Big Butt and a Smile... Aventura, FL

So ladies, I never thought I would be here at this...

So ladies, I never thought I would be here at this very moment, not only writing this review, but awaiting a BBL procedure. To give some background, I am 36, married with 3 kids. I am an RN, I work in the ICU at a local hospital in my hometown of Cincinnati, OH (I hate my job btw, but that is another story). My story is no different than a lot of ladies here; I had kids and the rest is history. I have always been super duper skinny and never worried about being overweight. I always worked out and I watched what I ate. I had a wake up call when I decided to have, not only 1...but 2 kids after 30. My body is not the same--not even close. I look like a different person, I am 50 lbs heavier before I had my last two kids, and it is disgusting. This is not due to baby weight. This came from a sedentary lifestyle with poor food choices, and a slower metabolism from my age. Growing up, I never had big boobs, or a big butt; but, I always had a tiny waist and hips which gave me a nice Coke bottle figure. Now, I look like I'm Sponge Bob's sister. LOL.

Anyways, instead of complaining, I decided to do something about it. I am 5'9" and I weight 189. I was 195 but I started working out and eating healthy 4 months ago to change my lifestyle. It's important to incorporate lifestyle changes to prepare your body for the shock of surgery, to heal quickly, and to keep long lasting results. For the last 6 years I have been raising kids, being a wife, attending school, and working to provide for my family. I attended graduate school when my son was 9 months, and everyone told me I couldn't do it; it was too much. I graduated 8/2011 with a MSN and a 3.9 GPA, and I haven't looked back since (Don't ever let anyone keep you from your goals). I have found in life, people will say you can't do something because they themselves don't want to see you do it. Use it as motivation.

I decided it's time for me to do something for ME! I am the oldest of 5 kids. So everyone relies on me. I found this site and started to research doctors. At first I was going to go to Dr. Matlock in LA. But once I saw the results here on Dr. Salama, it was love at first sight. I contacted Nancy, and I put down my deposit for a BBL (with lipo of inner thigh and upper arms) and BA with full lift and secured my dates. That was October, 2013. My surgery date for my BBL is 9/19/14. My surgery date for my BA with full lift is 2/15.

This process has been a roller coaster. It is mentally exhausting. Some days I am super excited, and other days I feel guilty, as though I shouldn't spend this amount of money on PS, and other days I have a lot of anxiety. I have now come to this conclusion: Some people gamble, some people use drugs, I am choosing to physically enhance myself, and I deserve this! This journey has motivated me to eat healthier, work out, and love me again inside and out. Let's be clear ladies: plastic surgery is a Billion if not Trillion dollar industry. We are not the only ones, we are just the brave ones who openly talk about it. I don't bother anyone, I stay in my lane, I take care of my kids and husband, and I work hard. I am doing this, and I am sure all of you have experienced some of the same feelings, to some degree, at some point. You deserve it too.

Anyways, so for I have ordered 90% of my supplies which I will post separately. It's down to the wire so I need to get it together. I just need to order a chair to sit in when I get back, I am ordering a director's chair off Amazon, an extra thick yoga mat for driving, and a squeem waist cincher. I have not ordered any additional CG yet because I want to wait to see what size they put me in before I go home. That will determine the size I need. I'm not trying to waste any money.

What else? I have a midsized car reserved through Firefly for a total of $116 for 10 days. Great deal, be sure to check them out. My friend is supposed to get me a discount at the Westin for $50/day, but we will see what know how that goes. In the meantime, I have a condo reserved in a suburb of Fort. Lauderdale, which I am leaning towards anyways. The only downfall is it's 20 mins from Dr. Salama's office. My flight has been booked for weeks, found a great deal on Delta for $245, nonstop and round-trip.

My plans:
My surgery is scheduled on 9/19 for the BBL. My anniversary is 9/17, so my husband and I are going to arrive on the 17th and go down to South Beach to celebrate our union. On the 18th I have my preop appt and we are going to hangout and go shopping. My husband is going to stay with me until 9/22, then my sister is going to fly down on 9/23 to help me and support me the rest of my trip.

My measurements:
Not sure, I need to measure my self and I will let you know.
I know my bust is about 38", my hips last time I measured, a year ago were 41" My waist around my belly button is probably around 34-38 inches. Again, not sure
I weigh 189.

My wish:
I don't have any wish pics. I personally think it's unhealthy, and that is not a dig at anyone so please don't get offended. What I mean is this: It is great to appreciate and like someone's results and/or shape. However, we all have different shapes and our anatomy differs. It is unrealistic for me to give Dr. Salama a picture of a girl who is 140 lbs with a 24" waist and a slope, when I weight 195 lbs, (borderline need a TT, and I have a short butt) and tell him I want to look exactly like this. Forreal? This will build you up for failure and you may be disappointed with your end results. Let's not forget, PS is an enhancement tool, not a magic wand. Instead, I aim to be the best I can be with MY frame. Personally, I want a small waist, and a flat stomach, with a slope butt--no shelf. If Dr. Salama can get me close to this as possible, I am good. Anything has to be better than where I am now. The real work comes after the surgery is performed. This is no different than anything else we treasure in life. You gotta WORK for it. Eat right, exercise, take your supplements, drink lots of water, take care of yourself and your investment ladies.

My workout:
I work out 5 days a week. I do INTENSE cardio for a least 30 mins on the three days I strength train and lift weights, and I do intense cardio for 45 min - 1 hour 2 days a week. I do Yoga and deep stretching 1 day a week. I eat healthy, no fast food, no pop, no chips and dips, no sweets. I drink lots of water, and I take protein shakes after I work out to build lean muscle. I have a cheat day once a week and I eat whatever I want on those days. Most days I still stick to healthy eating.

My pics I posted were photos I sent to Cynthia a year ago before working out at 195. At that time she told me I didn't need to lose weight. I don't know about that, so I started my work out journey to lose 20 pounds. I probably need to stop before I get too small. Haven't lost that much weight, just inches. I guess it's hard to tell my true weight since I lift heavy weights and have built muscle. I am going to send in an update pic to see what she says, and I will take a recent picture and post it with my measurements.

In the meantime, how did you ladies do when traveling home by airplane? I have a 2 hour non-stop flight, but I am only staying 7 days after my surgery. I don't want to sit. Dr. Cortes tells his ladies to use a cigar shaped pillow. What is this? Have any of you tried it or heard anything about it?

Well, I am about to work out because it's getting late here. I welcome any comments, and thank you for going on this journey with me. Good luck to everyone, wishing you small waists, big butts, and happiness from the inside to the backside #Team Salama #Biggbuttsandsmiles

Slight glitch...

I had my pre-op physical, lab work and EKG. I was fully cleared however, I am slightly anemic. I have horrible periods that last 7-8 days; I bleed heavily, and this has been a problem for the last 1-2 years (since I had my daughter). I am contemplating a partial hysterectomy , possibly in the future, because my periods are causing me to be chronically anemic. My hgb was 11.4 and I was already taking 325 mg of Iron twice a day for two weeks! That is crazy my Hgb was only 11.4. I am now taking a stronger form of Iron, still twice a day, and I have to go back for iron studies. It makes me nervous. I talked to my sister, husband, mother, and best friend about it, and they did not give me the moral support I anticipated receiving. They were nonchalant about it. I got the impression, they don't want to see me go through with this procedure. But guess what? It is happening, no one can keep me from getting my snap back. As long as I feel healthy and safe, I am going to have the surgery. I go back to the doctor tomorrow for further testing. I will post the results once they are in. Thanks ladies for your continued support. It means the world to me!!

My updated measurements and pics

Sorry for the delay with my updated measurements and pics. My measurements are:

Arms: 12.5
Bust: 36
Upper waist: 31
True waist: 36 (measuring at belly button region)
Hips/Butt: 43 (Told y'all I had hips:)
Thighs: 26

And to think I didn't think I was losing weight.

This is a testament to not trust the scale! Matter of fact...F!@K the scale. I have lost a lot of inches as you can see, but the scale, last I checked a week ago, said I weighed 189. Obviously, I am smaller than 6 lbs. I have gained muscle and muscle burns fat. So my workout, in case you are wondering.
I do Chalene Extreme 5 days a week. I also do Core Cardio 3 times a week before I lift weights. I drink lots of water, at least 8-10 cups. I take supplements to help me burn fat and give me energy (see pic). I take a protein shake after I work out (most days). And I eat a balanced nutritious meal. I don't count calories, I don't need to. I make good healthy choices, but every now and then if I wan't something fattening, I eat it. It keeps you sane and on track. Don't beat yourself up about it. I also eat lots of fruit and veggies...lots! Remember, I am 36 and had 2 kids AFTER 31. It is much harder for me to lose weight than someone in their 20's. If I can do it, you can too. Get it in ladies and good luck with your journey!!!

More Pics that did load earlier

Cute Maxi Dresses

Hi big booty bishes! I found these really cute Maxi dresses on eBay of all places. I am going to have my arms lipoed, so I need longer sleeves to hide the CP on my arms. These dress will last in my wardrobe for a long time. Maxi dresses have been in style forever. The chevron style dress was $35, and the black dress was $43. You can of course find Maxi dresses for $9.99, but after a couple of washes they will not be in great shape. In the long run, I think these dresses are adorable for the price. I found them at Primp Fashion Boutique for those who are interested.

My supplies

So here are a couple of pictures of my supplies. I hope this helps. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

So we were told to use Hibiclens preoperative, but do we know why? We use Hibiclens, in the ICU where I work, on patients who have MRSA topically (on the skin not in the bloodstream). MRSA is a strong form of Staph that is resistant to a lot of strong antibiotics. It is found in the community. It likes to live in the nares, groin, and arm pits on the human body. We swab all patients who are admitted to our unit, and if their swabs test positively for MRSA, the patient is isolated to prevent spread of the infection to other patients and staff, and the patient is bathed with Hibiclens. If MRSA is found in the nares bactrim ointment is used two - three times a day. If MRSA is not treated it can turn into the flesh eating disease necrotizing fasciitis.

So what does this mean for us? To start, it is in the community. If contracted it does not mean you are a dirty person or you did something wrong. Please wash your hands!! This is the best defense against infection. Do not, and I repeat "Do not" touch yourself or let anyone else touch with unclean hands. Secondly, keep you incision sites clean and dry. This means, change your gauze when saturated, and don't lie around in dirty soiled CP. Thirdly, it is very important that you use your Hibiclens before your surgery as indicated; this kills bacteria (including MRSA) and lasts up to 24 hours after use; also use your antibacterial soap, and make sure to exfoliate your skin as instructed. Exfoliation helps slough off old skin cells, and disrupts the cell body of bacteria (this is one way to kill them). Please don't freak out about this. We have bacteria everywhere...some good, and some bad; we cannot eradicate it all, nor do we want to.

Signs and symptoms of infection:
Redness and warmth are some of the few signs. There is going to be some redness and swelling as part of the normal healing process. This redness looks like and infection; like something is wrong. The redness will be along the incision sites and will usually accompany drainage that is yellow, brown and/or green. The drainage may also have a foul odor. The foul odor comes from the endotoxins the bacteria release and the death of tissue. You may or may not have a fever, sometimes fever comes in the later stages of infection. If this happens, go to your doctor, have them swab your sites, and don't let them tell you BS. They will tell you, "oh your doctor already has you on antibiotics..." True, but different bacteria respond to different antibiotics. To effectively treat MRSA you will need Vanc and maybe a couple other antibiotics to kills it.

Stay well ladies, be informed, and wash your hands!!!!

Getting my workout in!

If you aren't sweating, you aren't working! 20 days until my surgery. Let's go!

More Pics of my journey. ...

I am making progress. I need to get a profile pic, but I can't get a good one with my big as Samsung Galaxy note. Lol.

Disappointed and Irritated at the same damn time!

So my BBL surgery is approaching very quickly; 20 days and counting. I basically have everything done and my bags are packed. I decided to start planning for my BA and full BL I have scheduled with Dr. Salama in 2/15. It sounds crazy to start planning for another PS when I haven't even had the first one, yet alone recovered from it, but my date is secured and my deposit was placed at the same time as the BBL. Initially, I wanted to have both procedures at the same time, but was informed I could not. I think it's best to schedule them separately if you want to get optimal results for the BBL.

Anyways, my BA/BL procedure is 5 months away! That is crazy. In and attempt to decide my budget and savings I reviewed my surgery quote. Initially, I couldn't tell you how much I was quoted, because I have been completely engulfed with the BBL procedure. I looked at the quote from Cynthia, and it is $6500. WTF! LOL. Are they crazy? Let's be clear, they have the right Mofo if they think they are about to pull that off with me. I am sure I had to see this price over a year ago, but it never sunk in until now. Beyond the fact, I never signed the contract for the procedure.

Upon further investigation, I saw where several women have had a BA/BL with Salama and paid between $4000 - $4600. What is wrong with them? BA/BL don't cost that much anymore. I have more than enough breast tissue, and I am not a complicated patient. I contacted Dr. Ortega and they quoted me $4500 for full BL with HP smooth silicone implants. Further, if you are just going for BA and saline implants the total procedure is $2900!!! SMFH.

I forwarded Cynthia the information, and if they are willing to match, or at least come in the same ball park as Dr. Ortega, I will continue with the surgery as planned. If not, then it is what it is. Dr. Ortega with Spectrum Aesthetics in Miami will perform my surgery. I posted a couple of pictures of his work. I am sure he can hook me work. His work is great. The lady in the pic got full BL with 505 HP smooth silicone implants and paid $4700!!

More importantly, I understand this is a business at the end of the day. But how in the hell do you feel comfortable with charging someone $1500 over your competitors for a BA/BL. I understand the BBL; But damn...forreal? This is both disappointing and irritating. U tried it team Salama.

