24 YO Female -acne 10 Years +

I've been suffering from acne for a while. Boy has...

I've been suffering from acne for a while. Boy has it taken a tole on my self esteem. I'm always constantly covering up pimples with makeup.my makeup does cover it to a certain extent but I can't be living behind a shield of makeup anymore. Tried every other option out there and nothing seemed to help. I went to my derm knowing I will be put on this and have researched about it prior to my appointment. I have level 3 grade A acne (I think) Anyways I got a lot of advice and help from this board. Hope I can help someone else out.

First day on accutane

I had to wait a whole week to start my pills because my blood results took longer than expected. Yesterday was my first day on 20mg. I experienced no side effects whatsoever. I have to admit I was scared to take my pills at first. I also took my 2 10mg pills after a big meal. I have a work party coming up on Friday and was thinking if it was okay to have a glass of champagne/ wine. Let me know your opinion. <3

DAY 2-ACCUTANE

Hello everyone,

Just an update on my second day as I did experience side effects. I had a really bad headache that last hours today (until I fell asleep) , it could have a lot to do with stress. I am going to let you guys know if I am getting these headaches everyday and for how long. I have refrained from using Tylenol as I do not want my liver to be negatively effected (I do want to up my dose next month). My lips and eyes are a little on the dry side, but nothing noticeably different. My skin has not changed (baby steps). Just hoping the headaches are just my body getting used to the drug.

DAY 3

Just wanted to let you guys know I did not have any headache today :) I also went to the gym and did feel a lil more tired than usual running... other than that only side effects I am feeling is dry lips. I drank a lot of water today compared to how much I drink regularly. No change in my skin really.. I popped the big pimple on my face. I have tiny small ones. New zit on my back.

DAY 4 &5

Keeping you guys posted, I have noticed my skin breaking out.. it is around that time of the month where is start my period. I have not been drinking as much water as I should be. I will be making up for it in the next couple days because drinking lots of water definitely makes a difference. I have one new cystic pimple and a couple smaller ones. I have a lot of smaller ones on my back and chest.
Side Effects
-Dry, itchy scalp
-Dry lips - manageable
-DRY eyes - it can hurt sometimes and extremely itchy (I also have allergies)
- Slight headache
-few aches in my joints
-skin is drier than normal but nothing noticeably different

I have been using head&shoulders, vaseline and lip gloss for the lips, and eye drops. For the dry skin, I use Dove unscented body wash and Vaseline intensive care unscented lotion.

First week over

So it's day 8.. I have completed one week (wahoo) ... I have noticed a change in my skin it is more sensitive but smoother than usual I did break out a little bit but nothing too under the skin. I forgot to take my pills on day 7 so I had a day break. Symptoms I have noticed so far that is continuous is dry skin, eyes and body aches. I Do workout 5 days a week so that could Contribute to it.. it's been a week and the oil on my skin and hair have noticeably decreased. I got my period and it was really painful and I had no other option but to take Tylenol hope that didn't put too much of a strain on my liver I do want to up my dosage next month.

DAY 11

Updating you guys <3... So i got a huge zit on my eyebrow and a couple on my back .. Side effects are only dry lips for now.. I took my pills without a meal yesterday and had a stomach ache (never doing that again). Overall my skin appearance looks better than at first. I've cut down working out alot because of the body aches. I kinda forget im on accutane now.
Dr- will update later

Very friendly-willing to prescribe accutane on first appointment.