Lower Eyelid Surgery ... Bye-Bye Bags! - Bay Area, CA

I'm 51 and SO ready to finally get rid of these...

I'm 51 and SO ready to finally get rid of these bags under my eyes that have bothered me since childhood! Curious to hear feedback from any of you who may have feedback/experience with doctors in my area. I've had one consultation with a San Francisco "Top Doctor" here on RealSelf, I am scheduled with another on August 26th, and have one more with an oculoplastic surgeon on August 24th. I am leaning toward the latter for the "delicate touch factor", but I'm in no rush in this decision. I feel like this is THE most important part of the process, so I want to take my time and get as much information as possible before committing. October is my goal in having surgery. Any feedback would be appreciated and welcomed! Thank you! Jacqueline

Today was the day!

After much consideration and consultation, I decided on Rona Silkiss, MD FACS out of Oakland and Walnut Creek, CA for my lower blepharoplasty and skin removal. So far, I'm doing great! Everything went so smoothly, I was treated with the utmost respect by this very professional surgeon; and like a precious jewel by the nurses at her surgery center (Aspen) in Walnut Creek. Dr. Silkiss has done "thousands" of these, and it was obvious in consultation. I'm virtually pain-free, bruising is not too bad, and the swelling has already gone down a lot! Of course, it's only DAY 1, but I'm feeling pretty confident that my research will have paid off.

Au revoir, beauties!

Jac.

One-Week Checkup

Stitches that hadn't yet dissolved were removed, and I was given the ok to try putting contacts in again and use a bit of makeup - BUT NO RUBBING. Me and Dr. Silkiss both very happy so far.

2 Weeks - Very Happy! (Bilateral Lower Blepharoplasty with Skin Removal)

Just thought I'd post an updated photo for those who have asked how I'm doing. Thanks for your kind words. My next follow-up appointment with Dr. Silkiss is in 3 weeks. I'm doing great - aftercare, aftercare, aftercare!

Au revoir,
Jacqueline

4 Weeks Post-Op

Just an update and a photo, with makeup. Photo was actually taken at 26 days on my first day back to work. I'm doing great! My lower lids are still numb, and there is still some deep bruising, easily covered by makeup. (By the way, I am wearing much less makeup now - not feeling the need to TRY to cover up all those bags!) When I look at my before photo here, compared to this one, it makes me so happy. Better every day :)

Au revoir, beauties!

Jac.
Oakland Oculoplastic Surgeon

Outstanding surgeon; warm, professional staff and nurses; top-notch surgical center.