What to expect after surgery; and what's up with all this swelling

All surgery has associated risks, and understanding these risks will help you feel more comfortable about them. In general, small procedures have small risks, and major procedures have larger risks. After any surgery, your body will respond by creating fluid around the operative site/area. The fluid can be seen as edema (soft swelling of the skin), or, if a potential cavity was created during the surgery, (as seen with lipo) it can manifest as a seroma (a fluid collection under the skin). In surgeries where a seroma is expected to occur, drains may be placed to remove this fluid. (This is why we get those lovely drains so be glad they are there!)

Swelling is a normal reaction of the body to an injury. The body always responds to an injury with a predictable inflammatory response, as the first step towards healing. Redness, heat, swelling and pain are associated with this first stage. Redness and heat are caused by increased blood flow. Swelling is the result of the increased movement of fluid and white blood cells into the area of inflammation. To help decrease swelling wear your CG. Compression, compression, and more compression.

Incision sites:
All incisions made during surgery need to heal, and occasionally delayed healing can occur. Smoking, diabetes, hypertension, to name a few, are some conditions that are known to slow down healing, so please be forthcoming during your preoperative interview and compliant with smoking abstinence in the peri-operative/post-operative periods.

It is normal to have some numbness near scars, as skin incisions sever small sensory nerves. Sometimes, larger regions can be affected, depending on how extensively your body tissues are moved to achieve the desired surgical changes. Typically, sensation will return over a period of months as the small nerve endings heal back into their correct locations.

The life threatening complication of blood clots to the lungs (pulmonary emboli) is well known, and steps will be taken to reduce the chance of this occurring. The risk is higher in procedures with long operative times, and is reduced through the use of compression devices during surgery. Soon after your operation, you will be asked to resume walking, as walking reduces the chance of this occurring (because it gets the blood pumping. When you lie in bed and you are swollen, blood can't pump effective and it will pool in your lower extremities; this is how clots are formed).
This is one reason it is so risky to have very lengthy operative times. Rule of thumb: the longer you are under, the higher the risk for complications.

Finally, here are some tips for a speedy recovery:
1. First and foremost, drink plenty of water! Water serves a lot of functions in the body and will be particularly good to reduce swelling after surgery. Many people wonder if adding more water to the body can only make swelling worse, but the truth is that it really helps with swelling. Remember that the human body is made up of 71% water. Drinking plenty of water will help flush out your system and assist with bowel movements. Some of the anesthetics used during surgery and your post-operative medications can cause disturbances to the gastrointestinal system and can contribute to bloating and discomfort. Drinking adequate water is essential for overall good health and it can decrease swelling. You can consume up to 8-12, 8-oz glasses of water a day, to keep your body properly hydrated and reduce the swelling.
2. Adhere to a healthy diet. Your body will need to do some repair after surgery to rebuild the tissues and promote wound closure. Hence, it is essential to consume a good diet. Consuming foods which are rich in proteins (protein helps build and repair), omega 3 essential fatty acids, iron, fiber, vitamins, and minerals as these nutrients help in the healing process in the body and also reduce swelling. Remember leafy vegetables and whole grains are good foods that reduce swelling after surgery.
3. Be careful of Sodium intake. Reducing your sodium intake from foods temporarily may also be a good idea as sodium is a natural diuretic and reduces the level of water in your body. This doesn’t mean you should not have any salt in your diet. However, avoiding prepared foods with high sodium levels is wise for overall health and especially following surgery. Many canned soups and vegetables are prepared with large amounts of sodium and salt. Additionally, deli meats, soy sauce, pickles, potato chips and pretzels are packed with high levels of sodium which increases fluid retention.
Invest in healing supplements such as Arnica and Bromelain. These homeopathic remedies help reduce bruising and swelling. It is important to build your nutrient reserves with essential supplements, as this will enable you to have better cosmetic results by allowing your body to repair itself faster, promote better wound healing, limit scarring, and reduce the risk of infection. Having an inadequate supply of nutrients before and after surgery has been associated with slower post-surgery healing, increased complications, higher risk of infection, prolonged swelling, slower wound healing and excessive scarring.

Good luck with your surgeries and happy healing!

Boobies with Salama:)

Well guys, I am back on with Dr. Salama for mt BA/BL. I talked to Cynthia yesterday and they made a price adjustment. It wasn't what I wanted, but it will do. I have learned in life you pay for what you get. Since Dr. Salama is a boss with BL, I am team Salama. I can't wait!!!. Shout out to Shanny1 for her words of encouragement. I will keep you guys posted.

Plastic Surgery Abroad...Food for thought.

I have seen a lot of profiles about various women traveling abroad for plastic surgery. I have to tip my hat to the ladies that travel to the DR, Mexico, Brazil, etc., because there is NO way I could comfortably do this. Now understand, this is simply my opinion (and you know what they say about opinions) and I am coming from a place of concern---not judgement. Please don't be offended, this is just information to help you along your journey--not hinder you.

So let's break this down. When choosing a PS, we want to get the best results for our money. We also want to feel safe, and not worry about being botched. We also factor in the price, because most of us do not have thousands of dollars just lying around. I think it is safe to say a lot of people travel to places like the DR for the price. The doctors do a nice job too (obviously) but in the end, price is the determining factor. I looked at the prices these doctors charge upfront; in the end, you are not saving that much money. By the time you add up travel arrangements, and a place to stay, anesthesia and facility fees, it is about the same amount of money. Besides, you pay for what you get.

As a nurse who works in trauma, in the ICU, I could not fathom traveling abroad for surgery. It is a huge gamble. Some of the questions you need to immediately ask yourself are: what are there guidelines for anesthesia? What are the conditions of the local hospitals? How much will it cost if your family needs to come over in the event there is a complication? Where will they stay? What if you have a complication or need a revision? How long is the flight back home? Will you develop a DVT (clot in your lower legs) as a result from sitting after sugery for a long period of time? Who governs the health care conditions and treatment of patients abroad? These are just a few questions I would ask myself before committing for surgery abroad.

In the event you are having surgery abroad, or contemplating surgery abroad, here are additional questions to ask yourself and your PS:

Unless you have met the surgeon on a prior visit, and have seen the surgery facility, how do you know that you will be comfortable with him or her, and feel secure in proceeding with surgery? Remember, a successful; doctor-patient relationship is based on confidence and trust, not on perceived savings and price. Make sure you are fully comfortable with the surgeon providing your care.

What are the risks of long flights and any additional land travel before and after surgery? Will travel have an impact on my surgical outcome? Will I have to stay longer at the tourist destination to decrease the risk of post-surgical deep vein thrombosis (DVT) before I get on a plane?
Is there an increased risk of DVT in the legs, or pulmonary embolism (blood clots in the lungs) associated with long air travel before and after surgery?

What is the surgeon's training?
Be sure that your physician has specific training in cosmetic surgery procedures through an accredited plastic surgery residency program and/or fellowship.

What specialty certification does the surgeon hold?
The International Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ( ) is a good source for finding qualified cosmetic surgeons.

What happens if you develop complications?
Make sure you know who will care for you and who is financially responsible for secondary or revisional procedures. Before you leave home check with a local Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to see if they will be willing to provide post-op or revisional care if necessary.

If you feel the surgeon has been negligent, what recourse will you have?
Find out in advance what liability coverage the physician holds and what are the local laws regarding medical malpractice.

What are the local standards of anesthesia and nursing care? What credentials do these providers hold and what are the standards of the credentials?

Is there an acute care hospital nearby if complications should arise? Is it a fully licensed, modern facility?

What physician will care for you at home if complications arise? (Big one!) Most PS do not want to touch you after a complication due to the threat of being sued themselves.

What are the surgeon's recommendations for aftercare? How long after your procedure will you need to stay in the area? Who will care for you in your initial recovery? What are the costs for this post-operative care?

Do the key personnel at the surgeon's office and in the operating room speak fluent English?
Carefully consider the total costs involved with having surgery abroad, including the additional time off work required for travel and recovery, the costs of air travel and extended stays abroad, potential costs if surgery revisions are needed subsequently, and unanticipated expenses if complications occur.

In the end, the decision is obviously yours. Complications can arise anywhere (local or abroad). Most people who travel abroad for PS come home safely and love their results. However, will you be most people, or one of the unlucky few? It begs the questions, "Where would you want to be, if a complication occurred?"

This is simply food for thought. Good luck with your surgeries and be well.

9 Days and counting!!!

So I have 9 days left before my surgery. I still cannot believe I am doing this. Well, my rental car is confirmed through Fire Fly, all my supplies and after care items are purchased, bags are packed, surgery is paid in full, and housing confirmed/paid. I found a 1 bedroom condo for rent in North Miami Beach for $89/night. I needed something with a little space since my sister and her baby will be joining me. I think this is a great deal for the location, space, and privacy. Found this on

I made it!

Ladies...I have arrived in the MIA! My preop appointment is tomorrow at 2 pm. Unsure what time I am scheduled for surgery on Friday, but I will find out tomorrow. This came sooooo fast. It seems like yesterday when I paid my deposit. It is my anniversary today, so I am off to south beach for a date with my husband. Will update and post pics tomorrow. Hoping everything goes well...

Surgery tomorrow at 7am!!!!

Measurements as of today:
Bust: 35"
Upper Waist:31"
True Waist: 34.5
Hips/Butt: 42"
Weight: 185
Height: 5'9"

So I just had my prep appointment. I must admit, I am so anxious. I think it is because I am a nurse and I am use to putting people asleep and assisting with procedures. It is hard not being in control. I feel very comfortable with Dr. Salama and his team, I am just nervous in general. So, Dr. Salama's office is in an upscale building; it is small (he had 11 seats/chairs in the waiting room). The office is contemporary and modern, I was just expecting something different. I guess I watch too much TV (Nip Tuck). LOL. I met with Naomi, she was very nice. We went over my procedure and initial postop instructions. She answered all my questions then I received my Boppy Pillow and I left.

My surgery is scheduled for 7 am tomorrow. I am the first person. I am excited about that. So I guess this time tomorrow I will be Salamafied!

I will post pictures tomorrow and throughout my healing process. Keep me in your prayers...please!

I made it

Ladies, I had my surgery yesterday. Feeling okay but emotionally spent. My son called me crying hysterically yesterday because he missed me, and I could not console him. I felt so bad and guilty. Then to top it off, had baby sitter issues. I don't do drama, I am not that girl..too polished. I will update you all on specifics, you know I love my lengthy posts. LOL. So my ass is HUGE. It is so big that I almost don't like it. I know there is tons of swelling but damn. Went for my postop appt today at 9. Salama was the only one there. He told me he put 1300 in each side. He was rushing me because he had something to do so I couldn't take any pics. I am going to shower after I rest up and I will take lots of pics in and out of my garment. My hemoglobin was only 12 so I am dizzy and beyond tired. Woke every two hrs to pee. Did not get my inner thighs lipoed due to my hemoglobin. He said he will do it when I get my boobs done in Feb.

I just want to say thank you ladies for supporting me, for words in encouragement, and treating me like family. It means so much, and I really appreciate it. I am going to take a nap now. Took everything in me to write this but wanted to let you know I am ok. BTW, my waist is small as hell. It looks amazing. Be sure to check back tonight for pics, measurements, and update

post op pics

So ladies, I told myself I wasn't going to be overcritical after the surgery. We have a tendency to n so hard on ourselves, and I promised I would wait until the swelling went down before forming an opinion. However now that I am on the other side, this is really hard to do. Point blank: I think my ass is too big. I know...everyone wants the most cc's injected into their butts, and I get a whopping 1300/side and I am mad about it. For me, I just want a nice full ass. I don't want it to b overly obvious. Looking at my ass you know i had work done. So enough about that, let's talk about the procedure.

I arrived to the surgery center, changed my clothes, then met with Dr. Salama. The rumors are true: he is very professional, straight forward, knowledgeable, and has a great bedside manner. He tells it like it is, but does it in a non offensive manner. He took pictures, drew on me, and explained everything that he was going to do. I told him I did not want a "stripper's butt" and not to give me the max, he said ok. Well the problem with Salama is he cannot help himself. He loves big ole butts. I think when he was performing the procedure, he could not imagine wasting that good fat. LOL. So anyway, I woke up in PAIN! My stomach was on fire and my ass hurt like hell. I was disoriented and nauseous. I could hear my nurse behind the curtain but I did not know her name. So I called out for a nurse and she continued to talk to her coworker for what seemed like 20 minutes. It probably was less than 5 mins but still. I have a high pain tolerance but I was in tears. She finally gave me Zofran and pain med. She didn't waste anytime getting me outta there. She put mr in a wheelchair, pushed me to the curb. and sent me on my way. Luckily Dr Salama went over everything with me. These are the important points he shared:

1. For the first 48 hrs try not to lie on your stomach. If you go home and stay on your stomach it will decrease circulation and you may get nasty burns. (lie on your sides)
2. wear your compression garment for at least 6 months.
3. After 2 weeks apply heating pad to belly and flanks for 15 mins them roll belly on yoga ball for a couple of minutes. Do this daily for 1 year.
4. He told me he doesn't inject fat into muscle because the muscles are lined with arteries and veins and the risk of getting a fat embolism is high.

Those were the key things I learned that I wanted to share. As far as my recovery goes, my pain is about a 3-4. I still have nausea, and get dizzy when standing for long periods. The pain in a burning/throbbing sensation. I am starting to itch, and it is driving me nuts. The first night did not sleep much because I had to pee every two hours. My husband has been great, and I couldn't have done it without him.

