Awesome Doctor (And His Entire Team) - Chevy Chase, MD

General Impression: Dr. Naderi is phenomenal. He...

General Impression: Dr. Naderi is phenomenal. He is true professional, brilliant at his work, a beautiful artist as well as a scientist. He is an exemplary surgeon who impeccable in his mannerisms and forthcoming in addressing patients’ concerns. From the time I started searching for doctors for my rhinoplasty till today (two weeks post-surgery), I cannot point at a single instance where he and his staff did not impress me. At every stage of the process, they exceeded my expectations. They epitomize a living case study in management excellence.

Specific Comments:

Dr. Naderi has built a stellar reputation over the years. He is the go-to doctor for rhinoplasty. After having my surgery done by him, I know why. Read the reviews about his work; they illustrate why he is awesome. If you aren’t convinced, go and meet with him. You won’t need to look any further for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Three elements of my experience with him stand out:

First, what truly impressed me about Dr. Naderi was that at no stage did he or his staff make rhinoplasty appear as a service that they were selling. I never felt that I was the customer in the market trying to “buy” a doctor’s time. Instead, he and his team made it clear to me from the onset that this process was a partnership between the patient and the doctor, and that pre-operative and post-operative care by the patient were instrumental in shaping the results from the surgery. This made me feel more engaged and committed to the journey and treat the entire process as something that I played a part in.

Second, I was taken by his honesty. I am convinced that his superb reputation is carefully built on his ability to be honest with his patients and walk them through the different possibilities. He and his staff did not make lofty promises to make me feel good or quickly sign me up for a surgery. They were transparent from the onset. I wasn’t going to have the perfect, flawless nose; I was going to have a much better nose than I did before the surgery. I wasn’t going to look artificial after the surgery; I was going to look a much better version of myself. I wasn’t going to have exactly the nose that the digital imaging showed; I was going to have something very close to that. Such level of honesty really mattered to me and in fact made the difference between him and the other doctors that I visited for consultation. His attitude convinced me that (a) I was not dealing with a businessman, but a doctor who was genuine in his intent and very practical about what he can deliver, and (b) I knew what I was walking into and signing up for. (Side note: he is conservative in his estimates – the results do look better than the pictures.)

Third, the attention to details and the level of professionalism by him and his staff is truly inspiring. I could not find a doctor available in time for my pre-op clearance (this had to be done a couple of weeks before the surgery). No problem, Dr. Naderi’ staff made it happen; they called several clinics and arranged for me to go to a clinic nearby for my pre-op. Another example: I could not collect my medication from the pharmacy in NYC. No problem; they called another pharmacy on my behalf and had the medicines wait for me at a location that would suit my convenience.

Two weeks prior to the surgery and until today, I feel so well prepared. Unlike most patients, I do not have a lot of swelling on my face, nor under my eyes. That’s because I followed their detailed instructions to the hilt.

One final point: I believe a good doctor (there are many!) meets the patients’ expectations and delivers what she/he promised. But, the hallmark of a great doctor goes beyond technical brilliance. It is about engaging with the patient in a way that she/he does not feel like an outsider to the process. It is also about carrying himself in a way that leaves a lasting impression. On these counts, I believe he is a great doctor and a truly nice human being. I wish him and his excellent team all the very best.
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon