Second Breast Lift with Implant Removal and Replacement - Beverly Hills, CA

After 17 years, I needed another breast lift and I...

After 17 years, I needed another breast lift and I wanted bigger implants. The surgery went fine, but the skin on my left breast I began dying before the blood supply could return, which resulted in an open wound on my left breast for 6 months. I discovered that this occurs in 1% to 4% of women who have secondary breast lifts and is not the fault of the doctor. It is caused because blood vessels are cut during the initial lift, and subsequent lifts are prone to necrosis because more blood vessels have to be cut, but the doctor has no way of knowing where the initial blood vessels were cut. Most people do just fine, but I was one of the 1-4%. After two months, I had to have another surgery, because the wound was spreading, also, the incision around my right breast began opening as well. My left breast became infected, so, unfortunately, due to the infection, he could not close up the wound, but was able to stitch it so it stopped spreading and began healing. I endured 6 months of dressing changes and depression. I was changing the dressing on my left breast twice a day before the second surgery. Viewing the wound during the dressing changes became so depressing that my husband and my daughter had to change my dressings twice a day after the second surgery. Not having to look at the wound really helped me keep a positive attitude and the wound began to heal. I did not look at it again until a month after the second surgery, at which time, it had healed considerably and I could look at without becoming upset. Dr. Motykie and his staff were amazingly supportive, caring and sensitive. I sent photos of my progression each week and Dr. Motykie saw me on a regular basis until both breasts were healed completely. Unfortunately, my left breast had a huge amount of scarring and my right areola was misshapen as well. Dr. Motykie performed a third surgery to clean everything up. My right breast looks almost normal and my left breast looks immensely better. I am waiting to see how well the scars heal and may still need to have scar revision surgery. Although the outcome was not as I intended, my breasts are now young and perky again. I am still working with Dr. Motykie to reduce the scarring and he has also suggested some tattooing to help with my areolas. In conclusion, although I had terrible complications, I am confident that with Dr. Motykie's help, I will achieve my desired outcome eventually. I realize that there are inherent risks in any surgery, and Dr. Motykie and his staff disclosed that these risks to me before I chose to have the surgery. Dr. Motykie is an excellent doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Progression Photos

Here are photos that show my progression from the date of my initial surgery, through 4 weeks after my 3rd surgery. I still have some scarring, but it is much better. I am going to wait for another 6 months to see if the scarring fades, then Dr. Motykie and I are going to discuss either having nipple reconstruction, or tattooing.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I love, love, love Dr. Motykie! He is a fantastic doctor with an excellent "bedside" manner. He made me feel so comfortable, from my consultation through all of my aftercare. He is genuine and caring, something I did not expect from a "Beverly Hills" doctor. I really appreciate the fact that he takes a cautious approach to surgery. I highly recommend him!