44 Yr Old, Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, Bbl - Brazil

I've been researching this for 3-4 years and...

I've been researching this for 3-4 years and finally going for it! My initial intent was to have a tummy tuck with lipo and muscle repair. My surgeon said he only ever does a TT with a combined bbl using fat transfer to maintain symmetry so this ended up being an added bonus at no extra cost. Considering that I have never had a butt this is more and more appealing to me as time goes on! I wanted to have some additional procedures done but my PS said no as the surgery I am having will take approx 4 hours and that risk of complications increases with longer surgeries. My surgery is booked for Dec and I'm both excited and terrified! After a lot of thought and research I have opted to travel to Brazil to have this done. Has anyone else on here traveled here for this or a similar procedure?

Pre-opp photos- 2 months to go

So I have the financial part taken care of, my tickets booked (on points) and my hotel is paid for. I just finished my first marathon which feels great but no matter how much exercise and eating right, I can't get rid of the 'gut' and obviously the stretch marks either! You can see from my pics that my belly button was pretty much turned inside out while I was pregnant with my son (at 18!) so I've never really had a 'normal' torso. PS has indicated that the skin will be pulled down and a new belly button through the new skin. Really hoping I get the results I am expecting in my head :)

test results back today

My family doctor here in Canada agreed to do all of my tests here at no charge. No idea why, but I freaked out for a few minutes before I confessed my intent to have plastic surgery done.... even harder telling her I had decided to travel to Brazil to have it done. Then I got angry at myself for worrying about being judged! Dr was very supportive and had all my stuff done here so I didn't have to pay extra. Chest xray, ultrasound, bloodwork, EKG, bloodwork, the whole deal. Then I spent all of last night with Dr. Google looking up all my results and what they mean. Overall I found out that I'm in great shape :)

Good Decisions

I'm feeling so much better about everything today. Since I'm traveling to Brazil to have this done, I have been obsessively reading everyone posts about traveling abroad and doing this alone. I really just don't want to bring anyone with me. Have told a few close friends but not my family. I got really worried reading posts of everyone saying they were unable to move without help and not even being aware or remembering the first few days after surgery. I spoke with my PS and he suggested that I could stay in the hospital as long as I want at an extra cost (that was ridiculously reasonable!). He also offered to arrange for a nurse to stay with me at my hotel. Ultimately peace of mind is worth it for me to stay in the hospital for at least the first four days as see how things go. Feeling much better about everything today and simply looking forward to this journey!