38 DDD to B cup reduction.

I've wanted a breast reduction for 15 years(or...

I've wanted a breast reduction for 15 years(or more!) Ever since I became a 36DD in high school. Right now I'm currently squeezing in a 38DDD. I've waited until I was done breastfeeding all my children. I'm finally ready to be done with the daily backaches and bad posture. I'm constantly feeling weighed down and im ready to not have to worry about wearing 2 bras everyday! I had my first consult today. It went well. I'm excited. Now I have to wait 4-6 weeks to hear if my insurance will cover it. I'm almost positive that it won't because I have 0 recent documentation, but it's worth a shot. If they deny me then I'll get a low interest loan and pay out of pocket. I don't care, and can't wait to get this surgery! Also I found out it's possible to go down to a B cup,! I am so excited!

Before pics...eek!

OK, so posting these pictures is very hard to do. I'm a modest person, I've never even worn a bikini for crying out loud! But if it helps someone in their journey down the road then I will try to post as much of my journey as possible!

So my nipples are 28 and 29cm from my collarbone. I guess they should be 19-21cm. So it's crazy to think they'll be that high! I've worried about sagging my whole life! I am excited to think about having perky breasts for once! The only time I'm not in a bra is in the shower. I even sleep in one because of all the flopping around! Gravity is not my friend :P My right breast is bigger than my left and I'm self conscious about that. I believe I'll need at least 575 grams from big righty and 485 from the left. My main concerns for this surgery are getting to a B cup, smaller symmetrical areolas and evening up my breasts. Back and shoulder pain are my main concerns, but I am looking forward to the aesthetics as well ;)

I'm told with my breasts the size they are now I'll be getting an anchor incision. The Dr. Feels that will take the most tissue and allow her to give me the size B with the best shape. If I lose weight before surgery and my breasts decrease in size then she may do a lollipop incision. I don't care which she chooses as long as it comes out small, perky, and symmetrical! So that's where I am now, working hard to lose 20lbs before surgery. I'm hoping for a February surgery date, but I can't book it until we know what my insurance is going to do. I'm 95% sure it won't be covered, but it's worth a shot. So now I exercise, eat well, and wait! I'm so excited, I wish I could just book it now!!!

Approved!!!

Insurance approved my reduction!!!! I am so happy and shocked! I had no documentation so I thought I'd be denied for sure! Thank you Jesus:) I'm so excited! Eeek! Time to schedule!!!

Surgery booked!

My surgery is officially booked. 3 months! February 2nd. I have less than 3 months to lose as much weight as i can. I want to be as close to my goal weight as possible. My goal weight is 150 lbs, I'm 5'6 1/2". Currently I need to lose 30 lbs to get there, bit I know that's not realistic. But I want to get as close as possible so my results won't change when I do get there! So now the hard work begins! Fingers crossed that my work will approve my month of February off work! Time to submit time off request:D

Wish pics: my future size! (Hopefully;)

My "wish pics" for what I'm looking to get from this surgery. My main goals, without getting nit picky, are:

1. relief of back pain, better posture, avoid becoming kyphotic as I age!
2. Small areolas and breasts. I asked to be a B cup, which my surgeon is sure she can do.
3. Symmetry of breasts and nipples.

All this research has me worrying about technique-anchor vs vertical, central bus inferior pedicled, projection, boxy boobs, too high areolar complexes, under arm fat, being too big afterwards, being too small, sagginess, scaring etc. But I need to shut off my perfectionist personality for now. It won't be perfect, people aren't perfect. My goal is not perfection. I want small breasts with small nipples, that are pretty symmetrical. Everything else I'm choosing not to obsess over. I'm lucky that I have the means to do this. I'm going to sit back, relax, and trust that my surgeon knows what she's doing. I'm admittedly a control freak.

So my new plan is to research recovery tips and not the procedure. Also, don't watch a video of the procedure...you'll regret it! ;)

Pre op appointment

Had my preop appointment today. I did not need blood work, EKG, or a mammogram. I guess I'm young and healthy enough not to need it :) I signed consents and paid my deductible. I got my pain meds and a Zofran script to fill ahead of time. I got a few sheets of instructions and meds/foods not to eat. I will not be having drains or a catheter (thank God!) I will get IV antibiotics during surgery, but not after. We talked size, full B and areola reduction. I lost about 10lbs since my consultation, but not enough for a lollipop incision. So an anchor incision it will be!

It was a pretty easy visit all in all. Just 2 weeks to go!

Surgery today!

I got to the surgery center today and they got a quick history/checked vitals. They gave me leg compressors to take home to prevent blood clots. They numbed my arm then put an IV in. I got saline fluids, antibiotics, and Tylenol. They gave me 2 anti inflammatory pills as well. I was given Versed to help with nerves and it helped a lot, although I wasn't too nervous. The anesthesiologist came in and did a chest nerve block. They used ultrasound to guide the needle into my pectoral muscles and then injected numbing meds. They said it would last for 8-12 hours.that part was kinda scary and hurt on my dominant right side. They also gave me a nausea patch to wear behind my ear. After that my doctor came in and marked me up. She confirmed that I wanted, "as small as possible but with a good shape." After that they wheeled me back to the OR. They gave me O2 and the anesthesiologist asked if I was ready to go to sleep. I said yes and the next thing I know I woke up in my room. I had a bra and gauze on when I woke up.

