23 Years-old, 5'7', 130 Lbs, 300 cc mod+ unders - Beverly Hills, CA

I have been researching plastic surgeons for 2...

I have been researching plastic surgeons for 2 years now. Finally decided to make that first consultation appointment with Dr. Kim and it was great. I expected to want to see more than one doctor before I make my decision, but after talking to him during the consultation combined with all the before and after photos of his results that I've seen I decided to go ahead and book my surgery with him. Big day is in exactly 3 months! I told him I want a natural look and that I am afraid of going too big because of my career. I wasn't decided on a size, profile or incision before I met with him, but after examining me and looking at some pictures of my desired look he recommended me to go with moderate plus silicone in the mid 300 cc's range. That sounds like a lot! Apparently I liked bigger looks that seemed to be moderate profile and some smaller looks that are moderate plus.

Haven't decided on which one to go with, what do you guys think? I am posting some pictures of my current boobies and a few wish pics. I would love to hear about others that went through this and whether you think that moderate or moderate plus is better for what I'm going for. Dr. Kim seemed really confident that it will be a very straight forward procedure and said that my anatomy will make the surgery a very easy one to get natural results. Oh boy I really hope so!
Also apparently one of my nipples points slightly in a different direction than the other, 23 years with them and I had never noticed before taking these pictures haha

Wish Pics

3 weeks to go

I kind of can't believe this is actually happening. I'm getting more and more excited the closer the surgery date is and surprisingly I'm not nervous at all. I feel like last time I updated my wish boobs I wasn't as sure about what I want so I decided to make another post about it. I wrote the number of ccs on each of them so I can show the PS but as I am starting with a little bit more breast tissue I think it's gonna be around 350 mod plus for me, we'll see what dr. Kim says it's best. I have my preop in 3 days.

On the other side

Today I had my surgery! I got to the office at 8:30 am, was instructed to take an emend 2 hours before surgery so I took it at 6:30 am. When I got there I waited for max 5 minutes and the nurse called me to the back. She asked me for a urine sample for a pregnancy test and then gave me my surgery attire to change in. I had to sign a few additional consents and was shown my post op instructions and ways to massage. However I won't be starting massages until next week when I see dr Kim for the first post op. She put my IV in, quick and painless which I really appreciated cause I was kinda more scared of needles than the surgery itself . Saline was cold so my whole arm got pretty cold but she said that's normal. Then dr Kim came in to draw on me, took a look at my pictures agreed that because of the amount of breast tissue that I have around 300 cc would be ideal. I told him that I cared about them looking natural more than size so he said that 300 cc will be perfect for me. He answered some last minute questions and overall made me feel very comfortable about the surgery. Next the anesthesiologist came in and discussed my allergies, answered all my questions and explained how the anesthesia will work. Next the nurse came to take me to the OR (which was freezing btw I shivered the whole time) and placed me on the surgical bed. The anesthesiologist told me he's gonna give me something to relax and that's pretty much last thing I remember.

I woke up in the recovery room with a lot of tightness but no actual pain. I have an embarrassingly low pain threshold so I expected to be in pain the whole time but I wasn't at all. They called my boyfriend to come placed me in a wheelchair and took me to the car. Worst part here was the nausea I was extremely nauseous and groggy. Couldn't even smile or talk. When I got home I finally realized I haven't even taken a look at the girls yet and so I went into the mirror and they are perfect! I haven't taken the bra yet because im not sure I'm supposed to yet but I will ask dr Kim tomorrow if I can open it up just for a peek. But just looking at the sports bra I'm just so happy! I'm uploading a few photos from the morning before and right after surgery was done. Once I get the ok to open up the bra I'll post pictures of updates regularly

Day 1 PO

Today I woke up with a lot of tightness on my chest but not a lot of pain. I have been taking the pain meds religiously though as I am really scared of pain. I have no problem falling asleep (Valium probably helps with that) but I do wake up every hour even if it's night or day. Dr Kim called me today to check up on me, he said I can walk around today and move my arms more. I'm still really tight and sitting in my recliner feels so comfortable that I don't really want to move haha. He said I can take the sports bra off when I shower in 2 days but not before that. I asked if I can take a quick peek and he said yes but that it's very important to keep the girls compressed at all times in the first week especially. I'm attaching a photo of how they look right now and I must say I am really happy already! I really hope I won't get any boob greed but I'm not sure what to expect when they drop and fluff will they look bigger or is this the biggest they'll get?

I'm planning on going to work on Monday (in 2 days) as it's really difficult for me to miss more work. Did anyone manage to go to work so fast with no issues? My job doesn't entail lifting anything over 5 pounds.

I have been researching plastic surgeons for 2...

I have been researching plastic surgeons for 2 years now. Finally decided to make that first consultation appointment with Dr. Kim and it was great. I expected to want to see more than one doctor before I make my decision, but after talking to him during the consultation combined with all the before and after photos of his results that I've seen I decided to go ahead and book my surgery with him. I told him I want a natural look and that I am afraid of going too big because of my career. I wasn't decided on a size, profile or incision before I met with him, but after examining me and looking at some pictures of my desired look he recommended me to go with moderate plus silicone in the mid 300 cc's range. That sounds like a lot! Apparently I liked bigger looks that seemed to be moderate profile and some smaller looks that are moderate plus.

Yesterday I had my surgery! I got to the office at 8:30 am, was instructed to take an emend 2 hours before surgery so I took it at 6:30 am. When I got there I waited for max 5 minutes and the nurse called me to the back. She asked me for a urine sample for a pregnancy test and then gave me my surgery attire to change in. I had to sign a few additional consents and was shown my post op instructions and ways to massage. However I won't be starting massages until next week when I see dr Kim for the first post op. She put my IV in, quick and painless which I really appreciated cause I was kinda more scared of needles than the surgery itself . Saline was cold so my whole arm got pretty cold but she said that's normal. Then dr Kim came in to draw on me, took a look at my pictures agreed that because of the amount of breast tissue that I have around 300 cc would be ideal. I told him that I cared about them looking natural more than size so he said that 300 cc will be perfect for me. He answered some last minute questions and overall made me feel very comfortable about the surgery. Next the anesthesiologist came in and discussed my allergies, answered all my questions and explained how the anesthesia will work. Next the nurse came to take me to the OR (which was freezing btw I shivered the whole time) and placed me on the surgical bed. The anesthesiologist told me he's gonna give me something to relax and that's pretty much last thing I remember. I woke up in the recovery room with a lot of tightness but no actual pain. I have an embarrassingly low pain threshold so I expected to be in pain the whole time but I wasn't at all. They called my boyfriend to come placed me in a wheelchair and took me to the car. Worst part here was the nausea I was extremely nauseous and groggy. Couldn't even smile or talk. When I got home I finally realized I haven't even taken a look at the girls yet and so I went into the mirror and they are perfect! I haven't taken the bra yet because im not sure I'm supposed to yet but I will ask dr Kim tomorrow if I can open it up just for a peek. But just looking at the sports bra I'm just so happy! I'm uploading a few photos from the morning before and right after surgery was done.

Day 2 PO

Last night was the worst so far. I might have had a bad reaction to antibiotics but I had chills the whole night and was in and out of the bathroom every 20 minutes. Which would have been fine if getting up from my very low bed wasn't so hard. Usually my boyfriend pushes my back so it's easier for me to get up but last night I didn't want to wake him so I did everything by myself. I talked to dr Kim and he recommended to stop taking the antibiotics and I've been feeling better today but I still have a constant headache. I'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow and it's not looking very promising. Oh well hopefully tonight will be easier to deal with.

Anyone else had headaches during this time of the recovery?

As for the boobs I am not really seeing any changes, but I'm probably being a little impatient. I just want them to drop and fluff already!

