Why did I wait so long for my perfect lips? Juvederm XC Ultra

I had lips and first Kybella session done this...

I had lips and first Kybella session done this past week (more to come on Kybella.)

I have also been on the hunt for a product that makes my lips more proportional to my other facial features. I have very large eyes, a round button nose, and very dramatic features (long eyelashes, strong brow) so I wanted to balance out my face with larger lips. I love my natural shape which i would describe as traditional lip shape (although I love unique shapes on other people.) I have a larger bottom lip than top. Anyways, after perusing every site I could to figure out what really works for bigger lips I finally considered lip injections. I booked an appointment, hastily, as I though I might feel weird about having something "fake" on my face. But then I though about make-up and fake lashes, push-up bras, spanx; and realized lip injections weren't much different than that. I treated myself to an appointment after doing extensive research on options in my city (Columbus, OH) and I settled on Juvly, it was a wonderful and pretty painless experience for lips (minor pain the first night after AMAZING numbing cream wore off.) And OMG IF MY LIPS DONT LOOK AMAZING. Seriously, these are the lips I was supposed to be born with. The lips I spent thousands of dollars to try to emulate with makeup and tingly lip glosses. The only question I have is why did I wait so long?

Note: I had assumed they would use Juvederm on me but I let her choose which option. She chose Juvederm Ultra and I love the results.

Reaction: When she Injected my top lip I bruised almost immediately on the right side. She mentioned that I would definitely have a bruise and swelling afterward. I purposely took Friday off work (+ weekend) to prepare for that reaction as I bruise very easily and have sensitive skin. She texted me after I left to make sure I was doing okay because she doesn't see people bruise that quickly. I responded with photo and she reassured me it was fine and it was! About 24 hours later bruising and swelling was minimal. 48 hours later and it's gone. I'm in love with my lips!

Update- bruising mostly gone one tiny swollen bump -Nonetheless love them!

Sorry for potato quality but I love my lips! No duck lips or weird outward pockets of filler on profile. I will post a before and after smile photo and profile photo too when I have some makeup on so it's more in sync with before. They look so natural not a single person (even close family) has noticed. For the first two days back to work I took opportunity to try fun lipstick colors! Now no need because bruising is gone.

Ignore the post glycolic peel redness face (on treatments for hyperpigmentatio now cystic acne) and Kybella swelling compression garment I'm trying in the photo.

More of a side view.

Smile lips look great and normal! No swelling and I have an upper lip when I smile!

See above. Wonderful, patient, understood my desire and delivered. Followed up on me and treated me with respect!