Dr Salama, Make Me Bootyful! - Aventura, FL

I've been wanting to have this procedure done for...

I've been wanting to have this procedure done for years! Two years ago, I had a tummy tuck procedure done. At that time, I thought that that was the number 1 thing I needed to get done. Now, I wanted something else done. I wanted to get my breast done. So, I'm back on realself.com doing my research. I'm looking at before and after breast augmentation photos, and keep on coming across bbls. So, I start looking up before and after photos, and learned that with a bbl your waist is countoured along with it to make the booty pop! I didn't realize that Lipo was done in all the major factors to make your body bangin! So I decided to go ahead with this surgery. I was able to book a date with Dr Salama for the 6th of Febuary 2017! I'm so excited!

56 days!

So, 56 days till my surgery. Since my 1st post, I've been researching and following Dr Salama (reviews, videos, etc.). Found some good reviews, and some bad. I've read, a lot of people say he has a great personality, and some say different. Some say he did a great job, and some say they got botched! Some say their experience with the Elite team members (customer service) was great, but I'm experiencing different. I have sent my LOA paperwork via email to 4 different people, and haven't heard back from anyone as of yet. In my email, I stated that I need to hear from someone as soon as possible, but no response. I sent the first email 1 week ago... and nothing yet. I have paid 75% of the total cost, and I'm prepared to pay it all off, but.. I need to hear from someone about my LOA info! I need to submit it to my employer, to see if it will be approved and cleared. If it's not approved, then I will have to cancel my surgery!
All this is so frustrating. I have airline, airport parking, vacation home, and rental car all paid for. Just waiting on them. I'm just gonna pray and leave it in Gods hands.

35 Days!!

I have 35 days till my surgery! I'm paid in full! I got a email from elite advising me to get my lab work done and other stuff. OMG.. been having mixed feelings lately tho. Just a few days ago, I told my husband that I was concedering canceling. I guess I've been feeling nervous about the surgery. I'm 41 years old and happily married. My husband loves and supports every decision about my body that I make, but he has said that I'm having a midlife crisis.. lol. I've had a tummy tuck done 2 years ago, was painful but worth it. Now, I'm finally going for a BBL (that I've always wanted to do). I don't know why I'm so nervous about this procedure. I would think that a tummy tuck procedure would be more painful than a bbl. I don't know.
So, I'm all paid for, doing my lab work tomorrow and pray that everything goes well. I've been doing some research for recovery suplements, and came across this article http://www.drsinatra.com/maximizing-the-surgery-recovery-process/ . It's good read and very informative. Still need to buy the portable female urinal, compression socks and the bbl pillow. Also, still waiting on clearance from my job:/ This is so nerve wrecking!! Praying..

31 days!!!!

Omg!!! Stuffs getting real! So, since my last post, I've been having mixed feelings. I thought about canceling at one point. I guess I've been a little scared. I don't know why though because this is my second cosmetic surgery. The first was a tummy tuck. I would think that, that procedure is more risky and painful. Painful it was, but it was worth it! I've always wanted a BBL. I also wanted to get my breasts done, but I guess I'll have to wait a few more years or maybe a year from now. Anyway, I go for my lab work on Monday. I pray that everything goes well. I am paid in full and ready to go! I got my surgery packet today in the mail. It included Dr Salamas credentials (which is awesome), prescriptions, pre&post-treatment instructions, descriptive information about what meds, vitamins, and supplements to avoid, and information about cell saver.
I purchased the Bbl pillow from bblpillow.com. I have also done some research about post recovery supplements and came across this website: http://www.drsinatra.com/maximizing-the-surgery-recovery-process/
It's good read and very informative. I will be posting my before photos very soon.

Double posted!!

Lol.. did think I posted 35 day review! My bad! Tried to delete last post, but real self doesn't allow you to.. oh well:/

Labs done!

So, I went and got my ekg and labs done this week! Come to find out, I had to pay (getting billed) over $500 for my lab work! I have medical insurance (BlueCross Blue Shield) but the hospital told me that since there is no diagnoses code associated with the lab work I need done, my insurance will not cover most of the tests! I was pissed, but I was like freak it! I need them done because I'm less than a month away from my surgery.
So, I was able to check the results on the hospital website that evening. Surprisingly, the results were in within a couple of hours! Everything was good! I was so relieved. I have a problem of worrying too much. Was worried that I wouldn't get the results on time, was worried if I was going to pass everything and so on. Thank God everything went well. I was able to call my doctors office yesterday and asked if my doctor can review and fax the info to Elite. To my surprise, she did! My doctor fist told me that she would not fax or give me clearance for the surgery until she saw me 1 week later! But because of the time frame, I took a chance in calling to see if she would do that for me, and she did. Man..God is good!

Tomorrow is the big day!!

I have my preop and surgery tomorrow. I have to be there at 9 am. I've been feeling nervous all week! Now I'm feeling anxious! I'm ready for this surgery and pray for a great outcome. Here are my before pictures. I dread posting them, but i hope for a dramatic change. Pray for me ladies!

I'm alive!!

Surgery was yesterday. Everything went well (praise God!!). When I was called in inside, the first thing I had to do was to change into my open gown, compression socks, slipper socks, panties and cap for my hair. Then she wanted me to pee in a cup. I couldn't pee, so i was in there for awhile. She knocked on the door and said if I couldn't pee, it was ok because the Dr was ready to see me by then. So, I met with "The Man" Dr Salama. He went over my paperwork with me, advised me of the risks, asked what results I wanted, and prepared me for surgery by marking me up. I told him that I wanted something natural looking.
So after that, he left the room and I waited for the Anesthesiologist to come get me. I waited less than 5 mins and he pops in and says "Are you ready?" And I say "Let's go!". So, I'm lead to the operating table and the nurse instructs me to lay on my back. Then the Anesthesiologist inserts a needle in my hand, gives me oxegyn and tells me that I will be asleep soon. I think I fell asleep right away because I don't remember anything after that. I just remember waking up thinking, "That was quick". I was shivering like crazy! The nurse put a heating blanket on me for a couple of mins, and gave me oxegyn. She then proceeded to dress me while laying down, then assists me onto a wheelchair and gives me a Capri Sun. I was so thirsty and tore that juice up in what seem like 1 big sip! She said " Oh, your done already?" Lol. Then she wheels me to my husband then proceeed to wheel me outside. She helps me in the car and advised me to lay flat on my stomach. After surgery, I was feeling groggy and out of it. I didn't feel any pain, just soreness on my butt (a feeling sore like after a nice butt workout) not pain. On the was back to the house, I was still out of it. It takes an hour to get back, but it seemed like 5 mins!
By the time we got home, I was feeling good! I was walking normal, had no pain whatsoever! My husband made me some chicken noodle soup with some crackers and Gatorade. That was the first thing I had eaten all day, so it was the best chicken noodle soup I ever had (Great Value brand) lol. I peed 3 times that last night. There is a pee hole in the garment they provide, so that helped a lot. I got to use my PEZ femal urinal, which fit right in the pee slot of my garment.
I took my prescriptions except for the Percocet because I didn't need it at the time.
It was difficult to sleep last night. He wanted me to switch positions every two hours which was no problem because I couldn't sleep anyway. I was up until almost 6 am in the morning. That's when the soreness started hitting me all over my lipo areas. So then I took my Percocet and had no trouble sleeping after that.
I have attached my after photos. I'm very, very swollen right now. I can't wait til the swelling goes down.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Dr Moises Salama is very blessed with his talent. He does wonderful work and it shows. Before choosing him I did a tremendous amount of research, read reviews and liked everything I saw that he did. He is very thorough, by telling me how the procedure is going to go, advised of the risks, and aftercare. He's honest, down to earth and funny. I'm glad I chose him and I love my results so far! Thank you Dr Salama