1 month PO!

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Hard to believe this is all happening so fast for...

Hard to believe this is all happening so fast for me! I called and set up my first two consultations at the beginning of May, I was able to get into see both of the the next day! I wasn't sure after those two and I ended up calling my friend who I knew had had breast implant surgery about a year ago. I hadn't gone to her Dr. for a consult yet, so I ended up calling the next day to set that up. They didn't have an appointment for a consult till the 22nd, I asked them if they had anything sooner, they told me they would put me on a list to be moved up if there was a cancellation and I ended up being able to get a consult with him on the 13th. I was very impressed with how he was going to do the surgery and the cheaper price helped a bit too ;) I went back for my pre-op appointment on the 16th and am in the process of getting a mammogram scheduled for later this week. Other than that, I just need to get my prescriptions and I think I will be all ready for the 30th! I'm kind of happy this is all going so fast because I'm just a little nervous about it all and it helps to not have so much time to think about it. I've been working on trying to find photos I like that will be what my Dr. will go off of to get the look I am wanting. Of course I need to get some pictures taken myself for this site and my own use. I had the Dr.'s office take mine, but I don't expect them to share them with me ;) I'm trying my hardest to stay excited about this. I haven't told many people yet, but the ones I have told are excited for me! I think that is all for now. I'll be updating soon with photos and more details!

Getting closer! 8 more days!

I have my mammogram scheduled for the 23rd and will be picking up my scripts then too. So much closer to this all happening, still a little hard to believe, but I think that is just how I process things. A little more about me, I am 31 years old, 5' 2" tall and weigh about 140 pounds. I have had two c-sections to have my two wonderful sons, my youngest is 2.5 and still likes to be held. I've lined up someone to help take care of him and me, so I think everything will work out well there. I am not currently working, so that will be good for recovery too. I am so glad I have found thi site and am learning so many things from everyone here and it is a huge help knowing there are so many others going through the same thing. I still want to work on planning meals for quite a few days after surgery. Having some surgeries in the past definitely helps me get over some anxiety and I'm probably more concerned with the meds afterwards I have to take. I don't like taking meds and when I have to take them, especially pain meds, I like to try and get off of them as soon as I can. I know they have a good reason to use them and I will take them at first, but I know I will try and wean off of them and on to extra strength Tylenol or something instead. I bought some vitamins from make me heal and I'm hoping those will help. I also got some arnica and bromelian to help with healing as well. I'm a little unsure on bras, I want to wear one if I need to go out and I guess I need to work on finding one before surgery! I think I will try and find one of the zip up ones, just hard to pick a size! I have been having a hard time trying to pick a size for my new breasts to be as well. My doctor likes to have you pick out photos to show him, he will refer to them in surgery, so I need to decide on how big I want them. I breast fed both of my boys and I have some extra skin and area to fill in, so I feel like I can't have them too small. I am ok with them being big ( or at least big to me) but I don't want them too big and are too "out there" or not proportionate. My doctor seemed to be on the same page with that one and I'm sure I will remind him on surgery day too!

Update for today, 7 more days to go!

So I went to get my mammogram done today. That was no big deal, but I do have a funny story to go along with it. I went back to the special waiting room they have just for mammograms and as soon as I got back there, they pulled up my name and they ladies working there were trying to figure out why my Dr. ordered it STAT. I'm letting them ask me questions instead of just telling them right off why I was there because there was a patient in the room waiting and I didn't want to possibly upset them, being that who knows what they were getting one for. So as soon as a lady comes in to take her back, it was only a minute or so and I answer all their questions: family history? No, Self check spot detected? No, Any other reason why my doctor could have ordered this? No, I then ask them if they want to know why I'm having it done while they are still trying to figure it out. Apparently it's a big deal for it to be ordered STAT and I guess they want to make sure the order is right. Anyway, I go ahead and tell them I'm getting implants and they are happy and of course I tell them it is next Thursday, so I guess they understand at that point. They were really nice about it though, very friendly and happy for me. It didn't take long for that at all. I had dropped my scripts off while I was in town (I live about 30 minutes away from everything I need to go from, doctor is probably about 45 minutes away) and they called to let me know one of them won't be in till tomorrow. So I guess I will get to make another trip to pick those up, it actually isn't as far though, probably only about a 20 minute drive, but I need to get some grocery shopping done as well, so I guess as long as I am just not driving all that way for one thing, it will be ok. Just hate wasting gas and making trips for one thing sometimes! I still need to take some photos, will be working on that today, so hopefully I can get those up later. I need to try and make some decisions on what size I want them to look like, so maybe seeing myself "before" in some photos will help with that as well. I guess that is all for now, hope to update soon with photos!