Some of the essential things you need are:
Female urinal. (this is the best thing ever when use correctly)
Grabber if possible
Liner for bed and lots of chucks
gauze, tape, peroxide and neosporin

That's all I can think of right now. I will be sure to update more. Did not take my measurements because I am too weak. Will post when I feel better.

Thanks for all your love and support. You ladies are awesome. Please share your thoughts and feel free to check me if you think I am exaggerating the size of my butt. I hope it goes down!!!

Bullied by nausea...

Girl can I tell you how this nausea has pimped my life down here in Miami. LOL. To start, this surgery is no joke. You cannot prepare yourself for it completely, because unless you have encountered it before, you have nothing to measure it against. Pain is relative. While pain meds are on board my pain is a constant--yet tolerable 3-4. The issue with this surgery is everything else that comes with it: nausea, generalized weakness, swelling, consistently depending on others to complete simple tasks, not sleeping, peeing every two hours, constant drinking fluids, constantly taking meds, not being able to sit on your ass, etc. All these things combined can be emotionally overwhelming. So please try to prepare yourself mentally. Know this is a long process, and you are not going to b able to come down here have surgery, then go home and pick up where you left off. Make provisions.

Now lets get into Dr. Salama. He is a beast, he knows what he is doing, and that's why he is my doctor. No shade to the other PS. What do I mean? I had consults with other PS. I was told by more than 1 doctor I needed a tummy all of them that I needed a tummy tuck. Dr. Salama told me I did not and he would be my tummy flat. Please believe it! Not only is my tummy flat, my skin is tight too. So I am excited about my results in 6 months with continued good eating, waist training, and moderate exercise. Also, Dr Salama lipo'ed the fatty area above my vagina. I didn't ask him or pay extra for him to do it. My arms were lipo'ed as well; upon inspect I can't see a difference so I am sure they will shrink with massages, and when the swelling goes down. Surprisingly, my arms are not bad. They were a little sore the first day, but not bad at all. You use your arms a lot to help support your weight and get you in/out of bed; I suggest implementing arms work into your routine to help your recovery.

I have my first massage tomorrow at 9. Dreading it! I have a lot of fluid and swelling so I need it. Your skin is so sensitive to the touch; it feels 1000X more sensitive before the surgery. God help me. I will post more pics and updates tomorrow after my massage. Pray for me.. lol.

Sorry forgot

not doing well

Ladies, i am not doing too well. I still have nausea weakness, i am constipated, and swelling is beyond normal. At the doctor trying to figure the problem out. Will post update when i feel Better. Please pray for me. Starting to feel like i should have never done this.

Hemaglobin 7.3!!!

No wonder i feel like shit. I knew something was wrong with me. They nurse keep telling me this is i am at the surgery center getting ready to get blood and fluids. Will update once i leave. Pray for me.

Feeling better

Girls...this has been one hell of a journey. I went to the surgery center and Dr. Salama was there waiting for me. He is so nice. We decided to give me fluids to help keep me hydrated. Since I am not bleeding anymore, my hemoglobin will slowly come up. I still feel weak, but better than yesterday. I was scheduled to fly home today and follow up with my PCP. Well, I missed my flight; that is another long ass story I will report once I am feeling better. I fly home tomorrow, go get my hemoglobin checked, and I will follow up with you all at that time. Thanks for all your words of encouragement. Will post plenty of pics, and I am also going to generate a list of things to expect, what not to do, things to buy, and things you shouldn't waste your money on. Plus a list of questions to ask your doctor.

My experience could have happened to anyone. We know the risks, we just hope it doesn't happen to us in the back of our minds...right? This is why I said I could not imagine doing this procedure abroad. Be well ladies, and stay tuned.

Oh, as soon as I feel better, I will respond to all of your comments.

Love you all...

I made it home!!!

Feeling a little better day-by-day. I have been walking around a lot and standing today, which is a major improvement. Earlier in the week, I could not even stand long enough to take a shower without feeling like I was going to pass out. This tells me, my hemoglobin is slowly starting to come up. Since I did not make it home until 4 pm yesterday, I will not go to the doctor until 9 am on Monday; I will update at this time.

I have so much to tell you all I don't know where to start. Let's start with my message. So I have a high tolerance for pain. I stopped taking my constipation causing pain meds Wednesday. Occasionally, I will take 1/2 of a pain pill, but I take Ultram twice a day or Advil. Like I said before, I never had a lot of pain, just a lot of discomfort. What do i mean: I feel like the Michelin man with all this swelling. The swelling is intense, it feels like pressure and pulling at the same time, and it burns in certain areas as well. It's hard to describe. The top layer of your skin is hypersensitive. So a brief brush against the skin is torture. This brings me to Celia. In preparation for my first massage, I took a whole Percocet about 45 mins before. Nothing can prepare you for the message, it is worse than I thought it would be. However, I just grabbed onto the legs of the message table and bared it. It is something you have to do. To start, she takes an ultrasonic type machine that has prongs on it and deeply rubs your skin with it in a circular motion. Then she deeply, and I mean deeply, massages your skin and pushes the fluid in the direction of your lymph nodes. It was crazy, I could hear the fluid as she pushed it down my back. The whole process takes 45 mins. After I was done, she told me I was a, "strong-strong woman." When I asked her why she said that, she told me because every person she has done their first massage on cried and I did not. So be prepared. As I said, I have a high pain tolerance. I had a c-section with my daughter, left the hospital the next day, and was home cooking tacos that night.

After the massage, I felt 100% better. So just tell yourself, you will feel better afterwards and you will. After the massage, she fits you into your stage 2 CG and foam. The stage 2 garment is much tighter than the initial garment. To me, it feels much better because I swell up and fill with fluid when the garment is not tight enough. I was put into a 3 X garment. I big ass and hips. I was a 3X on the bottom, but an XL on my waist and bust. So we stuff the garment with extra foam around my waist. The next day when I awoke, It was so uncomfortable. It felt like someone was squeezing my ribs together. OMG. Ladies, whatever you do, DONT TAKE THE GARMENT OFF. If you do, you will swell, and you will regret it. Take a pain pill if necessary. I left home still in the 3X garment. I just ordered the Vedette 136 in 2XL. I think I am going to like it much better. The garment I am in now does not apply pressure to the top of my butt. It looks like he gave me a shelf, which I did not want. So I am going to get a garment to smooth the shelf out, since my butt is still being shaped/formed. I got on the scale this morning and I am 198, that's fluid and the garments. I all slowly go down in weight. My goal weight is 155-160. I did measure myself, but now I am so swollen, I will have to remeasure myself again at the end of the week to get a clearer picture.

Current measurements:
Bust: 36
Underbust: 31
Waist: 32.5
Hips/butt: 47

Stay tuned for more pics and updates, hope you enjoy the pics!

Everything you wanted to know about Anemia

Since I received some questions about anemia, and hemoglobin crashing after surgery, I decided to create a post. I hope this helps. FYI: for those of you traveling abroad, be sure to check out the processes involved with screening blood in case you need a transfusion. Some countries do not screen blood products for HIV/Hep C. Who wants to go abroad for a big butt, and leave with HIV? No gawd!!!!!

What is anemia?
Anemia is a below-normal level of hemoglobin or hematocrit. The red blood cells contain a protein called hemoglobin, also known as Hb or Hgb. This molecule carries oxygen from the lungs to the different parts of the body. A normal hemoglobin level is at 13.8 to 17.2 gm/dL of blood for males and 12.1 to 15.1 gm/dL of blood for females. Anemia can be a temporary condition, a consequence of other health conditions, or it can be a chronic problem. People with mild anemia may not have any symptoms or may have only mild symptoms. People with severe anemia may have problems carrying out routine activities and can feel tired or experience shortness of breath with activity.

How common is anemia in surgery patients?
Anaemia is common after major surgery and seems easily explained by blood loss during and after surgery. Moreover, therapy is simple: either transfusions with red cells are given or iron tablets are prescribed. Studies have shown anemia is present in 56% of patients before surgery (depending on the type of problem they are having surgery for and their overall health). After surgery, anemia is even more common, affecting 90% of patients.

Causes of low hemoglobin count:
A slight decrease in hemoglobin does not necessarily indicate an illness. Some people adapt to slightly low hemoglobin count, like woman who are menstruating or pregnant.

A significantly low hemoglobin count may be associated with disease or any condition that causes the blood to have very few red blood cells (RBC). This occurs if the body manufactures a smaller number of RBC than normal, if these blood cells are destroyed more rapidly than they are created, or if one experiences blood loss.

Certain conditions and diseases cause the body to manufacture fewer RBC than normal, and these include:

Vitamin deficiency
Iron deficiency
Aplastic anemia
Multiple myeloma
Myelodysplastic syndromes
Kidney disease
Hodgkin's lymphoma (Hodgkin's disease)
Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
Lead poisoning
Medications like anti-retroviral drugs and chemotherapy drugs

Symptoms of low hemoglobin count:
A person who has a slightly low hemoglobin level may not feel any symptoms at all. Some may experience mild symptoms of dizziness, but those who are moderately anemic may also feel chronically tired, and may experience frequent headaches, lack of concentration, or fatigue. A very low hemoglobin count reduces the body's ability to carry oxygen to the vital organs. This may lead to shortness of breath and an increase in pulse rate, which are the ways by which the body compensates to increase the output of the heart. These may also lead to palpitations and chest pains.

Visible signs of low hemoglobin count include paleness of the skin, gums, and nail beds. In serious cases, the arms and legs may become swollen, and the individual may experience excessive sweating, heartburn, vomiting, bruises, and bloody stools.

Treatment for low hemoglobin count:
Blood test- A routine blood test will show if you have a low hemoglobin count. The underlying cause of anemia, if present, will be shown by doing a complete medical history, physical examination and other laboratory blood tests.
Medications and supplements- Doctors usually prescribe iron and vitamin supplements to improve the hemoglobin levels. Although these supplements may be obtained over-the-counter, it is better to consult a doctor who can recommend appropriate dosage and type of supplement depending on the patient's health condition. Other medications may be needed to treat the underlying disease that is causing one's low hemoglobin count.
Diet- Proper diet, which includes foods that contain a high amount of iron, is recommended. Recommended food sources of iron include red meat, oysters, shrimp, leafy green vegetables, beans, peas, cereals, raisins, and dried apricots.
It may take many months of taking supplements and improving the diet before the level of hemoglobin increases. Therefore, people who are at a risk of having low hemoglobin count must take adequate amounts of food that are high in iron food to prevent it.

16 days post op and loving my results. has been 16 days, and I must admit the journey has been a long one. I am feeling ok, I still get very tired quickly. The doctor says it is going to take a while to get back to myself, and he told me to take it easy. My hemoglobin on Monday was 8.6. Still very low, but being I was 12 before the surgery, I don't have that far to go. I did find out something interesting about iron supplements and your hemoglobin. Apparently, Taking iron supplements for one month, you will only see an increase of hemoglobin of 1 point. So, if you know you are slightly anemic start taking your iron 2-3 months before your least. If you are anemic, you should already be taking iron daily.

I started wearing a 2XL Vedette 136 on Tuesday. I found it on Amazon for $50 after tax and shipping. As of today, I am ready of a XL. My compression garment for my arms is a XL as well. I am ready for a L. I already have one; however, it does not full enclose my shoulders/top of my arms, and when I wore it my arms immediately were swollen. So, I need to order another like the one Dr. Salama gave me. I must say, it is awful!!! It is the bane of my existence. It is horrible trying to sleep on my sides. I cannot take it. I have to wear it for 6 weeks, and I cannot wait to be free from it!!!

I took some pictures of me in the Vedette 136, me in sweats, me in tights, and without clothes to get a general idea of where I am in the healing process.

Enjoy the pics ladies. P.S. I put that gray sports bra on and that bitch hurt like a mutha taking it off. I must really love your guys to have put it on so soon. Ouch...

3 weeks Post-Op...3 more weeks to go before I can safely sit:(

Well ladies, I am 3 weeks post-op, and I have 3 more weeks to go before I can safely sit. I feel about 50% of my normal self, and I am slowly starting to get my energy back. Thank God I have a husband, because I would be in a world of hurt; I cannot work for at least for 2 more weeks; I am simply too weak. Damn hemoglobin. Please keep in mind, most people will be able to get around and go back to work sooner, I am just a special case...of course.

It has been very hard not sitting. In fact, I am not sure how I have done it. All I think about all day is sitting on my ass. But, I REFUSE! There is no way I am making this ass flat, not after everything I have been through. Dr. S. says if you sit before 6 weeks you can get flat spots..which is true. I had to sit for about 3 hours in the airport/and airplane. I have a small flat spot which is now looking like a dent. No big deal, nothing to EVER make me want to do round 2. So I lie on my sides, I stand and do things around the house until I get tired, I lie on my stomach, and I sit in my director's chair--which is uncomfortable as hell. I cannot stand to sit in it for more than an hour at a time. I have found, when you sit on a Yoga roll, or chair with the bottom cut out, you put most of the pressure your butt would absorb, onto your thighs; and it hurts after a while.

I started driving on Monday (17 days post-op) and that was a trip. I found an extra thick Yoga mat on Amazon for $25, best investment by the way, and it works perfectly. The only problem, since I am 5'9", I have to hunch over to get into the car, and the steering wheels rubs on my thighs. Then, my head is inches away from the roof of the car, I look like I am 6'9" driving. LOL. It is so funny. Other than that, driving is fine, it is just an adjustment sitting so high in the air.

