Neck and Jowl Lipo Surgery post-op.

I have a consultation for a Breast Augmentation...

I have a consultation for a Breast Augmentation this Tuesday. During my visit, I was planning on asking them about chin lipo and possibly lipo of the stomach, flanks, bra fat and maybe thighs. I am not 100% sure about the lipo but I want the breast aug.

My concern is that the fat under my chin will only get worse as you can't really "work out" that area too much. I mean there are exercises for the chin I have tried but I don't think this is an area that exercising works out well with. My grandma and mom both have a double chin and jowls! I started to notice my jowls more, too, especially in photos! I'd like to take care of this now at the same time as the BA if possible (if it's not too much more money).

I heard that you can do Ulthera to help with the chin fat but it's expensive and may not work. Also, I read it's painful. If I'm going to pay that much money I might as well do something that definately works. Anyone get Ulthera already and can share their thoughts?

Can anyone who has had this done give me some advice or share their story? Is it worth it? How long was your downtime?

Not sure about expected cost yet as I haven't had consult with PS yet.

Had My Consult - Recommendations By Dr. Gruenwald

I had my consultation with Dr. Gruenwald today. He's close to my work and house so I'm lucky I didn't have to travel far. After discussing my breast augmentation, I asked him about lipo of the stomach and neck. He said I could do some lipo of the stomach if desired but did not recommend lipo for my chin. He said that it was a bad idea as it would leave me with hanging skin on my neck. I was surprised as I thought my neck skin would bounce back because I'm young, and I thought I didn't have much fat there. He recommended a neck lift called a lipectomy. A nurse came in to get me to take before photos in another room. Afterwards I went back to my exam room and got dressed. After that, I went into another office to discuss prices and scheduling. I got four quotes including the neck lift. The neck lift or Submental Lipectomy Platysmaplasty would cost $7,615!!! I was totally shocked!! That was more money than lipo of my stomach and breast aug together!!! I decided not to move forward with this procedure at this time and to do more research!

Take a look at my photo, do you think lipo would help or do you think what Dr. G recommended is best? I'm a little disappointed to hear I may need a neck lift!!!

Had A Second Consult - Recommendations By Dr. Perenack

I wanted to get a second opinion on my neck so I went to Dr. Perenack in Baton Rouge. Actually, I went to see his partner, Dr. Weiler for a breast augmentation consult, and also was able to see Dr. Perenack. He didn't have me on the books for a consult but took time out of his schedule to see me while I was there. I really appreciated this. He was very knowledgable and informative. I felt very comfortable with him because he took his time in expaining things to me. He also personally showed me photos and described what he did during each procedure. Dr. Perenack recommended chin lipo and a little filler called Radiesse instead of a neck lift. He quoted. $4,100 total. The lipo of the chin is cheaper than a neck lift obviously. Dr. Perenack said that my skin is tight enough to get the lipo and that I don't need a neck lift. However, he did say that to help define by jaw line more, I could use the filler Radiesse which is $800 for procedure. That's already included in the $4,100. To be honest, it's more than I thought it would be. Not sure why but I thought it would be closer to $2,000.

Right now my main focus is on my breast. However, I may want the lipo of chin or lipo of body in the future. I really liked Dr. Perenack for the face so I most likely would go with him if I decide to move forward with that.

The prices above include the surgeon's fees/procedure fees (includes operating room fees), anesthsia and garmets. The most expensive part of each quote was the surgeon's fee. This quote is only good for 90 days.

Thanks for seeing me, Dr. P without an appointment!

Neck Front View

This is a photo of my neck from the front w/o me making that double chin look like in the first photo. This is what it typically looks like unless I move my head/neck certain ways.

More Photos of Neck

Sorry - meant to upload these with the last photo. Please see the attached photos of my neck. These were taken more recently.

More Photos of Neck

Still Thinking If This Is For Me

I went ahead and had my breast enlargement surgery with success! I'm very happy so now I'm thinking about my neck and stomach again. They say plastic surgery is addictive. For the stomach, I'm hoping by exercising more and eating better that may help. However, my other family members all have weight in that area as well so not really sure if what I can do will help as maybe it's more genetic. So that leaves the neck. I was hoping to pay off my carecredit card before getting something else. Before my breast enlargement, I paid off my Invisalign fees on it. Then I got the BA. I'm hoping to pay off the card again before I move forward with my next procedure if I get another one. This gives my body time to heal as well as my wallet!

I will keep you posted on if I plan on going to anymore consultations, waiting a while, going through with it or not doing it at all.

Started Working Out At The Gym

I started working out at the gym this week so I'm hoping that I may lose weight not only in my body area but neck, too! We will see how that goes. Will update photos once I have been working out for a month or so. I have only joined the gym this week and went twice so far. No progress yet but that's not expected in two days.

Hate Looking at Photos of Myself

I used to love taking photos and looking back at them to see what I used to and do look like. I now hate it as every time I look I see this ugly, double chin. I'm hoping that with this new "diet" I am trying coupled with exercising that the double chin will lessen or disappear. If not, I need to start saving money for either the chin lipo with filler or the neck lift/Submental Lipectomy Platysmaplasty. Either way, I'm spending at least $5k to get either done. I'm hoping to fix this w/o surgery though if possible with my lifestyle changes. Here's hoping for the best. Only been doing this for about 2-3 weeks so far so no results yet. I will post pics once there is a change (hopefully).

Still wanting to do something about my chin but not sure what yet. Maybe the Biltmore Lift??

I look at photos of myself and love my smile but hate my neck! As I get older, I'm noticing more and more how it is becoming a double chin. When I had my breast aug consultation, I talked to the PS about doing something for my chin but the procedure was too much money for me at that time. I just went with the BA and put it on my Care Credit card. Once I pay off that card, I hope to do something about this chin! I'm not sure what to do though. I saw two different PSs about my chin and they both told me to do two different procedures. Recently, I've been looking at reviews on here and there seems to be one particular one that has great results. The Biltmore lift looks to be successful. Anyone know anything about that?

Comparison photo of my mom at 56 and me at 36

I love my mom dearly; however, I do not love her jowls and double chin. AND I see that I am headed down the same path. They say lots of things are genetic. Maybe this is one of them? As you can see from the photo, I already have a small double chin. My mom has one, too, but hers is a little more advanced. I want to try to prevent this as I think it makes my mom look heavier than she actually is. Maybe I'll talk to her about getting a neck lift together. That would be an awesome bonding experience. I don't think she wants to do anything cosmetic though as I spoke to her about it once before. Here's hoping!

Gained Weight due to Meds - Neck Not Nice

I'm on new medication that has caused me to gain weight quickly. I definitely need to and want to do something about my neck. I took some photos lately and HATED the way it looks!!! I'm very self-conscious about it now. I found out that the doctor who did my boobs who I was considering for my neck is retiring... so I'll have to go with my other options or find someone new. I've been reading reviews on here and it looks like the Biltmore Lift is something I'd consider. I would have to talk to the doctor again about it. I need to save money first or pay down my carecredit account before I move forward with this yet. I'll post more pics soon so you can see what I look like now and why I want to change this look!!

I am 37 and still not liking my double chin

So I'm still thinking about getting either neck lipo or a necklift. I'm 37 now and my neck has not changed for the better. It's not really that bad right now but I know that when I get older it will be. I'm basing this off of how my mother and grandmother's neckskin is. I want to take care of it before it gets worse. I have a consultation to see a doctor on Tuesday.

My consultation today

I had a consultation today with dr. Eberbach in Hudson Florida. The office was very nice and the staff was even nicer. In fact the office was only about 10 minutes from my home. Very convenient. I asked the doctor about my neck and jowls. He feels that I could just get liposuction instead of a neck lift. I got a quote for this and it's only $2,915. He does his surgeries only on Mondays and Wednesdays. I was told it would take a week to recuperate fully. The doctor obviously takes cash and credit including CareCredit. There is a deposit of $500 needed when you schedule your appointment. I did not schedule an appointment as I wanted to do more research first. I feel that this is a decent price for what I'm asking. The doctor said that my skin elasticity was pretty good and that I do not need a neck lift at least not yet. Since it will take a week for me to recuperate, I would have to do this during a holiday or a long weekend. Lots to think about.

Recent photos

The other day I had to take a professional photo for work. They sent me the picture via email for my own personal use if I wanted. When I saw myself in the photo, the only thing I could think about was my neck. From the angle that they took it from and the lighting, it look like my chin went straight into my neck. I don't have that picture to post on here but I took some recent pictures this morning. The more I look at myself in photos, the more it makes me want to get this procedure. The doctor that I saw recently does his operations on Monday and Wednesday. If I scheduled it with him, I would pick a Wednesday and take off Wednesday Thursday Friday so I could recover over the weekend as well. Really just have to take the plunge and make the appointment and pay the deposit. Just figuring out when the best time would be. Also want to do some more research and make sure I'm picking the right doctor.

Surgery Scheduled for Neck and Jowl Lipo

I called Dr. Eberbach's office today and scheduled my surgery for neck and jowl lipo. My pre-op is scheduled for June 7th at 9 a.m. and my surgery day is set for June 29th (time to be disclosed at pre-op). I picked this day as the doctor does surgery on Wednesdays and I could take Thursday and Friday off from work. That Monday is July 4th, which I have off too. This gives me 6 days to recover. I looked up on the internet and it seems that most people do not bruise much for this surgery. I was told if I used Arnica before and after surgery, I will lessen the bruises even more. I'm a little nervous but I want this and it's not my first surgery. Today I had to put down a deposit of $500 to keep my surgery date. That will go toward the total fee. It's non-refundable. I wanted to make a commitment to get this done so hence why I just went for it and scheduled my appointment today. I can't wait to look thinner by just removing some fat from my neck and jowls. i was looking at before and after photos on google and was amazed by almost everyone's results. I'll post more before photos and obviously after photos once I have the surgery. It will be here before I know it as it's already mid to late May.

Before, neck laying down

Just some pictures of how my neck looks when I'm lying down

Just over a month to go

I'm counting down the days until my surgery. I can't wait to have a normal neck. I'm tired of the double chin look I see in photos and in the mirror. A little over a month to go til surgery. My pre-op visit will be very soon though. That's in 12 days. I'm not sure exactly what we will do in the pre-op but I imagine take photos, talk about desires, maybe pay for surgery. I'm going to come up with some questions to ask during my pre-op. Any suggestions?

Had Pre-op Appointment

I had my pre-op appointment on 6/7, Tuesday. I started to write this the day of while I was waiting in the doctor's office but it got erased so I waited til now to re-write it. My pre-op appointment took about an hour. I was waiting for about 10 minutes or so before I was called back. First thing the woman did was take my weight and height. Then I went into a room where a young lady had me sign some papers that they re-printed due to new verbiage. After that she left the room and I was waiting again for at least 10 minutes or more. The doctor came into the room next and went over a few things. Then he asked if I had any questions. I asked if I would be under local or general. He said I would be asleep. I was happy to hear that as I saw youtube videos of the procedure and even if it didn't hurt, just seeing what they were doing so close to my eyes would freak me out with anxiety, etc. I asked if I can use hot or cold on my neck afterwards for comfort and he said no. He said I could cause complications if I used either. That confused me as I used cold on my breast when I had those done and that did not cause any complications. I was told I had to buy compression socks for the surgery. The office had them so I just bought them from there for $20. I know Walmart or somewhere may have had them cheaper but I didn't want to be bothered. I was then given a prescription to get filled before surgery and a list of things to buy for after surgery. I have already gone to the store and picked up all the items. It was basically something to help with softening stools as after surgery you may have issues pooping. I also had to buy a liquid for washing the neck area to keep it sterilized, clean and free from bacteria, etc. I was also told to have multi-vitamins, which I already owned and pain pills such as Aspin or was it Tylenol? I can't remember. In any event, I went to the store with the list and bought everything. My surgery is only 3 weeks away from the pre-op day. In fact, now that I waited to write this til now, my surgery is in 10 days. Yes, I am nervous but I'm more looking forward to it. I can't wait to get rid of this double chin. I'm ready. I have off Wednesday - Monday so I have plenty of time to recuperate. After the doctor left, the lady then took photos of me standing in front of a black screen for before photos. I did not get a copy of those at least not yet. I will take my own before and after photos as well just in case they do not provide me with what they have.

4 days until surgery

I'm counting down the days. 4 days till surgery. I am looking forward to it. I can't wait to have a more defined jawline. Tired of looking like my chin and neck run together. I'm looking forward to this operation making me look a little younger. More youthful.

Surgery is Tomorrow

Time has flown by. My pre-op was only 3 weeks ago but it feels like yesterday. My neck and Jowl Lipo Surgery is tomorrow. My appointment was scheduled for 11:30, but I received a call changing it to 1:30. Hope I can survive not eating until then. I was instructed not to eat or drink after midnight tonight. They switched my time because they have another surgery before mine using the same instruments, and they said they needed time to disinfect them before my surgery. I asked if I could have an earlier surgery time but they said that they only had one slot available that was filled already. Guess I'm going to just have to wait to eat until surgery is done. I'm a little bit nervous but excited at the same time. This isn't my first surgery so I kind of know what to expect. However, all surgery is scary even if it's not your first time. I'm just looking forward to having off 6 days from work to recuperate. I really hope that my bruising isn't as bad as some other people's has been. As soon as I'm feeling up to it, I will post post-op pictures. Wish me luck.

Night before

Here are some pictures of the night before surgery.

Today is my surgery

So it's one o'clock right now and my surgery is in 30 minutes. I'm about to leave my house to head to the doctor's office. I have a family member driving me as they said I wouldn't be able to drive myself home afterwards. I'm a little bit nervous but really excited that today is the day. Here are the last before photos.

Surgery day post-op

my surgery was today at 1:30 but I had to wait until 2:30 to be seen as they had two surgeries before mine that we're running long. That was killing me because I was ready and I was hungry and thirsty as I hadn't eaten before as instructed after midnight.. I had to give a urine test. Then after that they gave me 3 pills to take. One was for anxiety and the other two I think we're for prevention of blood clottint. they put an IV in me which was giving me some water substance to hydrate me as well as antibiotics. Next thing I knew I was walking over to the surgery room where they asked me where I wanted to go on vacation and then they injected me with the anesthesia. Next thing I knew I was awake in the recovery room getting dressed and ready to go home. It was a very fast process took about 1 hour. Then when family member drove me home and got into bed and went to sleep woke up a few times to use the restroom. I'm taking my pain medicine every 4 hours. I'm drinking water as instructed and occasionally pineapple juice. I'm also taking arnica for bruising. It's an over the counter pill that melts in your mouth.pain was about a 3 when I woke up and a 5. Hasn't gone above 5 yet. Don't know about the bruising or if it gets worse until tomorrow. I am supposed to take a shower before my follow-up appointment tomorrow so I will let you know.

Day one after surgery.

Today I have my post-op appointment. I was told to take a shower today. It felt refreshing. Just hard to move my neck side to side up and down. My post-op appointment is at 12:30. I had some breakfast and water and hot tea I couldn't really eat much because it hurts to open my mouth but not too bad at the moment. So I'm going to stick to simple things like jello, tapioca, rice pudding, blueberries and things like that until I can open my mouth better. I had to take off the head bandage in order to take the shower. My swelling is very minimal and I have hardly any bruising at all. Not sure if it's due to me taking arnica before and after or just a coincidence. I still have marker lines all over my neck for when the doctor Marked where he was going to take out fat. I have stitches behind both ears and under my neck. I will post photos of all of this. I will keep you updated on my status after my post up with my doctor.

Before and after day 1

Here are some photos of my day before and day after surgery. Can't tell too much yet because I'm swollen. Will post photos frequently to show you the progress.

Sorry I pressed post before I finish uploading the other photos

Bruising and swelling

I have some bruising and swelling now. I guess it's getting worse since it's the day after. Also my voice is very sore and scratchy. I had to take off my headband just for a little relief and then put it back on. I'm supposed to wear it this week. I've been taking arnica as well as a prescription pill called cyclobenzaprine. It's for swelling and aches. Hopefully the bruising and swelling doesn't get worse. I'll keep you posted.

Very swollen and slightly bruised

The reviews on here from other people who had neck liposuction were right. The worst day is the third day. I had lipo on Wednesday and today is Saturday. I have a lot of swelling and some bruising. The swelling is very uncomfortable because I can't turn my head as easily. It's numb to the touch. Doesn't really hurt. Have a little bit of bruising on each side of the neck. Oveall feeling pretty good. It's not very painful just uncomfortable.

4 days post-op

Today is day 4. I have more swelling and bruising. As you can see from the pictures it looks like someone choked me or that i tried to hang myself. I have bruising going all the way down my chest now. It's not that dark so I guess it's not that noticeable but whenever I go to take these after pictures I'm surprised of what it looks like. It really doesn't hurt much though. It's just uncomfortable. The thing that bothers me the most right now is my stitches behind my ears. They keep itching; I guess because they're healing. Tomorrow is Monday and I have off of work for the 4th of July but I go back on Tuesday. I hope some of this bruising and swelling goes away. I have another follow-up appointment on Thursday at 9 a.m. Will keep you posted.

Red, white and blue bruising for the 4th of July

Today is July 4th, my 5th Day post op. As you can see the bruising has become more apparent. It is still numb. Don't have any pain though. It looks like I have some kind of weird hickey on both sides of my neck. I have to go to work tomorrow so I need to figure out what I can wear to cover up these bruises. I can turn my neck left and right fairly easily but I cannot turn my neck up that easily. This is mainly due to the inflamation. It still needs to go down. Looking forward to the results though. Stitches are still itchy.

Getting better day by day

I had my second post op on Thursday. The doctor said that I'm looking very good. He said that I am still swollen though. He gave me a new headpiece to wear as the other one he gave me was too big. I only have to wear this at night now. My neck is starting to look better already. The bruises are almost all gone. I just have very light yellow tint to my skin. The stitches are all gone now. I still have little marks or holes that are healing. They were itchy but now are just sore. Most of the numbness on my neck is gone now. For the most part there's hardly no pain. When I touch it though it's just sore. I was told that I can start doing neck massages in 2 to 3 weeks. I will keep you posted. My next post op appointment is in one month.

Before and After Photos

I had my one month post-op appointment recently. They took after photos. Here are some pictures of me before my surgery and one month after. I don't feel that it's significant changes but there are some changes. I hope that there will be a little more change in the next month or two. I asked and have read and it can take up to 3 months to get full results. I'm just hoping to get more of an angle or structure to see my chin line more. What is your opinion? Do you see any results?
Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Unfortunately, I moved from LA to FL so I had to find a new doctor closer. Dr. Eberbach recommended lipo only due to my age as well as my skin elasticity.