Age 47 Female: 4 implants for 6 teeth and bridge for 2 teeth - Cancun, Mexico

Tired of wearing partial (which comes with so many...

Tired of wearing partial (which comes with so many issues for me; cankers, food particles stuck underneath it, bad breath due to food deposits, embarrassing slippage, etc... etc...) and if I am to be honest - sheer vanity! I spent a lot of time choosing the right (I hoped) clinic and settled on this one. I have completed phase one (implant placement) and will return in November for the final phase... I would, without hesitation or reservation, recommend Cancun Ocean Dental. I will be honest - the whole idea of getting this done outside Canada was extremely daunting - and right up until I actually sat in their chair, I was ready to bolt with fear!!! It was so much (for lack of a better term) less traumatic than I thought it would be - provided you follow the instructions of the doctor, of course! The staff certainly make it easy for you... if you go there expecting the palatial offices that you get here at home then you will be sorely disappointed - that being said - here at home you are also paying an exorbitant amount of money for that palatial atmosphere along with the services they provide - while at Cancun Ocean Dental these "same services" are provided at a fraction of the price!!! Seriously - A FRACTION!!! They are a VERY BUSY clinic so expect your appointments to run off schedule and to be sitting for a while as wait times can be rather long - I didn't mind that so much as I found out later, when it was my turn, that they are VERY THOUROUGH and determined to make sure everything is perfect for you - they will not be rushed! You can't get any better than that, can you!? All of that and an awesome vacation destination -- cannot wait to return... What a paradise! I would be glad to answer any questions anyone might have :)

A little more information….

I had 4 upper front implants which will accommodate 6 teeth. The six teeth were extracted years ago and I'd worn a partial for some time and needed a bit of bone graft as well due to bone loss. I am still using my "modified" partial while the implants are healing. Dr. Gavaldon made some changes to my own existing partial in order to accommodate the surgical site while healing. The bridge is for 2 missing teeth in the back bottom left - teeth pulled from when I was a child. I considered implants here as well but due to severe bone loss it would have meant a third trip and I didn't want to commit to that - who knows - maybe I'll change my mind when I go back end of October!! lol The implants are healing very well - no issues at all. Soft food diet for a while but no pain. In fact - after the 2nd day, I didn't need anything for pain at all but everyone is different. Once the final phase is complete - I will post before and after pics.

Sharing the joy :)

I have sang the praises of these guys so much - I wouldn't be surprised if they see a 'spike' of business from my province of Nova Scotia!! Most especially after listening to everyone's experience here locally - compared to mine!! Cost is number one -- crazy, crazy cost here which simply makes it unaffordable to most people. Time is also a factor - the wait times between treatment start and finish is ridiculous! Soooo many appointments when nothing gets done but a quick 'look-see' and "see you in another 3 months".... ugh! The time for my phase 2 is fast approaching and I couldn't be more excited! All this makes a person think -- while Ocean Dental is doing hundreds (if not thousands) of implants on a regular basis and here at home the ratio is considerably less - who has more experience??!! Hmmmm.....

My new smile :)

These are pics of my new and improved smile - could not be happier! Pic 1 was taken 1 day after they were put in, the second (with my daughter) were taken 10 days later.