305cc to 450cc after breastfeeding! - Chicago, IL

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews
Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Hi, Everyone! I am 40 year old mother of two...

Hi, Everyone! I am 40 year old mother of two munchkins--3 and 10 months :) I started off as a 32a (seriously like non-existent!) and I had always wanted to get them done so about 7 years ago I finally did but was nervous that they would be too obvious and I went conservative with 305cc silicone under the muscle. I saw Dr Horn in Chicago. I really liked them but almost immediately I wished I had gone bigger. I had zero cleavage without a pushup/padded bra and to get the look I wanted I found myself never leaving the house without pushups! Fast forward to now and I have breastfed both my munchkins and now my breasts have lost volume and I am beyond ready to get them redone! I am petite (5'4 and 115 pounds) and want to have a natural but full look. I don't want to have to wear a bunch of padding to look like I have boobs and I want cleavage and am hoping to get rid of the big gap I have between my breasts (I can fit like 4 fingers between them!). I have a consult with my old doctor on Saturday(Dr Horn--but I have read a few negative reviews lately and I am not sure about him now) and a consult with a new doc (Dr Patel) this Thursday. I am thinking 350? 375? But I don't want them to be too big. Do you think that would work on my frame? I am hoping for a 32dd when I am done! I am putting a pic of what I look like now (but I think the pic is more flattering than what I actually am). What do you ladies think about size? any suggestions on profile? round or anatomical?

Before pics

Here is what I look like without a bra in a tank top. Even with a BA I look practically flat. It sucks!

With bra

This is what I look like with major push up/padding. I want to look like this--probably a little bigger without a padded bra. How big do you think I need?

Had a consult! 485?

So I had a consult with dr horn today and he recommended at least a 150cc increase to see a difference. I tried on 445 and 485 and I definitely liked the 485 better. I also tried on 525 and the girl thought it would be too wide on me. He recommended natrelle mod plus profile to give me cleavage. What do you all think?

500 or 550???

Holy crap you guys! So I just had another consult and this doc recommended 550 or 500 mentor mod plus. He also wants to do a pocket revision cause he said that they are too far in my armpit and that's why I have such a space between my breasts. I liked the look with sizers of 550 but that seems so big!!! He said it would get me to a 32dd. What do you guys think? I don't know who to go with. Any advice is super appreciated!

Just had my preop!! 450/475!

So I just had my preop appointment!!! Surgery is scheduled for dec 14--I can't wait! So after trying on sizes again we decided on 450/475 mentor mod plus. I'm hoping for a really full D without being over the top so I can still wear all my small and xs tops and little dresses. Dr patel seemed to think this size would give me the opportunity that dress them up or play them down depending on the situation. What do you all think? Anyone have these sizes?? How have you liked it?? Can't wait to hear from you all!

Picking up kids??

So my one year old weighs 20 pounds and wants me to carry her all the time. How long did you go before picking up your kids? I can't go 4-6 weeks?! How do I get her out of her car seat when I take her to school or in and out of her crib? How long did you go? What did you do?

One more week! Still wondering about size!

So I had chosen 450/475 but I'm getting nervous that it will be too big. I don't want to be too big or look too too heavy. Even though I'm petite and a 32a I have a big bwd at about 15 so I have plenty of room but I want to be able to wear all my small and xs tops and not buy new clothes. I'm wondering if I should call my PS and tell him 425/450 instead. I know it's not a huge difference. I just don't know! Thoughts? Suggestions?

Surgery went well!

Today was the day!! Dr Patel put in 450 in each breast. Other than being tired and a bit out of it, I feel good. I'm wrapped up in an ace bandage so I have no idea what they look like. I'm dying to see them!! Post op is on Friday :) anyone else just go through the surgery ?

2 days post and looking small :(

So the doc took off my bandages and I feel like they look smaller than what I started with! He told me to patient and that they will get bigger so I'm trying not to freak out. Anyone feel small right after and then they got bigger ?? I'll post a pic in clothes too so you can see how flat I am right now. I went 150cc bigger so the doc said I should gain a cup and a half. Thoughts???

Three days

So I'm three days post--not much different and trying not to be sad that I went too small. Praying they get bigger as time goes on. But today I can shower!! And I am SO excited about that. Now if only that miralax would work! Lol

Six days post! Softening a bit

Here they are are six days post. Are they looking bigger? The left is definitely bigger than the right. Doc was supposed to put in two different sizes but he didn't--not sure why. I was too out if it at my first post op to ask.

Eight days out!

Here they are eight days. I can't believe how much they have changed already.

Day 15!

So yesterday I had my two week post op and dr patel said everything is looking good. I expressed my concern for the size and He of course told me to be patient and that they would get bigger when they drop. Fingers and toes crossed! He did say that if at six weeks when I go back if I'm still unhappy he has a couple ideas. What those are I have no idea ?! I can tell they are softening though. And I love the coobie!! So comfortable and it has that lining in there to hide the nipples in clothes.

Holy crap!!! 32ddd!!!!

So I finally decided to go to Vic secret to get a wireless bra and try some on. I am 25 days post and you all know I've been thinking I'm small. Can I just tell you how much better they look in a bra?!? What do you all think? Should I have gone 500 or does this look good??

Six weeks!

So I am six weeks post and they have definitely softened but still have a lot of dropping and fluffing to do and hopefully they will even out more too. They look great in bras but still small in clothes without a bra so still just being patient! When did you all start wearing wire bras? My PS said I could now if I wanted but it is best if you wait to 12 weeks to wear them daily.

How long did they take to even out?

Here they are from various angles. The left is still higher but overall feeling better about them. They still look small in clothes without a bra but am still a 32ddd! Went again to VS and the 32dd was too small in the cup. Did anyone else have one boob that took longer to drop? My left is still higher so they look a bit lopsided. How long did it take for yours to even out? Thanks all!!

Thought the left one was high! Procedures to release muscle/pocket!

So my doc did a procedure on Saturday because my left one was not dropping. He went in and released the muscle to allow the implant to go into the pocket better. It was in office under local. It already looks awesome! I love it and it looks so much bigger! But now the right looks much smaller and s different shape. It's even noticeable in clothes. Do you think the right just needs to drop more and they will even out?? I'm 3 and a half months. Anyone else go through something similar? Any feedback is appreciated!
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr Patel and his staff. Everyone in the office is so kind, professional and truly cares about you as a person. Any question I have, Dr Patel is always patient and answers all questions and has taken the time to offer me numerous consultations and follow-ups. Michelle is also amazing and I highly recommend her! Jen is so sweet, caring, and kind. Thank you to the entire staff!