Tummy Tuck W/Inner Thigh Lipo - Keeping It Real! Chevy Chase, MD

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Okay, I'm scared half to death, but so excited. ...

Okay, I'm scared half to death, but so excited. I've wanted a flat tummy and no fire started between my thighs when I walk since I can remember. I work out hard, have a demanding job and two wonderful kids, but I'm about to turn 40 - its time to do this! Genetics and pregnancy did me no justice, so I'm taking the ride to the flat side. Pictures to come soon. All the best to others taking this ride along with me!!!

My Before Pic

This is tough, but you ladies make it easy. Here's my current picture with 2 months until surgery. My goal is to lose 5-10 pounds before my TT. Wish me luck!

Today I take a ride to the flat side

I'm having my tummy tuck and inner thigh lipo this morning and I am just a bag of nerves. I keep questioning myself. Did I get everything done in the house and in preparation for the holidays? Will my kids understand and be okay? Will the pain and downtime be worth it in the end? Am I just too vain? Then I realize, I'm doing something for me. I've wanted a flat tummy as far back as I can remember. It is now in God's hands! Keep me in your prayers ladies.

Post-op Day 2

OMG! This hurts. I'm so tired and sore. Whew - I know it will worth it in the end but geez.

Thank God for my husband who is caring for me and the kids. Better days to come....

Day 5 Post Op

Please take note ladies, this hurts for a while. Today is better than yesterday, but whew! Coughing continues to be killer for me. Thank goodness the drugs knock you out because you sleep through most of it. This will all be worth it in the end, this will all be worth it in the end!

Drain is gone!

I got my drain removed on Wednesday and I couldn't be more excited! Although it was just one, it annoyed me to no end. Things are coming together. I can stand upright, I have an appetite again, and I can stand an sit (from bed or toilet) on my own. Seriously ladies, once you get through the first 3-5 days, things turn around quickly. I still take it super slow though, I do not want to be a statistic. I've been drinking a beer/carrot/sweet potato/banana smoothie in the morning and sodium free soups at night, so swelling has been minimal. Hang in there ladies, this won't last forever!

3 weeks and counting

This has been a crazy ride, but I'm finally starting to see what I've been waiting for. As far as pain, the tummy tuck isn't so bad except for a pulling sensation at the very middle of the scar (it makes me check that nothing pulled apart - but all is well) and an occasional spasm-like pain in the belly. There's still swelling around the incision, but they say that's normal. I've begun to go on "brisk walks" for about two miles and I survived. It feels good to move again. Now on to the lipo...it is still SORE! I did not think the inner thigh lipo would be what bothers me most right now, but it does. It's still a little more swollen than I'd like, but I'm going to be patient. All in all, the new body is bangin'!!! Tomorrow I'm trying the stationary bike - praying that my inner thighs can hang in there. Stay tuned.

Spitting Stitch!

OMG! I was so not ready for the PS to get that stitch out when I went in for a small area of inflammation just now. In my mind, they were just going to give me some antibiotics and send me on my way. Uh, not!!! The PS numbed me (sort of), got that scalpel out, cut it, got tweezers down in there, pulled the stitch out some and snipped - whoa. This sista got light headed! I'm glad to have it taken care of, but that was an experience I was not ready for. Deep breaths.
Dr. Singh

Dr. Singh is a calm presence through this journey. Nicolette is my coordinator and she is just awesome. She's super responsive and friendly. I've only met with Dr. Singh once, but his credentials and demeanor have put me at ease. More to come soon.