I have had 7 messages and scheduled for my 8th on Tuesday. I am going to get 12. I started out getting 2 a week, but I noticed I had a lot of inflammation and fluid retention, so I bumped it up to 3 a week on Monday; it seems to be working out nicely. Now lets talk about these message therapist for a minute. I have had the worst time finding a good one. To start, it is damn near impossible to find a therapist who compares to Celia... let's be real. Then it seems equally impossible, in this conservative ass town, to find a "qualified" Lymphatic Drainage Masseuse. So I went to my first message therapist, and she didn't know what the hell she was doing. Came home and had my husband give me a massage. Then went to the second lady. This Bitch, and I mean Bitch, acted like she was afraid to touch me. I guess she thought she was going to hurt me. I told heron advance what and had done and I also told her, "This will be uncomfortable for me, but just do your thing; it is something I gotta do". Still, she was lightly tapping my skin and rubbing on my forehead. I was so pissed. Paid $65 for that massage. Then when I asked her if I had a lot of fluid built up she said, "Well...go home and see how much you pee. What? Bitch I asked how my fluid I had! I already pee every 2-3 hours because I drink a lot of water, so WTF is that going to tell me. I was so mad.

So finally, I had my little sister come over. We looked on YouTube, and I showed her how Celia did my massages. She did it better than the massage people. I will have her do my massages, for free, from now on. Note ladies: When you call to schedule your messages, make sure the person is specialized in treating people who have had liposuction. Lymphatic Drainage Message is different for a person who has Lymphodema than a liposuction patient. The problem is, fluid builds up and causes inflammation. Inflammation can lead to scarring if not properly treated. Meaning, you will heal with those pockets of fluid and inflammation and the end results will not be smooth. We treat this with compression garments and massages. If your compression garment is not tight enough, fluid can build up. That's why I asked her dumb ass if I had a lot of fluid. You need to have an open dialogue with your message therapist. He/She should tell you if you have any areas of concern and so on.

Let's talk about compression garments. The best garment for compression I found was the stage 2 I got from Dr. S. The only problem, I didn't like the way it shaped my butt, and it irritates the hell out of your vagina. I cut the opening for the vagina, but it had me so irritated,red, and swollen. I couldn't continue to wear it for that reason. So, when I got home I wore the Vedette 136. This is my favorite. The next week I put on the Vedette 128. I hate it. For me, the thong in my butt and in my vagina was too much, no GAWD!!! Again, I am tall, so women of an average height probably will not have this problem. Also, I don't like how it only covers the waist. Dr. S. does lipo our backs as well, so it is important to keep those areas covered. I am now ready for a size L compression garment. I think I am just going to take my Vedette 136 to get taken in. I see no reason to buy more compression garments. I have already spent $9000 for the surgery alone.

So, I emailed Dr. S., and he emailed me right back. He was super nice as always. He told me I am looking good and to make sure I use the heating pad and ball everyday. In fact, every time I talk to him, he says that, so I make sure to incorporate it into my daily routine. At week 2, you should start applying a heating pad to the lipo'ed areas for a total of 15 mins. Then use your body weight and roll around on an exercise ball or Yoga mat for a couple of mins. I think it keeps the skin smooth and tight. It also helps with fluid build-up and inflammation. I started doing it to my arms and noticed a .75 " decrease within 24 hours. You should do this everyday for 1 year...yes 1 year! it only takes 20 mins you can do it and it's worth it.

I haven't start wearing a waist cincher yet, may start this week. I think I am going to do the Squeem Vest. I already have the Squeem cincher in M but it is so small; fits like an XS. I am still working on a list with pictures of items to buy and not to buy as well as things to do for your trip. I will be sure to finish it up and post it soon. I wish I would have had this when I was planning my trip. Instead, I read multiple posts from different people and just copied/pasted a bunch of info.

O...I almost forgot, my current measurements:

Under bust: 31"
Waist" 30"
Hips/Butt: 46" (lost an inch since I last measured a couple of weeks ago)
Weight: 191 (up from 185; fluid and swelling)

Good luck with your journey ladies and thanks for following me!

Supplies needed for your surgery

Here are a list of Supplies I needed for my surgery. All these things I found helpful in one capacity or another. In the end, do what works best for you. This is simply a tool to use while preparing for your trip.

General Things Needed for BBL:
- Bacterial Soap (like Dial or Safegaurd)
- Hibiclens liquid skin cleanser
- Feminine wipes or baby wipes (a must) Prevail Wipes/bath cloths were amazing!
- Gauze/tape
- Small scissors
- Hair Ties/band to hold JP drain while in the shower
- Hair products
- Lotion
- Deo
- Lip balm (lips will be dry after surgery)
- Tooth brush/tooth paste
- Neosporin
- Maxi pads (will help with soreness from garment)
- Liner for bed (very important!!!!)
- Disposable Chucks pads
- Pajamas
- Socks and house shoes
- Compression socks (Dr. provides but bring an extra pair to wear when you wash the other ones)
- Peroxide
- Q Tips
- Loofa and exfoliating shower scrub (pre-op surgery shower)
- Razors or Nair (pre-op shaving a must; please get the vagina right)
- Thermometer
- pStyle (easy to pee with) $15.75
- Sipping straws (a must)
- Squeem Magical Lingerie wash – Amazon $19.39 (a must)
- Boppy Pillow (office provides this)
- Cell charger, music, iPad, laptop (things to keep you busy)
- Protein Powder/Meal supplement @ GNC (Lean Cinnabon Flavor was delicious!)
- Schedule massages prior to having surgery

- Arnica Gel and tablets
- Bromelain Pills (Found on Amazon for $38)
- Prescription: Percocet, Zofran, Keflex, Colace
- Swiss Kriss from Whole foods (Best Laxative ever and it’s all natural!)
- Multi vitamin with at least 325 mg of iron daily, and vitamin C
- BioCorneum (Dr. Salama recommends this for scars) -

Compression Garments:
-Lipo express or
- Vedette 136 (Amazon $50)
- Abdominal Board – $20.00
- Waist clencher
- Epi-foam pad – $43.50 also on amazon for $10

- Maxi dresses
- Robe to wear day of surgery
- Slide on slippers/shoes/sandals to wear the day of surgery
- Loose fitting pants/sweats/lounge pants to wear day of surgery (TJ MAXX)
- lounge sweat pants/shirts
- Several tight fitting tanks to place under garment (I bought several tight tanks from Forever 21 for like $1.80 each)
- Cheap post-op underwear

The most helpful things I found for my trip were:

1. The PStyle Female urinal. By far the best/most helpful item I bought for this trip. The key is you have to press the smaller pointy end against your urethra and ensure the entire opening is pressed against your vagina. Worked like a charm. You don't need a big cup to pee into. You should get up and walk to pee into the toilet, provided it is close and not up a lot of steps.
2. Squeem Garment Wash: Best thing ever. Was $20 on Amazon, works like a charm and smells great
3. The metal grabber. You will not be able to reach things or bend over to get things off the floor. This was a life saver.
4. Sipping straws: a must! Since you can't sit, you either stand to eat/drink or lie in bed. It is hard as hell to drink without aspirating while lying down.
5. Liner or shower curtain liner for bed. This is a must! I did not have one, had lots of Chucks pads and still bled onto the bed and pillows.
6. Swis Kriss Natural Laxtive from Whole Foods: I have tried a lot of laxatives because I become severely constipated/impacted with use of narcotics. I have tried Mag Citrate, Milk of Mag, Miralax, Suppositories, etc. Nothing has worked like Swiss Kriss. Take 2 pills mooring and night, and you WILL have a BM the next day; this I promise! This is a MUST have!!! (it's $8

Other words of advice:

1. Don't over pack. Just bring the essentials. Remember, anything over 50 lbs will cost you an extra $125 fee each way. It's not worth it.

2. Arrange for wheelchair service on your way back home and make sure you get an aisle seat so you can stand frequently without disturbing anyone. Also, you go through security screening super quickly.

3. Find a coccyx pillow to sit on that allows you to put pressure on your thighs while on the airplane. The Boppy was super uncomfortable. I don't have any recommendations, but I am sure you guys can find something before your surgery.

4. Don't spend a lot of money on a chair to sit in post op. Get something that sits closer to the ground. The higher you sit, the more gravity pulls on you and the more uncomfortable it is. Also, make sure to sit in it for a while BEFORE your surgery. I wish I would have done this!

5. When you get a hotel/condo, get something where you don't have to walk a long distance to get to the car and back into the house. This is important.

6. Try to stay within 20 mins to Dr. Salama. You will lie in the back seat to get home and to the office. This is super uncomfortable. Me, I pushed the passenger seat as far forward as it would go. I got 2 pillows from the house and kneeled in the back seat (facing the seats) the whole way. That was a little better. People were looking at me like I was crazy but I didn't give a damn! (You won't me)

7. Also keep in mind Miami traffic is crazy. Map out your route and directions ahead of time.

8. Don't stress out too much about sitting. There are a couple of times when you have to sit. Nothing you can do about it, stand when you can. Some surgeons tell people they can sit immediately; some don't recommend sitting for 2-3 weeks. Our surgeon strongly urges you not to sit for 6 weeks. Each Surgeon has their own technique so be sure to follow their recommendations. Truth be told, fat survival has to deal with the person, how resilient your fat is, the surgeon and their technique, etc. No one really knows...

9. Be sure to fly into FLL airport not MIA; it is closer.

10. Be sure to have someone with you to care for you for the first 3 days minimum!!!! This is NOT something you can do on your own, or even with part-time support. You need someone with you day and night for the first 3 days period. If you cannot find anyone, call the office. If you still can't find someone, reschedule your surgery until you can. This is not a joke ladies.

Good luck with your surgeries, and happy healing!

Forgot a couple items on the list of must haves....

Don't forget the extra thick Yoga mat, and a heating pad to use starting week 2.

Don't Be That Girl...

You know, I read profile, after profile, with women who complain about their results, and it seems nothing will make them happy. Don't be that girl who is over critical, and ultimately unhappy within; they seek "perfection" and have surgery after surgery trying to find it. Only to end up looking unrecognizable (and unattractive) in the end.

Trust me when I say, "It is easy to fall into this trap". I have caught myself on several occasions looking in the mirror finding the smallest imperfection to add to my Plastic Surgery List. It's ridiculous! I will point these things out to my husband and he will say, "I don't see what you are talking about." Finally he told me, "Why are you so insecure?" It was an eye opener.

I have always wanted lipo of my abdomen and flanks and a boob job...ALWAYS. But, picking myself apart in the mirror is new all together. Plastic Surgery is addictive, and once you open that can of worms, it is easy to fall into that trap of "perfection".

What is perfection anyway? Can someone define it for me? I am sure we all have different opinions and images of perfection...or what we think it is. We criticize little Kim; but how easy is it to fall into that same lane with unlimited funds? When is enough ever enough? How many of us are talking about a round 2 before 3 months post-operatively have passed?

I love this community because I have never in my life been around a group of women so complimenting and supportive. However, and I will be honest: I am getting real tired of hearing how we hate our entire bodies. How is this possible? You hate everything God created for you? Maybe that's why we are so obsessed with Wish Pics?

I read a profile where a woman had a BBL and was upset the doctor did not make her look exactly like her wish pic. Really? I have said this before and I will say it again: "Wish pics should be used for guidance not for photocopy onto yourself." This is very unrealistic. If plastic surgeons could take a picture and make someone (with surgery) look just like the picture, how many Kim Kardashians would we have running around here? Additionally, I am going to let you in on a little secret: Doctors hate wish pics.

Don't be that girl who hates herself and seeks to clone herself in someone else's image. We all have great attributes. Don't be that girl to nit pick and complain about every little thing. It is tiring, and we need positive supportive people in our lives. How draining is it to be around a person who always has a sob story or something is tragically wrong in their life E-V-E-R-Y day? Don't be that girl. Instead, learn to embrace yourself, and be the best person you can be. You probably don't like what you see in the mirror, and in turn have become someone else's "Wish Pic." Funny how that works!

In the end, you have to put the work in. A BBL in most successful on women 15 -30 or 40 lbs overweight. Don't think you cannot exercise and eat whatever you want because you are going to get it "sucked" out. Noting in life worth having comes easily. You can go and have every little thing you think is a problem fixed and in the end you will still be unhappy. True happiness starts from within, and that is something surgery cannot fix.

Food for thought...and that was free.

Good day ladies and happy healing!

4 Weeks Post Opp!

I will be 4 weeks post op tomorrow. I feel about 60-65% of my normal self. I have had 9 massages and plan to have a total of at least 12. I still have a lot of inflammation. As soon as I take my compression garments off, I can feel my stomach starting to swell.

I took my stage 2 compression garment, I got from Dr. Salama, to get altered. Cost me $16. I ended up taking 3-4 inches off each side. I started off in a 3XL garment. I am now down to a L with medium squeem on top with all of my foam and abdominal board on. Yes, I still wear my foam, and I wear my abdominal board all day. In fact, I never take my garments, foam, or board off. Only to shower and to apply my heating pad.

As you can see, I am slimming down nicely. I use the heating pad and yoga ball everyday; this also helps with the inflammation. By the end of next week, I will be in a medium compression garment with a small Squeem vest on top (who would have thought!).

Also, I do not sit on my butt. As you can see, it is nice and round. I do have a couple of dents, but nothing major. Natural large butts tend to have dents (fat deposits) in them. My butt is soft all over and jiggles a little. It is still a little firm in the middle, but it is not hard. The edges and my hips are totally soft. I can't wait for the fluff; maybe 1 or 2 more weeks.

Thanks for following me, and happy healing.

Do you know your butt's shape?

None of us have the same Body Shape. And in particular, our butts come in all shapes and sizes. Are you familiar with different Butt Shapes? Let's explore them:

"V" Shaped Butt: The V- shaped has fullness at the hips and top of the butt, but narrows in size and shape towards the bottom of the butt. The butt is much bigger than the waist. This projects the appearance that the butt is heavier than it is. The shape of the smaller waist in comparison to the larger butt creates the appearance of a V.