Day 3 PO

Every time I walk I feel like I should be holding my boobs so that they don't fall out. Silly I know but they still feel so foreign to me. I still feel really tired for most of the day. When did you ladies start being back to 100% yourselves after surgery?

Day 4 PO

Today I finally went back to work and while it was a challenge managed to get through 10 hours of it. I am feeling much better but I still feel extremely weak and limited. I just wish I was healed already!!
I feel like my boobs are starting to drop and fluff? Excuse my extreme bloatness I've been like this since the surgery and it doesn't look like it's going down anytime soon. Welp anyways here are some updates, I don't see any differences yet but I wanted to keep posting so that the review is as comprehensive as possible.

Day 6 PO

It's getting easier everyday and while they still don't feel like mine I'm getting more used to having them.

Sleeping on my back every night is a struggle though. I don't know how I'm going to do this for 3 months. Any tips on how to make it more comfortable?

I feel like they are dropping a little! Still a ways to go though...

First post op appointment !

Today I had my one week post op appointment and dr Kim said that everything is healing nicely. I got to see my scars for the first time and I'm really happy with how ridiculously small they are. He said we won't start scar treatment until 3 weeks and that I can comfortably wash them and not be worried about them anymore. He taught me how to massage for at least 15 min a day and mentioned the more the better but I'm not quite sure what the scale is there...I can totally do 30-45 even 1 hour if that's going to help me more but would that be significant? Not sure....

Anyways! I can sleep flat on my back now, hopefully that's going to be more comfortable because sleeping through the night has been by far the biggest challenge out of all of this. Also when does morning boob stop being a thing? I still get that every morning. And when I do lie on my back I sometimes feel the implant sliding around and it's such a weird sensation, does that happen to anyone else? And if it does will it go away with time?

Pics

Video to show softness

Video at 9 days PO, sorry it's so dark
0:37
I actually took this video at 9 days post op but forgot to post it. I feel like they look softer than they feel, cannot wait for them to be nice and squishy.

2 weeks!

It's been 2 weeks since my surgery but honestly it feels like forever ago. I am definitely more used to them now although I am still sore especially on my sides. I thought every day would be a little better but I definitely have a lot of ups and downs. Sometimes it's so easy and comfortable to sleep on my back and sometimes I wake up every other hour. Some days my boobs are more sore than the previous day which is weird, but I am attributing that to nerves waking up? Maybe? Although is surely feels like muscle pain more than anything else...

I massage for around 30 min everyday and I noticed my left breast is much softer than the other one, also less painful. The right one softens up mid-massage but if it's not massaged it's really tight. I am so paranoid about capsular contracture every night I feel like that's why it's so stiff, but I hope it's just me being crazy. It also looks like the left is dropping faster too.

It looks like the swelling has mostly gone down and I'm saying that because they look smaller :(. I really don't want to have boob greed but I was looking at them today and I felt kind of sad. They also still look too round and fake I really hope there's going to be more dropping and fluffing in the next weeks...but other than that I haven't been seeing a lot of changes since my last post. Trying to be more patient with this but it's so hard!

3 weeks!

I went to my 3 week post op yesterday and it went very well dr. Kim said everything is looking great. All the swelling is gone now as you can see my boobs also look much smaller. He said that in time when the skin will adjust to the size of the implant and stretch more they will appear fuller and more natural than they are now. I'm not gonna lie I've been pretty bummed this week seeing how my boobs were getting smaller and smaller and I started having a liiiiitle bit of boob greed. So to make myself feel better I took a look at my pre op boobs and my boob greed went away! I'm excited for them to drop and fluff more they're still much to round for my liking.

I am cleared to start wearing normal bras during the day(even underwire), but I still have to wear a sports bra at night. Which means I finally get to go bra shopping that's soooo exciting ! I went once into a VS briefly and got measured at 34DD but I assume the measurement might me different now

Started scar treatment that I have to apply twice daily for a year. I also asked for how long I should massage and he said that I need to massage 15 minutes daily for 3 months and then just massage briefly everyday after that but it won't have to be for 15 minutes and as strict anymore.