This is NOT happening!

Grrrr! I'm so upset at my body right now. I've been fighting off this sinus problem I've been having since the beginning of last week and it looks like it is winning. I've done everything I can without taking a lot of OTC crap I don't like taking anyway. I've pretty much decided that I don't want to do this right now if I'm anywhere close to being sick come surgery day. I'm really disappointed this could be so easy and go so smoothly. I'm trying really hard to look at the positives here, more time to get in shape before surgery, but of course if I reschedule, who knows when I can get back in for them to do the surgery. I would hate to just push it back a week and have it not even be gone by then, so I feel like I would need to push it back a least a few weeks, then of course my period will be right about that time and I don't want to be on my period at the same time as surgery! So I really don't know when would be a good time to do this then and I'm really and impatient person sometimes! I know it is for the best, but I guess I will just wait and see what my doctor has to say and go from there. I'm really not comfortable with surgery if I'm sick though. Or even close to have been sick so recently. I hope I have so say so in the matter because I really want my body to be at the best I can have it at when I get this done!

Feeling a little better today

Well, I am feeling a bit better today and a little more hopeful. I will be calling my doctor first thing in the morning and seeing what they have to say!

It's a go!

So I woke up today feeling pretty good, I am still having to blow my nose a lot, but I think that is mainly because I have been using a neti pot and I think it makes all the stuff drain out better after I have used it. I think I'm a little more comfortable with going ahead with the surgery now, as scheduled. I talked with my doctor and it seems like I've managed to blow things way out of proportion! They didn't seem concerned at all, of course they liked to hear that I was doing better, but they offered to help if I think things start getting worse. But I'm pretty hopeful at this point they won't and I'm getting excited to get this done now. I'm kind of glad this has made all these days fly by and I feel like even though I'm a little nervous, I'm going to be just fine! I got my scripts today and I'm going to be working on some meals I can put in the freezer and any other planning things I can do ahead of time. For now, I've finally got some photos up! Hopefully I will take a few more for good measure too! I obviously have a little weight to loose, but I didn't even want to consider a tummy tuck. I'm pretty confident I can get it looking pretty good if I just work at it. I'm also posting a couple photos of the size I would like to be. It is kind of big to me, but I found a photo of me when I was pregnant and they really don't seem like they are any bigger than they once were! As you can see with the photos of me, I've got a pretty big butt. I'm hoping the BA with help balance that out!

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll love them, tomorrow...

It's only a day away! I'm so excited to get this done and now that it is so close, I better start getting things in order and stay off the computer. I just wanted to add a few more photos real quick that I wanted to take for comparison. I took them without a bra, with a padded bra that is suppose to add two cup sizes (been wearing it almost all the time for the past 6 months!) and I will be taking some with my new boobs soon! And just incase you were wondering, I've never worked for hooters, just wanted to buy a souvenir shirt from there!

Here we go!

In just a couple of hours I will be getting my implants! Hopefully I will be up for updating later this evening!

They are in!

Haven't looked much yet, but I got 495 cc, so they must be big! In some fairly bearable pain, trying to rest. Hopefully I will feel up to taking a photo soon!

Had to get on the computer to post a photo!

This better work this time. They are 495 cc high profile! Will take more photos soon, for now, this will have to do!

Finally ready for a real update!