Square Shaped Butt or also called (masculine looking butt): Square butts are equal in size from waist to hips. This creates a flat appearance. These body types contain low amount of fat at their waist. It is often very difficult to reshape them and requires aggressive and hard surgeries to reshape them.

Round Butt also called Cherry Shaped Booty and Bubble Butt: These butts are almost even all around and appear round. The Waist to hip ratio of the person with round butts is equal. It has a very full appearance. The problem with this shape of butt is that too much fat in the butt can make this butt disproportionate to the rest of the body. These butts can be easier to shape than other types by incorporating a well-balanced diet with good macro nutrient balance and exercise. This way you may be able to get rid of any excess fat on the butt. However, keeping in mind that it is very difficult to spot reduce fat off the body.

Heart (A-Shaped Butt or also called Oval Booty): This was my butt shape before surgery. Per Dr. Salama, this shape is the best to work with because there is already some projection and the waist is smaller than the hips. Most consider this the most attractive and sexiest shape butt. An A-shaped butt has a smaller top and flared large bottom at the bottom by the thighs. Women with this butt shape have a smaller waistline wherein the body increases in volume going down. This shape is easier to enhance than others. However, there is generally not a lot of fat that is available to create a bigger shape. Therefore their expansion is bit difficult. However if excessive fat is available they can be made more prominent and beautiful.

Find out your butt shape before your surgery so you can know what to expect. If you have a tight masculine booty, those are very difficult to work with, and often times do not hold a lot of fat. I am not sure why this is not discussed further with us before our surgeries. But now you know and knowledge is power.

So sad...I can't fit any of my jeans:(

Let me tell you, I am a jean whore. I am a very simple girl. I love torn jeans and a tank with cute accessories, a nice handbag, and a nice pair of shoes. I also love jackets and coats. My sister's boyfriend called to invite me to her surprise engagement dinner tomorrow so I have to find something to wear. I tired on my jeans, and I can sadly fit one pair!!! I wore a size 10 before the surgery due to my hips. Now I wear a 12 and it has to have a lot of stretch. Also, I will need to buy high waist jeans.

On a good noted, I could not fit any of my coats/jackets due to my arms and stomach, now I can fit every single great looking jacket and coat I own:)

Found this store:

They sell jeans made for girls with big butts. I plan on checking them out since it seems impossible to find anything that fits. Also, I have found a great seamstress to take in my clothes as needed.

Hot or Nah?

Happy Friday, you can tell I am feeling better because I am posting a lot? LOL. Actually, I have a lot going on today. I thought I would take a quick pic for the haters in my family. Girl I gotta pump myself up to go deal with this ish tonight. Luckily, I cannot sit so I will not be staying at this event (my family is hosting) long.

I just don't understand people sometimes. I am not a hater. I have no problem complimenting or helping other women. I don't want your man, got one of those! I'm good in that department. The women in my family, they always feel the need to try to compete with me. I got a new house, everybody gotta go get a new house? I found a really great school for my son to go to, now you gotta try to out do my son's school. I bought all new furniture when I got my house, guess what, now you don't want the furniture in your house. I got a new car 2 years ago, due for an upgrade actually, now you gotta run out and get a new car. WTF?

This goes on with all the women in my family. Ordinarily, I take it as a complement; I am just getting really tired of it. I am not doing anything no one else can do. I just work really hard to get the things I have, including my husband! And, I am not a show off. I am so reserved; I stay in my lane for real.

So today's pic is to all the haters in my family: here's to you bish; now kiss my big ass! (I have always wanted to say that:)

Have a nice weekend ladies!!!!

How to Handle Haters....

The power of a booty...who knew? I didn't because I never had a big booty. Always, had a pretty face, and carried myself well (or so they say), but never a big booty. Let me tell you something about this booty: we ask for it, plan for it, count the days down to it, and then it's here. Please be prepared for the stares. People are so ignorant. They stare to the point it is uncomfortable. When I use to see Kim Kardashian in swim suits with wraps on, I use to say, "Girl you better show that donk." Now I know why she would wrap shirts and sarongs around her waist; the stares are very uncomfortable.

I went into the gas station the other day. The man who was checking me out was baffling and literally sweating. He told me, without me asking, "Damn baby you got me f@#$ed up. I gotta get my life right." I knew what he was talking about. I didn't even go any further. I am married for one, and for two, I have been in that gas station numerous times, but now I got this donk I "got your life messed up?" Boy bye! This is the power of the butt!

Family: Girls get ready, the butt is a hell of a drug. This butt make people lose their minds---especially women. I never told anyone what I was doing, not even my husband. I told them I was getting liposuction. I had to tell my little sister, because she came down to Miami to help me. She only found out when she entered the room and saw my big butt. No one else knows (my husband knows now). When I went to the family outing, with style and grace, all kinds of rumors started flying. I got butt shots, my butt is fake, I am wearing butt pads, etc. I just smiled. Before leaving, I grabbed both ass checks and said, "For the record, silicone don't jiggle like this bish. This is ALL me and a'int nothing fake about it!" LOL!

Haters are going to hate, they can't help it. Just don't let negative comments and people keep you from your dreams. For those of you getting ready for surgery, I pray God keeps you covered in the blood of Jesus, and wish you all the best. For those of you recovering, happy healing; for those of you thinking about this journey, just be realistic with your expectations, and don't let people keep you from your goals.

Wishing everyone continued success...and happy healing.

5 weeks post op...H-A-L-L-E-L-U-J-A-H

Hallelujah, I am 5 weeks post op, and have almost made it to 6 say, "Amen." Not sitting on my butt is torment. I'm telling you, this should be used in psychological warfare. In fact, I bet the crime rate would go down if we started punishing people with, "Sitting on your butt restrictions". My stomach is mad as hell; last night my stomach spoke to me and was like, "Look bish, I am going to need you go cut me some slack and put your butt back into rotation. In fact, I have done my part in the recovery of your surgery; enough is enough!" LOL. No but seriously, not sitting on your butt is something you don't think about until you can't do it. It is really hard!

Speaking of sitting, I had to take my daughter to get tubes placed in her ears yesterday, and I had to sit a couple of times. They kept telling me, "Have a seat" and I was like, "Hell no ma'am!" LOL. I did sit for a couple of minutes, which I don't think hurt anything, but you all know I do not sit directly on my butt. I got one more week to go; I have come all this way, so one more week won't kill me (or so I think).

I am feeling about 75% of my normal self. I am now in a medium Vedette 136. I took my stage 2 garment from Dr. Salama to get altered last week. Before the week was out, I could no longer fit it. I am also using a small Squeem vest...who knew. By the end of next week (week 6), I will be in a small Vedette. I will take the medium Vedette, I have now, to get altered and buy and extra small Squeem vest. I will wear the small CG until week 8; at that time I will take off the foam and board and apply the XS Squeem vest, and wear it until I can't take it any longer (at least 12 weeks, and up to 1 year). My butt is getting softer everyday, but still no fluff yet (can't wait for the fluff). I have had 12 massages, and I plan on getting one a week until my swelling subsides. I still have a lot of swelling in my belly and lower back.

So remember I told you, last Friday to be exact, my sister was having a surprise engagement party? Well, the wedding was today! I know, WTF, I am saying the same thing. She called me yesterday to tell me she was getting married at the courthouse today. What is the rush? I instantly thought, “O God... I gotta go deal with, that family today. I went because I had to support my little sister, but I did not want to go. Sheesh, a bish need at least a month between family engagements to fully recover. LOL. So when I walked in, the tension was so thick. There were stares and nasty looks, but your girl was on point so I just smiled and kept it moving. The wedding was nice, but it is a shame people can’t be happy for you. One girl did say, “dang gotta a Nikki Manaj back there!” I was thinking, "Not a Nikki", but that’s cute.

So my clothes: I can fit one pair of my jeans, and I cannot fit any of my tops. All of them are too big in the waist. I can, however, fit my old clothes that I held onto; you know the ones you need a miracle to fit back into but don't let go of them because they are so cute? Yeah those, I can fit all of those. Belts, I can also fit belts again since my flat tire of a stomach is gone. I refused to wear them before my surgery because it gave me a serious muffin top…no bueno! LOL. I am a size 12 ( in the butt and hips) 10 if it is super stretchy, and a 6 in the waist (hey...).

Underbust: 30
Waist: 29
Hips/Butt: 46 (lost 1" since I started measuring 1 week post op)

Happy Friday ladies!

Been a Bad Bish...

I have been a member on RS for maybe 4-5 months. I have read profiles where women state they are going to, “Take a break” from RS due to the negativity. Up until recently, I had never encountered any negativity. Personally, I don’t do social media, I don't have IG or FB; I really am a private person. However, when I started researching PS for my BBL, I found this site and community very helpful.

By joining RS, I was able to gain a lot of knowledge about the procedure and PS, I would have (honestly) never found on my own. I also formed relationships with people I would have never made, had it not been for RS. For that I am grateful.

Since I had my surgery I have encountered some hate and negativity. Let’s clear some things up…shall we? To start, Dr. Salama did a wonderful job. But, I been a bad bish; what’s understood needs no understanding so I won’t go any further with that. I am doing everything I need to do to get the best results possible. I wear my compression garment all day everyday; I wear my foam and board, I get my massages, I waist train, and I don’t sit on my butt (for starters). Honestly, that’s neither here not there.

This is an environment to help others, not bring them down. I understand…bitter people are everywhere. I will fall back on posting a lot of pictures because I see you can't take it. Do yourself a favor and stop stalking my profile, because it’s not a good look for you. BTW, you need no introduction, as you know who you are.

I am 100% genuine when I say, “I wish EVERYONE the best and pray you have a safe/speedy recovery.” Also, I know I am helping people with the information I have posted, so I will continue to go out-of-my-way for others in the that regard. What you obvious have misinterpreted for kindness was weakness. Although I may have “Been a bad bish” I have never been a punk. So… “Don’t pull it!”

People have a hard time prospering in life because they are always worried about the wrong things. What you need to do is worry about your upcoming surgery and stop focusing on me because I am good. I don't live in your city, I don’t want your man, and I have designed my own career path. In fact, if I ever saw you, you wouldn’t catch my attention because the only thing you have going for yourself is a big butt. I tend to encompass myself around positive successful people.

Good dad ladies!

Fat Necrosis...what is it?

Fat necrosis is the destruction of fat cells inside the body. It occurs when the blood supply to the fat is inadequate. The fat cells die and as they die they release fatty acids and other chemicals that causes inflammation and swelling and sometimes pain. As the cells break down, a mass of rubbery tissue can form. This lump will be palpable to the patient if it is near the surface. Usually fat necrosis presents as a non-tender lump, however sometimes it can be painful.

MRI and/or physical exam will confirm if the lump(s) is fat necrosis. Also, physical exam will decide if liposuction will remove it or direct surgical excision and subsequent repeat of the Brazilian Butt Lift for correction of deformity and further enhancement. Often, the mass will soften with time and no correction is needed.

Moral of the story:

1. Your skin and anatomy will determine how much fat may be safely transferred to the buttock. Adding too much fat will create an environment where the fat does not get adequate blood circulation (oxygen) and may lead to fat necrosis of varying degrees.
2. Sitting for long periods of time, especially on hard surfaces, may lead to fat necrosis due to lack of circulation. Please consult your surgeon for safe sitting times, as each surgeon differs on the recommendations according to their techniques.
3. Infection in the buttock may also leave area(s) of fat necrosis.
4. Bigger is not always better.
5. Be sure to look in the mirror daily and inspect your skin. Not only your buttock, but all areas that
were liposuctioned. The necrotic lump may feel like a piece of dough under the skin, the area
may also be red and more swollen than other areas of your buttock.
5. When in doubt contact your surgeon or PCP for further directions.

I hope this helps, good luck with your surgeries and happy healing!

A prayer for surgery:

Joshua 1:9

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Shout out to: realtor79, WannaBeMzRoundRump, IsIsMiclele, ColumbianBody, Bubble11, MissNewBooty79(who just had her surgery), Gift4Me, Coca_ColaShaped, Fine_Like_Wine, and anyone else I missed. These ladies are getting ready to have their surgeries; let's keep them in our prayers.

Good luck and happy healing!

RS we made it....6 weeks post op!!!!

I am finally 6 weeks post op and loving it! I can safely sit now. Well, actually I started sitting at 5 weeks and 5 days...close enough…Sh%$! I thought sitting was going to be so glorious and actually it was quite awkward. It felt like I was sitting on a balloon, and it was uncomfortable. As time progresses, sitting gets a little better and feels a little better too.

I started working out. It went better than I thought. I only did 35 mins of a lite cardio with 15 mins of deep stretching afterwards; I did strength training with squats, lunges, and arm work (nothing tones your lower body like a squat and lunge). When it came time to do abs, I couldn't do some of the exercises because the skin on my lower back was burning; it is still very sensitive.

I feel about 80% of my normal self. My butt is very soft now, and it jiggles. Still not fluff, but it is coming. It is still a little sore right where the banana roll is. My garment is a little big, it seems like I cannot get it tight enough. I am now wearing a small Squeem vest.

I have received some comments, which are very flattering BTW, saying my body is perfect. I want everyone to know: I am not perfect. I have flaws like everyone else. I have stretch marks, my skin on my lower belly is loose, I have cellulite on my thighs, and my arms are still a little big. I too am a work in progress. I know what clothes to wear to make me look good, and I know which pose to strike. I want to take a moment to point out: we are all on different points of our journey. Some are just starting out; some are almost to the finish line. Please don't look at me and think I have it all together because I don't. I still have work to do.