Scars

4 weeks update

It's been 4 weeks since my surgery and I thought I'd provide a little update. My swelling is completely gone and my skin isn't as stretched as it was before but I think I still have a ways to go for the final drop and fluff. I have good days and bad days, j sometimes look at them and absolutely love them and sometimes don't like them at all. They're not perfectly symmetrical which is killing me but hopefully once they drop completely they'll look better.

I finally went bra shopping and bought a few bras at VS. I fit best in a 34D at this point. Underwire bras are still a little uncomfortable and pus up bras are extremely uncomfortable, but I love that I have the option of making them look bigger if I want to. My sports bra that I've been wearing for the past few weeks is so much more comfortable though.

Ever since the surgery I've been having acne on my cleavage area and all of my back. Even one cheek on my face had a few pimples at some point but those went away. I've never had skin problems not even when I was a teenager and my PS said it's because I put my body through a lot of stress, but I hate it so much!! Especially with New Years coming up...has anyone else had this issue and did you do anything to resolve it?

5 week update

Everything is going smoothly I don't really notice differences anymore at least not since week 3 or so. I am feeling almost 100% back to normal the only time I feel them is when I try to push or pull something a little too hard.

Still sleeping on my back, I'm pretty much used to it now but I cannot wait to be able to sleep on my side from time to time. Almost half way there!

I am attaching a photo of my dress for NYE which is a dress I would've never dared to wear before the surgery. My confidence has gone up so much it's crazy and they finally feel like mine now. There's also a full body photo where u can see how I am finally more proportional as I've always had a pretty big butt and almost nothing in the boob department. My butt is still way bigger haha but it feels much more balanced than before.

I still have acne on my back and still a little bit on my cleavage but that's slowly going away. Help!! I am using neutrogena body wash that's for body acne but I don't know what else to do.

All in all I'm really happy with my results. This has definitely been one of the best decisions I've ever made.

video update

video update
0:28
Took a video to show squishiness. They honestly feel so soft and natural I have to try really hard to feel the implant. They're not getting hard at all anymore

A weird fear I have...

I am now 6 weeks post op and everything feels great. I am wearing all kinds of bras, still massaging everyday and sleeping on my back. I don't know if this is too much information but...my fear is getting too carried away when I'm intimate with my boyfriend. He is very excited to play with the new additions in every position possible but while they don't hurt per se I get freaked out when he squishes a little harder or puts any weight on them. Have you ever gone through that and does it go away? I'm not sure for how long I should be extra careful, but having sex is not very fun for me right now because I'm constantly stressed oh I hope I don't harm my implants somehow...

7 weeks!!

I am now 7 weeks post op and feeling great! I don't think my boobs changed much in the pas few weeks, maybe dropped a little more but I don't really see differences. I don't know if this is how they're gonna look like or they're gonna drop even more but I am very happy with the results so far regardless. I will try and make one of those comparison photos soon and see if anything has been happening in the past few weeks.

My boob acne is completely gone the skin looks perfect I am soooo relieved. Still battling a little bit of the back acne but I realized that's probably because I wear a sports bra every night and my skin can't really breathe well. Does anyone have recommendations for some good quality sports bras or certain materials I should be wearing when going to bed?

Here are a few photos, I adore my cleavage, the tank top photos are taken with a lightly padded bra with no push up. I bought some push up bras too but I look way too out there with them so I haven't actually worn any of them outside the house haha

Here's also a scar update, they're looking great I'm still using the scar treatment twice daily as dr Kim instructed
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Doctor Kim was excellent! He is very quick and efficient, knows how to assess what you want and knows what is going to look best on you. Day of surgery he was very reassuring and made me feel comfortable about the whole situation. He called me the day after surgery to see how I am and ask me if I have any questions. He is an artist and I am very happy I decided to go with him.