dr. Lev is very skilled in stich placement and application. It takes the surgeon more time but is worth it for the patient's results. And I honesty believe Dr. Lev cares about the patient and takes pride in his work. Add that to his 28 years of experience and you have a surgeon that consistently produces great results.