Wow! I've been resting for a while now and I think I'm finally do a point where I feel good enough to document what went on these past few days! I'll start at the beginning. We left to head to Austin (about an hour away from where we live) and got there with about 10 minutes to spare. They called us back fairly quickly, started going over everything, I got my gown on, got in bed and signed a bunch of papers. Got the iv in and then waited. It was suppose to be a 10:30 a.m. surgery time, but the surgery before us took a little longer, I guess, so I don't think I went in till a little after 11. I talked to the Dr. for a brief few minutes, he drew a couple marks on me, talked to the anesthesiologist and off we went to the OR. I laid down on the table, got into position, they put the mask over me to breathe in and in a flash I was out. Next thing I know, I'm waking up in the recovery area, I was a little sleepy, but not too bad. I asked what time it was and how much he ended up putting in there. (I think she said it was around 1 or 1:30 p.m.) The nurse called my husband back fairly quickly and she wanted me to get up right away. I was taking it slow since I was still trying to wake up, I wanted to lay down and rest for a bit. She was a bit pushy on trying to get me up and going. I told her something didn't seem right, she asked if I was dizzy or nauseous, I wasn't sure, but I guess I was a bit. I was moving slow and she just kept pushing for me to get up and go, finally, when I felt more ready, we made our way to the bathroom, I went pee and she helped me get my clothes on. At some point she had my iv out and the next thing I know she is getting the wheelchair and we are headed out! I had been a little warm in the bathroom, so I was trying to make my husband go ahead to get the vehicle cooled off for me! Once I got in, I still wanted it colder! I didn't have my contacts in, but I tried my best to help my husband navigate on our way home. He isn't use to driving in Austin and I knew the route back better than him, so even though I was a bit sleepy, I felt like he was trying to rush home, so I wanted him to get there safely. I was probably able to rest a bit more once he was on a road that there weren't many more lights or any place I would need to tell him to go. We got home minutes after our caretaker had come back from picking up my oldest son from school. I'm guessing that would have been around 3:30 then. I didn't want my kids to see me needing help to get in the house, but I think they did, they wanted to see me when I was locked in my room and my husband and caretaker kept coming in to check on me. I feel bad they don't know much about what went on, but I think it's best that way, since I don't need the whole town knowing about this! I've pretty much rested the rest of that day, listened to music the whole time the tv played and I just got up to go to the bathroom a few times. That night was a little rough. I wasn't sure what was going on with the pain meds I was taking, I was thinking that they were making me see weird things when I was trying to drift off to sleep, but I figured out finally that it was the anesthesia that had done it. Luckily it was finally wearing off and after I had taken about an hour nap and woke up at midnight to take my antibiotic, I went ahead and took another pain pill. (I should have taken one around 8 p.m. at the earliest, 10 p.m. at the latest and I didn't want to just because I wasn't sure if it was what was doing the weird seeing things or not. Hard to explain, they weren't scary weird, just strange things I was seeing and it bothered me enough to make it hard to fall asleep. Anyway, after I took the pain pill at midnight, I feel back asleep and woke up again around 3 a.m. I knew I needed to take another pain pill in an hour, so I rested until then and took that, then I couldn't get back to sleep, but tried to rest as much as I could. Had to take more antibiotic at 6 a.m. and I believe I had taken the zofran for nausea (that I never had, was just trying to prevent it!) around midnight that night and I think I took one more that morning at 6 a.m., but I decided not to take it anymore since I was finally starting to get my appetite back a bit and wasn't feeling like the pain pill was making me nauseous (I guess I was paranoid it would and I didn't want to go down that road!). Anyway, I basically only "ate" a smoothie (made without any diary) and a half a piece of my gluten free bread that first evening of the surgery and the next day, yesterday, it still took me a while to drink another smoothie, same kind as the other day, and eat some gf waffles. I don't think I felt like eating those till around 3 p.m. that afternoon, I slept a lot and tried to rest as much as I could. I finally started to feel like getting up around 5 p.m. or so and walk around the house a bit (both kids have been out of the house all day, so that was nice and quite!) and I had pulled some food I had made out of the freezer a little before that and put in the oven for dinner, since I was finally ready to eat something! I had also snacked on a few pecans with my smoothies the evening and night before, but I still didn't feel like eating, even though I knew my stomach was growling! So yesterday morning I did go ahead and call the Dr. I told them I wasn't sure I was liking the pain meds, so they went ahead and called in a muscle relaxer to try instead. I continued to take the pain pills that night and took my last one for the evening at 8 p.m. (had been taking them ever 4 hours). And waited till midnight to take the muscle relaxer and my antibiotic again (have to take that every 6 hours!). So I slept through the night till around 5-5:30 a.m. and woke up in some pain, so I went ahead and took another pain pill and just said forget the muscle relaxer, it helped me sleep good, but I guess with the morning boob and not having taken a pain pill for a while, it just wasn't working. So for now, I think I'm just going to stick to the pain pills, I might try and push it to around every 5 hours as long as I'm feeling good. Not sure what I will do tonight, I don't like waking up to take a pill, sometimes I can't get back to sleep! So we will see. I guess that is it up to this point, I've been feeling better today already, but I still want to take it fairly easy and rest as much as I can and try not to overdo anything! Posting a few photos my husband took for me yesterday, I am suppose to keep the band on, but took it off for some of the photos! Overall, I feel like they aren't too big, like I originally said. I think they are just about right and I think they will look great once the drop! I'm very excited to have them in!

