Estela - Australia

I met Dr Ellis Choy in July 2015, one year after I...

I met Dr Ellis Choy in July 2015, one year after I had to remove my left breast (due to a tumour). From my very first consultation I knew that I had found the right doctor for the task. Dr Choy was open and honest, it was easy to talk to him and I felt relaxed and without fear. Twelve months before when I had my left breast removed, it felt like a bad dream. How could this be happening to me? It cannot be happening to me. I was still very much in shock.

Dr Choy was patient with me and explained all the ways and options that would help me get my body back and once again, feel like a woman. The process is no small task, particularly when you question whether you are still the same with one breast less. These doubts foster further questions about what will be in the future. Dr Choy explained all the available options and highlighted the pros and cons. He did not hide anything. Even when, at times during our conversations, he realised that I was not listening, he regained my attention and told me that I must know everything because it is up to me to make the decision.

After my first consultation I left and was heading home thinking which choice I will make. I had 3 options and I needed to choose one. A few weeks later I saw Dr Choy again and told him I would opt for the simple option; to put the implant in with also the use of a biological mesh to add extra tissue support. I was aware that choice meant I must have two operations. One to expand my skin to the size of my right breast and then after that, another operation to put the implant in that matches the same size as my right breast. Between these two operations I saw Dr Choy a couple of times simply because he is one of the most caring people that I have ever met, and his support was very valuable.

During every surgery I was relaxed because I knew I was in good hands. In other words, the procedures were easier because he had my trust.

My post-op care could not have been better. I am absolutely thrilled with my results. I couldn't be happier in my choice of my surgeon or implant. I feel like I am part of the family every time I am over at their office.
Sydney Plastic Surgeon