52 Year Old I Need to Lose This Fat Belly - Brentwood, TN

I met with Andrea today 6/23/15. She was such a...

I met with Andrea today 6/23/15. She was such a sweetheart. Everyone so far has been so sweet and answered all my questions. My procedure was scheduled for July 1, 2015, but when I got back home they called and said they had a cancellation and could do it the very next day. I was so happy for the chance to get it over as soon as possible. I have added a before photo.... I am getting my upper and lower abdomen and love handles done. This is all I have for today. I will update tomorrow after I get home.

The Big Day!!!

Today is the Big day!!! I am nervous and excited. I think I'm more worried about the long drive....traffic through Nashville is terrible. I weighed in this morning at 180 exactly. I had weighed 196 two months ago and I have been dieting, but can't lose this belly. I am having aqualipo and smart lipo. I have been a lot of research the past few days and have read both good and bad about these procedures. It seems for the most part they have been good reviews.

Home from Procedure

I got there early, but didn't have to wait. They took me right back and got stated with things... pictures, vitals and they gave me a shot of demerol and 10mg valium. After I went to the procedure room they gave me shots to numb me. The shots hurt a little, but nothing bad. When I was numb they made 5 small incisions... 3 in front and 2 in back. They waited about 15 minutes for the numbing meds to work, then he started. I can't say it was painless, but again nothing unbearable. It does hurt if they touch a rib and when they are close to your belly button....again, not unbearable pain. They talked and joked with me the whole time and the music was great. First he did the aqualipo, then he did the smart lipo, then the aqualipo again. He removed over 4,000 cc... WOW!!! Everyone there was so amazing. I immediately seen a HUGE difference. When I got home, my husband helped me change my bandages...you will leak. It wasn't that bad. I could tell I had swollen some since I left the office. I was told to expect swelling and bruising so I wasn't surprised or upset. (you will probably need someone to help you change bandages and get back in to your compression garment.) I have included a picture of 3 hours post op. You can see that I have swelling, but nothing bad yet. I am expecting more swelling and bruising as the days go by. So far I am really happy I did this. They gave me a precription for pain medicine, but I'm not going to get it filled. I'm really not that sore. I slept pretty good last night. Just woke up when I needed to roll over, that was a little painful, but not bad... went right back to sleep each time. I will keep you updated with my journey.

Day 2 Post-op

I was still pretty sore last night, but only when I needed to roll over in bed. Today the soreness is only about half what it was yesterday. It feels like I did a few too many sit ups. The swelling has gone down noticeably. The draining stopped yesterday and the incisions are already closed. So, far I think I am going to be very happy with the end results. I used an ice pack once yesterday, that may have helped with the swelling. Since yesterday I have lost 2 1/2 inches around my waist. I am thrilled because I'm only at day 2!!! I have a small amount of bruising, but not really that noticeable. I haven't needed anything for pain. I will post again tomorrow.

Day 3 Post-Op

Still sore, but very bearable. The swelling is going down and I can already see a big difference. I have lost 1 pound since the day of my procedure, which is good because I am still swollen and I weigh less than I did before I had this done. I have been using an icepack at least once a day. This may be helping with the swelling. I am so excited to see what the next week brings. I wasn't expecting to see so much difference this soon, so I am pretty happy!!!

Day 5 Post-Op

A little more swollen today, but I think I did too much this weekend. Still sore, but getting better each day. I can't see much difference since day 3 post-op, but I am swollen. They said I would be swollen for a while so I'm not worried about it.

One week Post=Op

Still sore and swollen. Nothing I wasn't expecting. I'm still happy I had the procedure done. I'm still hoping for great results. I really expect to see some more change in the next couple weeks. I go back for my follow-up in 5 more days. I will see what they say.

Day 12 Post-op

The soreness is getting better. I'm still swollen, but that's to be expected. I went for my post-op visit today. They said I was doing great. So far I am happy with the results. I can't wait to see the final results and get out of this compression garment.

3 weeks Post-Op

It's been 3 weeks and 2 days since my procedure. I'm still a little sore and still have swelling. There are hard lumps on my sides that I hope is just swelling and will go away after more time. I weighed today and I have lost 2 pounds. I wasn't expecting weight loss from the procedure.... just inches. I am happy with the 2 pounds. I'm still wearing my compression garment 23 hours a day and plan to wear if the full 12 weeks as suggested. I'm still excited and hopeful about the results after the 12 weeks. I certainly hope they are better than they are right now.

4 Weeks Post-Op

I really can't see much difference this week. The soreness has really gotten better. I am still swollen.... or at least I hope it's swelling!!! I know it's only been 4 weeks, but I was hoping to see some difference this week. I'm not giving up, they told me it would take at least 6 weeks to see good results and 12 weeks to see full results. I'm going to stay positive.

5 Weeks Post-Op

I can't see much difference since last week.... if any at all. I'm still trying to diet and exercise. Stomach is still hard... swelling I suppose. Still a little tender, but nothing to complain about. I'm keeping the faith that this is NOT my final results.... I'm hoping for better than this.

6 Weeks Post-Op

I'm not posting pictures today because, there is no change. I'm still just a bit sore and have a few numb places still.... more weeks and I can take this compression garment off... I can NOT wait!!! I certainly hope I have better results by then. If I had it to do over, I would have had this done in the winter months. Wearing a bathing suit over the compression garment is not a lot of fun.

7 weeks Post-Op

I went back for my follow up today. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks since the procedure. The pictures they took the day of the surgery and then again today show a much bigger difference than I realized. I am happy, but still hoping the next 5 weeks will bring even better results. 5 more weeks of wearing the compression garment then I'm free.

9 weeks Post-Op

I can't see any difference since the last photos I posted. I have 3 more weeks of wearing the compression garment.... still hoping for more results.

9 Weeks Post-Op

11 Weeks Post-Op

I am pretty happy with the results.... of course, I would love to see even more. They said it would take up to 12 weeks for best results and up to a year for full results. I have 1 more week in the compression garment.... I can NOT wait until I can stop wearing it. I may still wear it for a while during the day, but not at night!!! I want the best results I can get and if wearing it a little longer, just during the day, will help, then I will.
Dr. Trey Emerson

I will meet him tomorrow before the procedure.