Yasss! Tummy Tuck and Lipo w/ Salama! Aventura, FL

I can't believe after the year and half of...

I can't believe after the year and half of stalking this site I'm finally about to write a review. I'm very blessed to finally be in a place in my life where I can make this decision with confidence and financially afford it. Cause with kids, you know our money can always go towards something else! I booked a consultation with Dr Salama. It was for 9am, I got there at 8:50am before they opened and was greeted very kindly. Filled out paperwork and was taken back by 9:15am. Dr. Salama is much younger than I thought... and handsome lol but he examined me and was very professional. He detected my hernia right away and said that would be taken care of with the surgery. He's also going to liposuction my sides to give me a nice contour shape. He says I don't have a lot of extra skin which will require another technique to close me up. But nonetheless he said I'll be tight, flat tummy, tiny waist... and that sounds like heaven for me! Will post pre pics soon.

Pre pics (April 2016)

Ok so I'm about 10lbs heavier than usual. I'm kinda happy my surgery is at the end of the year so I can get it together until then. Lol My main goal for surgery is to repair my muscle and get rid of the permanent 5 month prego look. I'm happy with my body... just not with the belly.

What's an abdominal board for?

Two months out from surgery day! Still not super nervous but a little anxious to make sure I have everything to aid me in recovery. Any must haves for a TT? And what exactly is the purpose of an abdominal board, do I need one? Thanks for the help ladies! (and maybe gents?)

Pre op Test

It's starting to feel real! I have my pre op clearance exam this coming Saturday. I started taking iron pills to help ensure there's no issues with my RBC count. I've read other reviews where surgery was possibly delayed due to low blood counts. I already have about 3 weeks off from work for December so I can't really afford to not get this surgery done on time! I've also gained about 5 lbs since my consultation with Salama back in March . Ugh. Well the only good thing about that is it went to my booty and stomach and since I'm getting my stomach cut off.... lol I'll update again after I get my test results!!

Pre op Appt

Hey ladies! So I went for my pre op appt last week and am cleared for surgery!! My labs came back great with no issues. I just have to stop taking my daily vitamins like Biotin and Vitamin B. During the appt I was given info on pre op and post op care as well as supplies I may want to buy. During my exam I realized that my surgery included the flanks but not my lower back. And since I want a flat tummy and no back rolls I decided to add lower back lipo (from bra line to waist) to my surgery. It was an additional $500 so not too bad. They gave me my prescriptions to fill which were:
Percocets
Flexeril (muscle relaxant)
Colace (stool softener)
Keflex (antibiotic)
Zofran (anti nausea med)
I can't believe I'm 2 and a half weeks away! I'm working on my supply list and will share when done.

So I think I have the flu....

I've been feeling like crap the past 3 days and finally my bf was like, I think you have the flu. Body aches, nausea, headaches, fatigue and cough. Ugh! My surgery is in 2 weeks. I'm praying that I get better way before then. This is my luck....

My Supply List

Still feeling a little under the weather but I plan to go to the clinic today to see if I need any antibiotics. Surgery is 2 weeks away! I wanted to share my supply list (pics show costs):

Bedlounger (to sleep better in bed)
Bolster (to place under my knees in bed)
Compression socks
Recovery robe (has inner pockets for drains)
Shower pockets (holds drains in shower)
Walker (to help with walking hunched over)
Go Girl Urinal (to pee standing up)
Assurance Xtra Large wash cloths
Gauze (small and large)
Gauze tape
Alcohol wipes
Vitamin E cream
Soothing Gel Mask (heat or cold option)
Assurance underpads (to protect bed)
Miami Plastic Surgeon