I also want to say I admire the women who have to strength to post pics of themselves. It is not easy to do. I only gained 35 pounds with both my pregnancies. My excess weight came after I delivered. I stayed home with my kids for about 6 months and ate the wrong foods. I looked up and I was 40 - 50 pounds heavier. I could not even look myself in the mirror. My husband never pressured me to lose weight; he never even made a comment on my weight loss. It was something I wanted to do for me.

My words of advice for anyone starting this journey are this: Get a plan, do your research, and start moving. I don't care if you need to gain weight, you still need to be physically fit. Try to get within 30 pounds of your ideal weight. You don't want to have this procedure then lose a lot of weight. Also, go into this journey with realistic expectations and have patience. I started my pursuit three years ago, and I have probably another year until I am where I want to be. Further, know that you deserve this. Don't let haters deter you. People will try to stop you from doing this for various reasons. Some are out of legitimate concern, but most are from people who want to have this surgery but can't and probably never will.

Lastly, I want to commend you ladies for embarking on this journey. This is a not easy. This may be one of the hardest things you have done in your life. I promise you it's worth it. Know you can safely post your pics here. This is a judgment free community. Hell, look at my pics I posted a year before my surgery, and look at me now. God is good, and all the time! I salute you dolls…all of you. I thank you for encouraging me, for supporting my and standing beside me; you have no idea what it has done for my confidence.

Bust: 34.5
Underbust: 29
Waist: 28
Hips/Butt: 46
Weight: 187
Height: 5'9"

I received a request for more pics so here you go....

Good luck and happy healing!

Body dysmorphic disorder and plastic surgery

Body dysmorphic disorder is a type of chronic mental illness in which you can't stop thinking about a flaw in your appearance — a flaw that is either minor or imagined. But to you, your appearance seems so shameful that you don't want to be seen by anyone.
When you have body dysmorphic disorder, you intensely obsess over your appearance and body image, often for many hours a day. Your perceived flaw causes you significant distress, and your obsession impacts your ability to function in your daily life. You may seek out numerous cosmetic procedures or excessively exercise to try to "fix" your perceived flaw, but you're never satisfied. Body dysmorphic disorder is also known as dysmorphophobia, the fear of having a deformity.

Treatment of body dysmorphic disorder may include medication and cognitive behavioral therapy.

Signs and symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder include:

• Preoccupation with your physical appearance with extreme self-consciousness
• Frequent examination of yourself in the mirror, or the opposite, avoidance of mirrors altogether
• Strong belief that you have an abnormality or defect in your appearance that makes you ugly
• Belief that others take special notice of your appearance in a negative way
• Avoidance of social situations
• Feeling the need to stay housebound
• The need to seek reassurance about your appearance from others
• Frequent cosmetic procedures with little satisfaction
• Excessive grooming, such as hair plucking or skin picking, or excessive exercise in an unsuccessful effort to improve the flaw
• The need to grow a beard or wear excessive makeup or clothing to camouflage perceived flaws
• Comparison of your appearance with that of others
• Reluctance to appear in pictures

You may obsess over any part of your body, and the body feature you focus on may change over time. But common features people may obsess about include:

• Face, such as nose, complexion, wrinkles, acne and other blemishes
• Hair, such as appearance, thinning and baldness
• Skin and vein appearance
• Breast size
• Muscle size and tone
• Genitalia

You may be so convinced about your perceived flaws that you imagine something negative about your body that's not true, no matter how much someone tries to convince you otherwise. Concern over and thinking about the perceived flaw can dominate your life, leading to absence from work, school or social situations due to extreme self-consciousness.

When to se a doctor:

Shame and embarrassment about your appearance may keep you from seeking treatment for body dysmorphic disorder. But if you have any signs or symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder, see your doctor, mental health provider or other health professional. Body dysmorphic disorder usually doesn't get better on its own, and if untreated, it may get worse over time and lead to suicidal thoughts and behavior.

This has been a long 7 weeks and 3 days since I had my surgery. I will say there has been a lot of hard work and a lot of sacrifice. I also will say having the surgery is the easy part, to me the real work comes with recovering.

I am still wearing my compression garment, foam and abdominal board. Yes, I still wear them all. You cannot expect to get the best results possible if you don't comply with post-op instructions. I see people get mad at the doctor saying, "He didn't get the fat on my back good." Maybe, or is it you didn't wear a compression garment over those areas like you should have? If you didn't, swelling ensues, scar tissue forms, and you heal that way. Also, are you working out? If you didn't work out before, chances are you aren't working out now. Further what are you eating habits like?

It seems to me, it is easier to gain weight now that I have had liposuction. I started back working out and I feel a lot better. Sure it is something I don't want to do, but I get up and do it 3 times a week for 1 hour---at least. Also, I am trying to develop a good relationship with food. It is hard, but I am trying. This surgery has been a process and it is not anything I want to do again. It wasn't really painful, it is everything that comes with it. I had to take a lot of time off work, I couldn't physically pick my kids up for a while, I couldn't drive for a while, I had to depend on people to do my laundry and go grocery shopping. I had to reorganize some doctor appointments because I couldn't sit. I spent a lot of money on supplies, massages, garments, and travel arrangements. The list can go on and on.

I will say I am still a work in progress. I plan to get better and better with time. I plan to keep working out, keep it tight, and I understand this all takes time. Don't look for quick fixes in life. You will find you get what you pay for, and in the end you tend to spend more money correcting the "quick fix". Be cheap in the grocery store, avoid going to the hair dresser as often, don't eat out as much. Don't be cheap when it comes to your health! NO GAWD!!!

I have posted a few before and after side-by-side pics. You will see where I was when I submitted my pics for the surgery, to where I was with exercise at prep, to where I was a couple of weeks ago. This is just to show, hard work does pay off. Yes Dr. Salama did the damn thing; but he is not a magician. He greatly enhanced what I already had! Please be realistic with your expectations. Weight loss is not easy. Trust me I understand. I was 145 pounds before I had kids 5 years ago. Imagine how I felt looking in the mirror at 195 pounds. (SMH)

In the end you have to ask yourself how bad you really want it, and if you are willing to essentially protect your investment.

Good day ladies...and happy healing!

A BBL Pillow....Finalmente!!!

I searched high and low for a BBL pillow to no avail. I had my surgery and had to use the Boppy Pillow. No bueno!. It was uncomfortable and it hurt my butt to sit on it. About 4 weeks post op, I found TheBottyBuddy. The pillow is $60, and there is another $10 with shipping.

The good part: it seems to work beautifully, by looking at its construction. The bad part: it is sold out. I purchased this pillow 3 weeks ago only to get an email stating the item is on backorder for 4 weeks. This sounded a little shady to me. Why accept my order, take my money to send me an email stating the item is not in stock. SMH. At that time I was offered a full refund if I did not want to wait 4 weeks for shipping. I decided to get my coins back and not take any chances since I really don;t need it anymore.

So ladies, I have researched the company and it seems legit. Please buy with caution and let a doll know how it works if you get it. I have attached some pics and here is the information I copied from their website:

The Booty Buddy is a patented support system intended for occasional use, created specifically to support people who have had Butt Augmentation.

It was designed by a female who wanted to get the best results post surgery by not sitting on her butt, but felt when it came to needing to sit down, the lack of products on the market to aid this were sparse. Also she wanted something more discreet that she could take out with her, when meeting friends, or in the office.

The Booty Buddy features:

Graduated to allow elevation where its needed
Can be used to aid support whilst having massages
Polar fleece washable cover
Easy to carry

Can be used on any chair, including cars, trains, even at work!

The Support system is discreet and allows you to carry out day to day activities comfortably & supported without needing to include your arms for extra propping up.

We are sure that you will agree, the booty buddy is great for social occasions & a great supportive pillow at a reasonable price. After all, we spend thousands of dollars selecting the best surgeons to enhance our beauty, so why scrimp on the after care!

Good luck!

Boobies with Salama in 3 months....OMG

I am scheduled for a breast augmentation with full lift on 2/17/15. I am getting silicone implants under the muscle. I am not sure the size yet, I will find out on 2/16/15 when I have my preop appointment with Salama. Currently, I have deflated, shribbled, hanging raisins from breastfeeding all three of my kids. God please fix it…lol. I hope to go to a full D. Nothing too big, I just want perky, soft natural looking girls:) I currently wear a 34 or 36 C depending on the brand--that is padded. If it is not padded I wear a 36B. I can sadly fit a small sports bra. How is this possible and my hips/butt measure 45 inches? SMH. Anyways, always wanted breast ever since I was 14. The girls at school teased me so badly. I remember going home rubbing butter on my chest with the hope of getting bigger boobs. #Ghetto! Needless to say it never worked. In fact, I wanted to get a breast job before the BBL, but I needed that good lipo, so the breasts had to wait. Now finally it is within reach…bring them here…please Jesus fix it…LOL. I love my results from the BBL, I think my butt is the perfect size for my body and its looking more realistic as time progresses. I can’t even imagine how sick my body is going to be with this boob job. You ladies don’t understand. I went from being picked on for being skinny and flat chested in school, to filling out and having a nice shape as an adult, to a fat ass after having my kids. I never imagined my body could look like this. I am so grateful and this is to show you can do anything if you put your mind to it. Go get it ladies!! I am also getting my chin lipoed, thanks to the inspiration from coca_colashaped. I have a double chin….ugh! All the ladies in my family have it. It is disgusting. For an additional $250, bring it on. I hear the recovery is not that bad either. I am also going to get my boob fat lipoed from my axilla. This has always been a problem area. No matter how many push ups I do, it doesn’t go anywhere. I am staying at the recovery house, so anyone staying there at that time, please inbox me. Also, any words of advice? I don’t know what to expect. I have a lot of answers about the BBL, but am at a loss for this surgery! Please help. So far this is my list, most of which I got from my BBL supply list: - Sports bras: Danskin found at Walmart - TheraPearl™ Nursing Buddies $13.95 @ main_page=product_info&cPath=31_34&products_id=134 - Skin shammy: very gentle on skin when bathing postoperatively (found at - Bed lounge: it’s like having an easy chair for your bed (found at - Sipping straws - Bacterial Soap (like Dial or Safegaurd) - Hibiclens liquid skin cleanser - Gauze/tape - Small scissors - Hair products - Lotion - Deo - Lip balm (lips will be dry after surgery) - Tooth brush/tooth paste - Neosporin - Disposable Chucks pads - Peroxide - Q Tips - Loofa and exfoliating shower scrub (pre-op surgery shower) - Razors or Nair (pre-op shaving a must; please get the vagina right) - Thermometer - Cell charger, music, iPad, laptop (things to keep you busy) - Protein Powder/Meal supplement @ GNC (Lean Cinnabon Flavor was delicious!) - Grabber to help with things you cannot reach or bend over to get after surgery Medicine/Vitamins: - Arnica Gel and tablets - Bromelain Pills (Found on Amazon for $38) - Prescription: Percocet, Zofran, Keflex, Colace - Swiss Kriss from Whole foods (Best Laxative ever and it’s all natural!) - Multi vitamin with at least 325 mg of iron daily, and vitamin C Clothes: - Robe to wear day of surgery - Socks - Slide on slippers/shoes/sandals to wear the day of surgery - Loose fitting pants/sweats/lounge pants to wear day of surgery (TJ MAXX) - Shirts that zip or button up the front -Sweats I have attached a wish pic (who knew), pic of my disgusting chin, and a pic of my current flat ass tits Good day ladies…

Fluffing is real...8 weeks postop.

If you are anything like me, you might be wondering, "What the hell is fluffing?" Let me explain, because up until this point in my life, I had no idea. I searched profiles and often heard the term, but no one explain what this had to do with the BBL.

Fluffing is a term we coined in the community (or so I think; correct me if I am wrong). It is a process your butt goes through after having the BBL. Once you have the surgery your butt will be hard and tight. Over time it will slowly soften all over. Eventually, your butt will be very soft and a fluffy pillow... almost. Its seems as though the fat cells expand and become happy. We call this process fluffing. Also due to this fluffing, your butt seems to get bigger, how much varies from person to person.

I walked past the mirror a couple of days ago, and I was like butt looks bigger. I asked my husband, and he looked at me like I was crazy. I grabbed my butt and it was so soft and jiggly. I then decided to take some pictures. When you have this surgery you get use to the size of your butt post Op. Once the swelling goes down, your butt can look small in the mirror, but trust me when I say it is not as small as you may think. This is where butt greed come in. I have to take pictures of myself to see how I truly look, because the mirror is very deceiving. Please don't get caught up. If you do, you might end up on round 3 of BBL surgeries (some truly need an additional round but a lot of us do not...butt greed!).

I posted pictures to show the fluff is real. No photoshopping (I wouldn't know how to do it if I wanted too), all me, some pics are close up so my butt seems bigger than it really is.

I have been working out 3 days a week for 1 hour. Feeling good, starting to see results. My current measurements:

Weight: 181
Height: 5'9"

Good day ladies...Happy Healing!

Liposuction: What you need to know...

Liposuction or lipoplasty is a cosmetic procedure that uses gentle suction to remove fat deposits from different areas on the body. Some of the most common areas treated include the thighs, hips, buttocks, or abdomen. Patients who undergo liposuction find that they are able to achieve a more proportionate body contour by directly treating their problem areas, which cannot be accomplished with diet or exercise alone.

Are you a candidate for liposuction? You may be a good candidate for liposuction if you are:

Healthy and have no major medical issues.
Near your goal weight (less than 30 pounds overweight) but have specific areas you wish to target for fat removal.
Between the ages of 30 and 60, although liposuction has been successfully performed on both younger and older patients.
Have good skin elasticity, which helps the body to adapt to its changing contours quickly.
Informed about the benefits and risks.
Have realistic expectations
Liposuction can be performed on patients who are overweight but whose weight has been stable over the past several years.

You most likely are NOT a good candidate if you are:

In poor health, or have serious medical conditions.
Taking certain medications.
Planning to become pregnant or lose a significant amount of weight in near future.
Mentally unstable
When considering liposuction, it’s important to have realistic expectations. This procedure cannot make you look like a supermodel, and will not remove every ounce of fat from your body. Patients should not think of liposuction as a fast-track to weight loss, but as a way to create more aesthetically pleasing silhouette through removing five pounds or less of targeted fat.

Types of Liposuction:

There are many variations of liposuction, most of them designed to allow for easier or more precise fat removal. The following provides a brief overview of the different techniques used to remove fat deposits during liposuction surgery.

Before the fat is removed, wetting solutions containing saline and epinephrine are infused into the target areas. The purpose of this fluid is that it substantially minimizes blood loss and increases the safety of the procedure. It also distends the fat compartments which make it easier to suction out the fact. The following are the most common types of wetting solutions used:

“Wet” Technique: Infusion of 100 to 300 ml of fluid into each treatment site. With this approach, 20 to 25 % of whats is suction out is blood.
“Super-Wet” Technique: Infusion of fluid greater than the “wet” technique which results in less than 1% of what is suctioned out is blood.
Tumescent: Infusion of 3 to 6 times (greater than “super-wet”) as much fluid as volume of fat, fluid and blood to be removed. As a result, it swells the tissues making it easier to remove fat.
After the solutions are infused, the fat is vacuumed out using one of the below methods.

Traditional Suction-Assisted Liposuction (SAL) A small tube (known as a cannula) is inserted under the skin into the fat layer.The surgeon moves the cannula back and forth to break up the fat layers, then suctions out the excess fat tissue. It is the standard method and most widely used technique. Ideal for targeting larger amounts of fat deposits.Can produce very dramatic results. Not ideal for delicate areas such as in the face, neck and chin. Requires larger incisions. In general, a longer recovery period compared to other techniques.

Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction (UAL)
Brands: VASER Liposelection, UltraSculpt, etc. A special cannula that emits sound waves is used to break down the fatty tissue that is being targeted for removal. Technology breaks up fat for easier removal causing less bruising and swelling. Reduces the surgeon’s work effort so he/she can concentrate on smoothness of contour and finesse in results. A good option on more fibrous areas such as the upper back and male breasts. Increased cost because ultrasound introduces an additional step in the operation and increases the duration of the procedure by 25% or more. Since ultrasound uses high energy to melt the fat, it is possible to cause a burn of the skin or elsewhere.

Power-Assisted Liposuction (PAL) (This is the type of lipo Dr. Salama uses)
Brands: Tickle Lipo, MicoAire PAL LipoSculptor, etc. This technique uses a high-speed vibrating cannula to break up the fatty tissue which is then vacuumed out of the body. Similar to traditional UAL, but the surgeon does not need to make so many manual movements. Duration of the operation is shorter because the fat is suctioned more quickly by the powered cannula. Surgeon can focus more on the sculptural aspects of the procedure and less on having to extract the fat.

Does not use heat, so there are no concerns for the accidental burning that can occur with other techniques. Does not help tighten skin.

Laser-Assisted Liposuction (LAL)
Brands: Smartlipo, SlimLipo, CoolLipo, etc. Involves the use of laser energy to liquify or “melt” the fat for easier removal. Less invasive than some other techniques. Reduced swelling and bruising resulting in faster recovery. Positive effect of tightening the skin. Less invasive and bloody procedure than the traditional liposuction If the temperature becomes too hot, it could cause burning and scarring of the skin. Unwanted fat cannot be used for fat transfer procedures. More costly because of the additional steps involved in the operation

Water-Assisted Liposuction (WAL)
Brands: Body-Jet, AquaLipo, etc. A large volume of water-based solution is used to loosen fat cells for easier removal. Removes fat more gently than some other techniques. Very little or no damage to surrounding tissues resulting in less bruising or swelling and shorter recovery period. If desired, fat cells can be saved and used to plump up other areas of the body. Not ideal for individuals with large amounts of body fat. Does not contour loose or hanging skin. Increased cost because of the additional steps involved.

During a consultation, your plastic surgeon will cover your medical history, areas of concern and skin quality (elasticity). Based on these results and other information discussed, your surgeon will recommend the best technique to meet your goals.

Risks & Complications
Liposuction is relatively safe however there are risks that you should be fully aware of before proceeding with surgery. Some possible risks include:

Adverse Reactions: Resulting from anesthesia or medications.
Scarring: This can occur from the incisions that are made from which the fat tissue is removed. These incisions are typically only 4 to 10 millimeters in length and oftentimes hidden within the natural creases within the skin. In most cases, the scars should fade away within a year’s time, leaving only a thin white line as a remnant. However its something that should be considered before undergoing surgery.
Bumpy or Uneven Results: These complications may detract from the desired appearance you were expecting to achieve as an outcome of the procedure. These imperfect results could be caused by a number of factors such as an inexperienced plastic surgeon, the uneven removal of fat, abnormal healing of the skin, or inadequate elasticity of the skin. These complications could be either temporary or permanent.
Infection: Caused by bacteria entering the incision.
Loose Skin: Older patients or people who have a relatively large amount of fat to remove are the ones who are most susceptible to this complication. This depends upon the elasticity of your particular skin. If this occurs, you may need to undergo a secondary surgery to remove the excess skin, known as a “body lift” operation.
Nerve Damage: Resulting from the insertion of the cannula, which is the metal tube used to suction the fat cells out of your body. This can cause numbness in the impacted area of the body, which could either be temporary, or in rare cases, permanent. On rare occasions, a cannula may be inserted too deep into the skin, to the point where it punctures a bodily organ, requiring emergency surgery to seal the puncture.
Fat Embolism: Resulting from the way the fat is suctioned out of the body. Minute particles of fat may end up being redirected into a blood vessel rather than exiting the body through the cannula. If this occurs, deposits of this fat could move through the blood into the lungs or the brain, a situation that constitutes a potentially life-threatening medical emergency.

Depending on the type of liposuction procedure, there may be other risks involved. To reduce the possibility of complications, it’s recommended that you choose your plastic surgeon carefully.

How to prepare for your BBL surgery...

1. Choosing a doctor: Please ladies do your research. Make sure the surgeon is board-certified. For plastic surgery, you want a doctor who's certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Why is it so important to have a board-certified surgeon? Because legally any doctor is permitted to do any procedure -- a psychiatrist could do a breast augmentation. Also, review before and after pictures, find out how many of these procedures the doctor has performed, are there any malpractice judgments filed against them? Malpractice judgments, by state, can be found here:

2. Plan for surgery: I have a list of things you will need for the BBL listed above. Please review this at your leisure. Other things to consider: recovery time (plan for a full recovery of 4-6 weeks), where to stay, rental car, who will care for you, what to eat, massages when you get home, garments, etc.

3. Don’t take this surgery for granted: Although the word “plastic” precedes surgery this is still a major surgery. All surgeries have risks, and this surgery is no different. Keep in mind, the longer you are under anesthesia the greater the risk. You might want to consider splitting up your multiple procedures. Liposcution by itself would be a difficult surgery. Please be advised: This surgery is NO joke!

4. Patience: you must have patience for this surgery. Recovery will take 4-6 weeks on average. Slowly, everyday you feel better. Please don't think you will be able to have this surgery, then go home and pick up where you left off. It’s not happening.

5. Be careful what you wish for: I am 5’9” and received 1300 ml per side. I thought my butt was too big initially. A lot of women may feel this way too, due to swelling. I love the size and shape of my butt currently, I think it fits me perfectly. However, if my butt were any larger, I would not like it. Please take this into consideration when asking for anything greater than 1500 ml per side. Although most of us want a nice size butt, there is nothing to show you how big 1600..1700 ml PER side will look. Also, when women have very large amounts of fat injected into their buttock t once, sometimes the fat does not survive and they will have unsightly dents. Unless you want to do a round 2, this is something to consider.

6. Bigger is not always better: A lot of women think they want the biggest butt and often will tell a doctor to, “give me the most fat possible.” The most important thing in this procedure is not to get the “biggest butt”, but to create the best looking waist-hips-butt ratio. When women bring in pictures of what they want to look like, invariably the “wish pics” shown have small waists and a curvy transition between the lower back and butt.

The butt doesn’t have to be that large as long as that transition area has a nice looking curve. As a matter of fact, after surgery some women look like they had a butt augmentation when all they had was liposuction to the flanks and thighs. The increased contrast between the lower back and the buttock itself, as well as the curvy transition between them, enhance the appearance of the buttock. If you then augment the buttock with fat taken from the love handles area, the results can be spectacular.

7. Food for thought: If you are not happy with your results initially, please do not send harassing and derogatory emails to your doctor. You cannot bully your way into a revision. I overheard a lady in the office, when I had my BBL, screaming and cursing the staff out because she did not like the size of her butt. This is wrong on several levels. To start, why are you mad at the doctor; he gave you what you asked for which was the max? Secondly, have you ever heard the saying, “You can attack more flies to honey than with vinegar? Thirdly, the doctor has the right to refuse to care for you. What you should do in the event you are not happy with your results is play it cool. Send the doctor a thank you note, comply with all post op instructions, and wait until six months have passed. Then send your doctor an email with pics describing the reasons you are dissatisfied. I am sure the doctor will be more compelled to do a revision with this approach.

8. Most importantly: Usually, buttocks augmentation with fat grafting produces permanent and satisfactory results. You may be praised and criticized, but the most important thing is to feel satisfied with your own body, to be able to wear the clothes you like, in whatever way you may want to wear them, and to like what you see when you look at yourself in the mirror. That is the goal of surgery.

Good day ladies...Wishing you a speedy recovery!

3 months post-op

Happy holidays dolls....I hope Santa leaves a big booty (with a flat stomach and tiny waist) under the tree for you! I have been missing for a minute, not much going on. I am feeling 100% now, and it took every bit of 6 weeks for me to get there. I still try not to sit directly on my butt for long periods of time, just because I still have some swelling, and I noticed a couple of flat spots. No worries...nothing to lose sleep over.

I fell off the "healthy eating and exercising wagon." I will get back into the groove on Monday, until then nothing to worry about. This is real life and ish happens. Don't beat yourself up about it.

As far as pain goes, I have none. I stopped taking pain pills about 5 - 6 days after the procedure. Every now and then I will have a sharp shooting pain, but that is normal as nerves reconnect and regenerate. Itching is ridiculous!!! I started using an antifungal powder and it helps tremendously! Itching is normal with this procedure but the itching I have is almost unbearable. I think I may have some sort of yeast of fungal skin infection on my skin. It's possible with the garments and waist trainers 24/7. At any rate, the anti fungal powder is doing the job.

I am currently wearing a small Vedette with an XS Ann Cherry vest on top. I like the Ann Cherry over the Squeem because they run smaller for one, they seem to be made of a superior product for 2, and they are longer than the Squeem. I have a long upper torso, and the Squeem did not fully cover my belly. So I had to wear a vest on my upper torso and wear a waist cincher on my lower torso (talk about tight).

I have a couple of pics to share. Nothing much else to report. Counting down the days for the girls to be perky again.

My Measurements:
Bust: 34
Waist: 27
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 179 (It must be muscle because I don't look like I weight 179)
Clothes size: Small shirts, 8/10 pants

Merry Christmas well!!!

Forgot a couple of pics

Arm Lipo

Happy New Year Dolls....I hope everyone is either preparing for their new bodies, or breaking them in! I have gotten tons of requests and questions pertaining to arm lipo. So many in fact, I thought I would dedicate a review totally to the subject. Let's dive in... What to expect: Arm lipo is very messy. For some reason, maybe gravity combined with constant use of the arms, causes blood to drain from the arms a lot after lipo. To perform the procedure, a small incision near the armpit or elbow is made and the cannula is inserted through the small incisions. The procedure take ~45 to complete and can vary depending on the person and the amount of fat being removed. Post-Op: After the procedure the arms will be wrapped in ace bandages and gauze. One day post-op, the gauze and bandages will be removed. The surgeon will inspect the arms, and you will be fitted with a compression garment. The garment should will be worn for six weeks (if you are a patient of Dr. Salama). Also, the incisions should be cleaned regularly, antibiotic ointment should be applied, and be sure to keep the gauze clean and dry to avoid infection. Additionally, you will need lymphatic drainage massages to help with lumps, swelling, and fluid accumulation. It is recommended to receive 10 -12 massages. Pain: I did not have any pain with arm lipo. My arms were very sore the after the procedure. It felt as though I did a lot of push-ups or lifted heavy weights. I was able to use my arms normally. There was a lot of bruising; I bruise easily, so this will differ from patient to patient. Results: Initially, I did not notice a big difference with my arms. This was largely due to the massive amount of swelling I had. The arms swell a lot after lipo, and the swelling takes time to subside. Wearing the compression garment will help combat the swelling, as well as lymphatic drainage massages. Some people experience loose skin. This depends on the person, how much fat is removed, and how easily the skin retracts. I am 36, and I do not have any loose skin. I did not notice a major difference until 6-8 weeks after the procedure. There were various coats, jackets, and shirts I could not fit due to the size of my arms before lipo. Now, I can fit them all. #LoveIt All in all, arm lipo was definitely worth it. My only regret is I did not do it sooner. My words of advice are: be patient, wear your compression garment, get the massages, or do them yourself! P.S. A heating pad and rolling pin also works great for smoothing out the arms Good luck, and happy healing

Complete Devastation...BA/BL pushed back!

