28yo, 5'6, 135lbs, 350cc Moderate Plus - Chicago, IL

I have been obsessively researching breast...

I have been obsessively researching breast augmentation for weeks now, including poring over everyone's reviews here on RealSelf, so I decided to start up a review of my own. I'M GETTING BOOBIES!!! I have wanted to get a boob job for a few years now, but wasn't confident about financing it until recently.

I had my first consultation two weeks ago with Dr. Lorri Cobbins. I was immediately at ease with her and she spent a good 45 minutes talking to me about what I wanted out of breast augmentation and then she explained how everything would work. She prefers incision under the breast, implant placed under the muscle, both of which I also prefer. She said recovery should be super easy, so I hope she's right about that!

We talked a bit about profile type, and I was pretty deadset on the moderate plus profile before I even walked in the door, so we settled on the 325cc mod+. Now that I have done more research (probably more research than is actually necessary or healthy), I could see myself being happy with a higher profile implant too (I was thinking the 400cc so that the diameter of the implant stays the same), so that is something I'll have to think about more and talk to my doctor about during my pre-op. Any advice on this decision is more than welcome!

My pre-op is November 3 and my surgery is scheduled for November 18 - SO FAR AWAY! :( I'll be counting down the days and just hoping I can keep my boob obsession under control over the next 90 days.

This is what we're working with...

These are my pre-boobs. I honestly don't mind the shape front on, but they are quite small and don't match my broad hips and big booty.

I'm 5'6" and around 135lbs. I don't know my BWD exactly but I think it's around 12-12.5cm. Considering 325cc mod+ or 375-400cc high profile... I'm trying not to stress about size too much and to just trust my PS will make me look proportional.

Lump in breast

Since I'm just obsessing over boobies and surgery, I thought I'd share a detail from my experience so far in case someone else has a similar "issue".

I discovered a lump in one of my breasts a few years ago. I saw my general practitioner, and she was fairly confident that is was just a cyst and that it would resolve itself in time. About a year later, it still had not gone away, so I talked to my OB-GYN about it when I saw her. She confirmed that it was "probably" just a benign cyst. I never got a formal diagnosis, but I was pretty satisfied that as long as it wasn't changing, that it was perfectly harmless.

I brought up the lump to my PS during my consultation and explained the history. She, being the thorough and caring doctor that she is, immediately wrote me a prescription to get a mammogram or ultrasound. When I went to the breast doctor, they decided that a mammogram was unnecessary, but they performed the ultrasound and were finally able to formally diagnose my little buddy. It is a fibrous mass called a fibroadenoma - completely benign - about 2x2x1cms in my right breast.

Thankfully, this won't prevent me from getting my boobs done! I will need to go back in 6 months for another ultrasound just to ensure that it's not growing or changing, but by then I'll have my perky new boobies!!

Anyway, thought I'd share in case anyone else has a similar experience! Good luck to everyone in their boobie journey!

10 weeks from today!!

Not sure how I am possibly going to wait 10 more weeks for boobies!! I've already read just about everything there is to read about breast augmentation online. :P

I went to Victoria's Secret yesterday just to see what size bra I actually wear right now. I have been exclusively wearing bralettes and sports bras for many, many years, so I didn't even know what my bra size was! I know that Victoria's Secret uses vanity sizing and my size there won't match my size elsewhere, but I was just curious! Anyway, the verdict is 32B! I was actually surprised when I tried on the 32A that it was too small! I've posted a pic of a bra with my current tiny-boobed situation. Such a cute bra!

I'm also attaching pics of my boobie idol - her name is Courtney Knox and her boobies are soooo cute!

Thinking of moving up my date...

November is just entirely too far away! I chose the date because it's right before Thanksgiving and my husband & I will be able to take plenty of time off work. But I really don't want to wait that long.

One thing I'm not looking forward to is missing out on jiu jitsu training. I usually train at least 3 days a week, and I am addicted to it!! But I have recently been having an issue with one of my hands and I'm thinking that, if I have to take time off to let my hand heal, then I may as well get the surgery over with and let my hand and my boobs heal at the same time. :P

The only problem then is that we won't be able to take as much time off. I could probably get away with taking like 2 days off - maybe schedule my surgery for a Thursday and plan on returning to work on Monday. Is that too ambitious?? I could probably arrange to work from home for a few days if necessary.

I'm going to see a doctor on Monday about my hand, and if there is something wrong with it that will keep me from training, I'm just going to call my PS and reschedule for the earliest available date! I seriously can't wait anymore haha!

What do you guys think? Will I be okay to return to work after four days? How many days did it take for you to feel okay being at work?

I'm DOING THIS!!

I just moved up my date!!! HOLY CRAP, it just got real! I'm now scheduled for Friday, September 30! Which means that mean pre-op appointment is TOMORROW. WHOA.