I was really nauseou and threw up a little. That was the worst part. I was not intubated, I had a small tube to deliver O2 in the back of my throat, but not down it. My throat feels normal. I stayed there until I could move my head and not want to puke???? they wheeled me to the car and off we went.

Now I'm home resting, I haven't taken any meds yet, but I'm getting sore so I'll take my Norco soon. I'm scared it will make me nauseous so I'm procrastinating ???? I had an English muffin and that's it for the past 24 hours. I was advised to follow the BRAT diet for a few days. I'm sore, but not horrible.

I was told I can shower tomorrow! The surgery took 2 hours. I don't believe she took as much as insurance wanted, but that's OK. I feel pretty small! I'll post a pre shower pic tomorrow!

It buttons!!!????

Day 1 post op

Feeling sore today but not too bad. The nausea is gone. Whenever I get up to walk my incions hurt more. My Norcos are spread out I'm trying to take them when I need them. I was told I could remove the dressings and shower today. I did, and that was a mistake! They hurt so bad without a bra on! They are swollen, especially the left side. That's the most uncomfortable part. All in all it hasn't been too bad yet!!!

Day 3 post op

Yesterday and today I've had no pain pills, just ibuprofen here are there for my sore back and period cramps. ???? laying around for days is no joke! I'm so uncomfortable. I try to get up and walk and do leg exercises so I won't get a blood clot. But most of the time I'm in a recliner or sleeping flat on my back. That's the worst part so far. My incisions have moments of itching, but no pain today or yesterday. I took my first shower on day 1 post op and skipped day 2s shower, because I was afraid it would hurt again. I took a shower today and it was OK, didn't hurt. I prefer to keep the bra on, it's more comfortable. I'm using frozen peas in Ziploc bags to ice them. I can't wait for the swelling to go down. I'm able to put on a tee over my head(did this on day1 post) and wash my own hair. I did not have drains or liposuction, so maybe that helps reduce pain. I'll try to post lots of pics and updates for anyone researching! So far so good!

Day 4

Every now and then I reach too far or stretch a bad way. I'm having a hard time not doing too much. Still no pain, but swollen. The left is slightly more swollen still. Occasionally I get weird zaps on the left outer incision area. Also every now and then I get itchiness along the lower incision line.

Day 5

Today is day 5 post op. I'm still tight and swollen. The bruising is very yellow. I've had a shower almost everyday and my steri-strips are starting to fall off. The incisions are itching. There has been no breast pain or discomfort today. I moved around more today. I got up too early and had to much caffeine so I felt pretty crappy in the afternoon. I felt better after a nap. My anxiety is high. I swear I'm a hypochondriac! I'm paranoid of DVT's and pulmonary embolisms. I keep thinking I'm going to get one. I worry about the left being bigger and the nipple position, even though it's way to early to judge the outcome. Rational me knows this. Besides worrying about every condition under the sun, I'm mentally OK. No post op blues. I am happy with the size and recovery so far. Praying for no infections. I'm trying to take it easy. I did some housework today, heck maybe that's why I felt sick! Lol. My mom is here for this week to help with the kids so I have a little more downtime. My first post op doctor appointment is tomorrow.

Day 8

My incisions are bright red. The strips fell off and revealed angry looking incisions. I am hoping it's just from the shower and not infection starting. They don't hurt but they itch like crazy. The whole breast, both of them, itch. I took a benedryl, to no avail. Now I'm trying frozen peas. The nipples are starting to even out in height. I am happy with the size. Just praying for a smooth recovery!

Day 9

I'm still swollen, the left is a lot more swollen and bruised than the right. The itching is better today than yesterday. They aren't very sore still. No complaints so far.thought I'd share some fresh incisions.

Day 10

My incisions are ridged, bumpy, and red. The nipples are slightly discolored, I suspect due to the bruising. Just keeping an eye on everything! Although since the steri strips came off I don't like looking at my breasts. It gives me anxiety:'(

Healing well

These pics are yesterday's. I'm concerned that my left is noticeably larger than the right, the nipple too. It feels more sore and bruised/swollen. So I'm hoping it's just more swollen still or healing slower. I don't even want to think of a revision yet, I'll be too broke, lol. But...I do want my nipples even. I didn't pay this much, go through all this to still be unhappy. I'm not sure yet want it'll end up like because I feel like the left is more swollen and it definitely could match after all's healed. So I'm gonna try to not worry so much! I'm feeling okay, not doing much still. Still washing with antibacterial soap everyday. Using dressings in my bra, it's more comfortable that having the band on my incisions. Itching is better. Still no pain. I slept kinda towards my side propped up last night. The incisions sometimes get a little sore, but not much. All in all it's going good! Glad I did it!

15 days- milestone?

Zero itching today!!!!! ???????????? I just realized this is the first day I've had no itching or soreness! The swelling seems a little better too. I didn't need to ice! ????

17 days p.o.

I've done a lot more the past few days. I cleaned yesterday, including vacuming and moving chairs, sweeping, etc. Today my left breast is a lot more bruised, or seems to be. It doesn't hurt more, but it looks pretty knarly! The itching is still gone. I'm feeling pretty good, except for the weird bruising! I have an appointment in 2 days so we'll see then.
Dr. Ellen Janetzke

We've only met once, but she listens and is very good at explaining everything. Everything was great at my first consultation. The staff is awesome and timely. I'll provide a more comprehensive review after.