2 Years Post Op- BOTCHED! - Columbus, OH

After doing very little research and rushing of...

After doing very little research and rushing of sorts, I decided to devote my time, money, and body into Dr. Shah for a buttock augmentation. I was young at the time (20, currently 22) and naive. Please- don't make the same mistake as I did. Do your research, find a doctor whose speciality is the surgery you're interested in. I don't even know where to begin... But here it goes.

First time at the office for my consultation, everything went OK. Staff was friendly, Dr. Shah was friendly. HOWEVER, the total amount of time for a simple consultation (getting measurements and pricing) took TWO hours! 1.5 hours of sitting in the waiting room, half an hour for the actual consultation itself. I'm a patient person, but my ride wasn't too happy with that.

A month afterwards was my surgery date. There wasn't too much pain, just soreness. I couldn't sit. It was quite funny laying on my tummy in the backseat though. My boyfriend took photos of post op and it looked really good! I was happy with my results.

Follow up appointment #1 - things were looking good and I was healing fine. My ass looked phenomenal and I was happy.

Then, things took a big turn.

There was a leakage from the incision scars. I had to revisit Dr. Shah immediately and go under emergency surgery. The surgery was for the removal of the implants, sterilization and replacement of the implant because once it's exposed to air, it's infected. This happened a few weeks after the surgery while I was STILL in recovery!

My poor skin couldn't handle all the cutting up and restitching, therefore not healing properly and left a giant HOLE where the incision was! I had a second butthole essentially! My skin stayed like this for weeks and I endured the WORST PAIN of my entire life. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. It was a pain words can't describe. Like the feeling of getting your skin ripped apart... But worse. The pain killers didn't help the pain at ALL. I went back to Dr. Shah to put an end to this. Me, being stubborn and not wanting to feel like I spent over $9000 to waste, I wanted to keep an implant because it was mostly the right side that wasn't healing properly. So we settled on the removal of one implant and kept the other one in.
He said, come back in 6 months when your skin has healed properly and I will put the other implant back in. I am a very busy person and I didn't have time for that, but one year later I decided to give the office a call again. I was emailed a quote to get the other implant placed back in. $2800. Are you serious? I deserve a refund for what they did to my body not pay more for the same doctor who f***ed it up in the first place!
Time goes on, other implant still in for almost 2 years now. It's OK but it definitely looks and feels like an implant.
I have given up on trying to contact Dr. Shah's office, and moved on to better plans. I'm currently visiting Miami to see a doctor who specializes in butts, and finally putting the nail in the coffin to get my implant removed following a BBL.

Please, do your research! I will post one photo currently (11/20/2015) of what it looks like right now. It's very personal to me and my biggest insecurity, so please be easy.
Talk about a half-assed job, huh?
Columbus Plastic Surgeon