I just decided that I couldn't wait anymore, and since my hand has been hurting and hampering my jiu jitsu training anyway... why not just do it!?

I have already placed 2-3 orders via Amazon for post-op care. I have already tried out two different kinds of silicone nipple covers - my favorite are the Miss Maisie ones, so comfy and soft and the edges didn't come up even after hours of wearing them. I also bought one of those beautiful Danskin front close plunge neckline sports bra. I purchased a size 34C - I hope that fits after my surgery because I really just guessed what I might wear. I have a couple down pillows and a wedge pillow on the way, along with a zip up jacket, pill boxes, a waist leash for walking my dog, and bendy straws. In short, I'm READY!

I'll post tomorrow after my pre-op to detail what happened. But EEEEEE!! I'm getting boobies!! I can't wait!!

Silicone Nipple Cover Smackdown

My PS advised me to buy silicone nipple covers because she does not prescribe a post-op bra, but mostly because it will help protect my nipples when they become hypersensitive post-op. So, I decided to try a couple different kinds to make sure I found the right ones for me - and I did!!

The first kind I tried were the Boob-Eez (found both pairs on Amazon). These were firmer than expected and didn't really conform to my boob very well. The bottom edge started coming up almost immediately because it was so inflexible. You can see in the pictures that it also sort of flattened my boob out! This might be helpful for women who are having a difficult time concealing their nipples??

The second ones I tried are the clear winners. Miss Maisie silicone nipple covers are soft and supple and conform beautifully to the breast. I actually enjoyed wearing these - they felt like they were sort of hugging the nipple area haha. I love these so much that I immediately purchased 2 more pairs because I know I'll be using these frequently! They say that they're reusable up to 50 times... but we'll see about that.

11 days 'til boobies!!!!

Pre-Op Done!!

Went in today for my pre-op appointment with the surgeon!!

I signed all of the consent forms and paid for the surgery right off the bat. Then my husband and I went in and spoke briefly with my surgeon's assistant. She gave me my prescriptions: norco, Motrin, & the antibiotic. I asked if they ever prescribe anything for nausea because I'm very prone to motion sickness, but she told me that the anesthesiologist actually gives you something for nausea via the IV that's being used for the anesthesia.So, I hope that is the case!

I then retried on the implants that I tried on during my consultation. I still really like how the 325cc mod+ implants looked, but I felt compelled to try on the next size up just to say I had covered all of my options - and I ended up loving it! The difference in size is really so minor, so going with the 350s, if I can, makes the most sense. So 350cc Mod+ it is! OMG I CANNOT WAIT!

Then the surgeon came in and we spent 20-30 minutes talking to her and asking questions. I can tell she's super passionate about what she does - I asked her how she opens up the pocket and her eyes lit up with excitement as she explained it too me. She is very easy to talk to, super straight forward. She thinks that recovery should be a relative breeze - they actually advised me that I could go back to work on Monday after getting my surgery on Friday! I guess we'll find out!

My limitations post-surgery will be: no lifting anything over 10 pounds for the first 4-6 weeks, no cardio for the 2 weeks. Nothing else really - she just advised me to listen to my body and not do anything stupid. :P

Oh my god, you guys. I'm SO. RIDICULOUSLY. EXCITED!!! Next Friday cannot get here soon enough!!

So f**king ready!!

Guys, 6 days is so far away!! I'm definitely in "nesting" mode, as I've heard it called. I've made an embarrassing number of Amazon purchases for boobie supplies. So, I think I'm 100% ready!! And so excited!

I picked up my prescriptions yesterday - paid something like $2.73 for all three so that made me happy! I have my bed wedge and pillows ready - I'm a back sleeper for the most part anyway, so I'm not too mad about that requirement! I have some bras that should fit after surgery - a very stretchy, soft Coobie and a mort supportive Danskin sports bra. I've already thought about what I'm going to wear the day of surgery (yep) - comfy sweats that are easy to pull on and off, a zip up hoodie, and some slip on shoes. I bought some cough drops and some stool softeners just in case I need them. I ordered a waist leash so that I could take my dog outside hands free - I don't know if I'm going to use this right away, because I'd still need to be able to pull the leash if my silly dog lunged at something.

I actually just went through a purge of all my clothes as well. I got rid of everything I know won't fit me after the op or that I just know I don't want any more. And I also have a pile of shirts and bras that I am not sure will fit, but I'll try on again after surgery at some point.

I am starting to feel some nerves occasionally. I worry they will be too big or too small or that I'll develop capsular contracture.... blah blah blah. I am pretty good at talking myself down from these fears. I mean, it's not causing me to question my decision in any way - I'm absolutely getting these boobs!! Haha! But I just am hoping everything goes as smoothly as possible and that I don't freak myself out. :P

Friday can't come soon enough!! Good healing to all the new boobies out there!
Chicago Plastic Surgeon