Stage 3 Inverted Nipple, Embarrassed to Even Ask How to Fix It - Baltimore, MD

I knew my nipples were flat, but I did not realize...

I knew my nipples were flat, but I did not realize just how bad they were until I started nursing school. I learned how difficult it could make breastfeeding, and the deeper the inversion, the more risk for infections like yeast and candidiasis. I began researching, and no local doctors even advertised that they had nipple inversion reconstruction surgery as an option. However, once I called and spoke on the phone, I was assured it was a procedure they had done before. I came in for a consult and was nearly in tears. This was embarrassing for me, I had insecurities about my breasts, I never got undressed in front of my girlfriends, and now hearing that they were stage 3 almost made me cry.

Dr. Schuster explained that he would go in with an endoscope to assure that he did not divert the milk ducts, and that he would place some fat from my hip in the nipple to keep it erect. This was reassuring, but I still wanted to get a second opinion. I went to another local doctor who was renowned for his breast work. I did not like that appointment. I am a size D naturally, and before I got undressed for him, he told me the only way to make the nipple inversion stay erect and not re-invert was to put an implant behind it. I felt like he was just trying to get more money out of me, as Dr. Schuster never even presented that as an option.

I went back to Dr. Schuster and scheduled the appointment. I had the surgery, took about a week to recover, and I couldn't be happier. Not only are my nipples erect, but they have sensation as well. Something I never had before. Dr. Schuster made me feel very comfortable talking about a surgery that seemed so secretive and taboo. I hope he advertises that he does this surgery and that he does it well. More people need to know it is available. We don't have to be embarrassed anymore!
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Schuster was very professional. He spoke with me in a manner that made me feel calm and confident about the procedure. He answered all of my questions and was very available. I would highly recommend him for any surgery.