38 Year Old Mother of Three Boys - Bradenton, FL

I have three beautiful boys. They are 6, 8 and 13....

I have three beautiful boys. They are 6, 8 and 13. Although I am more than grateful for these three wonderful children, they sure did a number on my body, especially my oldest. He was ten pounds. I have stretch marks all over my tummy, boobs and butt to prove it. For thirteen years I have hated my body. I am ashamed to be in pictures. I don't like to be seen in public and in any kind of swimsuit. I live in Florida....beaches are all around me and I don't enjoy them the way I could because of my insecurities. I don’t even like my husband to see me naked. My insecurities make intimacy almost non-existent. It is time for a change.

I have begun to take my health very seriously. I have started by losing weight. I am off to a good start, but I want to lose much more. I now have the best incentive to do it. I am going in for my first plastic surgery consultation. It is on September 21st. I am so excited. I am hoping to have the procedure in the first part of January 2017. I will be continuing to work my butt, literally and figuratively, until that time to lose as much weight as possible. Every time I am even tempted to eat unhealthy, I think of the new me. It drives me to power through the hard times.

I have been so appreciative of all the brave ladies I have seen in this community. A week before my consultation, I will begin to post my before pictures and journey to the day of surgery. And then all through the good, the bad and the ugly of the healing process. I want to inspire other ladies the way I have been inspired.

God Bless!

One Week Before Consultation

Today is exactly one week before I go in for my first and hopefully only consultation with a plastic surgeon. I'm hopeful this one will be a perfect fit. Fingers crossed. I've seen so many brave ladies on here. And now its my turn to be brave! LOL! So here are the first pictures of my journey to getting my body back. A bit of a recent background so far........Today I weighed in at 173. Down from 189. My goal is to get down to around 125. I am 5'4". Also, I have been just recently diagnosed with diabetes. My doctor believes I can reverse it....that its pre-diabetes. I'll find out more Friday when I go in for an appointment to start treatment. I'm hoping to have my surgery around the first of the year. Ok....here we go!!

Consultation tomorrow!

I have my mommy makeover consultation tomorrow. I'm down another few pounds from my last post, so I'm happy about that. However, during a routine physical I had blood work done only to find out that I'm pre-diabetic. I'm a little discouraged, but will continue focusing on the weight loss. Not only for my makeover, but to make sure I'm at optimum health for the surgery. I was put on medication to help control blood sugar. On a plus side to that, my doctor added it might also help me lose more weight. I have a bunch of questions for my doctor tomorrow. Hopefully I get all the answers I need to make a decision. I'll update y'all tomorrow with results from my appointment. Until then, God bless!

Sorry I'm so late!

I meant to post on the day I had my consultation. Time got away from me. On a positive note, I have everything lined up and my surgery has been scheduled for 1/12/17. My mom has booked her flight and my finances are all in order. I'm so excited! Having the surgery in January allows more time to lose more weight. I'm finally down under 170. My goal is to try to be somewhere around 140 going in. I'm sure I'll lose a few pounds when they remove the excess weight on my tummy. I've been starting the list of things I know I'll need before and after surgery. My pre-op visit is on 12/14/16. I am sure they will tell me everything else I need then. The consultation went amazingly! Dr. Lacerna and her staff were so sweet. I was on a bit of a time crunch, so the first doctor I saw being so great was such a stress reliever. She answered all my questions and made me feel so comfortable. That's all for now.
God bless!!!

Pre-Op Visit

I had my pre-op visit with my PS yesterday. Dr. Lacerna has the best bedside manner. She and her assistant made me feel so comfortable and were able to answer all my questions. I was given all the prescriptions that need to be filled. I have the packet of instructions for before surgery. They took all my pre-op photos. They also gave me the soap to wash with when I bathe the morning of my surgery. I have less than a month to go! I am adding a couple of pre-surgery photos from last night. I am down to 168 lbs. I would like to get down to 160 before my procedure. Hopefully I can. I have been battling bronchitis for almost three weeks. That has really stalled my weight loss because I can't exercise at all. I could hardly get up to do my normal chores without feeling utterly exhausted. I am much better now.....although not 100%. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can achieve that goal. I expect to post some more pics one last time the night before surgery. Anyhow, Merry Christmas to all you lovely ladies.

Been a long week.

Today is a bit more than a week from when I went in for my surgery. Things were quite bad the first couple of days. For the most part I don't remember them. I do remember not eating very much those days. I had a hard time coming off the effects of the anesthesia. Of course that hurt terribly because my muscles were just stitched back together. Combine that with all the medication I was loopy. The drains, the tightness and having to sleep on my back made me very sleep deprived too. But through A LOT of patience....and tears....things are looking up. My drains came out yesterday so I took my first shower. I hadn't really taken a good look at myself yet before this. It was a bit overwhelming and emotional so I just broke down and wept. My mom has been here to help me and she's been my rock. She keeps me focused on the reasons I wanted to do this. I'm not quite ready to take pictures just yet. Hopefully I can get some posted in the next few days. Things are looking good for the most part. God bless!!!