Excited & Nervous! - Beverly Hills, CA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I'm a mom of 3. Before kids I was a full 34A. ...

I'm a mom of 3. Before kids I was a full 34A. While nursing I was a very full 34C and now I'm a very deflated 34A. I'm 5 ft tall and 104 lbs. I'm getting 265 cc silicone implants under the muscle in a few weeks. I've been researching breast augmentation for over 6 years and it's finally time to go for it! I'm very excited but extremely nervous! I've never been put under and I'm very worried about nausea and vomiting post surgery. Hoping for an easy recovery. Anyone out there that's had a breast augmentation with Dr. Ghavami? I'd love to hear about your experience!

21 days pre-op and feeling good!

I'm 21 days pre op and feeling surprisingly calm. I'm a very anxious person but I think I feel good about my decision and have the support of my family so I have a calmness that I wasn't expecting to have this close to my surgery day. 21 more days!!! Can't wait to not look like a 12 year old boy anymore! Today I went for my normal 4 mile run... When I run I feel nothing in my chest, no bouncing, no movement, so it'll be weird in a few months to run and have something there. And I'm finally posting some pictures. No naked ones though... Don't know if/when I'll work up the courage to post those. We'll see!

12 days until surgery... Freaking out a little!

Time is flying by. I can't believe I'm only 12 days out. I've been trying to do things around the house. Deep cleaning, decorating for Christmas, etc. I'm staying very busy. I'm feeling excited to do this! I bought a bunch I super comfy bralettes. I'm bringing those with me to my surgery because I believe I don't have to wear my surgical bra all the time after...? Not positive about that, but I'll find out soon enough. And I've been working out like crazy but avoiding any chest workouts. I also started taking my vitamins (drs orders). I'm taking a B-complex and Zinc. I'm avoiding things like garlic, ginger, cayenne pepper... I have a HUGE list of things to avoid so that'll be interesting. I'm still extremely worried about getting sick after surgery. But it seems that with anesthesia these days they are pretty good about keeping you comfortable. We'll see. I find out in 12 short days!

Surgery day!

So today was the big day. I was definitely feeling under the weather on Monday and Tuesday and became extremely stressed about having to postpone my surgery. I researched for hours online and on realself. I decided to head down to Beverly Hills anyway, go to my pre op appointment and see what my doctor said. By Thursday, at my pre op, I was feeling much better... Just the slightest stuffy nose and tickle in my throat. I'm thinking it was allergies? I have no idea, but my doctor said I'd be fine. If I wasn't stuffed up and coughing or running a fever (which I wasn't) then I'd be fine.

So here goes...

Went to my pre op and found out my surgery time had been changed from 9 am to 1 pm. I was soo bummed. I'm the type of girl that needs her food and water. I mean I am pounding water all day, so to go from midnight the night before until 1 pm the next day with no fluids sounded horrible. It kind of was. It really was a mental game. I woke up this morning so thirsty but just had to tell myself I would be okay. Anyway back to the pre op... We discussed size and I decided to stay with 265 ccs. We discussed that my incision would be in the breast crease and that the implant would be under the muscle. I went with Natrelle silicon implants.

So pre op went great besides the WAITING. That was frustrating and hard because I was so nervous. I ended up being there for over 2 hours, with all the waiting and paper work. After that, my mom (she came with me) and I met up with my brother and we went out to dinner, shopped at the mall, and toured UCLA, where he goes to school. I wanted to try and stay up late and sleep in late. I didn't really work out that way though. I tossed and turned until 2:30 am. My heart would start racing. I was so nervous! I finally got about 4 hours of sleep then woke up at 6:30 and stayed in bed all morning, reading and watching movies. I wanted to expend as little energy as possible since I couldn't eat or drink for so long.

We left our hotel room at 12 pm to get it the surgery center by 12:30 pm. I felt weak and lightheaded with no food or water for 12 hours. Got to the surgery center, filled out some paperwork, and waited some more...

They finally took me back to start my IV around 1:15. That went pretty smoothly. Dr. came in around 2 to mark me up and talked to me about the procedure again. They brought me into the OR at about 3 pm or even later. I really don't know. I was so tired I was falling asleep in the pre op room. My anesthesiologist was amazing. She was soo sweet and so smart and I felt really confident about going under after we talked. So she gave me a little somethin' somethin' to relax me and BAM. I woke up to voices. They said "Hi Erin. How do you feel." I said "good". I told them my pain was about a 4 or 5 out of 10. I felt some pressure but less than I expected. I dozed off for a bit longer then they helped me up, got me dressed and wheeled me to my moms car outside.

We drove back to the hotel. It's only a mile away. I made my way up to our room. I was still very drowsy and a little dizzy. I got into bed and fell asleep for about an hour. I got up, did my arm stretches, which hurt at first, but felt good by the fifth one. I ate some chicken broth and saltine crackers, drank some tea, and some Gatorade then my mom and I went for a short walk outside so I could get some fresh air. That felt good, but my boobs got very tight while we were walking so we turned around. Got back to the room, ate some more crackers and half a banana then finally took my 800 mg ibuprofen which I needed at this point. Now I'm in bed. Feeling good. Icing off and on and praying for good sleep! I'll keep posting as they settle and change. But so far I'm sooo happy I went through with this! It's all very surreal!

Surgery day photos...

Forgot to post these. Leaving my bra on for now.

Sorry, one more...

More about surgery...

Also wanted to add... my surgery took about 20 minutes. I did the Flash Recovery Breast Augmentation with Dr. Ghavami. So far, I'd say its living up to its name. I'm only less than 8 hours in but I feel pretty great considering I just had surgery. I'm excited to see how this goes. I'll keep you posted!

7 days post op...

Well, it's been a week. The first two days were the hardest. Getting around wasn't easy but I able to do most things by myself. I drove for the first time on day three and that was not a problem. (I had to get my kids to school.) I took 800 mg ibuprofen (no narcotics) for the first three days. I didn't take anything in day four and five but yesterday, day six, I woke up with horrible morning boob and felt an intense pulling feeling in my sternum. So I took ibuprofen to help that. As I lay here I have that same feeling this morning and I think I'll take some ibuprofen again. So it's pretty much been a roller coaster. I was feelin great on day three and four and not so great on days five and six. Also, my right incisions became very raised and even bled a little (a teeny tiny bit) and that has been a bit painful. I'm going to go in to see my Dr. early next week to make sure my incisions are looking fine and normal. But I'm hoping for some progress in the next week. I know a lot I people notice a huge difference in weeks two and three. So all in all, I haven't had really any pain, mostly just tightness, with is uncomfortable. I'm so glad I did this though. I do really love having boobs. I feel like a woman finally! And so far I'm pleased with the size. Not too big for me and bit too small. We'll see how I feel when they settle.


Sorry for the typos in that last post. I didn't read it before I posted it. Meant to say... "Not too big and not too small."
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

I was very pleased with my consultation. Dr. Ghavami was very straight forward. I felt extremely comfortable with him from the moment he shook my hand. He doesn't like to go too big but likes to keep you looking natural and proportionate. That's exactly what I'm going for. I can't wait to see the outcome!

Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful