20 year old Afro-caribbean female Ethnic rhinoplasty in the UK ,considering DR Oelbrandt from belgium

Hi Everyone! I'm soo excited to begin my...

Hi Everyone!
I'm soo excited to begin my 'Blogging' or 'documenting' phase of my rhinoplasty journey. Although the actual procedure will probably be done in a years time or a bit longer, i have found other peoples reviews, updates and progress reports soo helpful that i decided to do one myself.
I am still in the early process of saving, but i am definitely looking into the different surgeons now, their results, reviews, prices, e.t.c. This early search is a necessity for me as i Live in the London (UK), and would have to travel to the US to get my ethnic rhinoplasty procedure done, so i'll most likely have to have a Skype consultation with which ever doctor i choose.
So here's a little information about me....
I'm 19 years old and i'm currently in my first year of university /(college as american's say)
I began to notice how disproportionately large my nose was in comparison to the rest of my facial features at the age of about 13, and have wanted to get rhinoplasty from the age of about 15. I'm hoping to get the procedure done when i'm about 20/21, so next year, to give me time to save e.t.c
I have seen a lot of great reviews here on realself and been able to ask questions to other members about their procedures..e.t.c, that has been a great help for me..... and so my journey begins.... :)

i've Finally upload photos... even though my eyes are covered, lol

..and two more

Two Years on and still haven't taken the leap!!!

So its been 2 years since i last updated my profile. I've been on the site quite often to check the progress of others and carry on researching doctors but i havent gotten round to taking the leap. Its not that i'm having second thoughts, in fact i want it more than ever now! its more an issue of balancing financial constarint with fining a quality surgeon that gives me the results that i want. My definite top pick when ibegan my journey was Dr baner; whilst i still really like him and would be happy for him to perform my surgery!, i'm well to concious of financial constaint and distance to the US. i've heard alot about a Dr oelbrandt from belgium; I've seen a few before and after pictures from his procedure and i'm quite impressed, and all the online reviews about him that ive seen are positive. Also, belgium is not very far from the UK and so travelling alone abroad for surgery seems alot less daunting for me. I wish i had someone to go with me to my surgery.... that will make the whole process of going abroad and recovery alot easier for me.
Anyway, dr oelbrandt is really getting me thinking at the moment. Today, i sent an email to enquire about a consultation with him, and i'm awaiting the response. My hope is to have the procedure done by the end of next year! i wish i could do it closer but again, the financial constraint is always an issue for a full time student like me :(. i will have the consultation and hopefully that makes everything feel more real for me. i'll try to update this platform more often and upload pictures.

I've booked my consultation with Dr Oelbrandt

So its 2016 (Happy new year!) and I've booked my consultation with Dr Oelbrandt For January 9th. I'm Hoping to get this sugery done by march (if i'm fully saved up), because i'm graduating this summer and want the swelling to be significantly reduced by then. Its all become more real now that i've booked my consultation, and i know it will only become more real when i actually meet the doctor. But this has been a long way coming and i'm ready to take the leap! If there are any others out there who are considering Dr Oelbrandt or who have had sugery with him, please leave comments below or message me privately, it will be really reassuring to have someone in the same boat as me lol. Im looking foward to my consultation! i have some wish pics ready to show him and I'm in the process of researching on questions to ask him.
wish me luck! :)

Wish Pictures!!!!!

I will be showing Dr Oelbrandt all these pictures during my consultation this saturday. I chose these because i see strong similarities with my nose in the before pictures, and i think the results are incredible! All the surgeons that did these are in america, but im hoping to get results close to this on my side of the atlantic lol.
I will be happy for anyone to suggest questions that i can ask Dr Oelbrant during my consultation :)

Nearly 3 weeks after consultation with dr Oelbrandt

Hey everyone, I've been getting many messages regarding my consultation; I'm really greatful to everyone that is following my journey. I took a few weeks of to gather my thoughts and deliberate on my decision. Not because i'm having second thoughts; but because its really difficult to take such a massive step, and its important to come to terms with the risks associated with such a massive surgery! Also i've been bombarded with work this past few weeks and needed a minute to organise myself.
So i had my consultation with Dr Oelbrandt on 9th January. My appointment was for 6pm but I arrived over an hour late:(, (the trains and buses were not on my side and that was my last day in London for a while so i had to get alot done.)
I called his receptionist, who asked that i continue to make my way. When I arrived there were a couple of people waiting at the reception, and there was a young friendly receptionist.
I hadnt been told the cost of consultation until arrival (despite asking severally via email) and so i had to walk to the nearest cashpoint to withdraw money. The consultation charge was £40.
I was given a form to fill out regarding my contact details, age, reasons for wanting surgery, and some general health questions. Whilst filling out the form i got chatting with the receptionist about the procedure i wanted e.t.c
Then I went in to the consultation room to see the doctor. He asked me what procedure I wanted and took some photos of my face. He stepped out of the room quite a few times to get cofee and grab some snacks (which i initially thought was unprofessional but then i realised that it was about 8pm at this point and this was probably because his day was supposed to have ended and i came so late and was the last person of the day)
I showed him some pictures of what I wanted and told him what i wanted.
He kept on enphasising that i should be aware that because of the thick nature of my skin a dramatic change may not be achieved, and i should always remain aware of this.
I told him that, i wasnt looking for such a change. I wanted my bridge brought in and a slightly smaller version of the tip that i already have (in terms of shape). He told me what he would do to achieve this results but he was unable to show me similations because he had recently got a new pc and the app was yet to be installed, so he asked that i come back for a free follow up appointment to get my similations done.
He also kept emphasising about how young I was and what my parents thought about my decision, who i had told etc, and he suggested that i come with my mum on my next appointment if i wanted to (but thats not gonna happen lol).

So like i mentioned earlier i took a few weeks to think about things. If all goes to plan I will hope to get my procedure done in march. But i also thought about what exaclty i want done; and i realised that ulimately the change i want are subtle, the main thing will be for my wide bridge to be brought inward (without having those fake looking contour lines that some surgeons give lol), my nostrils SLIGHTLY reduced, so that they can maintain thier natural round shape, and my tip slightly reduced through defattening and a collumellar strut graph. In terms of my profile i font want a significant change, I know that it will starighten out slightly due to the brigde infracture and the nasal tip graft but i DONT want to look like a different persin lol. I essntially want a slightly smaller nose that the one that i have, and i realise now that i'll rather be conservative than end up with a completely different nose that makes me look like someone else! I will emphasie and reiterate this points with DR Oelbrandt when i go to get my similations done.
Anyways, i'm rambling now. Thanks again to everyone who messaged me to check how my consultation went. I am yet to set a date for my second consultation, but i will update it on here once i do.
;)

Second Consultation QUICK UPDATE)

I have booked a second consulation for the 6th of march, after which i hope to book a surgery date for hopefully end of march or early april because thing get crazy after this period) but that will be based on the availability of the surgeon, and im aware that he is always quite busy

I've booked a date!

So I've booked a surgery date!!! I have booked it for May 19th! i am super happy and super nervous but i know its the right decision for me! Anyone who has any questions can go ahead and ask. Also, if anyone has any advice for me on what to buy pre surgery to reduce swelling and boost healing please let me know, because i have to start thinking about getting all of those bought from next month. :)

Issues with review

Hi, just a quick disclaimer lol. I am having my surgery with DR Bert Oelbrandt of Singleberg Clinic in Belgium. This website won't let me change location from baltimore (which is where i was previously considering) .
Also, it shows that I've already done the surgery, But i am yet to.

Booked my train ticket!

So My surgery is about a month away now and I've just booked my train ticket! its all getting so real now. I remember back in 2013 when i discovered this website and used to come on here and look at peoples reviews, results etc ; and i never thought it was going to happen for me because i didnt know if I had the confidence to take such a huge leap; especially when the very few people you have told are not soo keen on the idea and don't understand why you want to go under the knife for a cosmetic procedure when "nothing is broken". Nobody has really said anything negetive about my nose in years and i get complemented on beign pretty. But its a personal thing! I am the one that doesn't like my nose! noone has made me not like it... I just want a small change to make it more fitting for my face and features; and finall, after all this time I'M GOING TO GET IT DONE! It would have been great to have a travel buddy, because going abroad to a country you have never been, especially for surgery is very daunting! but i just keep reminding myself what an impact this procedure will have on my personal confidence, and the hassel of it all seems worth it.
I hope it all goes well and I'm greatful for the support i've been getting on here! I will be updating on here alot more as my surgery draws nearer and post surgery also. So please keep the positive comments coming and do not hesitate to ask me any questions at all.

x

Buying things pre surgery for my recovery post surgery...

So my surgery is just under a month away now, and i've started to order/buy thing that i will need to help me with my recovery. So far i've ordered:
Arnica cream
Arnica tablets
Medical tape
antiseptic soap (as advised by my doctor especially for my pre surgery shower)
thermomer (as advised by my doctor to check my temprature in the first week/avoid infection)

I'm going to pick up pain killers, cutton buds (for cleaning my nostrils post surgery appararently) and face wipes.
Does anyone have any other suggestions for what i need to pick up. I want my recovery to be as smooth as possible. My surgeon said that he can prescribe antibiotics for me when i arrive in belgium, but that its not a neccessity to take antibiotics.
Any suggestions?