Forgot to mention a couple of things

So I've noticed some of you get backscratchers, a very good idea! I didn't get one and now I have my husband scratching my back and anything else I can find! I'm not too itchy, but I do itch all over from time to time. I think the strap makes me itch a bit more and maybe the dressings a bit too. I also would suggest getting an eye pillow so you can nap during the day, the blinds are closed, but there is still light coming in and it is harder to sleep with light! Also, probably didn't touch on this enough, but I wish I had heard more on what to expect after the anesthesia. I've only been put under one other time for wisdom teeth extraction, I'm guessing that was about 15 years ago or so. I had to c-sections, but they were both local/spinals, so that is a bit of a difference. It took a while to get to where I felt normal again and things just didn't feel right and I didn't like it! I guess some of it could be the meds I'm on as well, but I felt like after it wore off more, I was feeling better! Anyway, just some tips for those that are still prepping!

Good day!

Well, the rest of yesterday went well, I took it easy and walked around outside a bit. Slept pretty good last night, starting to slack off on the pain pills and the pain isn't near as bad, even in the morning! I went out this morning to pick up my son who has been staying with my caretaker (relative). I didn't drive, which might have been even harder than driving, but I think I just need to keep a pillow with me and that will help a lot with the movement! It wasn't so much my boobs that it was bothering, just the rest of me getting moved about! I think I will feel much better after I'm off this pain medication. I took a nap in the truck while my husband chatted for a bit and got him and all his stuff. We got back home and he napped for a while and I just took it easy in bed. I got my husband to change a dirty diaper, which he never does and he has been doing a really good job of helping while I can't do much with him. I also have him feeding my chickens and washing dishes and laundry! I pulled out more frozen meals I made before surgery for dinner, those have really helped. Trying to take pain pills every 6 hours now. Everything feels good unless I move wrong, then I feel something maybe like a muscle tearing, but really not sure. It's in the same spot each time and I think I will discuss it with my doctor tomorrow when I see him. I hope to take some more photos tonight after the kids go to bed!

Doing better every day!