I recently visited the doctor to have a consult for an endometrial ablation. Some of you may know from following my story, I have very heavy periods, which cause me to be chronically anemic. During my eval, it was brought to my attention my blood pressure was 150/ My blood pressure has always been good, only had problems during pregnancy. I didn't think much of it, thought it was stress related. I did follow up with my PCP, because hypertension is nothing to play with. At the doctor's office, my BP was 130/100 needless to say, I was immediately started on medication. Additionally, I was not cleared to have the ablation or my BA/BL surgery #disappointed.

My doctor stated he wanted me to wait at least a month to get my blood pressure under control before I have any surgeries. The doctor also informed me since I had hypertension during both my pregnancies the chances of me developing it later in life are great. Similar to people who develop gestational diabetes; these people tend to develop type 2 diabetes later in life.

So, my breast augmentation with lift was scheduled for Feb 17th. I contacted Cynthia to inform her about the events and it seemed all the politeness left the building. She didn't really have much to say. She told me call her when I am ready to schedule my surgery, but the giddy Cynthia I spoke to when I paid and booked my BBL surgery..... left the building. LOL

Hopefully, I can have the surgery in March or April. I plan on listening to my body and taking it easy. The last thing I need is to play around and force this surgery when my body is not ready, and develop a complication as a result. I must say I respect my doctor for telling me what I needed to hear vs. what I wanted to hear and compromise my safety.

It's really funny I developed hypertension, at 36, and my lifestyle is much better when compare to the last 4 years. Oh well, I guess this is one of life's curve balls, and I am dealing with it.

Nothing else to report...booty still looking good. Happy healing dolls!

Gone for a minute...New breast aug/lift date May 29th

Ladies...I'm back.LOL. I have a new surgery date of May 29th for my breast lift with augmentation. I am also getting my inner thighs lipo'ed, since I paid for it, but did not have it done at the time of my BBL, due to my low hgb. I am also having my arm pit fat and chin lipo'ed as well. I will be staying at the recovery house for 7days, lord help me. I don't mind people, but I like my space too, so we will see how this goes. As far as my surgery goes, my bags are packed, flight is paid for, and all I have to do is finish paying for the recovery house, I have $1000 left to pay on that.

I am currently 7 months post op. I feel great. I am still working out, currently I do kung-fu kick boxing and I love it. I still watch what I eat, I am not on a diet, it is a way of life. I have some loose skin on my abdomen, I might get a mini tummy tuck next year. I haven't decided. It doesn't bother me that much, and in fact it's not that serious. I have had 3 kids, and I am 37 years old, I think my stomach looks great, especially considering where I started.

My butt has not lost any volume. I do have a couple of dents, you can't really see them. It doesn't bother me. I haven't even mentioned it to Dr. Salama. If I wanted a revision, I am sure he would happily do one. It's not that serious to me, I am not looking for a perfectly round butt. I had fat transferred to my butt, not implants or silicone. I don't expect it to be 100% perfect.

Garments: There has been a lot of discussion on garments, waist trainers and corsets. Here is my philosophy: I don't need to spend a lot of money on special garments/corsets to "train" my waist to be small. Dr. Salama did that when I had lipo. The purpose of wearing a garment after surgery is to reduce swelling. There is no need to go out and buy a corset for $200 to snatch your waist.I am officially snatched. All the garments in the world will not make your stomach flat. Exercise and lipo will though. So it's up to you what route you want to take and how you want to spend your money.

Waist: 27
Weight: 175

Good luck with your surgeries, and I hope you love your results!!!

None of my pics uploaded

Don't know why my pics didn't upload.

Missing pics from my previous post

Leaving for Florida tomorrow

My breast augmentation, with lift, is scheduled for 5/29. However, I have my preop appointment and fitting with Dr. Salama tomorrow. As the date gets closer and closer, I become more anxious. I am not sure why, but I have a small amount of anxiety. I remember feeling this way with my BBL, but it was more intense. Anxiety is normal for this process and surgery in general.

I think some of my anxiety comes from the staff at Dr. Salama's office. They seem very unorganized this time around. I have received at least 10 phone calls within the last week, and each person asks me the same thing. I wonder: Do you all talk to each other? Today, I had to call down to the office because I am staying at the recovery house, and I have not received any information about the house, who is coming to pick me up, what his name is, how I can contact him...etc. I am rather irritated being as though I have spent $1600 to stay at this recovery house; at the very least keep me informed. Ugh.

Also, my insurance company wanted a prior authorization to fill my Vicodin script. The staff would not complete the form; they said they don't work with insurance companies at all. In their defense, I vaguely remember reading this somewhere. But, I have paid 10K for a BBL, and now another 6K for BA/BL, you would think they could spare a minute of their time to complete this form and save me $75? Apparently, there is no generic drug for Vicodin, however there is an equivalent which is Loratab. Loratab is available for pennies/pill whereas Vicodin cost about $2/pill. O well....I there goes another $75.

Hopefully things get better; I had a dream--no nightmare-- I woke up after surgery and my boobs were lopsided. Luckily it was just a dream, as I am confident Dr. Salama will hook me up.

Until tomorrow ladies...I will update after my preop appointment!

With me luck:)

I made it to FLL

I landed safely in Florida. Currently I am at the recovery house. My BA/BL surgery is scheduled for tomorrow at 9:30. I will update with pics as soon as I can.

Wish me luck!

Officially perky

I made it to the other side ladies! I have my post-op appointment tomorrow at 9:30 so I will be sure to send pictures. The surgery took 2.5 hours. When I woke up I was in pain. I asked the nurse to give me pain meds and she said no! Whet?! She said wait til you get home to take some pills. She said she had 2 more patients coming. Whet did this broad tell me?! I called Dr Salama ASAP. Being a nurse, I know this is immoral, and inhumane. I'm pain free now, but I can't believe she treated me that way. I love Dr. Salama, but that bish need to go to Tiajuana and practice with them. I'm really pissed and disappointed. I would NEVER treat a patient that way!!

At any rate, here is a pic of me in my bra. Til tomorrow ladies.....

Post op day 1

Here are some pics of the girls. I am happy with my results. The lift was done flawlessly. I will be glad when they drop and soften. I received 500 cc High profile smooth silicone implants under the muscle. Once I heal I will be a small D full C.

Thanks for your continued support...

Of course the pics didn't load....just terrible RS...terrible!

6 Days Post Op

I am healing nicely. I don't have a lot of pain, just a lot of tightness in my chest and pressure. I no longer take pain medicine, just Tylenol and I use ice packs on my upper chest. The tightness feels like my breast are engorged with milk, for those of you who have breast fed before. I still wear the strap across my chest; I will wear this for 6 weeks; this will help my implants settle.

Again, I received 500 and 550 cc silicone smooth implants under the muscle with a full lift. Once I heal, I should be a small D/full C.

Thanks for following me.

P.S. I can't believe this is my body. 3 years ago when I had my daughter, I was 225 pounds. I remember not wanting to look in the mirror, because my self esteem was so low. Hard work, diet, exercise and a nip/tuck got me where I am today. I am so proud of myself. If I can do, you can too...don't give up!

Recovery House: The Real Review

This post is about the recovery house offered to Dr. Salama's patients. Dr. Salama is not the owner of the recovery house, and he really does not have anything to do with its management---or how it is run. I am not 100% sure, but I think it is run/owned by Nomi and maybe Cynthia--again don't quote me, as I am not 100% sure.

This review is simply from my perspective, since we are all different, some of us may have different experiences. I am writing this review for those of you who may be wondering what it is like and if it is worth the money.

1. Clean and modern house
2. I felt safe while staying there at all times
3. Located in a nice neighborhood
4. Staff is very nice and accommodating. They will help you take a shower, change your dressings. wash your clothes, even lend a listening ear. Some women were mean to the staff and very demanding. I was so ashamed for them.
5. The food was good. The meals are healthy and are not heavily seasoned. I eat healthy
anyway. If you are looking for fried chicken, chips, soda, etc., you will be disappointed. You
may, however, purchase these things on your own, and bring them into the house. They feed you 3
meals and snacks. They also have mango trees in the back yard.
6. Justin the driver is great. He was very polite, professional, and on time. The seats in the back
of his SUV recline all the way back. If you have a BBL you can lie on your stomach in
comfort, as he has an air mattress to lie on with pillows. He even has a step tool to help get in and out of the SUV. If I needed to make an extra stop, he was accommodating. Justin has a personal life, as well as other obligations. He does not have time to take you to the mall to shop. That is not a priority. I have read posts saying he would not take people to the store because he did not have time---this was not my experience.

1. No medical supplies are furnished; you must purchase them on your own. They do provide
Chucks pads, and a white cotton robe, to all house guests.
2. Small bedrooms with a roommate or 2. There are 3 bedrooms with 2 beds, and 1 bedroom with 3 beds.
3. Unfortunately, some people are nasty by nature. You may go in the bathroom after someone
to find urine or blood on the toilet, bloody pads left unwrapped in the trash, etc. This caught me off
guard, as I know people are nasty, I just thought they would be on their best behavior being a guest
in someone's residence. Paying or are still a guest. This is not the recovery house's fault, as they clean the house. This is a pitfall to staying with potentially 8 other women at once.
4. Although I purchased some snacks of my own, the staff did not want me to go into the refrigerator on my own. If you want something, you must ask them to get it. This slightly irritated me, but then
I remembered point number 3: people are nasty! I wouldn't want a bunch of bloody women in the community frig either.
5. For ladies getting a BBL, their aren't any chairs for you to sit in. Their is plenty of seating and
sofa space, just no special chairs for BBL patients. You also have your bed in your room.

All-in-all, it was a good experience. Is it worth the money? You can only answer that for yourself. I paid $1600 for 7 days and 6 nights. I think that is a lot of money. Being as though I am a nurse, I could have safely stayed in a very nice hotel, and hired Justin. Problem, I didn't have anyone to come with me to help me. If you don't have the help, don't risk it, just stay at the RH.

I hope this helps, and good luck ladies.

P.S. I didn't take any pictures of the RH as I wanted to respect their privacy. I will say the neighborhood is 8 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes to Dr. Salama.

2 weeks post op: Steri strips removed

I'm am 2 weeks post-op BA with full lift. I removed my Steri strips today to find beautifully healing incisions. I posted a pic, there is some glue residue from the Steri strips, but the incision itself is healing nicely.

At this point, I will clean my incisions daily with soap and water, allow them to dry, then apply 3m micropore tape for 3 weeks. Then I will start using a silicone scar gel for a year. Hopefully this will keep my scars to a far so good.

Happy healing ladies.

4 weeks post op BA/BL

A month has flown by. Each week I am getting stronger and less sore. I started moderate - brisk walking this week. I thought I was going to fall out and die... just from walking. SMH. It's going to be a long journey getting back to my level of physical fitness before my surgery. But, I'm going to stick with it. They say, "Muscle has good memory).

I'm still using the micropore tape as my scars continue to heal. My breasts are starting to soften and jiggle a little. I'm surprised at how soft they are. My nipples have full feeling. In fact, they are a little sore. I guess that's better than being numb.

I can't wait to see what they look like at 3 months!

3 months post op

I am currently 3 months post op. I am doing well, in my full routine, not experiencing any pain. I still wear my sports bra 24/7, and I am still using the micropore tape. I haven't used any scar cream yet, and my scars are 90% unnoticeable.

Happy healing ladies

Hard Work

I promise hard work pays off. When you are in the midst of working hard for the things you want, sometimes you can't see the results. I promise it will be worth it; be patient, be diligent, and don't give up!

I've been working hard to stay fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Trust me when I write, "It's not easy!" Sure there are times I don't want to work out. Sure there are times when I eat all the wrong foods. When this happens, I get right back on my grind and pick up where I left off. You have to find a work out regimen that you like and stick with it. This will be different for different people. You also have to make adjustments in the way you eat. Facts: you cannot lose weight with a poor diet and exercise alone; you can however lose weight with diet alone. The best results come from a combination of the two. Also understand losing weight in a healthy manner takes time. It has taken me 3 years to lose 50 pounds and keep it off. Start by making small adjustments: no soda, no fast food, limit your sugar intake, etc.

Plastic surgery is an enhancement tool; and liposuction is used to target stubborn areas of fat. One round of lipo is not going to give you a new body. You have to put work in to get where you want to be. You also have to get rid of the bad habits that led to you wanting lipo/plastic surgery in the first place. If you don't make any changes, you will be right back where you started within a year.

Beyond the fact, if I was able to get the weight off and keep it off, you can too.

Don't give up!!!!!! Believe in yourself and you will be shocked what your body can do! Hard work does pay off; keep your head up; God is great, he will never forsake you!

Good luck with your surgeries and happy healing!

Who Cares What They Say?

It irritates me when my family member, or random people, say I look they way I do solely from plastic surgery. I beg to differ. I work so hard in the gym: I train like an athlete.

Here's my Tae-Bo kickboxing workout from today:

10 minute warm up
30 second break
120 jabs with 120 uppercuts and 60 side kicks on the right leg
30 second break
120 jabs with 120 uppercuts and 60 side kicks on the left leg
That's just the additional 30 mins was spent on strength training and 5 mins on the cool down.

Question of the day: they mad or nah? (I wish we had emojis)

Have a nice holiday weekend and be safe. I know those booties are going to be out in full effect; don't hurt them too bad ladies:) Please post plenty of pics! We love pics on RS!

Before and after pics you've been asking for

I just posted this to my other review, by accident, so here it goes again... Here are some before and after pics you guys have been asking for. It was a good trip down memory lane. I can see where I have shrunk over the last two years and that before pic is a fond memory. I love my curves as they are more natural looking. Remember, Dr. Salama will give you what you ask for. I wanted a more natural look, but if you want to get it popping....then ask for that. It's all good and what matters is you're satisfied. At any rate, enjoy...
Miami Plastic Surgeon