22 Year Old Had Bad Acne Since Age 15. Bountiful, UT

Started accutane 3 days ago. Had really bad acne...

Started accutane 3 days ago. Had really bad acne since my freshman year of high school (mostly the cystic, not so many blackheads and a few whiteheads here and there) and have been using all kinds of scrubs and herbal remedies (like essential oils), to no avail. Talked to my doctor about accutane and decided to try it. Hoping it works because I am so tired of not feeling good about my skin. I know it will probably get worse before it gets better, just as long as it gets better. So far on day 3, I've noticed more dry skin around my nose and my lips are definitely more dry.

Dosage info

I am currently taking 40 mg once a day

1 week update

Friday marks my first week on accutane and it wasn't too bad at first, but I noticed I have broken out super bad and my lips have been Super dry and cracked. My skin is also a lot more sensitive. I've had to switch toners because the one I was using would make my face super red and burn.

2 week update

It's been 2 weeks and a couple days now and it seems o be working great. Only thing is, the nosebleeds. I've had about 5 now and they are all about 30 minutes long with lots of fast flowing blood. Kinda scary, anyone else have this happen to them??

2 week photos

4 month update

I have been seriously slacking with keeping this updated. This is my 4th month and I have noticed a HUGE difference. My face looks so much better, my lips aren't super dry anymore and no more nosebleeds.
Ogden Dermatologic Surgeon

He was fantastic. Took the time to go over everything I was worried about and definitely comforted me about my doubts.