Well, I think I'm done with the pain pills now. It's now about 6 p.m. and I haven't taken one since 6 a.m. this morning. At this point, I think they are doing more harm than good and I'm really not feeling any pain bad enough to take them anyway. I'm sure I will continue to feel better not being on them anymore! I took a good nap again today while my younger son napped. I might not be able to take one tomorrow, maybe a small one, we will see. Either way, I should get a lot more sleep tonight since I don't have to take the antibiotic every 6 hours anymore! I'm getting more and more excited to have them now that the recovery is going well. I still want to take it easy as much as I can though, I really don't want to overdo it, even though I would love to go shopping! I went to the doctor today, they took the dressings off, showed me how to massage them and told me everything looked good. I'm glad to hear it and will be going back in 2 weeks to have them check them out again! I think my husband isn't going to have any problems helping me massage them! Anyway, I did sleep good again last night and was just really tired this morning. I hope it won't be quite as bad tomorrow since I should get some more sleep. Oh and the doctor said I should keep the band on for about 3 more days, take it off on Thursday. I kind of like it, so I think I'll probably still wear it from time to time if I want to. I also brought a sports bra that is very comfy and not too tight or constricting and I put it on at the office, they said that would be fine to wear as well. So I am wearing that and it feels a bit better to have a bra on again! Especially supporting these much bigger girls! Well, I know I still need to take some more photos, not much has changed, I guess I will take some photos of the incisions!

So far, so good!

Slept good again last night, no more pain pills is going great! I feel pressure, but not enough pain to take anything! I took a shower all by myself this morning and that felt great, no problems washing my hair, but I was taking it easy, not my normal routine. I think I forgot to mention I took a shower on post op day 3, Sunday, but my husband helped me with that one. Anyway, I am feeling good except for my stomach. I was being stubborn and didn't take. Any kind of stool softener until yesterday, now it doesn't hurt to go or having any problems, but I am afraid the antibiotics are taking a toll on me. I took a very strong antibiotic two years ago to get rid of a bad ear infection and a few months later I had bald spots on my head. I went to a chiropractor/nutritionist who does bio meridian tests and after a few months I was better. I would hate to have to go through all that again, but at least I know what to look for now and can expect it to possibly happen. Going into this, the antibiotics were probably my worst fear, even though I know they serve a good purpose and I am glad I had them, the after effects are frustrating. I am taking probiotics though and hope to work on a good diet that will help as well. Anyway, I can use the arnica gel now and I hope these massages help some too! I can't wait to see them look more like they should, even though they aren't horrible now! Pictures coming soon, I took them and now I just need to get on the computer to work on them!

Posting some photos and update!

So I had another good nights sleep last night, woke up this morning with a bit of morning boob, but nothing I couldn't handle. I feel like I can feel them more now, so maybe the numbing stuff is starting to wear off? They feel a bit softer, but not much. I think the massages are helping and so is the strap. I know I was thinking at first I wanted to keep it on longer, but I have had about enough of it! Overall, I'm just feeling fat though and really need to get in shape. I don't want to be out in public in a bikini looking like this! I am going to try and figure out some lower body, low impact exercises I can do so I feel like I'm doing something! I'm really feeling pretty good though and I'm so glad recovery is going well for me. I think the worst is just getting going in the morning, it takes a few hours for me to really get going. I drove for the first time yesterday, I didn't have any problems, turning was a bit difficult, but not painful. I feel like I need to do some more stretching with my arms or something, but not sure what I should or could do. I can reach my arms over my head fine, have been able to do that pretty good since Monday. I'm trying to take it as easy as I can, the house is a mess, but I imagine I will get it under control sooner or later, maybe hire a maid...anyway, I guess that is all for now. The photos I'm posting were taken at post op day 4.

Not much change...

I'm feeling a little swollen, but I know it really hasn't changed any. I guess I've just gotten tired of it already and wish it would go away! I've been putting the arnica gel on, massaging and taking arnica as well. I'm not sure if anything is helping or not, but I'll do it anyway! I even to an extra strength tylenol this morning to see if that would do any good. No real pain, but they do still have a very achy feeling when I wake up in the morning, doesn't last long though. I went ahead and took the band/strap off. I feel better without it on, but I'm hoping I don't need it anymore to do what it should be doing. I was a little concerned it probably wasn't helping any with the swelling, so who knows, I guess we will just wait it out and see how it goes. My younger son has been sick today, mainly just a whole lot of post nasal drip, but I feel so bad not getting to hold him like I would before. I did let him sit in my lap with a blanket between me and him, but he wasn't leaning back on me. I might try it again, but I'm a little concerned he will want to lay back on me more. Well, anyway, I slept pretty good last night, changed pillows at the last minute and woke up with my back hurting, so I guess my pillow choice didn't go over very well. I feel like my posture is off now and I need to work harder to sit up straight!

New photos!

Well, last night I woke up from a weird dream and it took me a while to fall back asleep. I got up and took another extra strength tylenol since I'm still feeling swollen. Finally got back to sleep and had another completely different weird dream, I think I kind of woke up from that one too, but was still able to rest pretty good till the kids woke up! I wanted to take some more photos today, so these are from this morning 8 ish days post op. I feel like my left breast is much higher and/or swollen, however, I also feel like my right breast is swollen, just in a different way. I think I can feel the implant on my right side, since it seems to be a tad softer, but not sure. I guess it is kind of hard to tell when they are under the muscle. Well, I guess that's it for now!

Still trying to figure this all out!

Well, yesterday evening, they were feeling pretty swollen, maybe from doing so much, I don't know. I had to head out to the store yesterday and pick up some things and it was a lot different shopping than it was before surgery! Hopefully it will be a bit better next time I go! Anyway, so I decided to try sleeping more elevated last night in addition to taking two extra strength tylenol. Before I had just taken one, again, no pain, just trying to get the swelling to go down some, it bothers me, but not painful enough for anything, I just want it to go away! Kind of a hard thing to try and explain! So I woke up this morning and I think doing both those things helped some, morning boob wasn't as bad and I didn't feel that swollen, but I can tell it's still there. Anyway, I'm looking forward to them dropping and feeling more normal. Overall, it's not bad though, I'm happy to have them nice and plump!

Feeling better each day!

Yesterday felt like a pretty normal day. I slept good and cooked breakfast and dinner. We went out for a bit and just enjoyed the day! I feel like my right one is dropping into place nicely now, but lefty is still a bit behind. I'm giving it some extra massaging and I think it is starting to help some! I still feel a bit swollen, still taking 2 extra strength tylenol at night for the swelling (no pain). But I probably just need to do the arnica gel a bit more, I usually only end up doing it twice a day at the most and I think I can do that up to 3 times a day. Overall they are feeling pretty good and I need to take a new photo to see the progress!

I just want them to look the same!

Ugh, I feel like it is getting more noticeable now that the right one has dropped more than the left. I should probably try massaging the left one a bit more, but just not sure if it is helping. I guess it has a bit, it seems to have dropped the slightest bit, just not near as much as the right. I took some more photos today to show my progress (or lack thereof).

Moving the slightest bit at a time!

I went back to the Dr. for a check up on Monday and I wasn't doing the massaging quite right, so hopefully now it will drop even faster! I'm noticing some difference in it, just not enough for them to be the same yet. I will have to take some more photos though, hard to believe it will be 3 weeks tomorrow!

One moth later....

So it has been a little over a month now since having my BA. I'm loving them more each day and it's amazing how I don't even notice there is an implant in there! I took some photos right at 30 days PO and my left boob is still high, but I do see it dropping the slightest bit every day. It probably even looks better now than in these photos I'm posting, I'm bad about doing new photos though, so I'll just go with these for now!
Austin Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kelly (man) with Meridian surgery center in Austin is awesome! I can't speak highly of him enough. He did a great job on putting the right size implant in my breasts without me having to try and figure it out for myself! I showed him some photos of about how big I would like them to be, told them what size bra I would like to wear and in my case, he filled them up where there use to be something there! I was most impressed with his confidence that I would not need a lift. Two other doctors I did consults with both thought I would need one and I was not comfortable with having one done. I think he really understood that they were once much bigger with being pregnant and breastfeeding and the nipple position was fine, so it makes sense that it would be fine after an implant is in them anyway! Dr. T is very easy to talk to, gives you more than enough time to ask questions and help in any way he can. He also has a PA that is awesome! Cindy is always available to ask questions and field concerns. She has been great at helping me through the whole process and has made everything very comfortable for me. I couldn't be happier with the Dr. and staff I picked to have my BA done. I have a friend that had a BA and TT done with him and I'm glad she referred me to him!

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful